Which is a better show?

Attached: mosaicce486c350e43df7c68cf6931fe3c66daee814501.jpg (615x310, 62K)

the butt ugly martians

This, BUM was kino

Avatar has such shitty unimaginative design, blows my mind people accept it the way they do. Eva is next level shit

NGE anime was shit, but the manga was actually good.
Last Airbender show was good, the comic was shit.
But since this is Yea Forums I assume you are strictly talking about the shows, in which case:
Last Airbender > NGE

>NGE anime was shit, but the manga was actually good.

Truly a brainlet tier opinion.

The nge manga blows I don’t know what you’re smoking.

>t.br/a/inlet
Watch some real mecha, fag.

Attached: 1534511498803.jpg (475x438, 61K)

I have seen nearly all gundam and macross series and I still think nge is in it’s own league

gundam is platinum shit, only 08th MS team, wing, and war in the pocket are worth watching

This is some real shit taste right here. Anno is a hack that couldn't even be bothered to follow the superior script. The manga on the other hand actually tries to keep a consistent story without having to rely on some shitty Yea Forums tier "muh deep". Tell me your opinion on NGE again after you graduate middle school, kiddos.

You really keep solidifying the fact that you are a t/a/rd with reddit tier taste. What are you going to say next? That you think Code Geass is actually good? Do you also like TTGL?

itt: weebs
I like Eva, it is interesting, but it is not the second coming of animation jesus weebs claim it is.

>implying I've ever seen those
anime belongs in the trash, sperg more weeb

Attached: 1401391134047.gif (300x228, 2.47M)

based e;r told me avatar was the best and then still had time to dab on the jews

theyre not even similar

>hasn't seen the majority of mecha
>"hurr durr I know what is the best mecha!"
>gets told your wrong
>"WAA! YOU WEEB!"
Nice job.

Attached: 1344399604158.jpg (639x424, 22K)

>Animation, art and visual storytelling
NGE by a comfortable margin
>Music
I liked both would give NGE a slight edge
>World building
Avatar as NGE doesn't involve a expansive world for its story
>Story
Again NGE by a country mile. Avatar suffers from quite a bit filler. Though they aren't that bad and some of the fillers are even pretty good but the early episodes which are very obviously more oriented to a younger audience holds it back a lot.
>Characters and thematic depth.
NGE again. The only really interesting characters in the show are Iroh, Zuko, Azula and maybe katara. Aang is pretty bland.

Though it has some mature themes(Like Katara moving on instead of forgiving that raider) most of them are not explored in depth like eva does with loneliness, depression, escapism, etc...

They eat up everything the anime makers shit out.
I have never finished a single anime because they all feel retarded.
I've asked for good, mature animes lots of time here, and until now every recommendation feels like a prank.
Now, for the last time, im going to try Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
If this turns out to be another cringy manbaby shit, I will forever give up on anime and deem every anime watcher a brain damaged kid

Attached: 1556673758436.jpg (612x472, 60K)

>Anno is a hack that couldn't even be bothered to follow the superior script. The manga on the other hand actually tries to keep a consistent story without having to rely on some shitty Yea Forums tier "muh deep"

Ahh... You're one of those people who get their ass chapped when a show tries to have some depth and if that depth isn't spelled out for you.

You're also the type who probably whine about "plot holes" in movies.

Thanks, Doctor. Those digits cured my autism.

You will be very disappointed. It's pseudo-intellectual trash.

Nobody here is claiming it is the second coming of jesus. Half the thread is shitting on it. It's a flawed show but it is much better than Avatar at least.

>tries to have some depth
Not really. It's a monster-of-the-week-high-school-drama that got a flimsy arthouse-style ending, and then people tried to make sense of it and felt smart.

Attached: desu.jpg (800x559, 53K)

Neon Genesis. They're not even comparable.

>It's a monster-of-the-week-high-school-drama that got a flimsy arthouse-style ending, and then people tried to make sense of it and felt smart
I disagree user. It had plenty of depth and the ending(both of them) wouldn't have worked if the rest of the show hadn't built up the characters the way they did.

Most people have made sense of its primary themes.

Neither of those are particularly bad. Maybe if you re-watch them now they're mediocre, but when they were airing they were very enjoyable.

