Find a flaw

Find a flaw

Attached: u_10170218.jpg (1000x887, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Celeron-J3355-vs-AMD-Athlon-200GE/m247225vsm592714
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Expensive

Isn't it only $200?

Tremendous device. All my kino I’m one place. Remote ran tv out of the box. A+

It's black and blacks the color of niggers and Obama so gonna be a hard pass from me

Been tempted to get the 4K one. All my digital copies are on iTunes and I use apple msuic. Does HomePod work with it?

Attached: sat.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Why do I need it? I have a Netflix button on my remote control.

>streaming
>paying $100 or more for a device you can't even drag and drop files too
>have to use apple shovelware to play anything over a network

Attached: 1555260891831.png (287x425, 124K)

No mute button. No on/off button (must navigate menu for this)

*blocks your path*

Attached: maxresdefault-3.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

based

>anime

oof

cringe

Sorry let me include a children's cartoon so you can enjoy the post.
>anime

oof

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

>apple

Touchpad is pure garbage for navigating menus. I want buttons!

Yeah, but it's a little finicky cause it's in beta right now, but after it's connected, it sounds pretty good especially if you have two.

Hold down the TV Button and it will ask if you want to go to Sleep Mode, and this will turn off connected devices too if you have the setting on.

> It's a little box of garbage.

Attached: steve-jobs-fassbender.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg (653x396, 23K)

This and plex are much better.

Attached: synology_ds218_diskstation_2_bay_nas_1506612047000_1364349.jpg (500x500, 38K)

What does it do that a smart tv can't?

Can you put Kodi on it? And then put Elementum on it?

It has an apple logo and takes up an hdmi port

Most Synology NAS' have extremely underpowered and outdated processors - you won't be streaming 4k or even 1080p to multiple devices anytime soon. They're just underpowered for transcoding.

Built a small mediaserver for the same price plus Plex/Emby and ubuntu and you'll get better performance for the same cost.

Probably. I actually use an HTPC at my TV. The synology is just network storage and RSS torrent downloader.

Fucking based

Yo OP is finna get dabbed on

Tell us specs and teach me how to build one faggot

not sell your data to ad companies

>Specs
For the mediaserver or the nas?

In any case, pic related is a nice simple pc. Add some ram and it shouldn't cost more than ~318.

You can get a Synology DS218+ for 318, the same price.

But instead of an Athlon 200ge processor in the self built pc, you get an Intel celeron J3355. Remember, streaming ability is based mostly on processor (and network speed), since the processor does the transcoding.

And, well, just compare those 2 processors:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Celeron-J3355-vs-AMD-Athlon-200GE/m247225vsm592714

As you can see, for the same price, the self built pc completely blows the NAS out of the water when it comes to performance. And if you really love Synology, you can still put their OS on your pc for free.

>teach me how to build one faggot
Just look it up online, there are plenty of guides and videos to explain it. Check /g/ aswel, there's a pc building general there. Also, if you're not looking to built a gaming pc, the lack of a GPU makes building it much easier.

Attached: simplepc.png (1282x399, 48K)

You can't plug a flash drive into it to play anything.

The fact that it somehow has fewer worthwhile applications than the previous generation of apple TV is impressive

Part of the point was to build a tiny little machine. Having a mid size tower defeats half the purpose.

At the very least it should be a mini-itx build.

Fair enough. But it doesn't really matter, with an athlon 200ge and atleast 4gb of ram, you'll get much better performance than any Synology nas, at the same price.

There are so many things wrong here. First of all you are missing RAM. Secondly you have a 550 watt power supply. A prebuilt NAS probably draws a tenth the power. Also your case is 5 times the size.

It is definitely possible to build a tiny comparable machine to a premade NAS with better specs, but this is not it.

>bring home girl to netflix and chill
>she see you have over a hundred dollars to waste on a netflix box
>her pussy explodes

I LOVE APPLE

Infuse on AppleTV does the decoding. All you need is any network share, so NAS CPU is irrelevant.

PLEX master race.

ignore my shit taste

Attached: Capture.jpg (2272x1228, 318K)

Why not just hook up a laptop to your TV

>Hold down the TV Button and it will ask if you want to go to Sleep Mode, and this will turn off connected devices too if you have the setting on
apple going full retard because muh aesthetic

>First of all you are missing RAM
Maybe read the text, einstein. Like I said, even with RAM, the price shouldn't be any higher than ~320

>Secondly you have a 550 watt power supply. A prebuilt NAS probably draws a tenth the power
Okay? Fair enough but the point was that you get much much better performance for the same price of the devices.

