Forced diversity in movies at the expense of good characters and good writing is a good thing

>forced diversity in movies at the expense of good characters and good writing is a good thing

Attached: 72394705615.png (838x800, 840K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9a0A6iNjOIM
youtube.com/watch?v=MaJVxPBvuB4
youtube.com/watch?v=o3LWK8dCVU8
youtube.com/watch?v=8Wk3V4oTEMk
youtube.com/watch?v=VsnVi1Gid_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I liked his hair tho

They've fallen in love with the degeneracy in life that destroys men.

FOR I WILL GO ON...
WITH MY IDRIS ELBA

I mean who planned the buyout of Yea Forums when m00t was still being spanked on his bottom by my shitposts?

Attached: 1530899336324.png (1354x565, 663K)

Attached: cleitus4252.png (994x703, 991K)

I CALL FATHER MOOT TO WITNESS! I CALL YOU TO TRIAL BEFORE HIM. AND WE'LL SEE HOW DEEP THIS SHITPOSTING CUTS.

Attached: alex.png (943x435, 758K)

Now look at you! Great Alexposter! Hiding behind his jannies! Are you too great to remember whose shitposts were bumped by me? I am more of a Alexposter than you'll ever be!

Attached: 1556658535740.png (1201x796, 955K)

ARHGGGHGGRHGRHRHGHRGHRH

Attached: 1553366663563.jpg (682x334, 111K)

n-nani...

Attached: CLEITUS42.png (1424x688, 1.75M)

To this user. And his new appointment as the most accomplished Alexposter.

Attached: cheers.png (875x445, 633K)

Attached: 1531658546343.png (794x291, 78K)

High-pitched shrieks of "But why is he bla-ha-aaaack" isn't productive either, Op.

Attached: 1544817162290.png (1920x800, 1.61M)

YOU NO LONGER SERVE THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD.
TAKE HIM FROM MY SIGHT

Attached: alexander mad.png (1094x793, 1021K)

>Have a shit script but need to put out a movie to keep company profits up
>Add in a bunch of diversity characters
>Blacks, latinos and other minorities flock to the theaters to see it
>Profit

Diversity, whether you like it or not is profitable.

GREAT WHITE MALE, ALEXANDER. HIDING BEHIND HIS POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

>THIS DAY WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED AS THE DAY YOU LEFT YOUR KING IN WAKANDA. For I will go on... with my NIGGEEEEEEERS
What did Alexander mean by this?

Attached: 5.png (542x432, 399K)

NO ONE, NOT MY VILEST JEW, HAS SPOKEN LIKE YOU TO ME!

Attached: 125028305820.png (1411x798, 1.49M)

>alexposting is a thing now

I'm actually enjoying it but what the fuck prompted this? Like, did Stone make a new cut or something? It it just autism?

Attached: wtf.png (317x392, 134K)

It came at the right place and time.

Name a movie with "forced diversity" that you believe would have been noticeably better had everything else stayed the same, but the diversity was removed.
Hint: There are zero, bad movies cannot be made into good ones that easily.

>does not know alexander and greeks, in general, were faggots irl
pathetic

Attached: 1509231825049.png (563x517, 79K)

Attached: 1532834123786.png (1329x560, 1.44M)

nu Star Wars

A meme isn't born, user, it is made. By shitposts and by IP hopping. A shitposter must know how to hurt the board he loves. It's lonely. Ask the cunnyposter. Ask the sneedposter. Ask any of them. Yea Forums is cruel. No meme can be too powerful or too beautiful without disaster befalling. They laugh when you rise too high and delete everything you've built with a ban. What threads they allow, in the end, they prune away. They make of us slaves.

Attached: val kilmer philly.jpg (696x640, 26K)

PAN-HELLENIC SHITPOSTING! TIME TO FUCK THE PERSIANS AND THE ROMANS IN THE BUTT! Why though?

FOR THE FREEDOM
AND GLOOOOOOORY
OF GREECE!