Which has better toys. Think about it

>It had plenty of depth
Are you talking about all the fake symbolism that Anno himself admitted was just to look cool? The only theme of NGE was about loneliness and that wasn't done all too well with the slice of life and comedy episodes. NGE is just some shitty Ultraman rip-off made by a cuck.

Attached: shinjicuck.webm (1080x810, 2.52M)

Almost all NGE discussions has these types of fags
>Those that hate NGE because of its obnoxious fandom and never have it a fair watch
>Manchildren who hate the show because Shinji isn't a Chad and is a whiny bitch.
>People who think the show isn't deep and people are looking too much into it. You see these types in discussion of any controversial arthouse flick as well.

Well to be fair the weeb fan base is autistic and obnoxious and can't take criticism of the show. They also seem to focus on and draw the wrong conclusions from all the symbolism (mostly christian) from the show.

But if you actually discuss it with other film buffs who aren't obnoxious fanboys you'll appreciate the show more and I've very good discussions regarding almost all of them outside less anime oriented forums. It's a very good show that lingers on with you if you can connect with the show.

i want to bang misato

>people who don't think generic tokushit is deep are dumb
Wow. Can you tell me how deep it is, big brain? Try to avoid parroting the youtubers who gave you this opinion.

>That file name
>Are you talking about all the fake symbolism that Anno himself admitted was just to look cool?

You're almost too predictable with your arguments mate.

>Try to avoid parroting the youtubers who gave you this opinion.
Lmao is this your backup to dismiss any analysis by saying you heard someone say it on YouTube?

IMO Sailor Moon is legitimately the single best anime, but you never see people recommending it because most people think of it as "that show for girls that aired along side DBZ" and so it never gets brought up by people who are desperate to show that anime is really mature and cultured.

Otherwise I agree with you that most anime almost always goes off the rails and isn't worth finishing.

Attached: ok_gif.gif (320x236, 1.01M)

Eva, of course

Attached: 76BEC1F4-F753-4633-A0CE-3088029B8038.gif (498x351, 568K)

>"joke file name means you have no argument!"
Nice job, retard. My problem isn't with Shinji's meekness. That's pretty normal for a 'real robot' protagonist. My problem is with Anno's shitty writing that gets praised as being some high level shit despite being average at best when compared to other mecha and toku.
Also the religious symbolism really is just for style. A lot of the other crazy shit was just references to movies and tokusatsu shows. The only "deep" thing about NGE is the psychological aspect of the show, though it isn't even above average in that aspect either.

Just watch Cowboy Bebop and call it a day. Anime, even at it's deepest and most profound, is still pretty basic by other medium's standards. I like Anime, because it usually is mindless entertainment and I like goofy shit like a lot of it. NGE is fine, but it's so contrived that even as somebody that loves character studies, I just found it to be a bit of a slog.

The animation of the show has anged terribly user. It's pretty hard to watch these days.

>Eva
average mecha with no plot
>Avatar
the best animated series ever created.

>Which is a better show?
I dunno

>The animation of the show

I never said anything about the animation, which was always spectacularly terrible and repetitive even in its time.

The direction and characterization though are top tier, there is really nothing in anime that bests it in those regards. I don't think there's another show with a larger number of great episodes.

Attached: SMS110.jpg (640x480, 34K)

>>"joke file name means you have no argument!"
Nice job, retard.

I guess you have trouble reading. If you did you would know I said some stuff after that. Particularly regarding this

>Also the religious symbolism really is just for style. A lot of the other crazy shit was just references to movies and tokusatsu shows.

Almost everybody who watches this show knows what Anno(ad Thirumalai) said about the symbolism you retard. Your bringing up shit that morons used to throw in discussions during early days as if it's something new.

Notice how nobody was talking about the symbolism until you preemptively brought it up as an argument? That why I called you predictable and referenced this comment. which literally says why it's misguided obsessing over the symbolism.

Avatar by far although I loved NGE too.

>>"joke file name means you have no argument!"
>Nice job, retard.

I guess you have trouble reading. If you did you would know I said some stuff after that. Particularly regarding this

>Also the religious symbolism really is just for style. A lot of the other crazy shit was just references to movies and tokusatsu shows.

Almost everybody who watches this show knows what Anno(and Tsurumaki) said about the symbolism you retard. You're bringing up shit that morons used to throw in discussions during early days as if it's something new.

