Only one week

>Only one week
BOI HE BOUT TO DO IT. AVATAR ON SUICIDE WATCH

Attached: Screenshot_20190504-082138_Samsung Internet.jpg (1073x880, 267K)

I'm proud to have only seen titanic out of all those shitty normie films

Same.

Force Awakens getting btfo will be great, I'll be a little sad to see Titanic drop again though.

will probably beat titanic with the saturday and sunday numbers

TIK TOC JAMES

Attached: 1526118170318.jpg (686x751, 90K)

Dread it, run from it, destiny still arrives.

Attached: thanospepe.jpg (750x934, 76K)

Nah, Sat & Sun will get it under 2.1b, then it has to hope Pikachu bombs to beat Avatar, gonna be fun to watch

awww that cute

Pikachu won't bomb but I feel people have way overestimated its chances.

Attached: 1525712044149.png (1227x962, 924K)

it made 128 million globally on Friday. It will make more on Saturday and a bit less on Sunday. We're probably looking at 260-270 million from those 2 days.

nah,
you forget the legs avatar had, I saw that over a month after it was out and the theater was still packed

>(laughs nervously)

>huge drop in ticket sales
>will beat based Cameron kinos

Attached: 1554330347255.jpg (480x480, 45K)

Reminder that Star Wars did as much as it did because of americans

what is it with americans and star wars?

Imagine choosing what you watch based on how popular it is. You two are such beerboys.

drops are similar to Infinity war, which handily gets it over avatar

pikachu only needs to do decently to stop endgame

I would say whats wrong with Marvel fanboys, they keep seeing this movie like 10 times, like do they think on the 20th time Thanos might win?

All movies that reach these heights get repeat viewings. Girls saw Titanic 20 times

they're legitimately brainwashed
look up endgame on twitter marvel fans genuinely go watch it just so it can beat avatar kek they really think its going to happen

M8 it's made nearly $2 billion in less than a week

Attached: image.jpg (517x462, 57K)

It still boggles my mind how Avatar grossed out so well.

3D was a new thing

yikes now that's a drop
with that shit weekend it's not happening
it's all downhill from here, competition is going to kill whatever legs that movie had, China is almost done with it and won't be in a holiday this week
be happy it's going to beat that movie from 97 because that's all it's going to do

Attached: deadl.png (773x695, 251K)

It's made 2 billion in a week. It has enough legs to surpass Avatar. This movie will run in theaters for many more weeks/months.

except it wasn't. the 3D gimmick was around since fucking spy kids

big dick energy

Cameron always keeps his movies in theaters for artificially long times and releases them during the winter where everyone's bored out of their minds from the cold weather.

It's been 12 days

There's bad 3D and there's good 3D. A big budget was spent on making Avatar's 3D unique. The 3D technology was petty revolutionary back then.,

Honestly. It will pass Titanic, but the chances for Avatar is still up in the air. Detective Pikachu, and some other blockbuster movies like Aladdin might slow down its run.

why do faggots itt pretend to like Titanic? i remember it was hated at the time

It's gonna hit 2 billion today, after only 10 days. Avatar will fall next weekend. I'm loving every minute of this.

Attached: 1539092449318.jpg (249x249, 41K)

>Pikachu blocks your path

OH NO NO

I meant a week since releasing in actually relevant countries

Who are you trying to please, frogposter?

It's made the same in China as USA

Pikachu will good really good, I'm still expecting Aladdin to bomb though.

>Alladin might slow down its run
I doubt it

Attached: New Alladin.jpg (480x480, 70K)

pathetic

It's amazing how Disney can release fun movies like Endgame while also making such utter soulless trash like these live action remakes of their classic cartoons.

and it still needs to make almost a billion while everyone who was going to see it has seen it already
this is what capeshitters don't understand, Marvel relies on the bulk of its fanbase, not everyone is interested by capeshit
on the other hand Avatar reach to every demographic and didn't require you to watch other capeshit movies, that's why a movie like that actually has legs and capeshit doesn't
the only reason the movie is even in reach is because of how China has changed (5k screens in 2009 vs 60k screens in 2019), but the movie isn't going to get much more from China, that market never has legs and the holiday season is over

Don't think Aladdin will bomb. Disney has a pretty big market and fanbase. The movie will likely at least break even and make some profits. It was a mistake to use Will Smith as the genie. The Lion King, however, will probably do much better. Some people were kids when these movies were out, and want to see them again, especially show it to their own kids.

>cant even beat force awakens week 2
>think it can still beat avatar

A lot of people are seeing it more than once. Only the hardcore fans cared about seeing it the first week so that they don't have to worry about spoilers. The more casual ones wait a week or two because they know a lot of theaters are going to be full of fans who clap and cheer.

I N E V I T A B L E

Attached: file.png (640x480, 157K)

why you guys care about this shit?

Reminder: adjusted for inflation and ticket costs, gone with the wind made over six billion dollars.

>star wars
>avatar
>marvel

these have 1 thing in common can you guess what it is

*dabs*
James Cameron and Kevin Fag are pathetic losers .

Attached: IMG_2436.jpg (1280x720, 28K)

Sexy blue humanoids?

