Pansy looking character is actually an elite fighter

>pansy looking character is actually an elite fighter
>his appearance changes when he reveals his true power

how many movies do this?

Attached: 8c19b5de4b576bbd30da595eedb393e2.jpg (460x300, 19K)

Superman

The villain of scary movie 1

Zorro

Just because he's a great duelist doesn't mean he's any good in a real fight without rules. Which, as it turns out, he isn't.

>any good in a real fight without rules
What rules prevented neeson from not getting his ass whooped for most of the duel

>only the agreed upon weapons
>no backstabbing
He was playing Roths dance&parry game. He could have just smacked the boys rapier aside and beat his face to mush with his basket hilt.

>your year of training in a martial art and your many hours of practice in actual combat mean nothing

this is what trannies actually believe

He was doing fine. He was defeated by his own arrogance, not rule breaking.

He was playing Roth's game because they were in Roth's arena. Roth spent his life impregnating whores and fighting people for cash, Liam Neeson was cattle rustling and jumping guys. If he could just 'smacked the boy's rapier aside' he would have done so.

Underrated tropes thread?

>character refuses to make a sacrifice for the "greater good"

Attached: 1552863740700.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky

Attached: StoryOfRicky-Warden.jpg (600x330, 29K)

absolutely kino resolution

Dex fighters are terrifying.

Turbo Kid.

what was the name of this? I watched it in high school, great film, can't remember name though

>pure brute force defeats him
...yes, terrifying.

>gets almost immediately bodied anyways
Really makes me think.

Aizen

rob roy

Only because he let himself get played out of the Dex game and into Str's threat range. If he'd stayed outside, he'd have bled Roy dry.

kain refused the sacrifice

Protip

All swords are DEX weapons. Including montantes.

Attached: 5709851276_fe8174247c_b.jpg (700x450, 176K)

>5ft7 vs. 6ft2
i wonder who has more reach.

yes but you posted the wrong character

Attached: 75IL.gif (338x242, 2.12M)

Berserk did it

Reach and height dont decide anything in sword duels.

If you're a turbomanlet or a turbogiant you're fucked either way.

Someone who knows will attack the higher opponent lower where he can't defend himself without gaining distance

Reach is hardly relevant if you're nimble enough to strike and retreat more quickly than the opponent can reach you.

Ever Pro-er tip:
All Melee Weapons are Str AND Dex. Ignoring one over the other just makes you weaker in the long run.

let me stop you right there. are you a sword fighter?

most anime/shounen has the trope.

Attached: 060516150419_17.gif (200x150, 291K)

Yes, obviously. But swords scale with DEX, secondary str.

Yes aka a fucking nerd.

Attached: 1550149164864.gif (250x187, 2.27M)

fuck you’re stupid

not that guy but it's easy to overestimate the kind of reach provided within the human range of height, which generally between two combatants can range by about a foot and a half at most, as in the tallest fighter will only have a foot and a half on the smallest bar an actual midget if they are using the same weapons. As is fairly obvious, spears don't confer much advantage until they offer up to 4 feet of reach on top of a persons reach AT LEAST. So it's a minor advantage at best and not comparable to the advantage a spear offers.

I am too. The other user is right and you are wrong.

Actually I am

yeah i am

longswords weigh something like 1.5 to 3 lbs.

i wasn't the guy arguing with him, i was reading their argument and i wanted to know if i should take what he's saying seriously. what kind of a sword fighter are you? hema or you studied fencing or what?

What point are you trying to make? You still need strength behind your cut/thrust to pierce your opponents clothing/armor/whatever. You still need strength to overpower your opponent in the bind or if things devolve into a grapplefest. You still need strength to properly parry an opponent's attack. Stop thinking in RPG terms. Real life doesn't work that way.
t.hasn't lost a duel yet

Attached: swerve knave.png (1131x1989, 3.98M)

leonardo?

I've been practicing "swordsmanship" since I was old enough to swing a stick. As far as "official" training I've been studying Fiore Dei Liberi's work and HEMA with supplemental manuscripts. Been teaching others how to use a euro style longsword for about 3 years now and have been dabbling in japanese swordstyles for about 5 years, saber for 1 and sidesword for 2.

