Still not beating Avatar cape shitters!

Still not beating Avatar cape shitters!

Attached: 1549587048476.png (1200x600, 532K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-avengers-endgame-passes-titanic-at-global-box-office-22b-1207494
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ava what?

>Marveldrones reeeeing about inflation because they know they can't beat Titanic or Avatar
hhehehehehe

Hard cope.

How could a movie like avatar, that manage to get more than 2b at the box office, could be so forgetable and make no impact at all to pop culture, was it the 3d gimmick? was it all an ealborate plan to promote 3d tv's?

Denial
>There's no way capeshit would ever break box office records.
Anger
>Look at all the fucking plot holes! This movie fucking sucks, nobody can stand to watch this!
Bargaining It's not even adjusted for inflation, Cameron is still the king! Besides, Avatar 2 will blow them the fuck out for sure!
Depression
>It's not fucking fair. His passion project crushed by heartless corporatism... there is no justice. The world is against us.
Acceptance
>404: File Not Found

Attached: 1430996899655.jpg (491x713, 178K)

>he has this saved in notepad
embarassing

Who cares when Avatar 2 will destroy them both

I dont think any of that has ever been said

Just wait and see blue fag, only 500 mil to go

now are you adjusting for inflation there, kiddo?

Some boomer tech demo without cultural impact

It will pass it on Thursday. Screencap this post, for you're witnessing history.

I remember people talking so much about how innovative it was. Plus, I think it's the only full movie to ever come out in 4d.

It was a technical masterpiece, to say the least.

>muh cultural impact
These are action movies you niggers, not agitprop.

Endgame is about to beat Avatar in 3 weeks, it took avatar 56 days to reach one billion lol. And avatar was re-released adding to the box office.

lurk more then

>MCU
>cultural impact
Harley Quinn has a bigger impact .

600 million left
Could this cute furball bring down Thanos with him

Attached: DAAACD8A-D196-4AC5-8D72-94E4873DC16A.jpg (1280x724, 70K)

I'm gonna ask ya again. are you adjusting for inflation?

*dabs*

Attached: IMG_2442.jpg (1280x720, 28K)

why does anyone bring up inflation? avatar isnt even the highest grossing film in that category

why do you think inflation doesn't matter?

and yet most of those movies, avengers, jurassic park, fast and the furious, even titanic are well known for the masses and pop culture, while avatar is only remembered as that 3d movies that basically was pocahontas with ble aliens

i think it does, but it doesnt matter for avatar shills, since gone with the wind made more counting inflation

Lmao. Tick tock

Attached: 1557074223935.jpg (640x743, 194K)

denying marvel impact to pop culture is either being fucking delusional or being so detached from reality

>was re-released 10 times in 80 years taking a literal 2 years in the box office to reach that much

lol

it's going to be that too, and it didn't even need a gimmick or expensive tickets due to 3D to do it

Why do you think it matters only when Avatar is about to lose?

>some capeshit that was truly fueled only by nostalgia beating an original, pure, and beauty story by cameron
c'mon breh, and poetic, as well as ironic, if pokemon does make the comic book cinema finale fall with it
or it actually ends up being kino af

In 10 years, a movie will do it in 2 days

>delusional boomer lacks reading comprehension
yeet

the only ones who bring up inflation are coping DChumps and avatards, they're on the verge of suicide since their trash movies are about to be killed off forever

>avatar shills
they don't even exist. the fact is marvelshills are ignoring inflation and the increased size of box office markets across the planet because they know what it means.

oh no... he's delusional...

it made 30 million at the re-release, basically nothing
the real story is China, 5k screens in 2009, 60k screens now
an increase of 1100% in the biggest foreign market
that's the whole story of why Endgame even as a chance

Attached: avaend4.png (1421x445, 246K)

not many people count GWtW because obviously

I don't see this movie making another 1.2 billion, that's just silly. I also don't think that's the only thing that matters.

The gimmick was "you've watched these characters in 20 different movies, find out how it ends!"

is that the movie with the futuristic helicopters and the big forest?

