Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with...

>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?

What's his fucking problem?

Attached: 1524350769150.jpg (620x413, 44K)

kys millennial
LOTR sucks

what color were aragorns sharts? did he ever drink a bunch and shit out some clumpy sharts? This is why Martin is superior to Tolkien.

Attached: 1504463580377.jpg (600x354, 34K)

the irony of this comment makes this fpbp

Attached: images.jpg (270x187, 4K)

This thread has made better discussions than every single capeshit thread.

He ain't wrong

Tolkien failed to describe dysentery in significant detail, much to the detriment of his world building.

Fuck orcs

I know right lmao

Id say got isnt realistic as it could have been, were are the chapter long details of your average soldier raping a village

Guess Lotr works more like "and everyone lived happily ever after" at its core, dipped in a epic universe with mega battles and chosen heroes. Its not that bad but I agree with GRRM to an extent

There's a chapter about the mountain and his men raping a peasant girl

This guy looks like one of the old neckbeards that would always be hanging around the door to the adult section of a video store.

This man is fucked up in the head. It's one thing to write a gritty story with realistic depictions of medieval ages, I like that part and it's what made him a popular writer.

The shit that makes me think he's a fat degenerate would be his weird as fuck descriptions of things like how a castrated Theon was forced to give oral sex to Jeyne to "prepare" her for her husband Ramsay, and then how she is forced to fuck dogs and shit. Stuff like this makes me think he was some kind of degenrate occultic pervert that had his stories approved simply because other pedophile perverts in hollywood share his disgusting fetishes.

Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.

Attached: georgerrmartin1-1828238-640x360.jpg (1200x630, 64K)

We live in a degenerate time.

>We look at real history and it’s not that simple.
it actually is that simple

When he was trying to decide between cheesy garlic bread or wings with his pizza, he decided to not finish the books instead.

This is stupid because even though being a good man doesn't guarantee you will be a good leader, it does guarantee that you will at least try to be a good leader. Meaning that when famine is coming and you don't know what to do, you will consult experts on the subject and make an active attempt to contain the situation.

Evil Kings can have foresight like this as well, but sadly they are so self-centered that they end up pushing the limits of what they can get away with rather than specifically trying to act in the benefit of their people. Which is why the "good" Monarch is generally better.

>Whats your tax policy

Aragorn probably consulted financial advisers, and also read up on finance so that he could become decent enough at it to see when people are bullshitting him, like a good King would.

His taxes were in all likelihood, as low as possible without risking bankruptcy.

>Did he maintain a standing army?

Yes, because your neighbors always want to fuck you up.

>What did he do in times of flood and famine

Try to save his people and keep them from starvation and death, what the fuck else could he have done? If he REALLY had foresight, he kept an emergency granary storage.

Jesus I have been like that, sucking water out of the tap, then 10 minutes later puking up slime and shitting fire, then getting thirsty again. All the time feeling like total shit, aching all over. I was so sick that my guts actually hurt, like I thought I was going to die. I spent six days in bed and lost 10lbs for the win.

i literally smiled in relief when i saw this thread and immediately clicked it because of the state of this board currently is THAT bad. hopefully it turns into a comfy lotr/fatman hate thread and lasts for 200 posts

This, what is this stupid quote even trying to say? If he weren't a good king then why would he be remembered differently?

Based ruling is hard poster

TOLKIEN never wrote his books because he wanted to explore things like economy or a "good king"!!!! George R R Martin completely misses the point of the hobbit and lord of the rings!!!

Attached: lord of the rings lel.png (450x420, 244K)

Didn't he want a Maise Williams full frontal nude scene in season 1?

are you from some third world shithole? or Flint, Michigan?

stop making this thread, you butthurt faggot

Nothing. He wasn't complaining. He was just pointing out that a writer has to pick what they want to writing about instead of spinning off on unrelated tangents.

>le good guys fight le ancient evil and win and literally only one of them dies!
LOTR is for capeshitters

I feel like they could have gotten away with it if the actress was the same age as in the books and not like 13

>spent six days in bed
Homeboy you're supposed to go to a hospital when you can't even keep liquids down

Attached: Dh5sR8yXkAAfLFE.jpg (362x492, 17K)

it's not even the fact all this horrible stuff happens, it's that most of it is just there to shock. Ramsey raping Sansa/jeyne is enough to get that he's a shit. The dog stuff just seems unnecessary, like why would roose allow Ramsay to do that?

If the public found out "Arya" was getting raped by dogs, they'd rebel

I was always unsure if I should read GoT, but now I know that I made the right choice.
Which is ironic, seeing how I frequent /d/.

The Hobbit was written while Tolkein was high on shrooms.

this fat faggot was so butthurt about aragorn and archetypal kings and heroes he made his own universe where he could make "honourable" characters to kill off.

>creativity = drugs
hello, 9gag

Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water. When she closed her eyes at last, Dany did not know whether she would be strong enough to open them again.

Attached: A451A972-E409-4037-A12C-D7B3D7818E35.png (793x133, 33K)

Huh they all speak english, eventhough Westeros is supposed to be a continent the size of South America lmao.
But honestly this language thing is just useless for the storytelling.

This is not bad writing, brainlets

Martin clearly has a scat fetish along with his torture, mutilation, and extreme sadism fetish where he fantasizes about bestiality being involved with castration, dismemberment and rape.

Ok, but it's not bad writing

It's not bad. It's abysmal.

FAT
PINK
MAST

This.

How did this pass the editor?

But the issue is that the producers had to make that call. GRRM had no problem with a sex scene involving a thirteen year old. If anything he wanted the scene more after he saw the actrees that had been cast.

Its not good world building

what was the scene?

Yes, and GRRM himself would probably admit that Tolkie is superior to him in this regard, but thats not what his criticism to him are tho.

can someone explain what is actually wrong with this passage?

I don't know. From what I heard, GRRM wanted to write an x-rated scene involving Arya even after he knew that the role had been cast to an underage girl. The decision to not involve Maise Williams in any nudity was made by the producers and not GRRM.

He looks like a child molester

Women don't shit

another reason why d&d are frauds butchering the source material

It's like he started it with the violence, and the descriptions of violence just to shock, and then by the 4th book everyone is just like 'oh his head got smashed in and his brain came out', so he had to up it a bit and start including dog rape and stuff. But then again, his books are tasteless trash.

This

I used to dislike got threads, but damn, they're by far the best laughs on Yea Forums lately.

Attached: Underdeveloped sexualized insecure child.jpg (2100x1440, 172K)