Why was he the bad guy again?

Attached: mpv-shot0006.jpg (1920x1080, 270K)

in the deleted scene we find out he was a cunny poster on Yea Forums

he was a reserved white guy

>if I gave my sims real world memories and fuck around that makes me a monster

anyone who says he was the bad guy is a fucking absolute moron

he didn't give them vaginas
what is even the point without vaginas

He wasn't a bad guy or good suy, just a stupid guy. His mistake was giving the sims the agency to know they were being fucked with and to fuck him over

He stole DNA from coworkers, and copied their minds somehow, all without permission.

Was he tough. I don't watch shit series, but isn't black mirror about technologies and it's possible dangers, including your creations "rebelling" against you.

If he acted out his fantasies in real life no one would care tbqh

Matt Damon was in Star Trek TOS?

Fatt Damon

He was playing in a private fantasy world of his own design that harmed and affected no one. Thought crime, thought rape, imaginary rape - Worse than Hitler

This. All this perfect setup for a legal rape dungeon and they don't have pussy.

He wasn't. Guy can do what he wants on his PC. No one was getting hurt.

He made the game. If he was the bad guy in it, that's because he made the game that way.

He didn't even fucked them. He was super pure.

It's not like he was using their DNA in any way that would actually harm/affect them.

Torturing people for not wanting to participate in your personal manchild fantasies after being kidnapped is something that good people don't do.

like the sims?

>people

He was the bad guy, i just couldn't hate him as much as the episode expected me too, since he could have done so much worse.

because of you, incel. :^)

They had mouths, even the men.

Virgin did wrongthink in his video games

>tfw incel took off but cake boy didn't despite my trying

Attached: 1556411896344.jpg (400x400, 25K)

The kid was just waving at them, he didn’t have to shoot him, and then take is tarantula

The kid was planning on using the tarantula to kill his father and take up the mantle of Man of the House so he could fuck his mom. Meth Damon saved him.

The thing that doesn't make sense is that they're literally AI constructs. We're meant to take them as real because they look human to us the viewer, but they're really fake.

Wait no shit? I missed that part

Because they can't let incels win, not in their imaginary world not in any way.

I think part of the point of the show is to parody the Star Trek fanbase. The show has high minded ideals, but the fannbase are often sociopathic nerds.

>You killed my imaginary son, because I'm an asshole who did everything scummy, but steal the business because I need you. So FUCK YOU!
Why was I supposed to sympathize with any of these people he put in his simulation?

Attached: 1553674796263.png (434x521, 43K)

Getting kinda sick of this shit. This and A.I. androids being slavery allegories is retarded. Why in the fuck would I want my appliance/sex toy to get depressed?

Attached: 1512073088880.jpg (560x744, 211K)

What is this even from? I always see it and assumed it was The Orville or Black Mirror or something. I don't watch tv shows.

>all these incels identifying with the guy

episode doesn't state he was the bad guy. It just states he was the bad guy from the sims perspective. Many black mirror episodes are ambigous. This episode can also be seen from his perspective - guy killed by computer programs.

>gets outwitted by a couple of lines of code.

How am I suppose to sympathize with this idiot?

The fact he didn't "rape" them is what makes it creepy.

For all you know your a sim so that’s way I can’t feel bad for the guy. We don’t know if these aI are Sentient but we don’t know if anyone of their them outsells are either so I just assume anything that smart would be.

hes a white man

He didn't give THEM vaginas. I'd keep my sex sim seperate from my fun sim. Kind of like being married but seeing whores

This guy is definitely one of my favorite Star Trek captains right after Zapp Brannigan

>Many black mirror episodes are ambigous
AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>It's not like he was using their DNA in any way that would actually harm/affect them.
>Yeah, I might have stolen every secret you have in the world, down to every message you have ever sent, or everything you have ever looked up online, but hey, I totally wouldnt use any of it to actually HARM you
>wh-what is privacy?

King of Space

If he didn´t do anything bad by torturing "just sims", then the sims did not do anything bad by pulling him into their world and leaving him for dead. I mean, he was just a sim, right?

just pirating your dna bro

because he's WYPIPO

As you can see by the previous responses some people think that him making them aware and then torturing them makes him a bad guy, and some people think that because they weren't human then who cares. None of that matters really. He created something with desire and it acted on those desires causing him to be trapped in the process.

