AVENGERS ENDGAME

Okay so I finally watched this movie, I just have a few questions Yea Forums

>How did Captain America return to the main timeline?

> How did Thanos ship shrink to travel through the portal?

>Why didnt Ironman just use the gauntlet to fight thanos instead of giving his life to snap them out of existence. Also why didnt he create infinite resources along with snapping thanos if he knew he was gonna die anyway?

Attached: A4E4255F-6C85-4891-854A-65197E56605A.jpg (679x452, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H3kXYV6ZkRI
collider.com/avengers-endgame-captain-america-ending-explained/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did Captain America give his shield to Black Panther?
Big time pandering honestly. Panther has his own country to be the defender of.

Cant tell if bait

>He didn't return he just got old and then went to the bench at the end of it all.
>Tons of explanation could be fit here, but it doesn't matter as it is Cinema sins level of pettiness
>Look at Hulk, the simple fact of having the stones was already a dead sentence for tony, infinite resources is a gigantic vague idea whie "kill this fuckers" is a very pragmatic one

The Russos said Cap was in a different timeline. He jumped one last time to go back to his original world to give Negro Cap the shield and probably buttfuck Bucky since all old people are incredibly fucking gay

He did go to a different timeline since you cant change the past to change the future

My grandfather could fuck your mom you piece of shit

But we're brothers

So he goes to a different timeline and lives with her then jumps back when he gets old. Or him going back is not changing the past since it is how it always was?
I guess the first makes more sense since for the second he would have had to change the past at some point.
While entertaining, time travel as a plot device is dumb

When they captured Prime-Nebula, they confiscated her vials of Pym particles and go out of their way to show Thanos (or maybe it was Maw) holding them. With everything she knew about them easily downloadable and Thanos having a couple of genius-level intellects on his crew, assuming they didn't just use those specific Pym particles outright, he manufactured more so as to travel through time with his whole army.

How did he come back to the main timeline without going through the portal?

Why didn’t he snap to give himself powers to permanently endure the snap before snapping again and vanishing thanos?

Dont you need to be in a special suit/vessel to travel through the portal?

why didn't they just use the stones to bring Tony back to life? Captain Marvel could use the gauntlet, she's stronger than Thanos even when he has all the stones. Even hulk could do it. He brought back trillions of people and survived. 1 Tony Stark should be trivial.

Attached: 1553430293123s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

How does that not fall under the header of "Everything Nebula knew was easily downloadable and Thanos has geniuses in his army?"

Does his ship not itself cover the grounds of "needs to be inside something?"

As far as I got the time travel gimmick, the timelines only diverge if the Stones get displaced. Otherwise they’re the same
Just got out of the movie, so I may’ve gotten something wrong

>Captain Marvel could use the gauntlet, she's stronger than Thanos even when he has all the stones.
I didn’t get that either. I think it was just to not make her more OP.
I didn’t see her movie though. But I may, she’s cute.

I don't think caps ending makes any sense.
There are no other timelines. Also they would have seen him appear on the time machiene if he was in a different timeline.
Also him staying in 1950 would have changed the future and that is also impossible.

There are way to much stuff like this in the movie to act like anything mattered at all.

Most of these are a cheesy use of rule of cool/interesting story:

>If something is threatening movie logic or interesting story, but a plausible explanation is hard, but not impossible, just don't mention how it works and let suspension of disbelief take care of it

Basically it can only be done in action/ superhero movies where the focus is not on plot detail

I dont know man, it is clearly established that the stones are capable of killing/bringing people back to life. It is a major plothole.

Its established that the stones in SOME circumstances can do SOME things at the hands of SOME people.

The only thing set in stone is that sacrifices to the souls stone cant be brought back, other than that and its left vague on purpose

The movie sucked.
youtube.com/watch?v=H3kXYV6ZkRI

this is the movie in a nutshell

Attached: 1424665239234.png (684x267, 74K)

>>How did Captain America return to the main timeline?
Its always the main timeline the stone returned to that times reality once he showed up.
>> How did Thanos ship shrink to travel through the portal?
Aliens are smarter than humans they can figure out how to make more.

Where the fuck did Captain America leave Thor's Hammer after time travel? He only brings back the shield. Or it was showed and didn't see shit, wtf

Every time you change something in the past, you create a split timeline. Removing the stones would create split timelines where the world goes to shit, so you can't have that.

Cap staying in the past with Peggy created a split timeline without any greater ramifications, and he went back to the original timeline to pass his shield on to Falcon. Why he didn't show up on the platform? The bench was simply a nicer visual.

here

Attached: doncheadle-750x.jpg (750x422, 107K)

He returned it to 2013's Asgard along with the Reality Stone.

god you're fucking stupid its not split if he has the stone with him. What you want means he left the stone behind

The directors already said it's a split timeline.

noble

So that fixes the problem of thor leaving with the hammer after talking with her mother. Nevermind how the fuck he did to send both things there. Thanks user

Why didn't they just keep the Infinity Stones for a while and keep using them for good in a new gauntlet? Peter Dinklage would certainly make a new one for the heroic Thor and others. They could bring tony back and make the universe a paradise. It's not like they need to be rushed back to their timelines since they can bring them back to at the exact instant they took them.