Notice how nobody was talking about the symbolism until you preemptively brought it up as an argument? That why I called you predictable and referenced this comment. which literally says why it's misguided obsessing over the symbolis

Sailor Moon's garbage

sure if you have a sub 80 iq

Attached: 1339647153334.gif (320x240, 460K)

eva if you're an incel

>I guess you have trouble reading. If you did you would know I said some stuff after that. Particularly regarding this
It's funny how you say this when YOU were the one not reading MY posts. I read your post and it was just a shitty strawman. Then you looked at the first line of my post and immediately replied without reading. Learn to be a little self aware, brainlet. The symbolism point is something that is usually (notice how I said usually as to avoid strawmaning like a brainlet) used by Evafags to say that the show is deep. So it is important to first get the whole symbolism meme out of the way first when talking about Eva.
Now I'm not going to type out something I already said to you so just finish reading this post and my last one before responding to this one.

Meant to reply to also I guess to the clone post you made

>It's funny how you say this when YOU were the one not reading MY posts. I read your post and it was just a shitty strawman. Then you looked at the first line of my post and immediately replied without reading. Learn to be a little self aware, brainlet

It's hilarious hearing about strawmann and self awareness from you when the very first thing you did is bring up a strawmann for you to beat. Talk about complete lack of self-awareness.

>The symbolism point is something that is usually (notice how I said usually as to avoid strawmaning like a brainlet)

Notice how didn't do that in your original post and just assumed I was talking about symbolism. Nice backpedaling you moronic retard.

NGE is way better. Probably the best mecha(would this even be considered mecha since they're organic) show I've watched.

Doesn't mean Avatar was bad though. The animation wasn't up to par and it had a capeshit tier ending(though executed much better than any capeshit).

Is korra any good?

how the fuck can you compare them lmao???????
eva is shit regardless

Notice how in my original post I asked if that was what you were referring to. I then dismantled that point with the well known fact that it is just for style in case it was your actual point. I think we have a misunderstanding here based on your poor reading comprehension and inability to see other perspectives.

DBZ is the only anime that matters

Should I watch eva

if you're in high school yes

Should I watch 30 days of sodom

yes but only if you are a big brained nibba

Girls Und Panzer
It’s a mature speculative anime that closely examines friendship, family, morality, and the cleavage of anime schoolgirls. Also for some reason they fight each other with tanks.

Blue gender is the best anime show i have ever watched. Its like ALIENS but with giant bugs. Combine ALIENS and starship troopers and you have bkue gender.

It's a polarizing show, either you love it or you hate it.
The characterization and psychological themes are the most important aspect. Just don't be one of those waifufag retards.

No. Watch some better mecha instead. If you don't have a problem with older anime then I suggest the original Mobile Suit Gundam. It has some good character depth, but it has many problems. The sequel show, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, is pretty good and is better than NGE. Or you can watch some of the toku shows NGE was based on like Ultraman.

Ah good I am both of these things.

>Notice how in my original post I asked if that was what you were referring to.

Notice how you asked that question and "dismantled" it in the same fucking comment before I answered. I can read very well dipshit that's why I can differentiate between a genuine question and a tard who who's parroting tired arguments preemptively as a "gotcha".

>watching eva for the mecha

>Original MSG
Meh
>Zeta Gunam
Pretty good but not great
>Ultraman
Cringe.

>Pretty good but not great
It was okay user. Too repetitive and too much filler. The main character and char carry the show. Saved by a great finale.

they're both kinda average

none of those are better than eva

Man I tried re-watching the original gundam because I loved it as a kid but it's borderline unwatchable.

Weird how the parrot is calling people parrots.
>"caw caw, eva good eva good!"
>"eva is average at best"
>"caw caw, parrot! parrot!"

Evangelion is just pretentious garbage that's convoluted for no other reason than to look "intellectual".
Avatar was at least entertaining.

Absolutely SEETHING lmao and judging from your recommendations in this thread, I can see where your buttburt comes from.

Watch the movie trilogy retelling. It has better animation and pacing.

I didn't like Korra imo. It has a lot more "ideas" than the original Avatar but it's so goddamn rushed that it becomes frustrating to watch.

Though this is coming from someone who thought while TLA was good but not one of the best shows ever unlike a lot of people.

As for this thread, I would out NGE above TLA for the visuals alone.