Reminder: Gone with the Wind was in theaters for 4 years. Back then no one had televisions at home.

it can if Asians don't drop it for Pokemon

if you dont know

Attached: 46456456.jpg (1817x1703, 632K)

Umm....not sure if this is ironic or not

when do they stop calculating? because movies never stop making money the dvds and broadcasting rights are always on sale

>drop an endgame spoiler
>get permabanned from vidya server
Woah mama!!!!

Attached: 1556885736864m.jpg (1024x576, 54K)

I've also only seen titanic though admittedly if both it and avatar are by Cameron it's probably not a coincidence and avatar is probably indeed based despite seeming to be some borderline furry hippy shit that people like for special effects and muh waifu

I'll probably watch it one day. hard pass on Disney star/cape shit though

could very well beat it considering the estimate is only a few million difference.

Is that a boom mic?

You know it took several weeks for Avatar to reach Endgame's current numbers right?

No it's Clark Gable.

Perma? That's unlucky. Blizzard gives out 7 day bans.

Attached: 1556454282679.png (977x616, 67K)

People were expecting 200m second weekend domestic, it's dropped off a bit in USA, but Asians are still going mad for it

>he rarely looks in the mirror because he doesn't want to lose everytime he does

that's pretty much impossible. Infinity war had 257 million opening weekend and dropped 55%
This had 357 million opening weekend. a whole 100 million more. There has to be a limit somewhere.

>if Asians don't drop it for Pokemon
RIP Endgame

its only one i didnt see.

No it's fine.
I'm going to wait a month or two and then appeal it.
Meanwhile I'm playing on different servers.
But wow, I mean a nigga dared me to do it, so I did.

Fucking kek

Blizzard became such a joke

Even with high drops, the raw power it got from the start will help it top Avatar.

When people are saying it will beat it, they are taking in consideration the big drops because it happened the same with IW.

Lmao what , is this real

The Chinese holidays really helped it's strong start though, people ignored that

Getting closer! On your left!

Attached: 1556831458311.gif (426x176, 1.78M)

I'm looking forward to seeing The Force Awakens get btfo and I'm also looking forward to seeing Endgame sink Titanic.

I AM INEVITABLE.

Titanic is a shitty normie film though.

>Cumulative film of a 10 year franchise vs a completely new IP

Attached: 1415129272547.jpg (512x2967, 453K)

if an original movie breaks out it can do insane business, problem is most originals don't break out (which is why avatar is special), that's why studios stick with sequels.
but the thing with sequels is they have a limit. if you haven't seen most of the mcu movies you won't go watch endgame no matter if people tell you it's great because what's point. It's like going to watch deathly hallows part 1 after watching the first HP movie.

It'll pass Titanic easily, but Avatar is going to be tricky. Detective Pikachu's release is bound to have a level of impact and the 'meh' reviews of Endgame coupled with the anti-climactic storyline and bland nature of the film as a whole are going to be crucial in rewatch value.

>fan hype vs technological gimmick

Attached: ENOUGH.jpg (294x295, 25K)

It might beat Titanic but it's never gonna beat Avatar because Avatar got rereleased and made a bunch of money from it.

Detective Pikachu hype is real. Cameron is safe.

Look at this delusional zoomer making excuses for why based Cameron is king

Attached: Giger_HR_fat_bastard.jpg (481x700, 74K)

>Cameron always keeps his movies in theaters for artificially long times
WHY DO RETARDS ON THIS BOARD NOT UNDERSTAND HOW MOVIE THEATERS WORK?!?

Shit man I remember way back in the day after Harry Potter book six dropped like half the WC3 custom game lobbies were named some variation of "Snape Kills Dumbledore." Was pretty funny but I had finished the book already so it didn't matter to me.

>Mr Cameron... I don't feel so good

Overperformed (again) on Friday.

Will probably pass IW, TFA, TIT on Sunday.

After that only one dragon to slay.

Avatar never dropped. Endgame's already dropping like a motherfucker

>Overperformed (again) on Friday.
Nope. 40 mil. is way below early estimates. TFA did 49 on its second Friday.

Attached: 66.png (669x688, 308K)

how do they work? genuinely curious

they keep the film in the theatre until the sales start dropping because it's then becoming a waste of the theatre as a resource, at which point they replace it with something new, or more sessions for something that's doing better?

Yeah, they're all KINO.

Why are they talking about the second weekend already at Saturday morning. There are two full evenings to go.

Avatar made like 3 trillion dollars counting for inflation. Endgame won't come even close.

It is easily the gayest of all the films up there, Force Awakens a close second.

>AAAAAAA DID YOU JUST SAY THE GOOD GUYS BEAT THE BAD GUYS IN THIS CHILDREN'S MOVIE????? FUCKING NAZI SPOILERS REEEEEE BAN BAN BAN BAN
we live in a honkciety...

Attached: 85735274.png (500x533, 57K)

Pikachu will do really well but it wont but any of the movies in the top 5 of op's pic

>Some people were kids when these movies were out, and want to see them again, especially show it to their own kids
Why would you show them some shitty live action instead of the GOAT original?