Why didn't they snap back all the other people in history who were unjustly slaughtered by genocidal megalomaniacs? Were all the victims of Mao, Hitler, Stalin, and others simply not as deserving of a second chance at life as the victims of Thanos? Why do they decide that for those people history should just stand but for Thanos' victims history must change?

What was the purpose of the "earthquakes" and shit they talked about rocking the planet at the beginning of the movie but never brought up again?

Why did Strange willingly give the time stone to Thanos? The way he did it and how the bald lay talked about it made it seem like it was part of some elaborate 4D chess move, but it was never brought up again?

Why didn't Thanos simply use the reality stone to make the Avengers believe that he had destroyed the gauntlet and gems and killed him? In fact, if he didn't want to be tempted, why not just warp them away to the end of the universe using the time stone rather than blowing himself up?

If Thor took his hammer from 2013 Asgard, did Cap bring it back so it wouldn't be missing? Also what happened to 2013 Thor? Was he just walking along and then Mjolnir ripped out of his grip and flew to fat Thor?

In IW, Stormbreaker Thor was able to take on Infinity Gauntlet Thanos solo and with easy, tanking through a blast from the completed gauntlet itself. In Endgame, Thor wielding both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir couldn't even defeat basic bitch Thanos even with Tony and Cap backing him up. Why is this?

Did Loki getting the tesseract in 2012 not fuck up another timeline irrevocably now?

>how did captain america return the soul stone?

>how did captain america return the red stuff?

Writers have said he didn't have to switch between timelines, he lived and grew old in the main timeline
collider.com/avengers-endgame-captain-america-ending-explained/

Which raises a whole host of other questions

>Captain America was a massive celebrity during WWII, so was Steve able to go out in public? Wouldn't someone in the '40s recognize him as the same (presumed dead) Cap?
>Why didn't Cap do anything to prevent atrocities that he had foreknowledge of, like the Vietnam war, Rwandan genocide, 9/11 etc?
>Wouldn't a proper, in-character version of Cap both marry Peggy and pursue other potential superheroes to create a '40s version of the Avengers team, to prevent things like that and alter history?

Attached: 1525552772396.jpg (585x826, 284K)

Why didn't they use the time machine to go back and get infinite Pym particles?

If Pym particles are so hard to create and come by though, doesn't it completely fuck up the 1970 timeline now to steal them and not bring them back?

Why does every character seem to love and compliment Captain Marvel so much when she's completely new to them and did nothing to earn her powers or their respect? Each of these characters have a relationship of 10 years yet she is given focus.

Why didn't Nebula tell Hawkeye and Black Widow what the requirements were for getting the soul stone?

Why didn't they use the time machine to go back to the final battle of Infinity War and warn Thor to go for the head from his first strike. Thor could have killed Thanos right there for that timeline, and then they could borrow that completed Infinity Gauntlet to bring forward to their timeline since it has all the gems conveniently complete right there, use i to snap everyone back, then bring that gauntlet back?

If they returned all these stones to their timelines just how they found them, did Cap also warn everyone about Thanos too and how to defeat him and prevent the stones from falling into his hands? If not, wouldn't that just mean more timelines were created where Thanos would win and they'd have to go back again in time to get the stones in those timelines too splintering them all off into a million new timelines over and over now? At that point wouldn't they have shit tonnes of people showing up every other second in the past at those precise originating timeline points one after another to get the gems to save their futures? Shouldn't there have been a fight among 100 Captain Americas all back in time trying to get the gem to save their futures?

At the en of IW, the Infinity Gauntlet and stones seemed to shatter after use and disappear, why are they back again? They blew up Thanos' arm was since he used them to destroy themselves, why does the same thing happens to Hulk and tony?

>Writers have said he didn't have to switch between timelines, he lived and grew old in the main timeline

That would completely contradict their proposition that you can't change the past of your own timeline, only create a new spinoff.

That's right, part of why Cap's ending is one of the worst things in the movie and is inconsistent in multiple ways

Kinda get the impression that Cap's ending was changed in reshoots, after they decided that their other, better-written ending wouldn't work for whatever reason.
Makes sense when you consider that his ending only required 5 actors and 2 fairly simple sets, and how bad/unfinished Old Cap's face CGI is

How can Marvel movies keep going on after time machines were introduced? Each time a villain shows up use a time machine to get Infinity Stones from Avengers HQ before they're used in Endgame. No problems ever again. They could even bring back an alternate universe Tony Stark and Black Widow if they wanted.

Tony was the only one who could build a time machine and now it's blown u-

Oh wait no they literally have one still at the end so there's really no threats in th Marvel universe anymore that can't be solved by time travel.