They come from better mecha series. Maybe you should take a little visit to /m/ sometime to see people who actually know about the genre. Eva is really just average. It does nothing original and I don't see why my saying this makes you sperg out so much. I even said that it at least does okay as a psychological show, but aside from that all it has going for it is good animation and direction. Why don't you get over baby's first mecha already?

read the manga uncultured swine

I know Blue Gender. It's a God damn strange series.
(Also I felt fucking terrible for poor old Ted.)

Wow dude you're so mature and smart and better than others

What you meant to say was Legend of the Galactic Heroes, right?

How much of a retard to you have to be to honestly think the manga is better or that I havn't read it. I wouldn't deny for a minute that the manga has a bunch of shit that would have improved the anime were it put in, but you have to be joking if you think the manga's writing and flat as a board characters compare, or that it's paneling comes close to the anime's direction. It doens't even have 'less filler' proportionally, there's just less interesting stuff happening, period, and tons of major, reoccurring characters in the anime are just one offs that just exist to be in their chapter in the manga.

I completely disagree, in my opinion Sailor Moon anime is like Dragon Ball Z: manga is the only true way to experience it but for some reason people watched the shitty fucking adaptation and now have shit taste.

#
I've actually watched all the recommendations you've mentioned and I watched them well before Eva. MSG(along with Zeta and double zeta) is one of the first anime I have watched and haveimmense respect for the series. I just don't get the antagonistic attitude some gundam fans have towards Eva.

>watched the shitty fucking adaptation and now have shit taste

The Sailor Moon manga proper basically only exists because the dudes at Toei wanted to make a magical girl sentai anime and decided take advantage of the Sailor V property after its anime deal got vetoed.

Virtually all the characterization is the anime's doing, period; the manga only has a handful of major plot points it handles better and even then it's shit writing makes them less interesting than they would have been were they well executed. The musicals mostly do everything the manga does anyway, but better and more in line with the style of the anime, but they're underrated as fuck because almost nobody outside of Japan bothers with them.

Attached: NephxNaru.jpg (480x360, 16K)

I only have a problem with people saying eva is "muh deep masterpiece". It's good. Just not great. Really average when compared to other mech. I get real annoyed whenever I hear normalfags praise eva then shit on every other mech. Just think about it from that perspective. An entire genre beimg shit on by a bunch of people who like one of the most average shows in the genre. Really gets you pissed after a while.
Like I said, it's nothing too deep and is a simple psychological show with a shit rushed ending. I prefer the manga because it is more coherent with the transition to the ending unlike the anime which had two endings, the rushed one and the movie one.

Is that what you say to yourself in the mirror at home after a girl never calls back when you give her your number

Next your gonna say that the bastardised western anime release > jap version

Meant for Can you stop double posting? It keeps deleting the first reply you make which is ones I've been replying to.

Yeah problem with my connectivity here.

Top 3 Anime:

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. FLCL season 1
3. Serial Lain Experiemnts

>I didn't like Korra imo

We'll all get our own thing out of it, I guess. Myself I didn't expect to like it anything like so much as I did.

>I'm a redditor!
Okay, user. No one really asked you to out yourself like that though.

do you love Lain user?

Attached: lain is confused.gif (1008x720, 754K)

grr where's the redditor just let me at 'em

Attached: israellycoolsaddeststarwarsfan.jpg (222x345, 56K)

Attached: 1510021931242.png (640x420, 286K)

>liking manga ending at all
yikes!

Nice dubs. Similar thing with the Evangelion manga IMO.

Of course the author has a bit more time and room to flesh out the characters more. That sometimes is a double edged sword because it almost seems fan fiction-esque,(shinji showing some more spine, Rei showing more emotion). The series running out of budget made Anno a bit more creative with the ending I guess.

I said the transtion between the main story to the ending. The movie just kinda skips ahead a little while the manga actually shows how everything gets to the ending.

Avatar 100%. NGE is the most pretentious show I’ve ever seen. It tries to act so smart it only comes off as even more retarded. Fags only pretend to enjoy and understand it cause they think it makes them look smart

Avatar is capeshit tier user don't delude yourself. Take any good mech show and they'll have better emotional depth than Avatar.

Why the fuck do people call the series "EVA"? Makes no fucking sense.

