This was pretty kino

This was pretty kino

Attached: download (1).jpg (184x273, 10K)

I didn't really get the ending.

What do you mean?

What's there to get?

Haha shake and bake fucks a blanket what a weird comedy
I laughed when the poo burns himself with caustic best out of place nonwhite since blazing saddles

After everything the brothers did, they just went back home? To their mother? It was not as glorious as it should have been.

You're demented

It's one of those subversive endings. Instead of getting some kind of epic shoot-out with the big baddie, he dies off-screen and everything just sort of works out in the end. If you found that amusing or not is up to you, I suppose.

Yeah
In the book they get fucked over several times lose all their money and just give up

It was interesting. Would've preferred if he didn't slip with the acid like an idiot

Literally the best western of the decade, it's not even close

No it wasn't. The ending was worse than fucking Baby Driver. John C. Reilly becomes a literal superhuman, fending off every single group they come across despite Joaquin being completely out of commission. Then this stretches on completely needlessly until they finally get to their mom's place and now happily ever after, it all worked out in the end. Real compelling.

>being a skilled gunfighter, fending off groups of untrained idiots, makes you an unrealistic superhuman
>this is only a problem in this film and no other western ever

It was just unecessary. Why did they feel the need to show us how "badass" John C. Reilly is with no explanation just to end the movie immediately after. It was retard-tier writing.

this is all correct but I still think it was a pretty great movie, would have been amazing if they let the story play out like the audience would want but I guess it's more important for the writer to feel clever for avoiding cliches

isn't it the only western of the decade? 310 to yuma was 2007 and I can't think of a single other one since

Hell or High Water blows both out of the water, fuck you it's a western

>John C. Reilly becomes a literal superhuman, fending off every single group they come across despite Joaquin being completely out of commission
That's only in the movie, I guess they tried to make it more action oriented. I agree with you
In the book there's one shootout, it's a 4v4, and it's against a couple of miners. Commodore never sends people after them.

modern day westerns aren't westerns go fuck off

I've been meaning to watch this it looks really good

>isn't it the only western of the decade?
Bone Tomahawk (2nd best)
Ballad of Buster Scruggs
The Revenant (debatable if it counts)
Hateful 8
Django Unchained
Magnificent 7 remake (terrible)
Ballad of Leftie Brown (more terrible)

Off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more though

>isn't it the only western of the decade?
you're not big into westerns huh
there are several westerns being released every year

It's explicitly stated that Reilly's character is the one who gets his brother out of trouble

>best western of the decade

Attached: b39.jpg (2025x3000, 1.26M)

even that john cusack/emile hirsch one that came out a few months ago was better than sisters brothers. super wackass title btw.

I knew I was forgetting another shitty one

I forgot about bone tomahawk but the rest of those don't really count

straight to dvd trash doesn't count either