ITT: Underrated/Unknown Kinos That You Could Argue Are in the Top Ten of All Time

Fire up those underrated and unknown kinos, lads.

For me, it's Lonesome Dove. I will never understand why it's not talked about, and I don't even like Westerns.

Attached: Lonesome Dove.jpg (630x630, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yaRae8UNj7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This picture is pretty underrated, it also has a very interesting history behind it

Attached: mando.jpg (298x298, 48K)

>I will never understand why it's not talked about

Maybe because it was made when TV hadn't still exploded as a creative force
I haven't watched, but the book was awesome

I came to this thread to ask if the book was worth reading, since I own it.

80's had some great miniseries.

Attached: shogun.jpg (720x436, 67K)

imho yes

it's not only an adventure book, it goes deep about human nature, life decisions, friendship, etc

main characters are badass, it had me crying in the end

OP here. Never read the book, but you guys MUST watch the film.

youtube.com/watch?v=yaRae8UNj7s

Not only for the poke but because the ending with Tommy Lee Jones crying will make you feel feels beyond your wildest imagination.

Attached: POKE.jpg (474x266, 13K)

Hello there, I've never seen the film but Lonesome Dove is one of the greatest literature pieces I've ever laid my hands on. Dialogues and characters are so well written, one of the best books imo

All these lads that haven't seen Lonesome Dove but have the book.

I'm telling you, you guys must watch the film. It's packed with great actors, even Chris Cooper. The ending and Tommy Lee Jones' end actions, dedication, and crying will make you cry a gallon of water like a total faggot. It's easily the most tear-jerking ending of any film I've seen.

Attached: TLJ.jpg (640x360, 27K)

Attached: tumblr_ohlti7xFqq1ungjszo2_400.jpg (400x565, 77K)

Have seen Lonesome Dove, OP. One of the best films of all time. Totally agree, in fact I almost forgot all about it. Time to re-watch. Yup, its ending was a massive cryfest.

>best movie john huston ever made
>best movie albert finney ever starred in
>best movie about alcoholism that could've only been made by a life long alcoholic
>never gets brought up here or anywhere else

Attached: 51B3MRconkL.jpg (338x500, 43K)

Vanilla Sky, anyone?

Also, The Thing and Eyes Wide Shut

i agree

watched 10 minutes of the movie and closed it, was kinda boring desu
lazy writing to convey tom cruise as some giga chad

Agreed, and he was made out to be a gigaChad, the thing is, what happens to him and the twists throughout the movie after he gets damaged are top kino.

Vanilla Sky was kino. Give it a re-watch but watch more than the first ten minutes. It's a trippy movie.

Vanilla Sky is a remake of Open Your Eyes. Open Your Eyes is a much better film.

I must watch this now.

Not top ten of all time, but top of the Halloween franchise. Not even kidding, this was the scariest.

Attached: H6.jpg (656x353, 52K)

kung fu hustle

lmao

Attached: king.jpg (505x750, 152K)

I was completely shocked by how good the producer's cut of this is, it nails the Halloween Night atmosphere better than any other film in the series and the editing and directing are a very well done homage to Carpenter's style. I also loved Paul Rudd as a weirdo adult Tommy and the main girl was a top qt. Only real complaint is that the story is silly, but that's acceptable for a slasher.

Based Walkin

Yes, it was very underrated. Add to that, Myers' mask is the best ever, also. And the Hospital setting was top kino.