The people who react with anger and complain about thought crimes are morons though. He wasn't punished for thinking bad things, he was just caught up in the digital clones desire to be free. Collateral damage. Also instead of working out his issues he chose to sperg out online like they do so the episode hit too close to home. They are constantly afraid their antics will one day get them in trouble, but they never change.

Except they fried his brain irl but they're sims so it's just death by invention

Because something something sapient life so special.

The only true flaw. Holy fucking shit the sex that should be happening.

why can't other episodes be as good as this?

Leaving them enough agency to know the hell they were trapped in was fine; he just should've shut it down when he wasn't around so they couldn't plot.

Wouldn’t even be good/fun sex as they entities where not interested.

We have different definitions of "good" and "fun".

Well, he did torture them, so yeah, he is evil. He probably gave them the middle fingers behind their backs, totally evil.

Instead of torturing people, maybe the main character should shut the fuck up and leave those people alone.

is dracarys the opposite of catharsis because that's exactly what i felt at the end of the episode

>people

Attached: 052615415415469.jpg (323x323, 15K)

His way of coping with his issues was to play within a literal fantasy world that he created. He wasn't even sperging out, he was just dealing with his anger and depression via a completely safe outlet. At the end of the day the AI wasn't real and didn't actually have any real thought processes, they wanted to be free because he created them to be that way...nothing they felt was actually theirs by their own design.

He was evil for not giving them genitals.

Why are so many of you convinced that they weren't sentient? And just as many of you insistent that they don't matter morally, even if they are sentient, because they aren't real humans? Imo if they were consciously aware and thinking on the level of real humans, that constitutes personhood, and torturing them is morally equivalent to torturing their real world counterparts.

Yeah no.
Even a materlized replican isn't a real human being and can be retired legally, given the blade runner setting. Those so called AIs are about a billion times less human than a replican.

>morality is dictated by the law
>by the law in a sci fi movie

Both being in sci-fi settings, one being simply the logical sequal of the other, how is this not reasonable again? Besides, morality is ultimately arbitrary, no conclusion will ever be made. Laws also imply morality, most of the time. Like stoning gays to death that's a good law.

This. Thinking is the worst thing one can do from the prespective of those who are currently on the top of society.

There's reason to examine your motivations if you torture digital beings

He was creating sentient beings for the sole purpose of hurting them. Explain how this is different from having a child just to harm it.

That's what God did to us though

Exactly! And kids who go on rampages on GTA are actual mass murderers too.

What if I create "fictional" characters based on actual, still living, people, then torture those "fictional" characters, does that make me evil? I mean computer hacking and spy equipment are available, so it should be easy.

What if the capitalist creators of GTA 5 don't like you and use your name for one of their characters as an inside joke?

Sounds like a pretty funny prank desu

That's for you to decide. Ask yourself "Why am I doing this? What do I get out of it?" Keep asking why until you arrive at the basic cause. This only works if you're completely honest with yourself though.

Ok, Jack

Violent urges are natural to all animals to various degrees, to mitigate socially destructive ways that can be expressed, it's reasonable to see how using a virtual space to release those urges and to receive oneself of the stress that brings that out is good.

>It can't be helped

No doubt it's preferable to real abuse, but you don't have to accept the behavior as unavoidable and thus refusing any sort of responsibility. Many people think expression is the best way of alleviating negative emotion, but this isn't true. The best way is to just let it be there, to feel it completely without resistance or judgement until the energy behind it is spent. It will unwind itself all on its own if you simply let it.

You go to the gym to get rid of work-related street, not torture sentient versions of your co-workers while you play their virtual god.

They deserved it

>you don't have to accept the behavior as unavoidable
You do when it's the case. Not everyone can just Zen out or whatever you're suggesting. If you think everyone who has ever acted sadistic towards a bunch of polygons needs help then you're delusional.

On the one hand everyone around him was extremely insufferable so it's no big surprise he copied them all into it, if anything he went pretty tame compared to what a real sick fuck would do. On the other hand though, the thought of someone putting you in a holodeck to be rammed by dragon ogre cocks all day as he furiously jerks off to it should be at least mildly disturbing or at least offputting to you, enough to contact some authority to deal with it.

>Not everyone can just Zen out or whatever you're suggesting

Why not? Most people have never even tried. People see themselves as hapless little creatures at the mercy of circumstance or fate or whatever, and it rarely occurs to anyone to take responsibility for what goes on inside of them. People think "I can't" or "It doesn't work" when they've never even tried. It's tragically comical because it really is that simple.

