Did Endgame and Infinity War leave any doubt at all that a Dragon Ball adaptation would work?

Did Endgame and Infinity War leave any doubt at all that a Dragon Ball adaptation would work?

Attached: 34721283b524f2ca8518872538578eadc60fc575_hq (1).jpg (1024x576, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pB21Mo5Yr2Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dragon Ball classic? Yeah, a big budget film series based off Dragon Ball would probably work if they abridged it. The fanbase is so diehard and the original anime is so well written after all.

The fight between Strange and Thanos that took place in Infinity War was absolutely proof that a DBZ adaptation could work if it's in the right hands.

Seriously, that fight was fucking kino.

Maybe DB. Not DBZ. That scene was closer to Naruto desu.

You made this thread yesterday loser/shill

Fuck you

The Dragonball live action movie flopped hard.

Did you forget man of steel? Thats quintessential DBZ fighting as well as the matrix sequels

Attached: El Hermano vs Jiren & SSW2 Gohanpadre Calvo.webm (854x480, 2.93M)

MoS did a good job with the speed fighting. But I honestly think that's the extent of it. Any further and I'm not sure your average viewer will buy into it.

Dragon Ball is fucking gay

this. Infinity War is proof of concept for the energy beams, MoS is proof of concept for the speed fights

Why have a live action movie that would rely on cgi ?

Dragon Ball is cringe and bluepilled. It's soulless trash.

That accurately describes Dragon Ball Super, yes. But not Dragon Ball or Dragon Ball Z.

And Captain Marvel does the Super Saiyan transformation.

the hair would be a big problem

also do they cast saiyans as white or asian

DBZ and DBS fights are way too fast to be adapted properly.

Attached: 1540809927496.webm (888x500, 2.84M)

People who don't like super are fags

no, dbz fights actually have fight choreography, something no marvel movie has ever had apart from maybe winter soldier (at a street scale too)

Please stop trying to encourage such disaster.

Fuck off spic

The only director capable of making a good live-action DBZ movie is Stephen Chow.

DBZ fights would get boring quickly, its just hand to hand combat with some lasers. Marvel has characters with tons of different superpowers

You've been watching the wrong series

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

>tfw DBS looks so bad that I can't tell if this is real or fake as it's identical in quality

>Universe 7's main strength is derived from "trust"
>only Gohan and Piccolo strategically fight as a team
>it all comes down to powerups and the teams strongest fighters, as usual
I'll admit I was hyped up and liked the ending, but having "trust" being U7's strength didn't make that much sense, and I've been watching DB/Z since the turn of the millennium. I think this is one of the reasons Jiren didn't work so well, he wasn't the "opposite" of Goku in the way they pushed.

>Dragon Ball classic?

Fuck no. DB is lighthearted and comedic in nature. Oolong and Puar would no doubt be sonic tier CG and good luck finding a kid actor to know how to fight and know how to act.

Trunks saga or maybe Bardock could work though.

Attached: twtivfs738tx.jpg (5484x1920, 1.29M)

I watched all of DBZ when I was a kid

>DBS animation is goo-

youtu.be/pB21Mo5Yr2Q

It will when normalfags gravitate to anime in 10 years.

DBS is shit though

I dont remember how old I was, but I can remember how fucking intense that was as a kid.

All of Dragonball is shit. Super, Z, GT, its all garbage.

Well, they have them, but do they use them that much? Besides Marvel, Man of Steel was considered to have great action as its selling point and it was Superman fighting other Supermen flying and punching.
Captain America, Black Panther.. they're just martial artists. Even Ironman feels like DBZ, flying and doing sick combos and shooting lasers.

So yeah they can make basic action look interesting with the proper direction and that's why it's unlikely it'll happen. The MCU was done by people who FUCKING LOVE Marvel so they knew how should it look.
The people who "FUCKING LOVE" DBZ aren't actually working at hollywood.
I can write a nice outline of a script for a DBZ movie here, but I'm a fan. A first movie could easily cram up everything up to Nappa and Vegeta being defeated, with slight changes to make it a more cinematic experience (maybe this time the Z warriors actually defeat Nappa and get killed by Vegeta? some shit like that).

