So...can he beat s

So...can he beat s
Superman...?

Attached: 01-thor-ragnarok.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 105K)

no. in the comics thor got btfo by wonder woman, and she took his hammer. and superman can smoke wonder woman

Is there anyone from marvel that's on the OP level of Superman? Thanos?

only if he have Kryptonyte in hand.

marvel seems to respect the fact that superman is the iconic superhero. marvel does have super powered dudes like sentry or other cosmic level beings, but they would always find a way to make superman win, because hes superman. superman is what humans are supposed to aspire to be, and they keep that in mind thats why you cant just have people beating him willy nilly

I've never read comics, all my capeshit knowledge is from movies and the internet only, but I was always wondering, how the fuck is superman so OP and how does it make sense. Like, hes backstory is that hes just an alien from a planet where millions of people like him existed. Hes not special, it's not like he was the best of them, and yet hes on the power level of gods, no? Which means, that hes planet must've been the most powerful entity in the universe. They could've just enslaved the whole universe for them and dab on the gods and shit of DC, right?

Fuck no. But they’d be too bro to fight in any but the most fucked up circumstances.

I think i finally got fed up with capeshit.

Attached: image.jpg (807x659, 37K)

he literally just explained it to you retard

no, superman is only powerful on earth, because of our yellow sun. im mostly an xmen reader, but im 99% sure supermans home planets sun was red, and they were just normal human type people there, it was only when they go to earth their bodies absorb sunlight like they are batterys and they get strong

I understand that, hes a symbol for the readers, yadda yadda, but I mean how does he make sense in his own universe? If hes that powerful one, it feels like a whole fucking planet of his people would basically be God

I see. So hes not really "God level", hes just incredibly OP on earth, he still can get BTFO'd by cosmic level threats?

yeah there are still plenty of guys that can take him on, hes vulnerable to magic type shit too. his thing isnt super god powerful, its hes the ultimate human, like hes good/pure/nice etc, an example of what humanity should strive to be.

did you see that captain america movie where skinny, non powered cap jumped on the grenade to save his fellow soldiers in training? superman is like that, even if he didnt have powers he would do whatever he could to do, to do the right thing

yeah he could beat dc's current cavil superman. superman in the dc universe moved tectonic plates but thor took a neutron star to the back and the power stone to the face (which blows up planets when it touches their surface). in the comics? they'd prolly be about equal but in the fan voted comic superman won after a good fight and knocked thor out after stopping mjiolner

>hes vulnerable to magic type shit too.
So Thor can beat him? Or do his thunder/God powers not count as magic

Not just on Earth. Any solar system with a yellow sun. Superman's cells are like solar panels and absorb blue or yellow sunlight to give him super powers. Red stars dont power him and if he's not in yellow or blue sunlight for a while he gets weaker and weaker until he's normal human levels.

i dont think thats magic so much as just lightning attacks, i mean more like harry potter type magic spells

Dr Strange could btfo him for sure

In an old movie Superman travelled back in time by making Earth rotating in the opposite.

But can superman beat goku?

they would never fight, those two would be bff's forever

>no, superman is only powerful on earth, because of our yellow sun. im mostly an xmen reader, but im 99% sure supermans home planets sun was red, and they were just normal human type people there, it was only when they go to earth their bodies absorb sunlight like they are batterys and they get strong
Pretty sure Kryptonians were always superhuman at least, if not superhero level

Attached: latest-7.jpg (482x759, 128K)

is this some nu-52 bullshit?

In DC comics people from red star solar systems get powers in yellow sun light but they are completely normal otherwise.
If Superman was out of the sun for long enough or he was exposed to red sunlight he would lose his powers.

He already has, just like master chief shit on doomguy

But can all of them beat the Courier?

Attached: courier.jpg (1410x1200, 1.55M)

It differs from interpretation to interpretation, but Krypton had a fantastically harsh environment. Imagine if Mars had like several times Earth’s gravity and a very dim red giant for a star. Now imagine that Ancient Aliums feeded and seeded it (and many, many other planets)with life as an experiment á la the Engineers In Prometheus because they were trying to produce an ultimate bioweapon. And they got it. It was called Doomsday and it BTFO out of their entire civilization and several others before finally being stopped, and by the time that happened, no one knew where the fuck the walking extinction event even came from.

