Accept it, James’ reign is at an end

Attached: E0148D8C-9BF0-4D25-A60E-B459BCEF8E4B.jpg (640x743, 194K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/business/2019/05/03/why-avengers-endgame-will-never-really-be-bigger-than-avatar/?utm_term=.4622893954df
youtu.be/kxp1IBK1OPI
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=avatar.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

James who? Oh, that cuck who made Dances with Wolves but with cat people in space?

Time it took capeshit to beat Titanic:
22 years

Daily reminder that James will re-release Avatar and Titanic in Dolby vision to prep theaters for Avatar 2, and theyll each gross another $500 million. Meanwhile if Endgame re-released nobody's would give a fuck because the only thing special about it is there plot and once normalfags know what the plot is there's no reason to spend money to see it again. Why do you think spoilers are such a big fucking deal for this one specific movie?

I could see people caring about Titanic but not Avatar

no it was a soft reboot of ferngully

When Avatar was rereleased the first time it could only manage 33 million.

>tfw haven't contributed a dime towards any of those totals

feels good to be patrician

Both are Fox properties now owned by Disney, and Disney isn't currently responding to any requests for bookings/screenings for its properties.

Tough break, Abatap

What does it even matter? Disney will just benefit wil he makes Avatar 2-8 now that they own Fox anyway

Titanic was Paramount

spbp

That's a bit facetious. Titanic wasn't in cinemas for 5000 days straight. How long did it take if you only count the time it was actually on in cinemas?

Attached: IMG_2442.jpg (1280x720, 28K)

I remember Titanic being in theaters for fucking ever.

It's like a list of the worst movies ever made

Isn’t inflation bad for the economy?

Facts don’t matter. Only exaggerations matter.

when Avatar release in 2009, China had only 5k screens to play it
today there's 60k, or 1100% increase
Avatar 2 is also the most anticipated movie in China
also it's been 10 years and a bunch of people never had a chance to see it on the big screen
launch the Avatar 2 trailer and you can be sure a re-release would score a substantial amount
and Endgame is going to, at best, beat Avatar by a hair

titanic and avatar managed to do all that before social media got big
okay this really makes me think

Frankly, my user, nice trips.

Need a citation for that second claim

>after a century of comics consisting characters that were based on ancient deities from ancient stories that spanned over a millennia ago
>after generation after generation of vidya, retcon, fan service, and all other kinds of marketing
>after billions upon billions of dollars spent on over 22 movies over the past decade
>after all the effort humanity put in leading up to this finale
>imagine... just imagine... it doesn't do it
>just imagine, that standalone film FROM said decade ago that began that cinematic challenge remains at the top
>imagine it doesn't break that 3 billion and become the top grossed movie in human history
>imagine, after ALL that, it STILL doesn't come out on top
>just... imagine

Attached: 0B43DE7B-3F25-40FA-9FC0-5C064D95144D.jpg (358x318, 96K)

>what is inflation

you're gonna like the title of the article
washingtonpost.com/business/2019/05/03/why-avengers-endgame-will-never-really-be-bigger-than-avatar/?utm_term=.4622893954df

>1939
>$3,703,000,000
Clark Gable is still king

imagine if avatar is re-released in china as a double feature with avatar 2

Which unironically still has more artisitc merit than capeshit.

And yet Avatar still got BTFO by a film made before television was even a thing and some people were still using horse drawn wagons.

Attached: 1B62B708-0BEC-4A27-BFDD-04B21A6C3966.gif (220x143, 376K)

and here's the citation
>Back then, the country as a whole had just under 5,000 screens. Wanna guess how many it has now?
>No, it’s higher than that.
>Nope. Still higher.
>There are now as estimated 60,000 movie screens in China. (The U.S. has 41,000.)

reminder that "popular" means lowest common denominator.
unless you are an investor or producer of movies, no one gives a shit about box office numbers.

I thought it was a furry version of Pocahontas?