But the problem is finding a guy who cares for the franchise.
Also, the enemies can be given more unique styles. Nappa would be like fighting a wrestler and that shit would look cool. The Ginyu force all have gimmicks that would be played up for a movie (time stop, super speed, fire, pure power and body change). This shit can be made to look good.

No I just stole someone else's idea

Have sex.

Attached: 1451958656389.jpg (900x624, 278K)

I have sex all the time. I'm not a faggot that watches anime.

Give me one reason to believe that op is not a mexican fag from facebook

Seriously. A adaptation of the Vegeta saga could work. Smaller budget than doing Namek/Freeza and it feels great and contained.
>The RAID style fights meets Man of Steel/Matrix FX/speed
>cast of great characters
>maybe a Junkie XL remix of the Japanese score

Fuck. I want a DBZ live film so bad.

There's literally no way you could make a human being look like Goku, or any other DB character for that matter
They're all very cartoony in terms of their proportions and profile features, that's half of the fun

Asian. Then people couldn't get in a tizzy about another white man story.
ThebZ fighters could mostly be Asian then make Bulma white. Hell, maybe even make Yamcha white.

Funny enough just rewatched the 90s Mortal Kombat and I feel like Robin Shou would have been a rad Yamcha if they did a movie in the 90s.

Oh no no no..

Attached: 1537277461314.webm (720x405, 1.79M)

>I have sex all the time.

Attached: 1551412327824.gif (500x281, 1.21M)

Concession

What’s pic related?

I seriously think they could do all of DBZ.
Just take out Ginyu force and obvious filler from anime and you're good.
>Vegeta Saga film
>time jump to a Namek/Freeza saga film
>another time jump to a Android saga film which then leads to a
>follow up Cell saga film
>one last time jump with a Buu saga film to wrap the series

All this could be done in a decade or just under.

Sure, you sound like you need a win today.

Attached: 1546661894951.gif (496x278, 500K)

There's nothing about a live-action DBZ film that's more appealing than simply seeing better quality animation
This is inescapable fact

Freeza would obviously be the main villain of the first film.

Freeza destroys Planet Vegeta. 20-30 years pass and the sole survivors have to work together to defeat him as he is making his way towards Earth.

After Freeza's defeat, other characters would arrive on Earth either for protection or to prove themselves worthy of ruling the universe.

TFS already did

Krillin and Tien definitely Chinese/Tibetan. Not sure what they would do with Chaozu, or if they would even keep him in.
Yamcha could be white, even lightskin Arab or Latino since he's a desert bandit/baseball player/Latin lover/cuck.
Piccolo is a black guy in green makeup.
The only question is the Saiyans. Are the white/asian/hapa? They show traits from both. Should they be a consistent race? Is Gohan portrayed by a Hapa?
It would be cool if Toriyama said what he envisions for Goku in a live action film.

Dragon Ball doesn't have the large amount of quirky (read: shit) humour that capeshit has.

It wouldn't work. It's too based.

Capeshit is used to push social messages. DBZ doesn't have that. DBZ is more primal than that. DBZ is good and bad, effort, bravery, triumph. It is these things in a pure form without social commentary baggage. Hollywood want to push things with social commentary baggage. They could add that baggage to DBZ, but it'd stick out like a sore thumb to the tonnes of people who are familiar with the series.

DBZ is too good for Hollywood.

It's cool to see a live-action version of anything, satan. It just sucks that they're almost never executed properly.

I dunno, you get slavery and racism with Frieza and his army looking down on Saiyans as monkeys, he only cares about power and profit by selling planets, and Vegeta vs Goku has the whole
>You were born as a low class, you'll never surpass me
schtick. Those seem like common enough messages to push for in a movie.

I'd also want to see what kind of foreshadowing they include since the original series has next to none, as Toriyama was writing it on the go.

It would appear to be alt art of the android sage, you filthy faggot, also android saga is best saga

Phase 1:
Demon King Piccolo/ Emperor Pilaf
The Saiyans
Namek and Frieza

Phase 2:
Androids Part 1
The History of Trunks
Androids Part 2/ Cell Part 1
The Cell Games

Phase 3:
Broly
Buu Part 1
Buu Part 2
The Shadow Dragon

You mean Man of Steel and Captain Marvel, right?

Man of Steel and the rest of the dceu is aesthetically the exact opposite of what Dragon Ball should do.

But yeah captain marvel is accurate