>one of the lead girls is a "feisty" tsundere
That alone has kept me from watching this show despite it being recommended alot
I have watched some "shonenshit" reccomendations from Yea Forums in my attempts to try and get into the medium(yuyu hakasho, rice-a-roni kenshin,hunter x hunter, and that new my hero show) and the samurai one was the only one I can say I liked all the way through, the hunter one was alright at some points but towards the bug war stuff I just fully didnt like, and I liked the hero one the least but still watched all 3 current seasons of it, the main 4 protags are all unspectacular and the one named bakugo is the one I hated seeing the most but it seems like he's popular to people on social media and I don't know why
I'm seeing the same archetype characters one too many times and not in the a character may fit the mold but has their own radiance and personality, it's like action per action 1 to 1 fucking tropes
I'll give it a shot but I'm kinda leaning towards just looking up a list of all time greatest anime films instead and attempt to further my knowledge about it that way some of these fucking shows have 100 plus episodes and I'm not feeling like doing these sort of time sinks

the manga only finished like fucking yesterday. it a decade

who would ever be talking about that? I smell zoomer on you

>Neon Genesis Evangelion

Attached: 1494491181798.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

NGE is just style with no substance, so Avatar

Avatar knows exactly what it is and doesn’t pretend to be smarter than it is

>Never pretends to be smarter than it is.

Why do I always hear this line when discussing any controversial film or tv series?

it's a soiboi's way to say he was too stupid to understand the film or tv series

Why are you watching shonenshit? and Asuka isn't your typical romcom Tsundere, they give her enough reasons.

If you want to get into anime watch the big name directors first like Miyazaki, Takahata, Kon, Otomo, mamaoru oshii, Yuasa, etc...

Even if you don't like the story you'll be amazed by their technical mastery.

NGE is an anime original. For all intents and purposes, it is what all the derivatives look towards. The manga came later

>it's too deep for you

Attached: yeah ok.gif (350x335, 3M)

this
I enjoyed both, and they both had kino moments but one was clearly better than the other.

prove him wrong then, pseuds love to jerk themselves off for liking NGE because it's "deep"

If you like Eva you're literally an incel

What are some other soi criticisms?(you'll hear them in any discussions involving directors like Aronofsky, Snyder, Malick, Refn, etc...).

>Pretentious
>Style over substance
>You're reading too much into it
>Not as smart as the director thinks it is

Fact: if you like anime but don't like Eva, you're posturing faggot. Everyone has seen Eva, yes. It's very entry-level. And yes, there is pointless symbolism in it. But that doesn't mean it's bad. I've seen over 1000 anime, and I wouldn't think of Eva if you asked me to list my favorites, but it's still good.

Avatar I haven't seen but it's probably shit. America should stick to the animation they're good at, like Family Guy, Rick & Morty and Despicable Me.

>I haven't seen but it's probably shit
it's one of the few good animated shows to come out of the west. It's aimed at a younger audience and doesn't deal with as many
mature themes but it's much better than Eva overall.

shit taste detected

Really it's not hard to chose between the two, every patricians know Rei is best girl.

Attached: art_trade___shortstack_d_asuka_by_seatbelt_da_dcnarva-fullview.jpg (1024x1024, 104K)

Those are redpiled criticisms, only soibois like things just because they are flashy

A thousand times this, the manga is literally nothing but Sadamoto's fanfiction

Eva is for pseudo-intellectual teenagers who epitomise dunning-kruger, and think using classical music makes something deep

I've watched avatar and it immediately loses points for mediocre animation and its designs while good aren't as impressive.

The direction is just nowhere near the same quality. There will always be disagreements on the depth of evangelion as this thread shows but the technical qualities are almost always agreed to be top tier.

>watches Serial Lain Experiemnts
>doesn't even know Texhnolyze
In all seriousness, yeah they are good, but can you make a top 3 movie list? I can't because there are just too many movies that are good and too different to even compare.
Obviously there may not be as many for anime, but still a lot. Depends on if you coun't anime movies with.

>The only "deep" thing about NGE is the psychological aspect of the show
This is what made the show unique. Along with the relationship dynamics within the group, this is what made it interesting and not just your average monster of the week show. Most would ignore the psychological side all together. Others would give you the driving motivation and that's it. Still others would give you subtle clues and leave it up to the audience. Eva is like watching the characters go to therapy sessions without them actually doing so. Over the course of the show, they spell out nearly everything about Shinji's pschological condition, and quite a bit about the others as well. Personally, I prefer the more subtle approach because it leaves more room for discussion, but I can't deny Eva did something different in that sense. I don't really get all the people who says it's a deconstruction or heavily symbolic or whatever. That sounds much more like Utena than Eva

It's visual medium and so directions and visual storytelling are always the most important criteria.