>artistic merit
Nobody cares.

Now take a guess about how many movie screens existed in 1939

Obviously. Fuck the fed.

don't forget that it also needed 22 movies buildup to do so

user, that is literallly only do to inflation and fyi that's a loss for everything else on this planet, not just avatar
you act like it's just those two in this case, which is autistic

Gone With the Wind had literally no competition and played for 10 years with multiple re-releases
it's not even a comparable record

It happened one night > Gone with the wind

And inflation.

Can't wait for a movie to dethrone Endgame.

both?
it's... just better :^)

They should do a huge rerelease of it just to make a few extra million dollars. I bet the chinks would love a good costume drama

see:

Yeah America had half the population and Hollywood wasn't selling it's shit flicks to China

youtu.be/kxp1IBK1OPI

Nowhere here - literally nowhere within the article - does it say that Avatar 2 is (and I'm quoting you directly here) "the most anticipated movie in China".

One can say that it's...
Inevitable

Attached: IMG_20190506_010416.jpg (3791x2345, 2.81M)

>ripping off a movie ripped 4-5 times already.
>atistic merit
Doubt

Why do people measure a movies success by how much it makes in a shorter time than an older movie? It makes no sense due to inflation
It should be how many tickets sold.
I mean in 20-30 years from now( if theaters still exist) and each ticket costs 25 bucks of course the new movies will reach 1 billion quicker

What's with the large empty spaces at the back?

Do they take into account inflation or no?

Adjusted gross is more fair than tickets sold, because if tickets are dirt cheap heaps of people will go to a movie multiple times. Adjusted gross shows how much money a movie made in our dollars, which matters because money is what box office is all about.
That's why GwtW and Avatar will be 1st and 2nd, not EG and Avatar.

The days are so much because Titanic made 1.8 billion in its original run. It was re released in 2012 in 3D when it made 2 billion

Yes I know that, learn to read.

marketing jews are trash and need an easy way to do their jobs, so they try to hide what should be easily attainable data

who was frank? why did he suddenly introduce a new character at the end?

Can't wait to see your backtracking when Endgame fails just like Infinity War.

>Gone With the Wind had literally no competition
Are you kidding or just retarded

Please respect the guy that made Terminator 2

reminder that theaters actually had other movies playing aside from avatar, unlike endgame

>Only one to win
Bet he browses Yea Forums

Attached: tv.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

I watched Long Shot on Saturday after I saw Endgame. Plenty of other movies were playing as well

Sounds like a big, fat cope.

A cute and funny fan perhaps

lmfao with that title
could anyone name a single character from titanic?

Avatar is getting released on Disney+ so never again in cinema, lmao

People are underestimating finals week in the USA. College kids make up a huge chunk of the audience for these movies, and all colleges that matter have finals this week. Next week, you'll have 15 million people from a core demographic with a ton of free time available.

Rose, Jack.

>not adjusted for inflation
fuck off kike

They never adjust for inflation. Nothing will ever top Gone with the Wind, baby.

those sound like beers and/or perfume

Nicola, Bart...

Why are you naming MGS2 characters?

Soon it will take 5 minutes. It's called inflation you dumb fuck.

>thinking inflation matters when consumer price sensitivity has kept movie ticket prices constant for years

If you're gonna start that argument we should just base the record of how many people went to actually see the movie(in which case Avatar would be in 15th place)

Yes.
The cinema is more expensive now.

haha dude i watch red letter media too :)

Don't forget this still crushes the competition in ticket sales bar none

end game literally made MORE MONEY in terms of dollars
inflation is just an economic term and irrelevant

I don’t think that’s how inflation works.