Attached: alexander_gaugamela.png (1003x792, 1.09M)

>look over there Titus
>its the degenerate Greeks
>they couldnt even maintain their one and only empire that long
>just pathetic

Attached: romans.png (455x267, 247K)

youtube.com/watch?v=9a0A6iNjOIM
thread theme

this

Attached: cletus posting.jpg (1005x170, 52K)

based cleitus, RIP in piece
Fuck hiroshimoot, fuck the jannies, and fuck niggers

Attached: greek pepe.png (500x600, 417K)

b a s e d

99% of threads on Yea Forums were GoT or Capeshit and some brave user made Alexanderposting to fight it

Pretty sure it's one dedicated user pushing his, just look at the replies / posters ratio. Still I commend his efforts.

wrong, I wager 10 silvers there are at least 5 of us

>so uncreative you have to copy paste everything from everyone then call it your own
>decides to go from glorious & powerful deities to frailed jewish man they nailed to a piece of wood.
Fucking cuckus
You don't fool anyone.

I'm not OP or the original alexposter, but I definitely try to contribute when I see a thread

Thor Ragnarok
Hellboy Reboot
Evil Dead tv series (black chick was cute but not a good actress and had no chemistry with Bruce)
The Hateful Eight (Tarantino wouldn't have been able to write a twenty-minute scene about sucking black dick)
Any Will Smith movie ever

Attached: 1517471775605.png (780x433, 150K)

The truth is never simple, and yet it is. The truth is we did kill Yea Forums. By silence we consented because... because we couldn't go on. What by moot did we have to look forward to but to be discarded in the end like /news/, after all this time to give away our OC to redditfags we despised. Sharing our memes, kino? Pah.

Attached: ptolemy old.jpg (1334x2048, 326K)

Just finished watching this.
Kino.

Attached: alexander horse pröööh.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

>implying a race swap would make the writing good or the characters any more compelling
Why are racists so stupid?

Reminder that under an actually competent general the phalanx is unbeatable. Eat shit Titus Quinctius Flamininus

Attached: animation-ancient-macedonian-army-alexander_1-min-1.jpg (770x433, 67K)

>being good at copy and pasting
>become a super power empire
how does it feel to be annexed by an uninspired civilization?

Attached: 1539029076684.jpg (694x686, 84K)

I lost many a user. Young ones, never been with a body pillow. Some died of diabetes. Some were warned on /r9k/ in chart threads. Some were banned good. Some just didn’t get no luck. But they were banned. Forty thousand posts we made over the years. And we post after you more than 10,000 threads. In the light and in the darkness of our rooms, we posted for you. Some of us 500 /got/ and capeshit threads we shitposted in. And we shitposted many a newfag. And now, when I look around, how many of them faces do I see?

Attached: 1542277438203.png (1692x706, 1.49M)

NICE COPE THERE FAGGOT
I BET U LOVE BEING A FAGGOT PEDOPHILE, YOU DEGENERATE

one of us...
one of us...

>become a superpower by allowing shit flinging barbarians in your armies
>die because of said barbarians while the greeks kept true to themselves
get bent

Moot did it by himself. Did you build 4channel by yourself, Hiro?

Attached: cleitus2.png (745x762, 545K)

BUT YOU DREAM Yea Forums!

Perfect and blessed thread,

>be rome
>last from 32 bc to 1461

>be greek
>no empire that lasted even 50 years

I hope you saw the extended version, the regular one is trash.

Destiny.

With respect to your long service on Yea Forums, user, but if you and your fellow anons made quality posts instead of shitposts, you wouldn't have lost so many anons to the jannies.

Attached: nearcus.png (917x437, 709K)

Revisited Final Cut, I dunno if there's others.
youtube.com/watch?v=MaJVxPBvuB4

I don't know but I'm all for it
All Hail Alexander

Attached: 1553568122933.jpg (500x322, 30K)

>rome lasted until 1461
cope harder copypastus, if it weren't for the greeks rome would never have gotten past the bronze age. Face it, Hellenic master-race carried your warmongering ass all the time.