>the real story is China, 5k screens in 2009, 60k screens now
this x 1000

>"Avengers Secret Wars breaks records as the first movie in history to make 2 billion dollars in 2 days"

Attached: 1437968685218.jpg (185x243, 16K)

>hehe watch avatar guys the new 3D will cost you 40 dollars a ticket
>WHY IS AVATAR SO SUCCESSFUL?!?!!?

lol

I still don't get why Yea Forums is so happy about Avatar boxoffice being beaten by capeshit, it's like doctors would be arguing on some medical forum that one caner is more deadly than another.

And your popcorn is gonna cost $30 for a large.

Ok cameronbros, hear me out. It’s looking like EG will pass titanic. We can’t let it pass avatar. To let EG pass avatar destroys its legend. Think the culture of the white world or religion, this is a symbolic battleground of jewish dominance destroying the old world. Disney know this. We have to keep that legend alive.

This may sound crazy to people here but that doesn’t matter as long as enough agree to join in and we get this done. The 8th is a cosmologically significant day, so this is the day I’ve chosen, but this can be changed once we get stuff properly organised. Experienced individuals will take DMT preferably or LSD, and get into a meditative state. Using certain mantras (again this can be sorted out once we have a discord going) we will collectively think about and send strong energies of the same type, this must be synchronised, twilight or midnight would be perfect times. Once our energies are collected into a powerful flow, we will use the meditative technique and move across the metaphysical concept space and then collectively will EG to not beat infinity war. Even about 10 people might be enough as long as Disney isn’t using the same magics to will it to success. If they are, we can at least fight them. This will be dangerous if it’s the case, they will have powerful evil magic and only take this mission on if you are willing to risk that. We may all perish, but at least we can mount some sort of resistance, stop their plans if even for a little while. But we may win, our pure energies and better planning /kinship could win us it. Either way, we will use this concept space to will Cameron the win, or at least give him strength. This energy may manifest itself in the release of a avatar 2. The most important part of the invisible war IS in the concept/ metaphysical realm and the Jews know this, we need to mount a defence.

Attached: 6B15F540-E260-40C9-83B6-81ED562A2B0A.png (646x700, 145K)

See if you were old enough to remember Avatar in theaters you'd know the 3D price was like an extra 2 dollars.

Why the fuck does this news anchor who wears a suit in his profile pic have time to participate in internet capeshit wars?

>what's inflation?

>I still don't get why Yea Forums is so happy about Avatar boxoffice being beaten by capeshit
well it isn't, so

dilate

(2)
For less experienced laymen, simple medidiate, or not, and focus and think really hard for avatar to win. Wish it and obbessily think about it like you want for nothing else. Make your entire conscious being project the idea of Cameron winning. This will help those making the journey to non physical places. Mantras will be sorted out later

Good luck everyone, there will be trolls but those who are serious, let’s get planning.

Thought I’d retry this here because I see people on our side in the thread

Attached: 79A9110D-2914-4C8B-92AF-1234DDFB7C44.jpg (670x1024, 122K)

how many screens existed din 1997? how many now? bluechecks on suicide SQUAD

What's 3d markup you faggot?

I went to avatar in theatres, it depended on the theatre you went to. I went to the biggest screen possible.

>entire thread ignores this post
hmmmmm

>There are winners and losers in the billion dollar company wars
>cheering for your fav billion dollar company

Attached: 1555572155044.jpg (569x500, 12K)

BASED

>12 times as many screens as there were in 2009
>muh extra 2 dollars

NOOOOOOOOO, IT DOESN'T MATTER SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Attached: 1545127836840.jpg (233x217, 9K)

Cameron bought a lot of the tickets to inflate the numbers.

this, I saw Cameron in the theaters like 3 times.

>Avengers: New Game Plus Collector's Edition With Pre-Order Bonus Content

Reminder to inflation fags that the dollar was weak in 2009/2010 compared to now. Otherwise it wouldn't do as much in International numbers.

Attached: rg4341.jpg (750x934, 76K)

>2 dollars
I saw Avatar in 3D in 2010. It cost over twice what a matinee ticket did (it was 21 dollars - a matinee here is 9.50).

