Infinity War vs Endgame

Which was better, Yea Forums?

And why is it Infinity War?

Attached: hs3rhpjvl7m21.jpg (1920x1468, 476K)

Infinity War felt more of a real movie with actual purpose that was meant to hold on it's own two legs.

Endgame felt more a movie that was made to celebrate the franchise legacy.

The one without time travel

Endgame was a fan service movie

Infinity War for sure. I loved endgame but it had a ton of padding that I thought distracted from it

Endgame felt like more of a sequel than infinity war.

IW is way better, Endgame fell kind of a letdown after it.

Infinity War definitely had better pacing.

They both sucked lmao get a life, have sex and learn to code

IW was pretty much a three hour long fight sequence. Endgame was a little more interesting to me as watching all these heroes deal with tragedy and failure in their own ways and not just flat out "LETS GET EM" was pretty surreal.
Also the final battle has been my fap material for about a week.

Tony didn't need to die though.

>infinity plotholes
>plotholes game
fuck off with your capeshit faggot

Attached: 1556598909633.jpg (306x306, 12K)

>Yea Forums's mentally ill "old = good, new = bad" thinking is so retarded that they do it even if it's one year apart

Infinity War big time, Endgame is the biggest pile of shit the MCU has made in history.

Infinity War. The MCU should have ended right here.

Attached: 1533765028778.jpg (1918x807, 150K)

Infinity War >>> Endgame
IW is the best movie in the whole MCU

It’s technically one movie

What a bunch of embarrassing faggots you all are. They’re both fucking garbage.

Endgame. I enjoyed it's focus on the Avengers more than IW, the time travel stuff, and the final battle.
IW really fucked Cap and Hulk badly.

Without having watched Endgame, Infinity War is unequivocally better

This, but there are some elements IW does better.

Infinity War had better isolated fights and a great villain protagonist, but aside from the cast on Titan and Thor's group, the rest felt like filler.

Endgame barely had a structure and the fights were decent but not amazing (save for Cap vs Thanos) but overall it had better character moments and I'm glad it ended on that note since it basically closes the book on Iron Man and Captain America.

Left

Endgame had the better action and character moments. Infinity War has more action, but most of it is not that great and I'd rather watch Thor/IM/CA vs Thanos than the Titan Fight.
Avengers HQ fight is also way better than Wakanda

this this this
thanos did nothing wrong

>Avengers HQ fight is also way better than Wakanda
This a thousand times. The free-for-all aspect of the Avenger HQ fight makes sense in context of how everyone just came together all at once. The Wakanda battle was garbage both in terms of sequence planning and with just how boring it was overall with very little stakes at play.

IW was overall a more solid movie from act to act. I personally preferred Endgame a bit better (lower lows but also higher highs imo).

Attached: 1529530373029.jpg (540x424, 18K)

It depends on how much you're willing to suspend you disbelief

Infinity War:
-Better pacing
-Better solo fights
-Only one or two scenes I'd skip on repeat watches
-Had the novelty of Guardians meeting Avengers
-Thor Quest was great

Endgame:
-Character driven
-Takes a while to pick up speed
-Entire movie is a set up for the third act in a bad way
-Final battle is worth it, didn't want it to end
-Satisfying conclusion

I'd say Endgame only because I'm a sucker for conclusions and massive final battles

Attached: 1555238636450.jpg (1920x843, 379K)

It's a comic book movie

they both suck

IW was more of movie but on repeat viewings, only the fights as well as Thanos and Thor's arc stood out. While I didn't enjoy Endgame as much at first, I'm actually starting to like it more now in retrospect with the amount of character work it had. Like you said, lower lows but the higher highs really made it for me.

Honestly, as far as conclusions to major movie franchises go, Endgame is probably as good as it's gonna get. I mean, at the end of the day Infinity War and Engame were made to be two halves of basically the same movie but i kinda admire Endgame for how it managed not to screw up on the home stretch. It's were most series stumble.

>aside from the cast on Titan and Thor's group, the rest felt like filler
This. I started doing a fan edit of the movie, and the first thing I cut was Scarlet Witch / Vision and a few of the slower scenes, until I realized I was actually making Doctor Strange 1.5 and trashed it.

