Where to start with him?

Where to start with him?

Attached: Andrej_Tarkovskij_mug_shot_at_Latina_Refugee_Camp_1985.jpg (193x232, 6K)

By spreading wide

Attached: Downloaded the image to Messenger_Lite.jpg (493x612, 38K)

From the beginning.

huh?

Attached: Riemann.jpg (193x260, 6K)

Whatever you do don't start with Mirror, far too much Sculpting in Time kinetics at once for a casual.
Ivan's Childhood or Andrei Rublev should be a good start

Or Stalker.

The amount of busey he got in film school and wild parties with Kurosawa in Japan

Okay, thanks.
I saw that scene with the burning house a couple of times. I suppose that's the endboss. Not sure which movie that is.

Attached: applbla.jpg (1280x1792, 260K)

His worst

>mirror
>worst

Attached: almostunpleasant.png (384x390, 175K)

He's talking about Offret, dumbo

I think both have burning houses.

Yeah but offret has the more 'iconic' shot of an actual burning house, whereas in zerkalo it's a burning barn and it's more known for it's composition superimposing water and fire
So I think he was talking about Offret

Not him but the burning farm shot is literally literal kino. I wish I had the webm. Offret has the ending with the burning house but the house model shots were better.

start with rublev or stalker depending on whats your interest

I'm not commenting on the quality of either shot
I'm just saying that he was probably talking about offret, and that offret is tarks worst film, and that's all

>Offret is tarks worst film
That would be Nostalghia. Only if you hate Bergman I could understand you.

>mfw Nostalghia is my favourite tark
It used to be my most disliked, but after I left my home country, I understood it

What country did you leave?

Russia

That must be hard. I have only left my country to study in germany and I think I grew tired of europe if not disgusted by it. I always wanted to travel to russia though. I love russian poetry.

Offret is my favorite Tarkovsky closely followed by Stalker I suppose, don't hate me frens, pls. All of his movies are great tbqh though.

IMHO, OP, Ivan's Childhood is going to be an ideal introduction to Tarkovsky's filmography.

Attached: 1546106105987.png (1000x1000, 177K)

Where are you from, user?

I moved to Germany for my PhD and worked with Russians too.

In any case, he only has a few movies and you guys recommend basically all of them for a first (except Mirror)

Attached: upton_15yo.jpg (634x948, 166K)

>I saw that scene with the burning house a couple of times. I suppose that's the endboss. Not sure which movie that is.

The Sacrifice. aka Offret. Sven Nykvist was the cinematographer.

México

Ivan's Childhood or Solaris

Poland here. You must've had high expectations, no wonder you were disappointed, Europe has turned to shit and that won't change any time soon, maybe never.

Attached: 1537548908862.jpg (573x799, 423K)