There was a lot of talk about Leningrad. Sergio had a lot of things in his mind, but almost nothing in writing...

>There was a lot of talk about Leningrad. Sergio had a lot of things in his mind, but almost nothing in writing, but he would describe what would have been the opening scene.
It showed a theater where an orchestra was rehearsing. The rehearsal finishes and a man puts his instrument back in its case.
He leaves the theater, the camera backtracking in front of him, that's important.
He starts walking in the street and you can see a devastated city, buildings gutted by bombs etc.
A tram passes by and the man catches it. He sees the ruins from the tram which is now moving.
All this without a single cut: how Sergio intended to do this, I really don't know.
The tram arrives at the end station, the man leaves and walks 100 meters to a small house; he enters and there is a woman.
While they embrace, the camera turns and you see a window, then a river and across the river 1.500 german panzers in position.
I said: "Sergio, you wouldn't be able to frame 1.500 panzers not even if they were small cardboard models! On screen you could probably frame 150!" But he envisioned 1.500!"
Discuss.
(for the oblivious,900 days at Leningrad was a movie Leone was planning to make before he died)

Attached: A-463625-1244533528.jpeg.jpg (300x270, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

americansuburbx.com/2012/12/interview-interview-with-sergio-leone-1987.html
medium.com/insurge-intelligence/exclusive-documents-expose-direct-us-military-intelligence-influence-on-1-800-movies-and-tv-shows-36433107c307
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Would have been so kino. Why did he have to die so soon?

It's interesting that his films seemed to be set chronologically in history (Old West, Mexican Revolution, Great Depression, World War 2 if he had ended up finishing 900 Days at Leningrad). Would have been interesting to see where he went after that considering that he was only 60 when he died.

Bump

Never noticed that,that is interesting. He even did films set in the ancient times before the old west.

Somehow I don't doubt he would pull it off

>It's a warcrime to prevent your enemies from supplying their armies
What did they mean by this?

Attached: Siege_of_Leningrad_January_1943.jpg (2421x1591, 1.04M)

Imagine if he was still alive today. Teaming up with James Cameron.

>comparing James Cameron to Sergio Leone
That's just taking the meme too far.

>implying a Cameron script directed by Leone wouldn't be the most kino film ever

Couldnt they kill one of those jewish directors instead of fucking leone?We got cheated out

They did kill Kubrick for his film after FMJ,EWS.And then cut out the more (((explicit parts))),that never got released.

source

Literally just copy and paste into Google search bar and found this
americansuburbx.com/2012/12/interview-interview-with-sergio-leone-1987.html

He had to die because the grandeur of his vision would have been impossible to enact, so better the gods take him from us and leave us with the possibility of what could have been rather than complete failure.

>rumoured to be the most expensive film of all time
Damn
>funded by Soviet Union
How?

>funded by Soviet Union
>How?
You're not familiar with a large part of cinema I assume

i hope one day, one of the god´s muses could bless a talented young man to become a man worthy of making masterpieces

Attached: muse.jpg (676x955, 96K)

>In 1969, during a business trip in the USA, Sergio Leone and screenwriter Luciano Vincenzoni received an invitation for an after dinner by an American writer friend of Vincenzoni at Sharon Tate's house (Roman Polański's wife at the time). Due to a second invitation to Vincenzoni from a producer to spend the weekend at his home, the director was left alone. The day after the evening, Vincenzoni learned from the television about the massacre that took place in the house of Sharon Tate in which they had all been murdered by the band of Charles Manson and thought that Leone had died along with the others. Only later did he learn that at the last minute Sergio had given up the invitation because, not speaking English well, he had not gone to the party. [15]

If Sergio Leone could speak English we would've missed the greatest movie in history

it´s not really difficult as long as you don´t portrayed them in a bad light, i think they weren´t as tight compared to the US Military and Department of Defense

>later did he learn that at the last minute Sergio had given up the invitation because, not speaking English well, he had not gone to the party.

nice, social anxiety saved his life

But Duck You Sucker was explicitly anti-soviet revolution and Leone expressed his disappointment with communism. I thought he would have been blacklisted.

i repeat, they weren´t too controlling of the production, "just don´t do anything sketchy and you´re all right", that was the soviet way with dealing with hollywood productions, i think waterloo had soviet extras iirc

the Military Industrail Complex in another hand.........

medium.com/insurge-intelligence/exclusive-documents-expose-direct-us-military-intelligence-influence-on-1-800-movies-and-tv-shows-36433107c307