How the fuck did Oliver Stone manage to get an Alexander movie made? I've never seen a movie that payed this much attention to historical authenticity. I doubt we shall ever see such a movie again, just as we shall never see another Alexander.

HOW DARE YOU TRANNY?!? THE SHIPOSTERS SPREAD OUR MEMES TOO THIN, THERE WAS NOTHING I OR ANYONE COULD HAVE DONE.

Attached: 1543017071217.png (1351x571, 568K)

You watched the right one

>HOW DARE YOU TRANNY?!?
JANITOR Tranny to you, shitposter.

Attached: nearcus2.png (711x431, 455K)

Yeah, it's crazy out almost every outlandish bit in the 2004 movie actually stems from historic accounts. Of course, a lot of the accounts we have are from hundreds of years later like from Arrian and Plutarch, but still.

It's just a shame Alexander has so many flaws. Some top tier scenes, but also a ton of bullshit that was daytime-soap-tier. And I don't know why Oliver never had Alexander say "to the strongest" at the end

THE TROOPS, O MEGAS BASILEUS, WILL FOLLOW YOU TO THE WORLD'S END.

Attached: PANTODAPOI PHALANGITAI.jpg (1200x871, 407K)

I kinda hoped we'd see something good out of the Ben Hur remake... But oh well, Antiquity will never make good media it seems, it's cursed.

The IP's won't post! On phone then!

Attached: Heph.jpg (400x317, 21K)

>It's just a shame Alexander has so many flaws. Some top tier scenes, but also a ton of bullshit that was daytime-soap-tier
The film is absolute kino. It's just one of those underappreciated gems that you get all the time because of stupid critics and plebs that follow their opinion as gospel.

I don't know but it was glorious despite the reviews "I couldn't follow what was happening, it sucked"

though the original cut wasn't great. we are in the dark ages of cinema right now, there isn't enough good history to watch

Even the flashbacks are fucking kino, except maybe the mummy scenes. Still good though.

is that the hound?

yes

also for you gotshitters, Ser Meryn Trant is in it too.

this

Attached: 1555655907560.png (500x395, 98K)

It's flawed kino. There's really no way to justify the film's narrative structure of constant jumping back and forth between periods of time out of sequence, including flashbacks within flashbacks.
That and skipping good shit like Issus or the Siege of Tyre to make way for scenes of sleeping with his eunuch or snakeshit cuckoldry with Jolie and her cringey accent.

It's not a war movie though, the two battles we saw were more than enough. It was about the adventure and the friends we made along the way.

I wonder what the budget would be for a movie that included all the major battles of Alexander's campaign, let alone the runtime.

>I don't know but it was glorious despite the reviews "I couldn't follow what was happening, it sucked"
That's because your average pleb literally has the attention span of 5 minutes. But yes, the flashaback scenes are kino of the highest caliber. Val KIlmer was perfect as Philip

youtube.com/watch?v=o3LWK8dCVU8

>It's flawed kino. There's really no way to justify the film's narrative structure of constant jumping back and forth between periods of time out of sequence, including flashbacks within flashbacks.
There is. The flashback scenes come during an important time in Alexander's later life (like him killing Cleitus which triggers the flashback of Philip introducing Cleitus to him and how Cleitus will always defend him).

Yeah, they could have used a simpler structure of - here's Alexander as a boy, here he is as a teenager and then an adult, but that would be too cliched and too fast paced because there are too few scenes of Alexander in the movie before his campaign in Persia.

Colin Farrell is one of those Irishmen who looks like a Med. It’s like having a Sino-Malaysian play a Korean.