Could be wrong but I think the limited supply of Pym Particles was still an issue, and Cap may have used up the last of them

Though it shouldn't be an issue since Hank Pym himself was unsnapped, could just make more

It would make a little more sense if he grow old and then used the time machine to get back, but instead he just walked there for some reason

>using your brain in capeshit

Ship itself is the suit. Ant-man movie was like that too.
But they still need Hank's magic particle.

It's a cartoon dude.

Are writers niggers?
Movie, directors, physicists whom they consulted from all said causal loop cannot happen.

>How did Thanos ship shrink to travel through the portal?

The portal is literally a time travel machine based around shrinking whatever is being sent through it and the restoring its size on the other side

>In IW, Stormbreaker Thor was able to take on Infinity Gauntlet Thanos solo and with easy, tanking through a blast from the completed gauntlet itself. In Endgame, Thor wielding both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir couldn't even defeat basic bitch Thanos even with Tony and Cap backing him up. Why is this?

>Did Loki getting the tesseract in 2012 not fuck up another timeline irrevocably now?

These two need to be answered

Jesus you're retarded

- Cap didn't even want to "put a suit of armor" around the planet like Tony suggested. What you're talking about is borderline Injustice Superman ideals where they police every time someone chews with their mouth open.

- Because that already happened. It's not their job to ressurect people throughout history, especially fucking Hitler victims that would most likely be dead by now anyway. Thanos was someone they failed to stop who murdered trillions across the universe.

- To set up for future movies you mouth breather

- Because it was necessary for the 1 future he saw where they actually won. It's like you didn't even watch these films.

- Because he was tempted to use them again & he didn't want to. "Warping" them anywhere won't quench the thirst of temptation, he'll just come up with another 5 year plan on retrieving them. How tf does user manage to speed watch a 3 hour movie.

- Yes

- No he wasn't. They didn't even have a fight scene. He hit Thanos with a critical strike when Thanos was too busy jacking himself off. Getting caught off guard =/= "taking on" anyone

- No, he's in his timeline. There was no future yet as they were in his timeline's current present.

why aren't people going back to rewatch it? oh yea its not rewatchable. It will never catch Avatar/

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 10.54.20 PM.png (1580x1306, 517K)

I watched it twice.
Doubt I'm the only one on the planet who did.

It's a 3 hour movie on top of that. Who cares about it "catching Avatar", do you have a bet on the line or something?

Shut up marvelshill

Wait a minute!

Isn't there two Caps then?
The frozen one that gets thawed out by Fury and the one that time travels to be with Peggy and is old? So there should be a young Cap that can still be Captain America.

Attached: steve_rogers_endgame.0.jpg (1400x782, 94K)

Too long. No post credits.

Imagine being mad when someone points out to you that your questions are remedial

Yes, but I doubt Cap is immune to the split timeline shit just because he's in ice. He's still not in our timeline.

He already fought himself so there can be two of him at once.

I skipped Black Panther so maybe I'm missing something, but I'm under the impression he wouldn't want to be the next Cap.

Captain America going back in time to be with peggy starts an alternate timeline. He lives with her until she dies and then at the exact moment when he was supposed to be back is when he arrives. This erases the alternate timeline which erases Sam being the main captain america of that universe.

He never got to be with the peggy he knew but that doesn't really matter I guess.

Yeah, Cap fought the cap from the past timeline.

That doesn't mean past timeline cap can suddenly appear in main timeline. What are you even trying to say.

It's not inconsistent. He went to live the rest of his life in the past.

The same way they did before. He just set the return time to the 40s instead of 5 seconds after his departure. I bet old timey cap will make an appearance dorking around the background of a marvel movie set in the 70s or something.

Dunno on the rest

Hank Pym is also a dick hole
Him not giving his particles would be totally in character for him

Can Thanos beat Pym Particles?
>antman.png

That writer at least straight up says he doesn't understand time travel in the related interview. He wrote a movie about time travel, and he admits he doesn't understand it. At least the Russos have a working understanding of how one version would work, so I'm going with their "He jumped back" explanation until such time as it's confirmed or contradicted by future canon.

Thor clearly was capable of 1v1'ing Thanos at the end of IW

I watched it twice already, and I will likely watch it again. It's already the 5th highest grossing movie of all time, and second weekend isn't even over. It's going straight to the top.

Attached: dancing pepe.gif (198x218, 499K)

Captain Marvel is a pedophile and needs to be kept away from Peter at all costs

Not really lol,
They only had 2 1v1 interactions
The first time he got his shit slapped along with his friends
The second time he caught Thanos off guard & still fucked up

Wrong negroid

Black Panther's tech and their meme metal us miles better than cap's shitty shield. If you remember, they actually gave cap those two mini-shields to replace his in the last Avengers movie

He didn't catch Thanos offguard, Thanos literally used the Infinity Gauntlet to try to blast Stormbreaker out of the air and that shit cut through the power of the entire universe like a hot knife through butter.

It didnt split it, it only sent it to the bifrost