>less theaters
>less population
>no china showings
>no internet ads
>no television ads
>no minority ticket sales
>not a series of films building up to it
>chick flick
>3h 80m runtime
>80 years later
>still king
Fuck your blue cg furries and fuck your cosplaying manchild nerd bait

Attached: disdain for plebs.jpg (720x540, 64K)

That chick is ugly as fuck. Looks 50.

adjust for inflation or gtfo

>that pathetic cope

Seriously how old is that actress in that film? People hit the wall early if she's under 30.

Ah a fellow GWTWchad

Also this film has been re-released like 5-6 times. So not really that impressive.

>no wrinkles, lines, sagging
What about her makes her look 50?

Continue to cope, capelet

>3 hours 80 minutes

So why did it sell so much?

wow its almost like the earths population is rising as well as inflation

She's not dressed like a 21st century teenage streetwalker

cope

Mate, you are shilling for an 80 year old film that has been re-released numerous times. That's really sad lol. What a loser.

Looks like a grandma man, just her facial expression and structure. She looks middle aged as fuck.

Wouldnt # ticket sales be a better indicator and with inflation doesnt gone with the wind crush them

> LOOK MA! I'M RICH!

Attached: hyperinflation.jpg (350x415, 34K)

Retard.

Inflation means that dollars in 2019 are only worth approximately 60% of dollars in 1997.
Titanic made the equivalent of 3,5 billion dollars in today's money.

Capeshitters are insufferable.

Gone with the Wind
>202,286,100 tickets
>97,309,600 tickets

Gone with the wind was re-released 10 times are so over the entire span of it's existence. It's not really a factor, just like how avatar was re-released and endgame is about to beat it.

adjusted for inflation*

Except Avatar and Endgame
>have more advertising
>have more theaters
>have more population (130 million for GwtW compared to 1.6 BILLION for Avatar)

The best part about Titanic was the 2nd half. It had its own Thanos snap

not adjusted for inflation*

C O P E
O
P
E

Gone with the wind was literally the 40's end game. People couldn't buy the film 2-3 months after on VHS because it didn't exist yet. It's retarded to even compare it.

Lets keep end game in theatres and release it 10 times in 80 years and see how well it does against that film lol.

And all of the Cape shit movies to build it up. Now ask yourselves how many years of advertising took James Cameron to do the same with Avatar?

>130 million
vs
>1.6 billion
Keep coping, brainlet

>people defending capeshit unironically
>"MUH MONI"
god, I hate redditors

Attached: 1551081968226.png (1259x947, 2.89M)

Are you talking about population? Because population had increased exponentially and gone with the wind was still re-released. What's your point?

>sporadic limited showings for a movie from pre-ww2 definitely makes up for the 130 million vs 1.6 billion figure
The absolute seething cope

Gone with the Wind was never shown in China, which makes up 1.3 billion of the 1.6 billion figure.

You forgot that the film was re-released multiple times for over 5 decades. And the population had increased dramatically since then. You act like it made most of it's money it's first showing. '

lol

>OUR LORD CAMERON NEVER USES TIME AS A BUILD UP HAHAHA
>Terminator 3-6
>Avatar 2-4

Attached: 1506873902543.jpg (339x233, 11K)

And? There wasn't much films at all to compete with it. Completely different film culture especially for viewings.

See and cope harder lmfao

read

There were 365 new films in 1939.

But none with the cultural relevance as gone with the wind. Your point?

let's be unironic for a second
how would capeshit actually do without social media and modern marketing?

>DC fags and Cameronfags instantly jump ship to Gone with the Wind because they know they can't win against Based Marvel

the cope is real

Brie Larson face.

Thing is, ill rewatch memetar here and there, i dont see myself rewatching endgame at all

This lol.

>Avatar fags legitimately want people to believe that avatar has any rewatchability.

kek

How does that diminish the accomplishment at all?
It's still gonna beat it

Shouldn't we account for size of the population and inflation? How many chinamen were able to watch titanic when it came out? These metrics are basically useless over time.

Who cares LOL

My friends all graduated yesterday. I would imagine a massive influx of movie goers don't even have school to deal with.

