/lbg/

Letterboxd thread: post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched

QOTD: what Cannes 2019 films are you most looking forward to seeing?

Attached: 8628C2E5-ACA5-45B8-B0EA-D11C0DD78DAB.png (429x122, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/MeMeMeMeMe/
letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
youtube.com/watch?v=uKUChOwam_M
letterboxd.com/Coop_er/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/m_lar/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What Cannes 2019 films are you most looking forward to seeing?
A Hidden Life, The Lighthouse, Bacurau, Il Traditore, Dolor y Gloria, The Wild Goose Lake, Oh Mercy, Ang Hupa.

Attached: KCRY2QGFyffynE5.jpg (2048x1080, 379K)

letterboxd.com/MeMeMeMeMe/
I think there was a malick flick? Might b cool.

The /lbg/ is dead. Bury it.

Good list
Not so fussed about the Almodovar or Desplechin but the others are all my most anticipated. Think A hidden life is probably the only one I’ll try to see regardless of critical response to it.
Am definitely going to try to go the main Ang Hupa screening

we can rebuild

I like all of Almodovar films i have seen so far. Desplechin is hit and miss but this one sounds alright. A Hidden Life is my most anticipated film of the year. Ang Hupa is 4 hours and 30 minutes so that should be fun. I can't believe that Frémaux put Kechiche's four hour sequel in competition, especially when the first part wasn't that great.

letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
smoothhands here

Attached: file.png (754x515, 379K)

I haven’t seen loads of Almodovar. Newest one has good reviews and is semi-autobiographical so could do well with awards.
Kechiche seems an odd one considering the sexual abuse allegations and that the first film didn’t play at Cannes but it seems that the first film has a really solid reception in France, even if not rest of the world.
Haven’t actually seen any other Diaz films, seems this is a relatively short one for him, the timing works really well for me, it’s playing on the full day that I’m there but before my pass gets me access to the official selection.

smooth hands: hello

youtube.com/watch?v=uKUChOwam_M [Open]
What are some movies that celebrate autism WITHOUT prettifying it?

letterboxd.com/Coop_er/

Do not hate me that much please
Don't bury /lbg/, I had fun 2 years ago

Yes, lot of people are claiming that Almodovar is overdue for Palme d'Or. It will be interesting to see who wins. I hope Malick wins.
French critics liked Mektoub that's true. It's strange that Von Trier was out of competition yet Kechiche is in. Adele and Lea also have their new films in competition so that should be interesting.
His films are quite interesting, some of them are very good and some of them less so, but still interesting.

What was your favourite movie that you watched in 2019?

Ps the preview for your list the posters are overlapped so that the movie Glass is just called ‘Ass’. Pretty funny haha

>Tossing A Nigger In A Blanket
Kino.

>Spiderverse
>5 stars
Sorry what
Also what it's like living in Athens,I heard it's a shithole lately

letterboxd.com/machill54/

please follow me I need those damn followers!!!

Aquarius: good though could have benefitted from Udo Kier and sci fi elements
Flotten: well made doc but ultimately the actual event was really disappointing. very prescient in terms of the kind of thing that would be on TV now but instead of a big fiery mess everyone just seemed to get along and not have their lives changed in any meaningful way
Maniac: good, watched my insanely expensive 4k restoration blu
Mad max 3: 35mm print, nice seeing on the big screen, it’s understandable that this is the most maligned, lots of really stupid decisions made but actually a lot of really good stuff in it

Attached: EF7F3ED7-5914-4F27-A2D5-17812824F233.jpg (2435x1028, 531K)

>lately
it's always been shit and full of corruption and pagan apes

letterboxd.com/m_lar/
this guy is pretty good

I had too much fun watching it. Other than that, it may fall to a 4 sometime in the future

Athens is nice if you live in the northern suburbs. The western and the southern suburbs are total shitholes, though.

Want to watch spider verse it seems pretty cool

however it’s the kind of film I’ll say that about then literally never actually watch

bump

to everyone; What was the last film you watched and would you recommend it