Collateral

What's the verdict?

Attached: 1557070815130.jpg (1024x768, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tTcrJdZgyUk
youtube.com/watch?v=ctuI3oqNVtg
youtube.com/watch?v=AGMwmY_RaRI
youtube.com/watch?v=ja1j7xWpB3w
youtube.com/watch?v=koUbFCETD7I
youtube.com/watch?v=zkXUWsR1EWk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Unadulterated K I N O

It's Kino

Cruise core kino

"Omg he's just like me!" kino or "that's a great film" kino?

excellent Mann kino

One of Mann's best work. And the greatest club scene of film history. Cruise's acting also peaked here.
youtu.be/tTcrJdZgyUk

second

great film kino

Fuck the digital haters, the movie's cinematography is extraordinary.

Attached: 1557071598490.jpg (1920x1080, 448K)

Digital looks like ass.

Ending ruins it.

Very good. Vincent fucks him over in the end when he decided to spare Max after he threw all his prep. Ending was well done.

great movie
disappointing ending

youtube.com/watch?v=ctuI3oqNVtg
do you think anyone realised he was dead?

It was fucking garbage.

YO HOMIE

Great movie, but the digital stuff looks like shit. Looks literally like someone with a camcorder filmed it.

Ruined by Jamie Foxx's presence. Turns it into a standard Evil White Man movie.

Mannkino

classic k i n o

Ending is not the problem, shit writing is. Fox destroys Cruise's suitcase, Cruise pins him down to the ground, and in the next scene they're in the car smiling and joking again (maybe it's editing fault, I don't know).

Awesome fuggin movie until the subway train.

>silver fox tom
>directed by michael mann

Ummm sweetie I think KINO

Fuck this scene is amazing. Love the build until the last minute or so when peak operator Tom explodes.

fucking kino song too
youtube.com/watch?v=AGMwmY_RaRI
i prefer the original to the korean version

Getting a bit off topic but I can't hear that song without thinking of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=ja1j7xWpB3w

The reload towards the end always tickles my operator bone

Attached: Tom Cruise Collateral club.webm (1280x536, 2.98M)

>Collateral
mediocre but kino thanks to Mr Cruise and Mr Foxx

Attached: Tom Cruise Collateral.webm (1280x539, 2.97M)

/thread

Operators watch the club scene during training as an example of flawless maneuvering in the field.

it would be better if tom won

Why does Yea Forums love Collateral but hate Miami Vice?

Yeah it's fucking great
Mann is a legit visionary

We love Miami Vice too

Not enough operating. The final shootout and the buildup to it are great, but there's not a lot of operating otherwise. The shootout was great, it looked very dynamic with a lot of long camera shots
youtube.com/watch?v=koUbFCETD7I
youtube.com/watch?v=zkXUWsR1EWk

I didn't.

Why?

>buttrock cover of In The Air Tonight
Ruined it for me.

Hey somebody saved my webm. That's cool

The characters lacked depth and development. The plot was ho hum. I felt no emotion towards whether they lived, died, or accomplished their goals. Whereas in heat and collateral I felt were gripping in terms of plot and characters as well as being engaging aesthetically and creating immersive atmosphere, vice was only good aesthetically.

Fair enough.

should I watch the theatrical or directors cut of miami vice?

The performances are great and Mann's experimentation with shooting digital is fantastic but it seems like that took precedent over the script. Some of the dialogue is hokey and some plot choices like Jada being the final target like a generic action movie are questionable and seem like a step back for Mann.

>Heat
>Manhunter
>Thief
>Collateral
>Miami Vice
>Blackhat
>Ali
>The Last of the Mohicans
>The Insider
>Public Enemies
>The Keep

It's better if you treat Max and Vincent's escape from the club as the end of the movie. Completely goes to shit from that point. Also skip Jada's cab ride in the beginning.

This. It's still Mann at the height of his powers as a director but the script is disappointingly hacky and formulaic, Max Learns A Lesson and Has An Arc, he Gets the Girl, etc.

both

>The Last of the Mohicans

Oh wow, Mann directed that.

>Look in the mirror. Paper towels, clean cab,limo company someday. How much you got saved? Someday? "Someday my dream will come"? One night you'll wake up, and you'll discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you. It never will. Suddenly you are old. Didn't happen. And it never will, because you were never gonna do it anyway. You'll push it into memory, then zone out in your Barcalounger, Don't you talk to me about murder. All it ever took was a down payment on a Lincoln Town Car. Or that girl. You can't even call that girl. What the fuck are you still doing
driving a cab?

Kino speech in a kino movie.

Attached: MV5BNTIzYjI1N2QtNzI0MC00ZjI2LTg0YTctMzU1YTFjNWFjOTRkL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDAxOTExNTM@._V1 (1280x536, 214K)

>Someday? "Someday my dream will come"? One night you'll wake up, and you'll discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you. It never will. Suddenly you are old. Didn't happen. And it never will, because you were never gonna do it anyway.

Attached: 1450462297254.png (360x408, 433K)

The dead cell phone was a bit much as well.
I have a fan theory: Cab driver fantasized the entire thing starting with meeting the lawyer. He was shown to lie to his mom regarding the limo business. Stuff like Cruise letting cabbie go into the club was a huge clue- plus the whole "oh whatever" after cabbie threw away Cruise's briefcase.

What if him crashing the cab was his suicide and the final bit is his dying hallucination? That would kinda justify the massive shift in tone from that point.

>fan theory
Why? There are director's commentaries on Blue-Ray. He explains everything.

This scene loses its impact when you notice how long the guy on the right tries to take out his gun.

It's called having an imagination, dickhead.

>yfw you hear "is that my briefcase?"

Attached: 1556626819877.jpg (986x520, 69K)

The verdict is in;
You can't bruise the Cruise

Worth noting that Mann didn't write Collateral which is rare for him