>Marvelfags in charge of economics

>It cost over twice what a matinee ticket did
why lie on the internet?

bet your nose will be on your forehead by the end of this

Avatar did have cultural impact.
It started a trend of forcing shitty 3D for every movie as a must. Fuck 3D ti's just an excuse to make people pay more for the tickets and it looks like shit most of the time.

sneed

Test.

the plot of Avatar is jewish as fuck

retard

If you count inflation then Gone with the Wind is still the king

very few movies were that way before the dawn of social media where virtue signalling and conformity give you more online internet points

if avatar were released today with the same fanfare it bad before and sold nearly 3bil (would be a ton more today with the rise of chinka and india) then things would be way different

the last major movie that had any genuine cultural impact was probably the matrix
you just can't tell what's people trying to fit in online or what's genuine anymore due to all the marketing done in nefarious ways these days

It was literally double the price, seeth harder

It's gonna beat it on ticket sales. Remove the 3D extra cost, it wins for sure

Do any of these flicks released before home video even count?

in leaf land, tickets were 23$ for 3d, not even imax. now they are 19$ max....

Thats a fuckton of money by itself

avatar would be way bigger with way more of a cultural impact than end game if it were released in this new online social media age

[x] doubt

Attached: dread it run from it.png (500x354, 307K)

It was literally an extra 2 dollars. You'd know this if mummy and daddy didn't buy your ticky.

>ticket sales
>with more screens worldwide
impressive... not!

It was literally 3D
People forget but there used to be an entire subgenre of shitty horror and thriller movies that were marketed exclusively through gimmicks like special glasses or a paper mache skeleton over the audience at the end of the movie, Avatar is just an adequate movie that became profitable through the greatest gimmick the motion picture industry has yet to create, aside from possibly the Cinematic Universe "concept"

I literally have the ticket stub at home. I keep the stubs of every movie I've seen since Two Towers.

literally post it and a normal tickey and be proven wrong

It was also the good 3D and not that red cyan bullshit.

Everyone participates in capeshit wars because it's somehow become a metric of how much of a fan you are, and people like being a part of a "winning" team
I'd love to know where this corporate bootlicker mentality came from, it seemed like it penetrated the mainstream through capeshit like Marvel without anyone noticing

yes, so what?

Because to calculate for inflation properly, you'd have to calculate for every currency that featured in that movie's gross. It's a meme argument.

It varied at different locations. Idk why people would argue this. Different theaters, different glasses, different projection methods and different prices. Some places were double, some 50% more some 2 bucks. It cost more and was not consistently priced.

>inflation
>meme argument
whatever you say marvelcuck

>Cameroncuck still trying to cope

Cameronfag doesn't know about exchange rates LMAO

It's clearly passing the 3 billion mark, user. It is inevitable at this point.

I don't get the excitement. Doesn't Disney own fox and with it avatar?

Literally dumb asses arguing who can give Disney the most money

Reviews for Pikachu are lukewarm at best. It's gonna do well, but it won't take away from Endgame.

>Marvelcucks cope ever harder by ignoring inflation and fewer screens

>Marvelfags are so beyond cucked they believe nobody took the time to adjust the inflation of a handful of nations
you know people are paid to run movie numbers, right? you do realize a more than hundred billion dollar industry kinda needs accounting right?

!RemindMe 3650 days

edit: Fuck I forgot RemindMe was only on reddit

edit2: FUCK I also forgot editing comments was only possible on reddit

>muh more screens

yes but avatar had literally no competition and was screened for like half a fucking year, including december and summer

>muh inflation
yes but tickets were sold at $20 a pop for 3d screens which was a huge deal back in the day, everyone wanted to try it, now people don't care about 3d.

>muh avatar had no cinematic universe like avengers
yeah faggot, but cameron had a lot of good movies on his record including the top grossing one at the time

keep making excuses, it will be glorious when avatar 2 doesn't even gets close to avatar

>hurrrrr inflation means you'll never beat out our BO it's now 500.000 billion due to inflaction durrrrr
cameron fags are retarded and don't understand how money works

>Avatar
>original
come on now

Attached: 1555987588317.jpg (413x395, 40K)

You sound very intelligent, why don't you explain to me how money works and how inflation is a Cameron psyop?

>almost nothing he said was true
sad

Holy shit this is just so embarrassing. Why do you even give a fuck you drooling fucking retard?

daily reminder none of the capeshitters in this thread were even on Yea Forums when avatar came out

Half of them were still in diapers.

