Fond memories of this movie as a kid

>fond memories of this movie as a kid
>it's actually terrible, even considerably worse than disney's robin hood

is this the worst disney animated movie?

Attached: 9780307129048-us[1].jpg (500x489, 46K)

All the 90s Disney films were terrible. The Lion King for instance is total non-sense, it just got a pass because people liked the score and didn't ask questions.

OI

Attached: 1556803101443.png (678x680, 609K)

true, never liked the Lion King. Mulan was greate though

:)

Attached: 1428738957376.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

You want bad? Watch Aritocats.

What the fuck are you talking about, lion king is literally just hamlet and it's actually great.

FANCY A SHAG M8

I liked Beauty and the Beast

I want to fuck quasimodo

OI
NOITE KING JUST HAVE THE FIRST SHAGGING OF ME LOIFE AND I SWEAR IN ME MAMA'S NAME IT WON BE THE LAST YA SEE

the 90s is when disney found/invented that faux 3D camera pan effect

you sound unwilling to let go

fucking hated that shit

It's been a time since I've seen it entire, but the opening sequence, the Hellfire scene and Frollo's death scene are still kino in themselves. Maybe it gets bad when everything is put together?

Attached: Hunchback.png (600x299, 128K)

Why is it terrible? I only remember the gargoyles being bad.

The only real similarity to Hamlet is that both have an evil uncle who wants a throne.
In fact, Hamlet is not as favourable a comparison as it would seem, as even amongst Shakespeare critics the play is notorious for what's called the "Hamlet problem", namely Hamlet's ambiguous motivation in delaying his revenge.
The Lion King ditches the madness and simply sends the hero into a self-imposed exile, despite Simba's motivation for believing himself responsible for his father's death being very weak and unclear.

You just summarized my feelings. I had good memories from some iconic moments, but watching it again now, the screenplay is absolutely terrible.

Hunchback of Notre Dame is unironically the Disney animated canon's largest pleb filter. Normalfags and cuck meme shitposters can never grasp the subtle nuances and masterful visual storytelling.

Music and villain were great though.

>the subtle nuances and masterful visual storytelling.
like what? enlighten us.

Basically this. A bunch of good scenes but it just doesn't come together when you sit and watch it. The serious themes were too serious I guess so they threw in some stupid scenes with the gargoyles being stupid. When you play these two elements against each other the whole thing comes off feeling all hodgepodge and mismatch. Just fast forward the stupid scenes and pay attention to the music and it's actually great. I mean, that frolo song is literally the best song disney ever made. And let's not forget the epic SANCTUARY! scene. Just too bad it doesn't work as a whole due to disney underestimating what a kid will understand or identify with, like they always do.