Now fast-forward millions of years, and you’ve got a humanoid species who defy the crushing gravity of their own planet by virtue of a sort of telekinetic field that’s tied to their nervous system and is just as responsible for their movement as their muscles and that it’s fueled by metabolizing stellar radiation.

Now fast forward millions more years and they’ve finally achieved technology capable of getting them out of their planet’s monster-deep gravity well, but that in achieving that level of scientific advancement that they’ve become sufficiently enlightened so as not to colonize worlds where intelligent life might arise, so they opt to abandon exploration and huddle back on their home planet in a combination of something like voluntary quarantine and external telepathic fuckery.

Now imagine thousands of years of cultural stagnation and decline before short-sightedness and “science” worship fucks them right in the ass.

that's true, reeve (and to be fair, a point i hadn't mentioned before which relates to cavil as well), they have such a speed advantaged against thor they'd prolly easily win as he couldn't touch them

Even the local wildlife can beat the Courier

Attached: you came to the wrong neighbourhood.jpg (480x360, 37K)

>jobbing to lizzards
Gitgud
Now, Cazzadors...THOSE are infinity gauntlet tier

Who made the Kryptonians/Doomsday?

Thornaint even the strongest Marvel hero, he probably would job to Cpt Marvel or Beta Ray Bill soon

An alien named Bertron created the most famous incarnation of Doomsday, but the name of the civilization that created the Kryptonians is lost.

They even foreshadowed Doomsday in MoS. Some of the Kryptonian text that flashes across the screen in Zod’s broadcast translates to “Beware Bertron’s folly.”

The absolute state of capeshitters

no because he is in a different universe, you stupid OP

?

Attached: 955201.jpg (600x921, 177K)

Sentry is pre-Crisis Superman level.

Read The Dark Knight III : Master Race.
>a miniaturized city from Krypton gets to its real size, of course they're a cult and go evil
>so an army of people as strong as Superman BTFO the DC heroes
>Batman has to give Supes a metal armor and have a kryptonite rain to beat them

So what happened?

they had a pizza party and went bowling on batman's dime.

>and they were just normal human type people there
They were naturally stronger and tougher than humans by a factor of something around x10, and have a different set of internal organs (though they are still compatible enough that they can breed with humans). They also have triple helix DNA.

But yes, their powers come from absorbing solar radiation and metabolising it. Red suns don't give them enough to generate superhuman abilities. Yellow sun is optimal, and the more they absorb, the stronger they get. A blue sun pre-crisis used to let them give their powers to others, post-crisis it just supercharges them to the point where they can't control their abilities.

Attached: b96d935442da818ead656af1b0d5d39c[1].jpg (400x583, 79K)

>Sentry is pre-Crisis Superman level.
Yeah, but isnt he literally retarded?

In the comics, it was Rao (the sun-god) who arranged things billions of years ago so that life would arise on Krypton, which was volcanically unstable. He did it on the advice of Despair, one of the Endless, who wanted to create the greatest monument to despair by allowing life to arise and then it all being wiped out in an instant. Except, Despair argued, for one survivor, who would live as the last of his race and know total despair at being alone in the universe.

As it turned out, this survivor was Superman, and he was pretty much the greatest symbol of hope ever born.

The universe has a sense of irony.

Man, people like to meme superman cos how much of a broken OP Gary Sue he is, but Batman is the most retarded OP shit in all of capeshit

Attached: c60ae85ac2f51ab1344ee10c1d0c5a6e.jpg (1058x1620, 317K)

Idk alot of their power levels seems to be elastic

Attached: despair and rao.jpg (1046x1610, 466K)

Depends on the versions. We can be talking Ultimate or Rune King Thor vs animated or Cosmic Armored Superman. Too many versions to consider.

Common/modern versions of each, it's tough. I think Thor is more easily able to hurt Superman due to his equipment and powers, but Superman is more versatile and definitely faster. Thor has been shown to hit or blast harder, Superman has been shown to move and think faster.