Jim get off of Yea Forums and go back to deep sea diving.

Yes. They're quite well known in pop culture

And Cameron put Avatar in theaters for months even while theaters were losing money with inflated 3D bullshit, what’s your point?

Look at the mouse shrink back.

GwtW played on like 10 different occasions on a span of 50 years.

>The Wizard of Oz
>Stagecoach
>Ninotchka
>Of Mice and Men
>The Hound of the Baskervilles
>Son of Frankenstein
>Gulliver's Travels
>The Man in the Iron Mask
>Wuthering Heights
>The Hunchback of Notre Dame
>The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
>Buck Rogers
>Zorro
>The Three Musketeers

>Film historians often rate 1939 as "the greatest year in the history of Hollywood"

You fucking RETARD

All which made peanuts compared to Gone with the wind. Your point?

Also Gone with the wind again was re-released 10 times over an 80 year period.

I love you, let's remarry.

Avatar had a shit plot then? Sounds true.
That glorified tech demo would be NOTHING special nowadays, you turbo faggot furry.

>he falls back into his debunked rhetoric
ahaha

>debunked

Did gone with the wind significantly make more money than those films? Yes. Also those film historians were not talking about box office numbers, but as a generally amazing year for hollywood creatively.

Again what's your point again?

>my glorified tech demo will be successful now that it's 10 years obsolete
>Avatar is the film China looks forward to the most!!! Source: my anus

Really makes me think

Attached: file.png (558x463, 23K)

>inflation is just an economic term and irrelevant

This used to be worth one pound 100 years ago. Can you even buy a fucking Big Mac in the UK for a pound today? Jesus Christ you're dumb.

Attached: IMG_2583.jpg (2631x2091, 1.29M)

>Gone with the Wind is all about a woman being an uppity thot
>man sacrifices everything for her but she still can't let go of thotery ways
>he tells her to gtfo and breaks up with her
>she runs after him and confesses her love
>"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"
THOT PATROLLED AND WOMEN ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT BEST SELLING FILM FOR 80 YEARS

Gone with the Wind is the most redpilled movie ever filmed

Thank you reddit

>still coping like a madman
So completely, thoroughly and timelessly BTFO

Avatar stayed in theaters because it was making more money than the other movies, simple as that
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=avatar.htm
that's called legs, something capeshit will never achieve
Avengers always fizzle out after a few weeks, you can thank the increase of 1100% in screens since 2009 for Endgame to even come close

You haven't made a counterargument in like 5 posts. You keep saying words like debunked, rhetoric, etc. but I don't actually think that you have a counter argument for what I said. Which is kinda sad considering I was hoping to go for a bit longer. Guess that's what happens when you shill for a 80 year old movie that been released 10 times.

YIKES

GwtW is kino. It gets away with feminazis over muh stronk wymyn but is actually pretty redpilled. It's also a great fucking movie.
They don't make 'em like that anymore *sips monster*

>you keep saying words like debunked, rhetoric, etc.
Let's see
>search "debunked", 3 hits with 2 from your own posts
>search "rhetoric", 2 hits with 1 from your own post
Yes. I """"keep"""" saying those words. What a fucking moron you are! You can keep shitposting, but you've had nothing for about 10 posts now. ・B・T・F・O・

I already made my claims, you just can't seem to counter them at all. I do enjoy the deflection though.

I'll just keep pointing out your deflection until you make an argument, but I guess you don't have one.

kek

It's irrelevant because the value of money today. If anything they should put a * near it and explain why its there.

>straight up lies appearing again and again
You Disney cuck shills are way too obvious

Nah fuck that. T2 was a shitty action flick, the first Terminator was great though.

>even while theaters were losing money with inflated 3D bullshit
You are a complete retard.

Hyper-inflation is
A low level of inflation is good though because it means it's better to spend money on goods rather that hoard it all up in a safe or account where nothing happens to it, causing the economy to stagnate and not grow. Basically, a low level of inflation helps ensure that the economy will experience growth.