Well, it's true.

nice counter arguments retards

cope, also when avatar came out you didn't have the streaming services as widely available as today

because the truth hurts
they might get the bragging rights for the highest grossing movie ever, but it's a hollow victory

People always bring up inflation, you fucking retard. The value of the USD today is not the same as it was 10, 20, 30, or even 40 years ago. Comparing something from 20 years ago to today's standards without taking 20 years ago's economic factors into consideration is just fucking stupid.

>counter the BS I posted
heh

>seething
I dont even give a fuck about your shitty who makes more money bullshit, dumbass.

when avatar came out China was 1/10th the market it is now

avatar literally pioneered 3d, it's 100x more important to cinema as a whole and the evolution of motion picture technology than s o yvengers ever will be

>my multi-billion dollar company earned more money than your multi-billion dollar company!

Attached: 1446160134191.png (652x624, 248K)

why do we measure by money instead of # of ticket sales? futureproof numbers.

it already costs it in my country

Because both don't give a completely accurate depiction of how many people saw the movie. Hollywood is about money, not making people happy.

>3d
>important to cinema

Attached: 1554245325056.png (512x384, 221K)

>Retards are actually arguing which ip of the same multi-billion dollar company made more

>pioneered 3D
More like they used a gimmick to push their movie. They don't even do 3D showings at my local theaters any more, because most people don't want to pay twice as much for a few gimmicky moments with blood or some object flying at you. In fact I can't think of a single memorable 3D experience other than Avatar.

Harley Quinn can't even beat the Ant-Man movies

So Cars is better than Avatar then. Made billions with merchandise.

I'm buying extra tickets to help. Fuck Avatar.

>muh inflation
>thinking there’s a significant amount of inflation between 2009 and 2019
There’s no reason to believe Endgame isn’t going to make 3 billion by next week.

The dollar menu at McDonald's is now the million dollar menu. Kys, seething marvelcuck

IT WILL BEAT AVATAR. It is only 600 million away from doing so. It would have to have worse drops than BvS for it to fall short

Merchandise profits are totaled with the box office results. They're also not a measure of anything.

>more screens!
Explain gone with the wind then

Here's the thing. If you count inflation then Gone With The Wind is the movie with the biggest box office. However for twenty year all we've been hearing is that Cameron's movies are number one, now suddenly that record is about to be beat and you want to bring up inflation. Don't you see the hypocrisy?

>popular book
>first technicoloured film
>zero competition
>extreme word of mouth appeal
it's not rocket appliances. I don't know why you marvelfags even bring it up.

>Don't you see the hypocrisy?
No because there is no hypocrisy.

>when cornered always use the Gone With the Wind meme
Gone With the Wind isn't comparable to any movie, it's just dumb to even try
there are no similarities with what the market was back then
the movie stayed in theaters for fucking 10 years and there was literally no competition
oh it was during WW2
there are so many variables that it's a completely meaningless to even bring it up

You don't seem to understand. Let me explain it you as if you were a child.
Lets say you pay 10 Euro for a ticket. The 10 Euro get converted to dollars. Weak dollar = You get more dollars when you convert from Euro. Strong dollar = you get less dollars when you convert from Euro.
Inflation numbers for currency that are not dollars don't matter as the earned money gets converted to dollars as the movie is running.

If lets say the dollar crashes and 1 Euro = 10 Dollars then a movie that grosses 300 million Euro will earn 3 Billion dollars.That number won't change on sites like Box Office Mojo even after the dollar becomes strong again.

this.
3d made it

this isn't a real post, is it?

Can you prove I'm wrong?

Uh, can you prove that bean counters don't do exchange rates for worldwide box offices? Fags on Reddit do it all the time for capeshit.

I can't really tell if you're being serious or not.

Use the Avatar Worldwide number then use a calculator for dollar Inflation 2010 to 2019.The number checks out even with the much stronger dollar.

Disney owns both of these movie franchises now. It literally doesn't matter.

>When Endgame passes $4b

Attached: 1557022275759.gif (288x284, 3.5M)

Yeah this is some weird bait.

kinos for this feel?