>Yea Forums trying to make me watch this piece of shit movie again

no fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=8Wk3V4oTEMk

black irish

youtube.com/watch?v=VsnVi1Gid_I

Attached: 1538453527829.png (1365x569, 1.31M)

finna redownload

ISKANDER! ISKANDER! ISKANDER!

keeeeeek

The phalanx was never meant to beat the enemy, it was meant to hold the enemy in place while whatever else fancy maneauvering bit the enemy in the ass.

But yes, the few times the romans did face a competent generals, like Pyrrhus, they did get beat.

In matters of costume, production design and design - yes. But the events are all over the place and mashed together. There are many narrative inaccuracies in the film.

Cassander marching with the army throughout, Gaugamela being portrayed as the first (and not the final) battle against the persians, the entire indian battle is a mishmash of Hydaspes and the siege of the Malli.

The harem scene is made up, itself being a mishmash of many other events and quotes (like the squabble between Parmenion and Alexander - which took place after Issus) etc, etc.

Eh, the phalanx is good. It's just that the Romans have a lot more soldiers than the Macedonians and all other Macedonian kingdoms did.

Did you even watch the movie? Two minutes before Darius attacks in Gaugamela Alexander had just finished listing a bunch of previous battles/sieges.

Yeah, the plot is a mess. But considering all other movies can't even get the costume, set design and production design even close to accurate the Alexander movie is unbeaten.

>ywn march from the Hellaspont to the Ganges
>ywn bed egyptian, persian, bactrian, indian, etc. QTs
>ywn go from your humble mountain village in Macedonia to the Ishtar gates and the metropolis of Babylonia
>ywn be led by the son of Amon-Zeus himself
Why even live, and die, if not for the glory of Alexander?

the main issue is the sucessor states were really shit maintaining big cavalry contingents and pretty much abandoned the combined arms principles because it had been what they saw as an unecessary expense following the diadochi wars. When they had cavalry engagements with the Romans they barely came out on top which is fucking embarassing since republic era roman cavalry was extremely poor. Hence the phalanx was forced to pursue the enemy force, often over broken ground, and then lost cohesion and got cut to ribbons.

>tfw all we're stuck with now are 300/clash of the titans and other DUDEBRO EPIC inspired productions
It's fucking depressing man.

On the bright side
>ywn die in a pointless death march across the Gedrosian desert because Zeus Ammon has decided to kill you all off.

>muh diadochi had no cavalry
Are you dumb? The Ptolemies had a decent cavalry contingent while the Seleucids had a gigantic cavalry force of lancers and cataphracts. In fact, at Magnesia the Seleucid cavalry flank led by Antiochus III routed an entire legion with a single frontal charge.

The Roman cavalry during the early Republic was not poor either, they were skilled cavalry men who could fight the best cavalry that all other nations could offer. I'm pretty sure this dumb idea that Roman cavalry is bad stems from Hannibal having a gigantic force of Numidian cavalry that greatly outnumbered the Roman cavalry they faced. If you only have several hundred mounted soldiers then the opposing side with a few thousand will always win.

is the Netflix version the extended or the regular??

Ultimate cut.

the idea that Roman cavalry was poor comes from Roman sources, the likes of Pliny, Plutarch and Caesar all attest to this. It's not a fault of the Romans, they lived in terrain ill suited for cavalry, had not had the usual noble contingent and horse breeding found in other nations being strictly an urban peoples and their nobles didn't have professional training as cavalrymen as was traditional in other places. By comparison, the macedonian and thessalian cavalry of Alexander was beating the absolute most elite and infamous cavalry of the ancient world while outnumbered. Roman cavalry never achieved anything close to such success in the field, the companion and thessalian cavalry is without a doubt the best cavalry force Europe has ever produced.

Βασεδ

>citing accounts from the late republic/empire
Stop being retarded, the early/middle republican Roman cavalry performed very well, you just need to look at the Pyrrhic and Macedonian wars where the Roman and allied Italian cavalry fought Macedonian/Epeirote cavalry contingents to a draw. The Roman nobility itself were good cavalry but didn't provide a large number, thankfully the other Italic peoples proved more numbers.

*provided.

