Attached: shin.jpg (480x360, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that we are one race the human race

chris brown oppressing lauren mayberry

>yo danny i seent some shit. My nigga you be seenting shit too

black people good

In Stephen King stories people should always have Psychic abilities.

>Ayo Danny. The, uh Shining bez telling me that we need to go in the basement for ya ice cream!
>Remember Doc, I know what you're thinking, if you even think about telling your daddy I'll kill ya.

To show that even though, they have differences in race and age, they are the same at heart because of their ability. Notice how Dick is putting on an act for Wendy and Jack as the "friendly old southern black man" but with Danny, he actually talks to him like an equal. It's actually my favorite scene in the entire film.

Same.

The point is to give some sort of exposition to Danny's power and what it's capable of.

>tfw you'll never be able to have entire conversations with your grandma without even opening your mouths.

just some shines hanging out

give him some screentime before jack kills him so maybe someone will feel bad about it

They were both newtypes and introduces paranormal shit to the plot

Does every scene in a movie need a "point"?

Foreshadowing. This scene sets up a lot of what’s to come - room 237, Halloran returning to the hotel.

Yes. Watch the movies of Stanley Kubrick and you'll notice every scene has a point.

DETECTIVE
MY OFFICE
NOW

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro

good movies do
if you want meaningless bullshit go watch Friends or Mad Men

So it's not totally out of left field when he's able to receive telepathic messages from Danny later, and also give some context to the things Danny will be seeing.

To establish the legitimacy of the shine. Danny isn't the only one to possess the skill, and therefore is grounds the ability in reality.

To make you think of pudding.

>if you want meaningless bullshit go watch Friends or Mad Men
>Mad Men
>meaningless
bait

you better watch your mouth, faggot
when Matt LeBlanc auditioned for the role as Joey Tribbiani he only had $11. when the cast got their paychecks, the first thing he bought was a hot dinner.

when Danny Lloyd auditioned for the role as Danny Torrance he only had $11. when the cast got their paychecks, the first thing he bought was icecream.

It's a little like burnt toast OP

so we know why the film is called the shining