Attached: 2019-05-05 13_30_52-Window.png (602x316, 86K)

>Still plebeaians not aware of the gnosticism inside Eva.

Attached: 1548098478498.png (1026x770, 1.56M)

I liked this take on the show

>Lots of people have tried to pick it apart to varying degrees of success, with the rest just dismissing it as "pretentious" trite. Among the accepted analyses, the most prominent ones are that of it being a sort of deconstruction of the Mecha genre of anime with most attention falling on the character archetype tropes and how they would have actually worked out in the real world, or that of it being a cautionary tale aimed at "otaku" (generally meaning people obsessed with the anime or manga culture) that brings to light the fragility of their unrealistic expectations from life and disproportionate effort they put into it (in short, a coming-of-age tale told from the point of view of the main character with whom you were supposed to relate to).

>But what I feel is that people fail to take into account the often neglected message of the work. One that speaks of love, how it almost always results in suffering, and how it is still worth your life for the moments you are in love. It strives to establish again and again that misery is what awaits ones who let down their walls, but in the end, it states, and goes to show through the brutally anti-fantastic cast it brings together, that it is the only respite that us lost souls can have.

>Shinji remembers at the last moment that though he could keep running away forever, and though he is not to blame for it, he could never live with himself burdened by the guilt he would shoulder. It is not his courage that allows him to give everyone a second chance, merely reason. Still, he realizes he has much to learn and he is no hero, as the first thing he does after he sees Asuka on the shore by his side is lose himself in rage and frustration. When a miraculous act of acceptance comes forth from her, he pulls himself together, not without regrets for the way he acted. But he decides not to give up on the world, even if it is one that hates him.

Idk, I kinda liked the hot summer atmosphere of NGE.

Attached: 1554813530889.png (713x611, 26K)

how old this slut is supposed to be? With those anime titties I would say she's 16 at least.

14-15
but Rei and her looks 18, that's why this is considered less pedo.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-02-14-15h26m41s567.png (960x720, 883K)

I would fuck the redhead.

Attached: ee4b576eafd831404db2a9f3809f1785--lord-of-the-rings-fellowship-of-the-ring.jpg (236x291, 14K)

They can enhance a good story but they cannot be used as a substitute. Michael bay's transformers is a prime example

Skip most of Season 2 until they actually get to the Wan episode. Each season has a consequence that affects the rest of the series. For example, one of Season 1's consequences is that essentially the Avatar version of UN is disbanded and for the rest of the series everyone expects Korra to manage each international crisis that pops up, even though she's just in her twenties and the world they're dealing with is a bit more complicated than the simple master the elements and stop the Fire Nation plot of the original show. I will say this, Season 2 is the lowpoint of the show, but Season 3 is probably the best thing out of the entirety of Avatar.

Michael bays transformers do not have good visual storytelling user.

Among modern directors try guys like Fincher, Aronofsky, Malick, Wright, Refn or even Snyder(I am mentioning some of the more popular ones here). Many of their films are often dismissed as style over substance.

The fact bay is the one who comes to your mind when talking about good direction and visual storytelling says a lot.

>not wanting the cute with her blue bobcut

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-03-29-23h01m09s007.png (960x720, 815K)

>left revolutionized a whole genre
>right is a collection of battle shounen tropes and ideas that have been done to death in anime and manga
gee i wonder

Adding to this, if you want an alternate example where style elevates the movie see Mad Max fury road and Into the spider verse.

While both don't have incredibly complex story or depth(Into the spider verse is down right cliched) the unique way in which they're executed visually makes them pretty great.

How did you stumble upon MSG when you were a kid? I didn't watch it till I was like 13 or 14
>borderline unwatchable
How so? I showed it to my most normalfag friend my freshman year of college and we were able to get through like 20 episodes over the course of a few days.

This kid hasn't read the Manga and is lying.

The blue one looks like she has some issues.

Attached: blue_hair.jpg (269x188, 7K)

>How did you stumble upon MSG when you were a kid? I didn't watch it till I was like 13 or 14

I lived in a 3rd world country user. We had re-runs of old shows in a channel that's dedicated for anime. MSG, Zeta Gundam, Double Zeta, Ranma 1/2, Kenshin, etc...