What I learned from Rob Roy:

Scots = Real men, strong and brave
English = Ponces, boy buggerers and effeminate cowards

lots

Attached: Oberyn_Martell-Pedro_Pascal.jpg (265x375, 21K)

Paul Blart Mall Cop

dat lightsaber tho

Got a problem with Kyle Katarn?

Attached: Katarns Bryar.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Just watch some animay.

Criminally underused trope.

that shit was hilarious, bleach is seriously the shittiest "famous" shonen in history.

>tfw actually liked Bleach for the first 300 or so episodes
It's like DBZ + Yu Yu Hakusho

Donny > Leo

Is that an albion on the left

who here /fence/?

Yes, I have studied the blade

You've had more swords than women on that bed
Have sex

I /massacrewaterbottles/

Attached: svärd.jpg (2448x3264, 825K)

IRL it doesn't though which is the point

Technically everyone in the movie was Scottish, Cunningham and Montrose were just Anglophile Lowlanders

sword fighting must have been terrifying, being a poor farmer in the 18th century having to fight barbarians or some army because your king fucked their king's wife or something, and you're going to get stabbed to death in a muddy field or maimed for life, fuck that shit just shoot me in the head

>sword fighting must have been terrifying, being a poor farmer in the 18th century having to fight barbarians or some army because your king fucked their king's wife or something, and you're going to get stabbed to death in a muddy field or maimed for life, fuck that shit just shoot me in the head
False flagging as a burger, user? That's what you do now to stir shit up?

This is true, I have no experience in fighting, yet, I'm sure I could beat most pros, because I would just bite them and poke their eyes, maybe go for the balls, they are not ready for that and I'm crazy and can do anything.

Did for 3 years, stopped because of a injured knees, now I'm doing kickboxing/MMA for 5 years. I'm still surprised fencing was harder on my knees than actualy kneeing people on the head

I wish I could afford an Albion. I'm a budget collector and try to find the diamonds in the rough so to speak. The one on the left is a Deepeeka Crucifix Long Sword. One of the few Deepeekas I'd actually recommend since most of their line of swords have pretty bad quality control. Deepeekas are usually barely above "beater" tier.

From left to right

Deepeeka Crucifix Long Sword
>very light
>near perfect balance
>hilt furniture is tight and snug, has yet to loosen up after a good deal of abuse
>hilt is very comfortable and secure in your hand

Windlass Steelcrafts Munich Cut & Thrust Sword
>balanced but heavy
>steel wire wrapped grip is comfortable if a bit small for my hands

Weapon Edge Napoleonic French General's Saber
>sexy as hell
>bought it for sabrage

Windlass Steelcrafts German Mace
>light and solidly built construction
>chopped a tree down with it
>blows are absorbed nicely into the haft, doesn't rattle your arm bones like a baseball bat would
>10/10 would recommend

Custom made Kyle Katarn Lightsaber Hilt
>it's a lightsaber hilt

Functional "Sting", idk what company
>found in KoA's preowned section
>light, sharp and balanced
>cuts almost as well as my long swords

DSA Sage (brown Glamdring)
>light and balanced with a proper distal taper
>have not been able to dull the edge after quite a bit of heavy abuse (have owned for 3 years now)
>my favorite out of my collection

Musashi Shinobi
>exceptionally cheap (cuts like shit, after redoing the edge it was markedly better
>inb4 ninjato weren't real, wanted one so I got one

Ronin Katana Model 9
>cuts like a dream, folded >9000 times
>comfortable grip
>"martial arts" tier quality, one step below true "battle ready"

Lords of Battle 18g Steel Heater Shield
>historically inaccurate but looks good on my mantle

what?

pour one out for show loras every single time

That with your post, you are pretending to be a clueless american who has no idea about history before their independence war.

>Reach and height dont decide anything in sword duels.

Class B fencer reporting in (Class A is olympic tier), height and reach absolutely make a difference between two otherwise evenly matched opponents.

did farmers not go to war in the 1700's? they saved that for WW1 i guess.

>LIGHTSABER IN THE MIDDLE

GET THAT BULLSHIT ASS TOY THE FUCK OUT OF THE PICTURE DUMBASS!

DONT SULLY REAL WEAPONS WITH SOME BULLSHIT LASER SWORD YOU HOMO

Oberyn stabs a man in the hand because of his employer in his first appearance.

>implying it wasn't Star Wars that got me into swordsmanship in the first place
It deserves a spot there, deal with it.

