About to watch Boorman's Excalibur. What am I in for?

About to watch Boorman's Excalibur. What am I in for?

Attached: 0_kXdv9SWRQaev1ic0.0[1].jpg (1200x800, 135K)

page 10

Alot of people just screaming for 2 and a half hours

The only good film adaptation of Arthurian legend, and one of the best sword and sorcery films ever made

Attached: ws0r06spic711[1].jpg (680x318, 18K)

This. Enjoy.

>trying to talk about anything but GoT on a sunday
You better have cunny, feet or a real dedicated bunch of bumpers to keep your thread alive.

A good god damned time. Enjoy the best adaptation of Excalibur to ever come out of Hollywood.

Attached: amY3W79_700b.jpg (700x325, 55K)

Unmatched kino in the category of unintentional comedy. The movie takes itself so incredibly seriously yet it's the most hilarious shit ever. I was laughing my ass off the whole time.

Like you’re looking into the heart of the ancient British Isles. It’s magical, adult, unafraid - everything most films today will never be.

terrible audio design

You’re a soulless post modern boar, that’s why.

What, you don't like how every time somebody hits somebody in armor you get a loud DING sound?

maybe your threads are just shit

Attached: 1530650201069.jpg (2000x1500, 393K)

I think it had more to do with how there's literally a scene where one of the knights fucks Arthur's wife in FULL ARMOR without taking any of it off.
And like a hundred equally retarded scenes like that. I was howling with laughter and the fact that the movie thought it was serious made it just funnier.

great soundtrack too

That's Arthur father making Arthur, retard.

pure unadulterated kino

>holy shit is that Liam Neeson / Patrick Stewart / Gabriel Byrne

yes they are

>About to watch Boorman's Excalibur. What am I in for?

Death, dismemberment, boobies, and the best merlin evarrr!!

Missing the point my good friend.

AAAAH so shiny

kino

artistically it's unrivaled in terms of setting/costumes/soundtracks, the actors ham it up in a fun way and the plot is Arthurian legend so expect the good shit. it's classic for a reason

it looks great though

Attached: MV5BMmI1MjljNTctNjczMC00NDlmLTk4Y2MtMjk5ZjU5ZGRiNzk5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_[1].jpg (1280x720, 244K)

Everything being super shiny is one of the best ideas in the movie. Makes it look "fantastic" but costs nothing.

Actual good Fantasy, unlike those overrated LOTR flicks by late millenials here with nostalgia goggles.

why does it have so much soul? is it the composition?

what's funny about that?
i think you're just afraid to take anything seriously. You're spoiled by Marvel stuff.

no, you are.
plausibility's got nothing to do with what you watched.

the perfect storm of film and theater

Attached: MV5BMWRmNjc1MjktMGY3NC00M2U3LTgxYjctOTlmOGJhODczOGRmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3MDk3MzQ@._V1_[1].jpg (1280x720, 235K)

it's old and undersold and so it's free from controversy.

wrong
the only two things that keep threads alive are fighting and memes
neither of those are tied to quality

It's the best movie showing this Arthur bullshit and how britbongs are all about incest

Also look out for a young Liam neeson and gabriel Byrne

The acting is very bad over all
And the guy who plays Arthur is a total fag

>reading Le Morte d'Arthur
>literally just endless violence and adultery
Kino

I liked how gay ArthurxLancelot was

>what's funny about having sex with 70 pounds of clanging metal plates on

Truly a mystery.

Attached: Excalibur-8-1024x577[1].jpg (1024x577, 100K)

I've heard of this film, its been on my list for a long time.

women AND zoomers cant comprehend this kino

Fantasy kino. Just a pity Boorman never got to make LotR instead of Hackson.

This movie is the way LOTR, Hobbit and GoT should have been done. They are all kiddie garbage compared to Excalibur.

9/10 would be 10/10 if not for the dubbing

helen mirren looking wild

baby mordred is charley boorman

Attached: Long-way-up-charley-boorman-ewan-mcgregor-3.jpg (1024x683, 104K)

post yfw wagner kicks in at the end

Attached: 1394896168473.gif (416x405, 3M)

goat scene is when they discuss what's the most important quality of a knight.

>out of Hollywood.
>british film

Attached: 1530901305734.jpg (532x400, 170K)

and his sister is ygred who gets fucked by uther
director literally filmed his own daughter's sex scene

I really suggest everyone on Yea Forums, if you really can't be assed to read the ole Morte D'Arthur (you should if you are a man though), to seek out and read 'The Saga of the Mantle' The version I have is translated from French to Norwegian for some 12th century Norse king nameed Hrothgar Hrothgarson or something like that. Anyway it's about roasties being btfo and humiliated in the best way possible. An elf woman crafts a mantle that reveals when a woman has been unfaithful to her man when she wears it, and will show how exactly on her body she took the dick, so, if it was vaginal the mantle will shorten and not reach down to her crotch. Quite a few of the maidens at Camelot did anal which surprised me and a few more got fucked one leg up. Anyway every single female at Camelot was unfaithful except one girl, and they all get pushed into a circle and humiliated by their angry cucked men, and it goes into detail how shamed and upset the girls are, eh it was pretty hot and sexy for a medieval story would really recommend it if you can find it.

Attached: 1525694268395.jpg (334x506, 42K)

kek

It tries to tell the story in a very Medieval way. (I think it was supposed to be LOTR at first, but was made into the story of King Arthur instead.) Reactionary types really overrate it for this reason, same reason they do Tolkien. It's a solid film even if feels a bit clunky at times, and it's definitely a film that was made because Boorman wanted to make it, and not just to make money, which is quite rare. My favorite scene is when Arthur is attacking a castle and O Fortuna starts playing.

I would argue that the Morded part is the worst of the movie.

Attached: waiting for Bannerlord.webm (800x450, 1.9M)

Attached: 1522013872194.gif (500x368, 2.98M)

the final battle and final confrontation between arthur and mordred is fucking kino though

true fantasy kino as ever there was in those days

Attached: 1439244780531.jpg (2760x2717, 798K)

What does having sex in full plate armor feel like?

Attached: images(13).jpg (171x294, 5K)

80% weird fishbowl aesthetics anglo genetics mess.

20% timeless kino.

Attached: 1465762563041.webm (800x450, 832K)

>Mordred doesn't just let go of the spear
>Percival literally just stands still the whole time

t. never been in a theater

NO ONE SHALL WIELD EXCALIBUR BUT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
its fantastic screaming though

>one of the knights fucks Arthur's wife in FULL ARMOR without taking any of it off
spending 5 minutes taking off the armor would've killed the mood bruv