If you want MCU vs DCEU, then probably Superman. Thor is pretty powerful, depending on which version you use. Ragnorak Thor doesn't have many showings, but Stormbreaker Thor can tank a star's heat, and overpowered at least some of the Infinity Stones' power. But Superman tanked a nuke, while already weakened, overpowered Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Cyborg at the same time pretty easily, and supposedly moved tectonic plates.

What's the latest one with a LITTERAL plot armor/weapon. Dark Knight Metal or something. They literally discover a new element (nth metal or something), they put it on their armors and weapons to fuck the baddies at the end.
I watched a YouTube summary of that, and even then it seemed retarded as fuck.
I think that's the problem with inventing more and more powerful villains. The ways to beat them become more stupid than ever.

Nth metal isn't a new element, it's existed for ages in DC similar to how adamantium exists in Marvel. Thanagar uses nth metal, it's just rare as shit off that planet.

Lmao DC’s answer to all Omnipotent beings.

>let’s make a silver bullet for him

Attached: 1FF450E3-6A73-4020-97EB-9427F7EE6141.jpg (250x250, 7K)

>supes is the last survivor
>zod and supergirl exist
??

he suffers from agoraphobia, the fear that his own power can destroy the city/planet/etc, has (had?) a split personality called The Void that does bad shit for lulz (ie. Sentry stops a bank robbery, Void drowns a sack of orphans), and a whack of other shit you'd expect from a middle-aged alcoholic drug addict.

At the time it was published, it was intended that Superman was THE only survivor, and that was the directive DC editorial gave the writers, because they felt it made Superman less special.

Zod got excused by not being on the planet at all, but imprisoned in an alternate dimension decades prior to its destruction of which there was no escape and where time doesn't pass (functionally the same as being written out of canon, especially since he wasn't a "son of Krypton" as he'd been imprisoned for rebelling against it).

Supergirl was at the time canonically a matrix/alien thing, or an angel, or something to that effect, because it wasn't allowed for there to be any Kryptonians other than Superman or Zod. "Kara Zor-El of Krypton and Superman's cousin" didn't re-enter canon until something like 2008, while the Sandman comics were early to mid 90s.

Ergo, Superman was "last son of Krypton".

DBS Goku? No

>At the time it was published
Isnt removing one of your biggest characters main traits pretty fucking retarded? They should've kept him as the "really last son of Krypton" guy

If we go by the Marvel and DC collaboration, no. One of the points of it was to show the differences between publications and one of them is how the DC is full of meta humans and people with some kind of power (even taking in to consideration mutants and inhumans for Marvel), and how powerful DC characters are.

>how QuickSilver is among the fastest beings in Marvel but he is still outmatched by Superman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and everybody on speed
>how Thor and Hercules in the Marvel universe are some kind of very strong aliens while their DC counterparts are actual divine beings
>how there have being "super heroes" since the dawn of humanity in the DC universe and everybody is used to them
>in the DC universe everybody and their mom has powers, armies around the world try to find people with powers to use them, police too, there is a version of the Justice League in every continent and country, there are aliens everywhere, etc
>meanwhile in the Marvel universe everybody hates mutants, they hate super heroes for some fucking reason and what not
>DC having beings like Superman, Captain Marvel, Darkseid and the list could go on and on who could literally destroy the whole of Marvel if they wanted

Attached: 1439699421904.jpg (500x483, 101K)

This is actually shown in one of the Superman-Batman comics where they switch powers and Batman doesn't stay in the sun for a while and ends up being vulnerable to Catwoman's attacks.

Possibly. But enough writers were sneaking around editorial's mandate that it wasn't really enough of a mandate any more, so they finally just shrugged and did away with it, reasoning that the sales bump from Supergirl reappearing etc. would counterbalance it. Which it did.

and now that you've put it into words, some nu-comics amermutt is going to start a movement decrying superman as a symbol of the white patriarchy

>and how powerful DC characters are

I mean, you just have to look at the Justice League. There are seven core members usually. One of those core members wields the literal most powerful weapon in the universe. And that person is only mid-tier in the League. He's the gatekeeper for the supreme bullshit that is shit like a guy who mainlines the cosmic force of Goes Fast, not to mention actual gods.

