Now that the "dust" has settled: which was the dullest franchise ?

Now that the "dust" has settled: which was the dullest franchise ?

Attached: IMG_2411.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Both were boring to me.

why is baldness so evil?

The marvel one. I enjoyed hairy porker for what it was

MCU

at least harry potter is only being made progressive in retcon retrospect

Deathly Hallows came out less than eight years ago. Shows you how quickly things changed.

MCU.

Atleast Harry Potter knew when to end. MCU keeps going for fucking forever. JUST STOP.

Attached: marvel universe.jpg (1175x679, 251K)

>

Why didn't the "wizards" just cast themselves out of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1516375163502.jpg (1300x2345, 964K)

>Atleast Harry Potter knew when to end
The series went to shit after the at the Goblet of Fire (complete disaster of a movie). And yet you're trying to say "it knew when to end"

Attached: 1535520113709.jpg (736x639, 38K)

the last 2 books are the best though

Iron Man and Winter Soldier are kino and the rest are shit
Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets are kidkino and Azkaban is kino, the rest are shit
Harry Potter has one up on MCU

Nah, the first one

one was made by a woman the other was made by jews, jews are worse, though

Winter Solider is "straight to DVD" action flick if it wasn't for Disney name

I love capeshit but the MCU was more mediocre by far. Harry Potter was cohesive in all aspects
>effects were great
>writing was great (dialogues especially)
>character building was nicely transfered from the books to the movies
>jokes were great and never reduced to shitty quips
>great soundtracks
Meanwhile, the MCU is full of bad quips, shitty effects, horrible action scenes, forgettable dialogues, okayish soundtracks and horrible character development (Thor, Hulk, Quill, and Spidey just to name a few). It's one thing being a comic fan who likes MCU movies despite their flaws but it's another thing being a literal drone who is blind to all the flaws in the franchise

>Atleast Harry Potter knew when to end.
I see you're not familiar with the Fantastic Beasts movie and that fanfic play approved by Rowling.

DC

MCU. Harry Potter movies were released with proper 1-2 years gap. MCU is literally spammed every few months.

Goblet of Fire was a great movie, are you retarded? The worst of the bunch was Half Blood Prince and only because they didn't have the fight in the castle at the end of the movie

To be fair, both Fantastic Beasts movies had more effort and love put into them than the entirety of Phase 2 and 3 of the MCU

>bald dude bad
>hairy dudes good
hollywood logic

This. The Marvel movies have become dull because of exactly that. They are churned out 3 times a year and all feel boring as fuck, at least the last ten movies or so. I can't believe that a studio can release 22 movies, yet only the first 5 feel truly unique in terms of world building, characters, and dialogues

The first harry potter is a classic and the second has a lot of the same charm. After that it just goes to complete and utter shit. Avengers saga was hit or miss but im inclined to give it the edge although it probably had like twice the movies to win me over with.

>why is baldness so evil?
testosterone BAD!

Attached: npc.png (180x219, 11K)

>disliking Azkaban
>disliking Order of the Phoenix
>disliking Deathly Hollows
Only on this board can you witness such utterly garbage-tier taste, I swear. This has become Disney central in the last few years, fuck me

trying to be edgy, ignored

coping baldcel

Why does the mcu have 0 memes despite being 20+ movies

Still shitty pasta.Posting it a lot doesn't make it good or memorable. It fails its main purpose.

Because it is a meme

The first fantastic beasts was beastkino tho

>cohesive in all aspects
>has kill you instantly spell that essentially becomes Harry potter guns

MCU because the Harry Potter books are great and anyone who doesn't agree is a brain damaged tranny.

What's your point? Do you even know what the word cohesive means, you dimwit?

harry potter franchise is based kino

This. The HP movies actually had competent people working on them, even on the worst ones. I love Phase 1 but the MCU is a goddamn joke that is targeted toward the most stupid audiences out there