>bad guy

This and the last episode of the season where 100% made to grab and hold the normalfag audience.
Started with a big dumb and flashy episode and ended with the ~racial~ episode.
I know every company does that nowadays but I didn't think they would too.

Because everyone else lives in the real world where we understand biological truths that shape our psychology. Not everyone fits your mold of how a person could and should be. To force one universal method (based on some meditative or spiritual axis out of all things too)to a complex issue like violent/negative feelings is profoundly ignorant.

If I see someone "act sadistic towards a bunch of polygons" like hurt animals especially for entertainment I immediately get in their face or slap them out of it. I don't condone such disgusting shit and neither should you. I'm not a treehugger, hippie or vegan but it's unacceptable and if the parents aren't around then I'm the one doing the schooling.

This.

The whole episode is meta as fuck brainwashing AGAIN. Would we watch a story billed as the story of a female programmer who outsmarts her male CTO? Maybe but we definitely watched this Black Mirror episode and we accepted the plot of a superior female programmer. Touche Black Mirror.

Attached: 1556524262887.png (485x443, 57K)

Don't conflate polygons with living animals, it makes your position look dumb. There are millions of kids who beat to death hookers in GTA or tortured Sims characters or played some violent game and have no issues with real life violence.

He was able to create real life, then he tortured them, he is a bad guy, and so is the christian god

Here’s what I came away with: did they really fuck him over? Do they mention in the show he’ll somehow lose his mind if the game malfunctions or whatever? Remember it’s just a game, at some point his coworkers will come looking for him, family etc, and so does that mean they find him dead? Brain zapped? Or just ya know, stuck in the game. So take his little headset thing off or what have you and get him off of it

If made it so they retained no previous memories he would have been fine. But he gave them their memories for the sole purpose of like “getting back” at them or whatever.

This was by far the most stupid premise on entire Black Mirror.
Copying DNA does not copy personality or memories.

He didn't really talk to anybody so who knows when they would go looking for him. Could be a couple days, could be weeks.

That's a lot of words saying "It's bullshit because muh learnings tell me so." The only way to know either way is to actually try. The unwillingness to even consider it is a clue in itself. What is there to lose?
Start small, with say minor annoyances during the day and see what happens if you simply observe the emotion without reacting. Convincing yourself that it won't work beforehand because of "spiritual" associations or whatever isn't going to help.

I'm not gonna force anyone to drive under the speed limit in gta or that kind of thing. I am against pointless gratifying violence against others, especially animals. I'm not the kind of person to report someone for beating up minorities in a game, I'm the kind of person that will beat you senseless if you take joy from inflicting pain. There's a difference between a kid that shoots other players in a first person game and a kid that premeditates taking pleasure from mutilating an animal, virtual or not. My relatives up county own a farm and I've cut chicken, fish and deer. Virtual or not, it's absolutely digusting to show this kind of disrespect and take pleasure from it and they should be pulled aside and stopped immediately.

>This and A.I. androids being slavery allegories is retarded.
It's a preemptive move to ensure public opinion will be on their side when the sexbot ban comes down.

And that is a lot of words saying "just trust me lol". How about opening some contemporary literature on human psychology instead of felating yourself with your newage nonsense.

There is difference between the real world and a video game. Try wrapping your head around that first, before you bloviate anymore about your moral certitude.

"Just trust me" is exactly the opposite of what I said.

Shut Up and Dance was worse
>Haha the guy you sympathized with was actually a bad guy all along and it totally justifies what happened to him!
It was a shit White Bear

No one is going to waste their time on your self help guru shit.

This is true but work, he seemed to show up every day, shit on but still a man of habit who showed up. Also can’t you live without food or water for a while? I guess a week without water, so if somebody came looking for him in a week he would be ok? Granted he isent lobotomized at that point. I had the same thoughts about the end of Ex Machina, if that guy survived or not. Same conclusion, he was there on business and was scheduled to leave so shouldn’t his company get wind of this pretty fast? They lived, my man, they lived

I only watched the first like 5 minutes of this, but would he have gotten the girl if he had just beed himself instead of going beta uprising?

Now that I can't argue with.