>muh muh inflation
Protip: the level of inflation in the US does not entirely account for the fact that it hit 2 billion in 11 days today compared to 50 days 10 years ago

I don't get why people get so angry about inflation, is it just 16 year olds that don't understand tickets are way more expensive now?

In Australia, they have literally doubled in 10 years, it use to be 10 bucks a ticket, now it's fucking 20

Nobody cares, and pointing to inflation is a loser's way of coping. Same way people defend old ball players by saying "t-the game is more passer-friendly now!"
Records and statistics are meant to be broken

Yeah, they're dumbasses who don't even remotely understand how currency works.

Field size. Deadball. Get fucked, zoomer.

I'm talking about a real sport, not soccer.

They are literally too dumb to understand what inflation is and they are so incredibly pathetic they think they are 'winning' because some movie they have nothing to do with is making money

I hate capeshit, but seeing you Cameron fags squirm is hilarious

>soccer
Dumbass.

friendly reminder to all the Yea Forums retards that Cameron is a hack and Avatar, like Titanic, Star Wars, and Aquaman, only made as much as it did because of its December release

Not even comparable, by 2050, the average blockbuster is likely going to break 2 billion due to tickets being 30-40 bucks each, inflation matters

Really we should be counting ticket sales

>year 3000
>AVATAR 3000 TOOK JUST 1 PERSON TO REACH 1 BILLION. IT TOOK AVENGERS ENDGAME 22 DAYS!!!!!
>year 4000
>AVENGERS PREGAME HIT 300 QUINTILLION DOLLARS BEFORE IT WAS ANNOUNCED SINCE ALL DISNEY EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE TICKETS

Titanic! That's my favorite movie. I wish Leo would draw me like one of his french girls.

Attached: c76.png (395x347, 102K)

Shills and fanboys don't know shit about economics and dime drawing. Profit and inflation matter in the real world, which is why you see them get defensive about it. And you'll never see a disney shill talk about profit.

based

>>year 3000

imagine the mutts

Why are movies judged on ticket pricing and not the number of tickets sold?

This. The population has fucking doubled since Titanic. I don't know why people insist on using it as a metric of quality.

Attached: 1534898945428.png (520x626, 22K)

shareholders just want to know the money, they don't care about tickets sold
But it's really stupid to argue about box office grosses without inflation, i mean return of the king made 1.2 billion in 2003 & it was considered groundbreaking, now mediocre popcorn flicks like Aquaman break 1.2 billion

Finals for me end next Friday. I still went to see it on like a Monday morning when I didn't have class, though.
t. College Kid

>3 hours 80 minutes

Attached: 1546409575429.gif (200x150, 1.95M)

Frank Lee was Robert E Lee’s cousin.

are you retarded?

>cuckmeron
Who cares? His last good movie was Abyss

Tickets cost much less in 1997. I bet those figures aren't adjusted for inflation.

>unironically defending avaturd
back to plebit

Well that settles it! Gonna go on the streets and give blowjobs to niggers now

Attached: 1556935370054.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Attached: 1549916582307.jpg (377x351, 24K)

It’s so sad that people are unironically happy that shitty movies get so much money.

Man you gotta put the Monster away and get your Werthers out for GwtW

Holy shit this is the most retarded thing I’ve ever heard.

Reminder Titanic didn't even make 2 billion not counting rerelease

>Basically, a low level of inflation helps ensure that the economy will experience growth.
The Jews got to you, mate. Use your brain outside of the Matrix for just one second. Do you really think people wouldn't increase their productivity, create value, and seek to improve their lives if there weren't inflation?

All inflation is is a way for Jews to skim money off the top for themselves without anyone noticing. But they actually got people not to just to ignore it but to defend it.

>steals a little bit from you and everyone you know every day
Why are you upset it's just a little bit, don't you know how economics works?