BUT YOU DREAM, Yea Forums

>at the expense of good characters and good writing
Who says a spic can't be written well? It seem the largest complaints are historical accuracy and the like

>just as we shall never see another Alexander.
Napoleon was better DESU, the only diference is that he lived long enough to lose
We will never get Napoleon kino because the anglo-jewish media would smear this great man.

Attached: Napoleon.jpg (968x681, 85K)

Napoleon was conquering and invading countries that he knew very well, nothing mysterious about them

Alexander's expansion was magical in a way. He was finding so many cultures, so many people that he never could have imagined. He knew nothing of India, he kept pushing east and east and in the end his eyes looked in the horizon and saw even more land that he would never be able to conquer

Nothing compares. It truly was a quest to the end of the world.

"NEET", they yell so easily. I laugh. No NEET ever shitposted so much. And what do they know of the board, these newfags? Before /alexander/posting there was capeshit, and after... all was possible. There was suddenly a sense that Yea Forums could be ruled by kino...and be better for all.

Attached: ptolemy.jpg (852x480, 54K)

Women will never understand this...

Napoleon kept France alive by wining the wars that foreign powers had declared on France to restore the monarchy while the Jacobins were spreading The Terror in France
then he restored order and rule of law to France and continued to defeat the agressor coalitions and spreading the Napoleonic Code and destorying the remnants of Feudalism in Europe
Napoleon did more to spread the ideals of the Revolution than any of the revolutionaries that lusted only for power and achieved nothing but chaos mass murder
most of the countries in the World today used some version of the Napoleonic Code

Why is this movie so damn perfect for shitposting?

The monologues and speeches have a good melody to them.

>Siege of Tyre
i wish they had shown this

This, I find a lot of the movie overly dull and I skip past much of it, but then there are lots of terrific scenes and dialogue as well.
Favorite part is the scene where Alex kills Cleitus. It's so perfect how it starts off as a jovial celebration and then slowly and uneasily morphs into a very high-tension standoff.
Speaking of which, did anyone screencap the alex/cleitus posts from that other thread?

I AM MORE MAN THAN ANY POSTER IN THIS THREAD WILL EVER BE.

Attached: 105059685423468.png (543x433, 335K)

Alexposting is the best thing that happened to Yea Forums in a long time

This of Alexanderposters as Alexanders great army, and the barbarian hordes as nu-Yea Forums. perfectly encapsulates our struggle

here's the thread, you do the honours, I never made a screencap before

Why did they turn the most alpha fucking dude in the world into a flaming fucking faggot, was that suppose to be like OH DID YOU KNOW boomer fact and be some sort of Poz woke pill. Watching it in Cinema by the end more than half the people left, for me personally not even the epic battles which I genuinely enjoyed made me ever consider sitting through the melodramatic nonsense ever again

I AM MORE OLDFAG THAN ANY REDDITOR IN THIS THREAD WILL EVER BE*

Hello gayreek.

He wasn't a faggot, he never lusted after Hephaestion or enjoyed him so.

I watch A:Revisited(first revisited cut aka superior version of film) at least twice a year. These threads needed to happen for a long time.

>tried to get ex to watch it some years ago
>wasn't interested in it at all

SHE MAKES A MISTAKE

Lithuanian

>Alexander was so pissed off that he had to build a bridge he massacred almost everyone
chad

And when your wife and her son ask you why you fought so bravely against capeshit, and GOT threads
You will answer with all of the strength of your great, great hearts: I was here this day on Yea Forums, for the freedom... AND GLOOOOORY... OF KINO!

Attached: 1552158560404.png (640x268, 206K)

Cleitus was pretty salty from the get-go, though. He was literally given an exile-tier satrapy in a shit hole part of the world far from home. It was an insult and a kick in the balls to one who saved Alexanders puppy life at Gaugamela.