Technically a Lantern of any kind should be stronger than a Kryptonian on yellow sun, but if you are talking about Hal he is just retarded. I think John and Guy could defeat Superman if they really tried, while Kyle became one of the strongest beings in the multiverse so he doesn't really count.

>inb4 but muh Hal greatest green lanter

Gladiator from the Shi'ar imperial guard.
Also Hyperion.

Kyle was drawing directly on the Source when he was Ion the first time, so more a cosmic entity than superhero, then later he had the Ion willpower entity.

Guy is interesting because he canonically has equal or greater willpower than Hal does. Hal only got the ring because he was right there when Abin Sur died, Guy was much further away.

Yes. Rune King Thor and Void Sentry.

No. Superman is much faster and stronger than Thor if we go by their movie feats. There's no way Thor would even hit him if Superman is fighting against him like he did against Steppenwolf in JL. Anyone who can keep up with Flash and make Wonder Woman look like a statue is out of Thor's league.

Attached: tenor.gif (480x270, 2.02M)

>Hal only got the ring because he was right there when Abin Sur died
in every version I've seen of this via movies, animated shows, newer versions of the comics (I haven't read the very first original comics) the ring seeks him out specifically or draws him to it, not simply seeking out "anyone" in close proximity.

>technically a Lantern of any kind should be stronger than a Kryptonian on yellow sun
Only someone who never read the comics would say that. Only top-tier lanterns can even hang with Kryptonians. The rest would get shredded.

>mfw Flash managed to travel to the Marvel universe by SPEED FORCE LOL and the first thing he encounters is a lynch mob trying to kill a mutant kid
>he doesn't understand why someone would try to kill a kid just because of powers or looks
>the mob looks at him and thinks he is also a mutant so they try to kill him too

Say what you want about DC or Marvel, but Marvel "citizens" are literally trash

Attached: 1466362135630.gif (293x344, 1.44M)

Everyone knows that.

That's Marvel's gimmick.

even in the animated movies most of the lanterns are filler who get annihilated by Sinestro via generic energy beams

>Only top-tier lanterns can even hang with Kryptonians

Broh, first of, Superman is not the only one and even among Kryptonians there are tier. Second, yes, a top tier lantern would be able to handle and even defeat one, that's what I'm saying, and I'm including all the corps.

I mean, sure, Superboy prime managed to slaughter many lanterns, but I don't think he is a prime example.

>superboy prime isn't a prime example
hey wait a second

A serious Superman would defeat any Lantern. Zod would beat most as well.

Thors hammer is magic and i'm sure hes got some magic shit going on, but the magic makes lightning type attacks which aren't magic in and of themselves.

Captain Marvel (read: Shazam)'s lightning kicked the holy shit out of Superman in KC. it stands to reason that Thor's lightning would do the same thing.

MY nigga Superman is worthier

Attached: 906724-supermanandthorbrawlin3.jpg (595x1104, 253K)

Captain Marvel obviously.

is this the strongest superhero to ever exist?

Attached: CASupes.png (787x1000, 1.23M)

>that spinal tap reference

Attached: 1482012946733.png (202x184, 13K)

what was the deal with that one, anyhow?
>exists outside of all realities
>instantaneously adapts to all opponents, is always stronger.
>physical embodiment of the concept of 'good always triumphs over evil'
right?

Guy has the same or more willpower than Hal. It was explained in his origin or whatever that Hal got it instead because Hal was closer. Guy's ring is also described as continually sparking and glowing just with the sheer strength of his will unless he actively tries to suppress it.

Nothing compared to demonbane

Zod facesmashes most of the Lanterns who went to try and arrest him in the latest comic. It took something like a dozen of them to just barely get him to the "sure, Lanterns, we can talk and I'll stop beating the fuck out of you" point.

basically, yeah
non meme answers please

It is a pan-dimensional form of Superman, as essentially the embodiment of an actual narrative. The story of Superman, the hero who always overcomes, etc., and when he becomes that version, he literally can reach out and be aware of the existence of the person reading the comic, beyond the proverbial fourth wall. So big and so vast that entire universes are smaller than its fingers.

So yes. It's also "strongest" simply by virtue of the fact that it's the story of Superman and as a symbol.