>Also your case is 5 times the size.
So? Just get a smaller case and motherboard, shouldn't change the price, really.

>build a tiny comparable machine to a premade NAS with better specs, but this is not it
I never said anything about it being tiny... And this pc sure as hell has better specs. Much better specs.

It combines all streaming services? Very cool

It just formats and displays your personal downloaded content. Which could potentially be anything.

No, it allows me to stream all my massive tv show / movie collection anywhere I want. I have 2 8TB HDDs that I have filled with 1080p+ movies, tv shows, etc. from almost 2 decades of collecting them.

Also have plenty of blu ray rips that I've made myself so I don't have to carry physical media when I travel.

I love it but it's taken a shit on my firestick and says there's not enough memory to stream no matter the quality.

I love it..just simple and works and all you need is storage

Plex is great, they improved it a lot, now you dont even need perfect syntax on your filenames and he still recognize almost everything.

Doesn’t work that well with Plex Direct Stream which you NEED for 4K content.

True, but when I first started using plex, my shows that were labelled "Show S0XEXY - Episode Title" wouldn't be recognized at all, so I had to go back through HUNDREDS of tv shows, and add another hyphen between the show title and season / episode number for everything to show up right.

At the same time though, the movies are recognized easily just by film (year).

The only downside to plex is that I had to completely reformat all my folders too, all my tv shows are in a few different folders, while all my movies are in about 3 folders, rather than having them sorted by category as I had before I started using plex.

>Apple
Lol nope. I'll stick to my Firetv thank you very much.

protip
go find WDTVHubGen program..this shit saved me..it'll properly name your files, add covers and all that

pleb

Attached: 47249593-8AEB-423B-88A0-B37F7091D7D3.png (2000x2000, 3.64M)

Apple is based

based on what? garbage?

come at me

Attached: vlc-for-android.png (648x377, 26K)

>WDTVHubGen
Kek

My TV can already do all this naitively.
Also I have htpc connected which is a billion x better anyway.
Apple are gimps.

>blocks your path

Attached: 2001377753.jpg (700x664, 64K)

>no lossless Dolby Atmos or DTS:X bitstreaming

I bought pic related because its supposed to be the fastest frontend for plex. Been okay so far if you don't mind google being up in your shit, seems like it might be good for emulators / games but I haven't really tried.

/homeserver/ on /g/ or jdm_wat on r*ddit. I'd go at least full tower so you can fill it with 8tb hd's. I kind of wish I had just done a full server rack and put it in the garage.

>Also I have htpc connected which is a billion x better anyway.
What OS? I tried this but having win10 in my living room was fucking cancer.

Attached: 61xuIt4Q9kL._SX425_.jpg (425x226, 9K)

It's Apple. So it's overpriced and you can't do anything with it.

By making high quality easy to use products

Based

Not listen to your conversations.

Or fix it.

I stupidly bought into Apple TV when it came out. I have a first gen Apple TV, low hours, that's sitting in it's box in the closet. It was eventually rooted, and I played around with it, but then realized that I don't watch enough TV to care.
I've read how people have installed linux on it, because it's a small computer with a physical HD, but I still don't care enough. Probably sell it to someone who cares too much about TV so they can fuck with it.
Apple TV, Firestick, Roku. Whatever. When they start putting stuff out that's worth spending money on to watch, maybe I'll care.

Apple is based on by making high quality easy to use products? Nice grammar.

Attached: 1556854155029.jpg (1000x897, 89K)

Has a microphone to spy on you.
Half and half design on the finish is weird in hands
Apple
What changes volume and what changes selection? One button? Nah.
Plex is better.

Couldn't you just put the movies into their own folder by category and browse by folder?

I set up categories by folders for different things like Animu, Cartoons, Brit Shows, etc.

>glorified Netflix browser
>only $200

Typing anything is gay because you have to scroll through the letters one by one

>anime

It's like you've never heard of metadata.

It's 2019, and you're sorting by filename.

It uses proprietary software

Do those things even do 24p? The early models didn't making them useless.

Sex should be made illegal, banned entirely. We need just for incels

Apple is releasing their tv app to other devices soon, makes this $200 box redundant.