Cope harder

Just bought another $600 worth of tickets

People still remember Terminator, Aliens, even True Lies and The Abyss more than Avatar. James Cameron's biggest mistake is dedicating the last decades of his life to sequels for his worst movie.

inflation is always a bigger factor unless there would be a major crash in some big market
but really exchange rates or inflation don't really matter when you have an increase in cinema screens of 1100% in the biggest foreign market
that's the main game changer, China
Endgame is doing way worst in all other big markets like Germany, France and Japan

What's there to cope about? The fact that Endgame is making more money in 2019 USD on an exuberant amount of screens compared to 2009, after shitting out 24 movies for the past ten years?

Why is he twerking? Does he want Ant-Man up in his ass so bad?

Based.

Attached: 771a0e155cbe3eb9e3bf212f70f0f832.png (1090x738, 1.1M)

My post was aimed at inflation retards that don't take exchange rates in concern. If you can't prove me wrong sit your ass down.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1024px-Poster_-_Gone_With_the_Wind_01[1].jpg (1024x1577, 735K)

What makes you think foreign box office totals aren't in USD?

>in theaters for 4 years during a time where people wanted to ignore a fucking world war
completely comparable

hahaha lets see tomorrow

That's what I'm saying. They are. If I pay Euro for tickets that money gets converted to dollars. Avatar got 2 Billion International when the dollar was weak.

Attached: 1537727085500.png (621x702, 67K)

Did you really think that you could beat James Cameron, disneykiddies?

heh! don't cry too hard when reality hits you in the face.

Attached: james_cameron_0.jpg (2560x1771, 527K)

Didn't Avatar reach those numbers through a re-release?

Reminder that Avatar was successful because of its 3D gimmick.
Avatar 2 won’t have the same advantages of its predecessor and will disappoint at the box office.

From the same time? OK give me a sec

I gave you an hour cunt

Cope.

>disney "owning" avatar
So is Cameron Tywin and Disney Joffrey?

Attached: 48F84405-A5DC-4C44-B59F-4F81B3CE29B5.jpg (300x168, 7K)

it made 30 million
basically irrelevant

what connection does GWTW have with Avatar

for a day in select places

My God. Is Exchange Rate that hard a concept for you? Do you believe every country uses the American dollar?

every box office goes by USD, are you retarded? the USD is the most important currency on the entire planet, and yes, nearly every country on the planet uses the USD.

Tell me about your worst and best cinema/theater experiences.
ALSO
What is the best cinema snack?

Attached: abba.jpg (610x343, 179K)

>and yes, nearly every country on the planet uses the USD.
OK, now I see you're just a retard. Sorry for taking your time.

Fuck, you are actually a child. I'm sorry if I called you retarded before, that wasn't very nice was it?

Attached: 1556746082342.jpg (989x741, 66K)

You’re the only one seething, Cameroncuck.

cant tell if serious...

not him but which countries use the dollar as their main currency?

times as many screens as there were in 2009
why is this relevant?
the movie is only out in theathers, i dont know where you live but here Theathers have only closed down since 2009

>He's serious

Attached: 1556935925566.png (1280x786, 737K)

>no one uses the USD
>no one uses the USD as their MAIN CURRENCY
you tried

>more screens
>"why is this relevant?"

Attached: 1530530506541.png (1089x947, 1.73M)

>movie is only available on one screen format currently
>a format that is also dying

WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
NO THANOS NO I NEED MY PANDORA THEME PARK
AAAAAAAAARRRRRGH

and???

>AAAAAAAAHHH INFLATION SAVE MEEE

>AHHHHH, HELP ME CHINA

ok now this is based

Attached: 1556802958110.gif (426x176, 1.78M)

this is going to be a little awkward when it doesn't beat Avatar, or even Titanic.

Dread it
Run from it
Destiny still arrives

no really. people dont buy tickets with US dollars if their main currency is not US dollars. people have done the math for Avatar and inflation and exchange rates pretty much cancel each other out

god you are really fucking stupid

brand tribalism
social media has helped it spread like cancer

Face it Marveldrones, your wimpy flicks can’t compete with the big Cameron cinemas. Avatar 2 is less than 1000 days away, revolutionizing cinema tech like new methods of underwater filming.