Silver Surfer, stronger versions of Thor, etc. Thanos is way beyond those, as much as Sentry, especially the latest version is beyond Thanos
BUT - if you take under consideration meta bullshit about Superman being a literal archetype of the final hero, than probably nah.

Attached: sentry new.jpg (602x601, 151K)

I’m pretty sure tanking a Star is better than a nuke

>Also Hyperion.
?

Attached: shrike.png (687x763, 1.36M)

>blocks your path

Attached: E6031ED2-2AA5-4540-8407-046CF4762473.jpg (600x605, 72K)

How the fuck does superman outrun the flash if he is pic related tier broken anyway...?

Attached: TnzPu7p.jpg (480x480, 58K)

Basically, it depends if Thor's power comes from true magic (if so, then he curbstomps supes) or tech masquerading as magic (if so, then not a chance).

Usually Flash has to get to those meme levels over time. When his story starts out his powers are wacked out and stupid
pic related is around the start of his latest series

Attached: 3277809-5098980347-25415.jpg (1248x1920, 342K)

Hyperion is Marvel universe's Superman, literally, their version of him. In the same way Nighthawk is their Batman and so on. So yes, he is as strong as Superman because he is supposed to be their Superman. He is usually used as a way of making fun of DC characters or as a way of showing the differences between the characters.

For example, Hyperion goes and defeats Dr Doom and frees the people of his country, but then the UN and USA government reinstates him as rulers because he has diplomatic immunity or some bullshit and the Avengers go after him because he violated international law and is basically evil because of that.

Attached: Hyperion_Vol_1_1_Textless.jpg (500x758, 124K)

Oh you're such a victim, faggot.

Well, he still is the last son though

Unless Kara decides to pull out her uterus and call it a penis

A magically created fireball is still a fireball. A spell to turn him into a frog would work though

No, MCU Thor can't beat Movie Superman.

Prolly me

Hyperion and Thor being pals was awesome

Comics are so retarded

*dabs on supes*

Attached: latest-10.jpg (1275x1650, 561K)

He didn't tank the star. He tanked about a minute of some of the star's heat.

Attached: me-that-gay-shit-18927318.png (500x522, 119K)

I thought this is Marvels batman

Attached: 314717._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x554, 53K)

Quicksilver going into dcverse gets access to the speedforce and iirc goes kind of manic with it

Moon Knight and Dare Devil are similar to Batman, Dare Devil being based on Batman and designed to be Marvel's competitor to Batman. When I said Hyperion and Nighthawk are Marvel's versions of Superman and Batman I meant it in a multiverse sense, as in, Hyperior is the version of Clark Kent of the Marvel reality and all that stuff.

Attached: static1.squarespace.com.jpg (1920x1080, 652K)

TOPKEK, how can DC ever recover

Hulk, Onslaught, Galactus, Franklin Richards, Nate Grey, Phoenix

Its alright, the Marvel's versions of DC characters are usually put together on a team called Squadron Supreme, aka the Justice League. The are basically all more powerful than the avengers are always pissed of at how the Avengers and others are always killing people, don't do anything to help mutants, allow evil and other stuff because they follow government and internal law, etc.

Of course, the Avengers usually end up winning by some retarded reason but whatever.

Attached: https:_www.discountmags.com_shopimages_products_normal_extra_squadron-supreme-magazine-cover-january (662x1018, 123K)

You're aware he literally dies when those beams hit him? Go read the fucking comic asshat.

>Go read the fucking comic asshat.

Attached: 1496614551642.jpg (1080x1080, 100K)

Flash is faster, Superman can keep up with him enough to be a threat. Both are way too fast for Thor. It's like this:
Flash > Superman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest of the League.

>implying

Attached: 998fd8d69f5bf4819339eacafe852d70.jpg (1024x787, 283K)

That's because they're a reflection of reality.

Go back to instagram.

Can this imaginary entity beat that other imaginary entity?

Attached: Vib-Ribbon.jpg (220x218, 12K)

whatcha gonna do if I dont, gayboy

Attached: 1452206755181.png (500x338, 44K)

superman can only be beat if someone has kryptonite

wrong

Tell your mom.

Woah...