I don't even see why it has to be one or the other. But when they cast to be diverse i guess the people in charge are just retarded

based & redpilled

Attached: we will never know this feel.jpg (1278x1302, 88K)

Attached: 1530866689090.png (272x316, 109K)

jokes on you im posting from a generation ship

Attached: the unknown.jpg (1278x1302, 101K)

God I HATE MODERNITY

I'VE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH THE THINGS THAT DESTROY MEN

Attached: 1556232129097.png (1920x800, 1.76M)

>humanity will never build generation ships and plunge humanity into the greatest adventure in history
fucking kill me

Attached: the great monkey war.jpg (2560x1311, 282K)

Imagine thinking the world ends at the eastern edge of the persian empire and you finally trek up there and it's just mountains upon mountains as far as the eye can see instead of the ocean you were expecting

How did he do it?

CRAZY MONKEY TRIBES

The interesting thing here is that they portray pooinloo land as being this vast jungle, but that part of india is way further away in the southern bit. The parts they were in was hills, grasslands, plains, deserts, etc.

But still, I'm okay with the change for artistic reasons because it visually symbolizes how Alexander is out of his element and too far off into the unknown during the India segment.

the fucking dialogue in this is fantastic. the confrontation between Phillip and Alexander at the wedding party or whatever is awesome

Named a city after that horse.

And further east there's an even bigger empire with a sophisticated culture

I can only wish for a timeline where Alexander meets the Chinese so that i could read about it

Attached: 6sxZqpR.png (862x495, 385K)

what empire?

Attached: 1539496261572.png (821x448, 73K)

me on the left
Also I love Alexanderposting

Attached: D50F0513-81DD-4EB3-B735-1537854B727F.gif (400x200, 916K)

>One day too the kino gods will judge you harshly..
>When I'm a capeshitter like you one day father?

>Don't rush the day boy, you risk all. My father showed me my first capeshit before I knew how to discern kino. After I saw my first grown man in spandex he said, "now you know." I hated him then, but I understand why now. A capeshitter isn't born Alexander, he's made by soi and by onions. A capeshitter must learn how to disappoint those he loves. It's degenerate, ask RDJ, ask any of them. No actor or actress can be too kino or too beautiful without capeshit befalling them. They laugh when your filmography rises too high and crush everything you've built with a paycheck. They make of us goyim....

Attached: alexanderphillip.jpg (1200x497, 86K)

fudge. i messed the start of the empire by a century

Still, the point stands. A meeting with the chinese would have been so great

yeah that would have been neat

now that's some spectacular autism

I'm totally racist, but also a hypocrite. I fucking used to love Chris Tucker.

IIRC there was a situation in which at some point a post-Alexander Hellenic colony in Bactria got into a long range shitfight with the Chinese.

>Ywn conquer a city with the lads

Why the hell does diversity mean "only black people added"?

Judeans

>Come Bucephalus
>Fear not my friend..tis only sun and shadow
>One last time. It's you and i

nah bres....

Attached: matiue.gif (556x250, 1.06M)

>you'll never burn down a city with the lads

Attached: burning1.jpg (700x499, 82K)

Agreed, Kilmer is really great in this movie.

F

Attached: 1555737181280.png (1360x566, 665K)

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-25-04h37m19s020.png (1920x800, 2.07M)

well fuck, I'm going to have to watch this again

Alexander was a faggot.

Attached: when you see a fellow alexanderposter.png (500x440, 345K)

And that's a good thing!

yes, that was the general message of the film

I don't get how this meme is supposed to work. Only watched this flick once and that was years ago.

the best memeographers are working on an answer

Did alexander know about the poisoning and still chose to gulp that shit down? That's the idea i got from that scene

Attached: 1533677267145.png (456x450, 48K)

Anybody else think McConaughey could've made a good Alexander if he managed to drop the accent?

>High-pitched shrieks of "But why is he bla-ha-aaaack" isn't productive either, Op.
actually it is when there is no reason to a character black.

This is a shit meme.

Attached: 1540461930396.png (1364x572, 781K)