Attached: 86913148-7FDC-488C-BF10-E5609DD650A6.jpg (330x189, 14K)

batmansupe man is better

are you ok mate

>or even Titanic.

Attached: tortoise.png (1052x732, 170K)

>NOOOOO INFLATION ISN'T REAL!!!!!

Attached: 1545234374970.png (324x313, 235K)

>laughs in Gone With The Wind

The movie did better in the USA and China keeps most of the gross, though. Hollywood barely gets shit from them.

huh, weird I don't see Endgame anywhere yet...

Attached: 1536181287010.png (448x342, 39K)

just needs one more week retard

There is and you're blind if you don't see it.

highest grossing film of all time when accounting for inflation, the true final boss, not avatar

>in theaters for 4 years during WWII

>as of 2017

OH NONONONONO HAHAHAHHAH

>as of 2017

Attached: picard_eeehhh.jpg (650x400, 30K)

lmao, once it's updated you're still not gonna see it there
cope harder lads

cope

See

>oh nononono...
>AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Untitled.png (550x190, 13K)

Jews always have time to talk about money

>brainlet accidentally posts outdated chart
>backpedals
>accuses others of coping
based retard

Attached: 1553278990867.png (375x416, 148K)

>Avatar not even on top
uwu what’s this????

director: james cameron
writer: james cameron
based

>brainlet not understanding it wouldn't even be up there anyway
lmaoing at you

Attached: 1447473303111.jpg (996x868, 117K)

Even if we take Exchange Rates in mind with today's Rates it would still have made about 2,4B. Which Endgame isn't making. China and Europe won't help anymore and when Detective Pikachu comes this weekend it will be the end.

B T F O

Attached: NOOOO IT CANT BE HAPPENING BROS.png (867x769, 98K)

>not adjusted for inflation
heh

>t.

Attached: 030492010392.png (668x810, 87K)

m-m-m-m-uh INFLATION

NOOOOOOO

cope harder.

>disneykiddies
>Avatar own by disney, now
t.retardcamoronshill

>Implying reviews meant shit after Venom and Captain Marvel.

>gone with the wind doesn't count
Yikes, kys, avatarfag

>as of 2017
YOU. FUCKING. TARD.

If Endgame beats Avatar this is gonna set new records.

hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-avengers-endgame-passes-titanic-at-global-box-office-22b-1207494

Fuck Marvel, Fuck Avatar, Fuck James Cameron and Fuck Kevin Feige

Attached: 1539634425323.jpg (1050x704, 267K)

>9 years of capeshit
>still not up there
lmao

DCuck is mad

reminder that disney owns the Avatar franchise now
you are literally shilling for 2 products from the same company

We just hold a grudge against Cameron.

>Needs 20 movies in order to beat two standalone movies by the same guy
Kek

Attached: 1446584193893.png (400x388, 125K)

>Endgame won't make 2.4b

Are you for real? Like...seriously? It'll easily pull another 100m next week and the following, like no doubt it'll get the 200m. Maybe don't comment in these threads, you don't know what you're talking about

>I don't understand that now tickets cost more
This is a joke right?

Grace Randolph thinks it can't beat Avatar and has only 400 hundred in the tank.
Scott Mendelsonn thinks Disney wants Avatar to be at the top because otherwise Avatar 2 would be a hard sell. It is over.

>I don't understand that now tickets cost more
That isn't true for 4 of those 5 movies

>Scott Mendelsonn
He's not even a real person, he's just a Forbes account controlled by a bot.

nobody cares about 3D gimmics anymore, avatar 2 wont even surpass the 2 billion mar

>Grace Randolph thinks it can't beat Avatar and has only 400 hundred in the tank.
>youtuber thinks a thing

Kill yourself you worthless faggot

where is the money likely to come from, domestic or international

The time of capeshit is over zoomer

>TITANIC BTFO

The chinks love Avatar. Every single one of them will go see it and it will be the most profitable movie of all time because of it.

Asia, Europe and Australia all fucking love Avatar. A handful of amerimutts boycotting "muh hippie propaganda" isn't going to stop Avatar 2, 3, 4 and 5 from all passing 3 billion.

Adams

SEA and the Americas.
China and Europe are mostly done.

meant for