>How so? I showed it to my most normalfag friend my freshman year of college and we were able to get through like 20 episodes over the course of a few days.

Mostly the animation and pacing desu.

that or he thinks the anime was based on the manga, which would mean he would only have to have read the manga, which finished far after the anime, relatively recently

>be 18 year old brainlet
>think all anime is based on manga
>hear about evangelion
>read the manga, believing it will be the superior version
>only later watch the anime
This is probably how it went

Otherwise it's very bizarre to specify "NGE anime" and then say
>But since this is Yea Forums I assume you are strictly talking about the shows
because it doesn't matter where you are, you should always assume it's the anime they're talking about because that's what NGE is, everything else is secondary.

Samurai Jack

This

Attached: 879789.jpg (1440x1080, 353K)

Style over substance desu.

I used transformers as I wanted to make the prime pun. Optimus prime, prime example. Do you understand now that I have spelt it out for you?

Fury road is good because it is a simple story told in a great way, the visuals enhance this. I've not seen spiderverse because it looked like a bland story that valued flashy visuals over good storytelling.

Good story telling with bad visuals is better than bad story telling with good visuals

>I get real annoyed whenever I hear normalfags praise eva then shit on every other mech.
This will probably never change. I don't know what it is about putting robots in a show makes people think that's all the show is about, and that each mecha show that they do happen to like is somehow the exception. However, I think you aren't giving Eva enough credit. It is pretty average for much of the first half of the show, I'll grant you that, but the second half takes the groundwork they built in the firat half and uses it to do something genuinely something unique in exploring the character's pychological states. Personally, I prefer Zeta and CCA as it is more subtle in that regard, and you can try and wonder what makes certain characters tick forever. The plot there is clear, but the characters are ooen to discussion. Eva instead makes the characters painfully clear, but left the plot open to discussion.
>the anime which had two endings, the rushed one and the movie one.
So just like Ideon, then?

Thats called good filmaking

>animation they're good at, like Family Guy, Rick & Morty and Despicable Me.
So just dumb comedy shit

>Rei and her looks 18
They don't

>>the anime which had two endings, the rushed one and the movie one.
>So just like Ideon, then?

As someone who hasn't watched evangelion, should I skip the last two episodes and watch end of evangelion?

Which ones has that fight with the angry redhead?(her reactions were kino)

Yeah, to be fair they have more of a 21-23 look

Why do zoomers like Avatar so much? Is it really a good show, or is it a meme?

Best animated series of the 21st century

Samurai Jack is better even if you're talking purely about western animated series.

Rick and Morty is better.

The one without progressive retcons.

Attached: 1537878382907.jpg (2100x1600, 1.04M)

Holy fucking cringe.

Yes, I can clearly see how that should be EVA and not NGE.

>eva thread
>nerds bitching about how its not that deep
>nerds bitching about how it is that deep
Typical. Also, why the fuck is OP comparing apples to oranges?

One more reason SJ is better
Genndy is still based

Attached: 1492338470495.jpg (1920x6680, 619K)

It's cinema user. If people can compare Kubrick and Spielberg why not Eva and Avatar?

Venture Bros rubs that into the dirt

Watch both of them. The TV ending has its own merits that make it worthwhile. I'm tempted to say End of Eva is its own thing, but you wouldn't have a clue what's happening w/o having seen the series.

I'd argue you wouldn't have a clue what's going on even after watching it.

If it makes any difference, which ending should I watch first? Or does that not matter.

You'd have a much better chance than going in blind imo. At the very least you're familiar with the characters, NERV and SEELE

Rurouni Kenshin is also heads and shoulders above Avatar, and can be more easily compared

It's animation has aged terribly and so do the constant dialogue during fight scenes.

Trust and betrayal is peak of RK and I don't know if it can be compared as it's just a two prayer OVA.

EoE is considered a different approach to the same state of event in the last two episodes. So it's up to you whether you want to see it.

Yeah, probably

If you're watching the tv show already, just watch the tv ending first. It's just two more episodes. Idk how it would be like to watch up to episode 24, stop to watch the movie and then waych the final two episodes. Besides the movie was made after the show already ended, particularly as a response to fans who wanted to see the ending outside of Shinji's head, so you may as well watch the TV ending then the movie

That's true but I'm focusing more on story and characters