Attached: Ed boy.gif (500x377, 498K)

stfu sperg

and the inverse is criminally overused. Meanwhile in reality...

>I'm a budget collector
Same here. Pretty nice though, I have heard many horrible things about deepeeka so I didn't expect them to have a decent sword

>I have heard many horrible things about deepeeka so I didn't expect them to have a decent sword
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of that sword. Especially when my other Deepeeka, on the left in pic related, is such a piece of shit. Overall I'd recommend avoiding Deepeeka, as a whole they are far worse than Cold Steel. The one on the left is their Molay Longsword, thing is heavy, imbalanced and the blade isn't squared with the hilt. Sticks out at around a 10-15° angle from the cross guard.

>that shit was hilarious
that shit was great especially when he single handedly beat the shit out of every captain
> bleach is seriously the shittiest "famous" shonen in history.
also true, filler was terrible and it went to shit

forgot the pic.

Attached: 1489449376861.jpg (2048x2048, 473K)

>far worse than Cold Steel.
I own a cold steel and while it's sturdy and woth okay sharpness (for an out of the box sword) the handling is terrible. My hanwei sword has the opposite problem. Good handling (for the price) but dull as a butter knife until I sharpened it myself. The sword in the middle is also heavy as sin and more like a big bar. But in terms of durability it's okay for a cheap sword and it even has a peened pommel. Here's my pic btw Along with some bayonets I own

Archibald wasn’t English, he was Scottish just raised in England iirc

I agree with you about CS. They're handling is garbage but my god are they nearly indestructible. The black gripped sword and dagger next to the kirpan in are Cold Steels. Their swords I'd generally steer people away from but I am very happy with their daggers and knives.

>reveals his true power
>becomes a flesh mall

I was considering getting their hand and a half sword a while back but I saw a video on youtube were some guy talked about his sword breaking during cutting practice so I never dared to try one out myself. I must confess their demo videos got me hooked. I have heard their machetes are pretty damn good too

This character made me think I was gay as a kid

Gropey?

Attached: 1553961201681.jpg (320x240, 54K)

>He could have just smacked the boys rapier aside and beat his face to mush with his basket hilt.
no he couldn't have, rapiers are fucking deadly in unarmed combat. if anything Roth was playing the game, toying with him and going for cuts instead of just killing him.

>his sword breaking during cutting practice
Never heard of a CS sword actually breaking before. Pretty disconcerting to say the least. But yeah, I wouldn't buy any sword model that has broken during basic cutting tests. I almost got their Hand and a Half sword too but settled on the Italian long sword + dagger instead.

Darth Gaydar from Star Wars.
He turns into an armored robo-Samurai when he reveals his true powers but is otherwise a cuck.

Must have been badly heat treated or something because otherwise I have only heard good things about the durability of their swords, and I have never had any reason to complain about my CS saber, aside from the obvious fact that it's way too heavy.

Super durable but poorly balanced, you feel like you're holding a farming implement or other tool rather than an actual weapon

Wouldn't want to carry one into battle to say the least, but tb h I'd rather pick a spear than a balanced sword anyway

Ah, good ol' 1796 light cavalry saber.

Doppio

Attached: doppio.png (734x982, 1.36M)

>Super durable but poorly balanced
That's why I stick with their knives and machetes. Don't think CS will ever figure out how to make a proper sword. Although I have been eyeballing their Grosse Messer for a while now.

Regenyei armory made a good messer but I don't know if it's in producton anymore.

Looks like they still showcase them on their website but I'm not seeing a "buy" button or anything.

nvm, figured it out. You gotta email them for prices and shipping info.

>spotted the faggot who does foil & epee

Move along son...the MEN are talking...

Attached: 04FENCING3-articleLarge.jpg (600x376, 31K)

unironically this
>foil & epeefags calling themselves swordsmen

Attached: Liquor Surge.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

Why do you fucking do this? What is the point?
At least with MMA and shooting with guns you have practical skills that translate to modern day combat.
Studying 'The Sword' makes you a neckbeard.

Newsflash faggot. I fight and shoot too.

Attached: 1489509444558.png (1040x1051, 2.11M)

Were we supposed to think this movie had a happy ending? Rob Roy's hubris fucked up everything and his village was worse off in the end.