It doesn't matter. Chems in the brain work the same way, virtual or not. If you sit in your room and actively premeditate torture, mutilation and take great joy and gratification from it you need to wrap your head around where your life has gone wrong. I wish there was a way to communicate this "morality" to others in a rational way but beating the shit out of such a person seems to be the only thing that gets them going. I am speaking from personal experience, there was a game that was very popular in my highschool Postal 2, and I didn't have a problem with most of the crap in it until I met a kid that did things that everyone was legit terrified of and one day I saw him boot up the game in the middle of class and shove a cat in the barrel of the gun and shout "this is so cool!". My dog had just died and I think that's why I smashed the chair in his face and shouted in his face that what he's doing is fucking sick. Ironic, he's a veterinarian now. I'm not saying you should beat the shit out of everyone who plays violent videogames, just the sickos that take pleasure from it.

Write a book about it and change the world for the better.

No wait you're gonna just keep shitposting like the rest of us.

>It doesn't matter. Chems in the brain work the same way, virtual or not.
People can tell the difference between the real world and video games, even based on reactions in the brain. You're entire point is false.

Stimuli is stimuli. The brain doesn't have a separate system for handling "fake reality"

It does by the very nature that video games are not reality. It's literally impossible to equivocate the two.

>literally NPC Uprising: The Episode

>People can tell the difference between the real world and video games
A child, all the way throughout to adulthood can't.
We live in a digital age where infants are already glued to phones and ipads, desensitizing themselves. It falls to the responsibility of the parents to educate their children on the repercussions of schadenfreude. It seems to me you are too enveloped in your stoicism that you seem to believe there is no real tangible evil in such behavior and you keep pushing the narrative that this is somehow a morality debate when I have been trying to communicate to you concepts that should be inherent to basic human nature. It doesn't take a philosopher to understand that taking joy from inflicting pain upon others, inanimate or alive, through proxy or not, is wrong. Sick. Twisted. Disgusting. Abhorrent. A the very least irrational and backward to the evolution from the reptilian brain to the consciousness we've developed today. Without this basic concept we would have no civilization, no mongolian basket weaving boards to shitpost on, we probably wouldn't even be fucking speaking, let alone writing.
So my friend, when you see a sick fuck making a shit eating grin doing this shit pull them aside and calmly educate them better, by force if necessary.

They make it a point that everyones going on Christmas break for 2 weeks so nobody will notice something is wrong until its way too late.

coldest boomer take
I've been playing mortal kombat and I'm not going to rip somebody's spine out anytime soon
the same goes for the majority, don't project your own psychosis on others

>A child, all the way throughout to adulthood can't.
Of course they can.
>somehow a morality debate
You're the only one making it a morality debate, at least in the philisophical sense. I make any prescriptive claims on the basis of utility. People work out their shit in different ways. People play violent games and even act like sadistic bastards doing it and end up fine. No one is interested in your high minded view on violent games lmao.

The only good info in this long-ass post is that the 'muh animals' fag is more unhinged than the edgelord playing Postal 2

>I'm not saying you should beat the shit out of everyone who plays violent videogames, just the sickos that take pleasure from it.
>If you sit in your room and actively premeditate torture, mutilation and take great joy and gratification from it
I've made myself very clear. The other downside of being glued to the screen from a young age is lack of an attention span or proper concentration at what others are communicating to you.
If you're desensitized from the shock value but take extreme gratification from this kind of activity you are in no position to claim what you will or won't do in a hypothetical scenario, especially in one where you will rely on your instinct rather than intellect like a confrontation with another person or a high stress situation of any kind. And it's not about what will you do? It's about can I afford being in the same room with a person like you at that moment? I'd rather not take that chance and beat the sick shit out of you right now, while I still have you in the act with your shit eating grin and while I still have the chance.

>People play violent games and even act like sadistic bastards doing it and end up fine.
It's called being a sociopath, not a sadist. I am against sadists. There is a very clear definite line here and I don't understand why there is such a contrarian response, I admit maybe smashing that chair was probably wrong choice to do and I am against violence in general but you can't communicate with sadists without power. It was weeks of communication and getting to know the guy before I beat the shit out of him. It's the only thing a person like that will understand.

What is more unhinged? Beating up some dumb kid who never had the proper parenting he deserved or being in the same room with a sick twisted fuck and not doing anything. And then asking yourself what ifs when the local cat disappears and is found mutilated behind the garage?