Detective Pikachu SPOILERS

Tim and his friend who we never see again are in a forest trying to catch a Cubone. The Cubone escapes, and then Tim gets a call from the Ryme City Police Department saying his dad has died.

He goes to Ryme City, a city where there are no Pokéballs or Pokémon battles and people and Pokémon live in harmony. He goes to the police station to get the details on his dad's death and then he goes to his dad's apartment to try to clean up some things. On his way up to the apartment he meets a reporter girl, Lucy.

There he finds a strange vial full of purple gas, and it sprays everywhere making some Aipoms outside go crazy. He runs into Pikachu in the scene you saw in the trailer, and he learns that he can understand Pikachu and no one else can. He assumes it's because of exposure to the purple gas.

Then the Aipoms break through the window and cause a lot of chaos. They escape and then go to a coffee bar to discuss what's going to happen next. Pikachu decides that Tim's dad probably isn't actually dead, so they start to look for him.

Attached: 1556913124786.jpg (375x376, 41K)

They decide to trace down the source of R, the purple drug that made the Aipoms go crazy. They go to Lucy's office where she had been investigating the source of R on her own, and they go to an underground Pokémon fighting league.

There Pikachu fights a Charizard that's hopped up on R, and just barely escape. They learn about the facility where R was produced and decide to investigate.

There they learn that the founder of the city was using Mewtwo's DNA to produce R with the goal of using Mewtwo's body as his own. The founder sprays R all over a giant parade and puts humans in Pokémon's bodies to give them a new life or something.

Tim manages to take the brain transfer helmet off of the founder and then Mewtwo fixes everything.

Mewtwo is revealed to have saved Tim's dad by putting him in Pikachu's body and in the very end Ryan Reynolds is there and gives him a train ticket to go back to the town he's from, and Tim decides to stay with his dad and become a detective.

That's the best I can do, I'm a little tired.No post credits scene or sequel bait.

Film is 6.5. You need to already know what pokemon is to understand the film,no explanation given to them or their abilities. Reminded me of Spykids,good kids flick.

better than Maltese Falcon

Maltese falcon?

>Tim and his friend who we never see again are in a forest trying to catch a Cubone.
Was tim's friend played by the pajeet from the deadpool films?

Attached: at&t commercial.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

Wait, is Ryan Reynolds' actually Tim's dad? Not talking voicing Pikachu, but in person.

Yeah

Yep.
Btw if anyone interested the gengar blastoise fight is only 10-15 seconds long,Charizard vs Pikachu is the longest fight.

So it's like a typical Pokemon animated movie

Yes,only difference is that this is actually good

FLOP

It's you and me and me and you

>Charizard vs Pikachu is the longest fight.
No Mewto fight?

Nope,Mewtwo is evil for like 1 minute and it's a chase,like 20-30 second of fight and then he turns good again.

>The founder sprays R all over a giant parade and puts humans in Pokémon's bodies to give them a new life or something.

>tfw your fetish is becoming mainstream

The blonde girl becomes psyduck

>The founder sprays R all over a giant parade and puts humans in Pokémon's bodies to give them a new life or something.
God I wish that were me

Sounds nice.

He cute.

so why doesn't the dad just explain that he got turned into a pikachu

Amnesia

any hint of Mew?

a true hallmark of quality writing

This was a really obvious thing if true, i predicted it based on the first trailer

>gengar blastoise fight
who wins?

Tim's dad by putting him in Pikachu's body
what a tweest

>mods deleted marvel spoiler threads on sight but not this
FUCKING KEK