On one hand...

On one hand, I'm glad the Zombie shit is over because it was always the weakest element of the show and everyone was here for the fun politics and King's court shenanigans.

On the other, doesn't this just make Cersei completely right all along? She had no reason to fear the White Walkers. She was completely right in holing herself and letting the North deal with that shit, she was completely right in ignoring the wall. I thought the characters that were stuck in their petty inner conflicts were supposed to be proven wrong. Huh. Also, what was the point of all the Bran build up? He barely did shit even to the end.

Attached: 1557009141084.jpg (540x308, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cGh3s0lPxCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kys cuck

>everyone was here for the fun politics and King's court shenanigans
Yeah, but D&D can't write that shit without GRRM.

Bran and Gendry and Rickon and Joffrey and Tommen and Jojen and Dickon and Lancel and Loras are so handsome.

Honestly, GRRM wouldn't have been able to write a proper conclusion to this series either. He's always adding more shit and conclusions are always the hardest part to get right once you have the start figured out. Tying loose ends nicely is very difficult.

But he'd certainly do better than these hacks.

>He's still watching Game of Thrones
I stopped watching on the fourth season. It had all the red flags by that point.

Yeah, they blew it

If they don't come up with good logical consequences for Cersei ignoring this problem forever, I'm gonna laugh hard

the final conflict in the books is going to be very different because the Night King literally doesn't exist and Cersei is effectively a different character.

GRRM's conclusion will probably more straightforward and elegant than D&D's based on the setup in ADWD/AFFC.

Attached: 56.jpg (132x143, 2K)

Honestly thought the season would become a cluster of every man for themselves. Lanisters vs white Walkers vs Starks vs Lannisters.

But it sorta unfolded like a game with different bosses. Which is a bit meh.

TV shows can't really do that because they can't just narrate complex events.

in the books GRRM can have a character find out about something happening somewhere else after the event, to summarize something complex. D&D understand the limits of TV and their normie audience's ability to remember who the fuck everyone is after a year, that's why they spent 2 episodes recapping everything.

Fuck normies

What could have she meant by this?

Yes, Cersei's army would also have been deleted by the zombies and Arya's ninja move would equally happen in the end.
So Cersei saved thousands of lives by not showing up. The characters broke the 4th wall and are evolving to take into account the shitty writers.
"I cannot send my army north due to D&D awful writing which will have them all killed only to have some magical brat delete the enemy regardless."

>On one hand, I'm glad the Zombie shit is over because it was always the weakest element of the show and everyone was here for the fun politics and King's court shenanigans.

stfu reddit-tier quasi-intellectual

>that's why they spent 2 episodes recapping everything.

theyve been racapping everything for 2 seasons now.

youtu.be/cGh3s0lPxCQ
could've been so easy

Attached: 1556697182892.webm (480x360, 2.87M)

literally danny devito

>On one hand, I'm glad the Zombie shit is over because it was always the weakest element of the show and everyone was here for the fun politics and King's court shenanigans.
This is what blows my mind.
Yeah, the scheming is the best part but this is a situation that forces divided forces to come together for a common cause. It doesn't mean they aren't still enemies or they can't still be scheming or plotting during the easy alliance or prep for the aftermath but it's a whole new situation that was just totally wasted because the writers are fucking hacks.
After season 4 this whole show has been an ode to wasted potential.

>the final conflict in the books is going to be very different because the Night King literally doesn't exist
Currently. For all we know he was planned but the books are just so far behind the series now because that fat fuck can't write anything.

I'm pretty sure even GRRM wanted to the Others were the more pressing issue than all the shit about who sits on the throne.

With the season limitations probably not, but honestly if the last two books were as long as let's say The Stand he could definitely tie everything together.

I think its actually the opposite. GRRM clearly enjoys world building. Working towards a conclusion means you need to stop adding in new shit and start working to hit all the right beats to get from point A to point B and the end of the story. He doesn't want to do that.

Yeah, treating them as separate boss fights is a mistake. You can deal with the scheming AND the white walkers if you're a good writer.

same