I feel like IW is "more complete" as a movie mainly because of it's superior pacing in comparison to Endgame. But yeah I agree with you big time, IW doesn't have as much to offer in repeat viewings. I've only seen Endgame twice so far but got a lot out of it the second time around so I expect more of the same when I eventually make my way back to it. Also Endgame's emotional moments are fantastic, nothing quite on that level in IW.

There were no plotholes in Infinity War, "why didn't they just stick his arm in a portal" is not a plothole.

Endgame did have many plotholes though.

IW: 9/10
EndG: 8/10

Engame has a handful of irksome flaws. IW was cleaner. Both great.

Peepeepoopoo go watch your faggy french movies you drooling retard.

This. Endgame was a highlight reel and a sendoff to the old MCU while Infinity War actually had an interesting villain and story to tell.

>Better pacing
No fucking way. The pacing is the worst part of that movie.

Also

Attached: 1283130436394.jpg (764x461, 61K)

It's better than Endgame's pacing, which is much weaker.

I'd define good pacing as a movie that I wouldn't want to get up and take a leak and make a snack in the middle of. IW had less of those situations than Endgame.

This is far better than IW's blue beetle armor. Shame it had no proper suit up scene to fully showcase it.

Attached: mark85.jpg (1422x1000, 267K)

Endgame is them handing over the franchise to a new crew while sending off the ones who built the MCU.

That's not how you define shit. With that logic any non-action moment contributes to bad pacing

Agree. It had some heart, Endgame was a nostalgia wankfest and everything that happened after Tony’s funeral is utter trash.

A world without beautiful Peter isn’t worth living in.

The god-awful photoshop job on Iron Man's head in the Infinity War cover will never not crack me up. What a fucking joke.

It's nanotech so suit up is probably the same as Infinity War. Agreed though I like this one better than IW, it looked to be based off pic related.

Attached: Anthony_Stark_%28Earth-616%29_with_Iron_Man_Armor_MK_V_from_Iron_Man_Vol_1_85_001.jpg (180x315, 28K)

Besides for Thanos I wouldn't say IW had heart.
Endgames entire first act is full of heart and actual character moments where they use visual storytelling

>and everything that happened after Tony’s funeral is utter trash

So your basically just butthurt Sam is Cap then?

Thanos is a crappy villain in End Game, hes basically a forgettable overpowered DC villain who wants to destroy everything for no reason

If you separate Infinity War from End Game, you can see how meh EG is outside of fan service

It's clearly has the color sheme of pic related. But Mark 85 is clearly more mechanical aesthetic instead of the alien wavy lines he had in IW. Also Mark 85 brings back the shutting face guard, a proper suit up scene would've been so good.

It is. The movie suit designated as the Mark 85 as a tribute to the year that armor debuted (1985).

most of IW had scenes which directly contributed to the overall plot. Endgame has too many scenes scattered about which only serve as filler/fanservice which while novel for some fans (which I dont particularly consider myself a marvel fan) tend to dampen the atmosphere of urgency and high stakes.
Both feature comedy but Endgame’s was faaaaaaaar too hit and miss (Hulk dabbing, Thor playing fortnite). Even though the fact that Thor being fat could maybe be argued that it is part of his development of his character, it felt tiresome.
Endgame’s final huge battle is great for spectacle but it was all just so unfocused. IW had split groups and we got more interaction and tight-knit choreography compared to Endgame in which only a select few got a chance to shine.
Overall I’d say IW’s pacing was much better than Endgame’s.

For me the worst thing about Endgame was Thanos being behind in time so he had no recollection of his fights with everyone. They really ruined him.

He goes from being a farmer who's already spent and done to being someone wo didn't do anything yet wants to stop the Avengers from stopping his alt-verse version from doing it in the future.

It's stupid, really.

I dunno why people say thee final battle is better in End Game, Thor's entrance had the whole movie built around it, the pay off felt earned & not a cheap deus ex machina, while Captain Marvel just comes out of no where & turns the tide, pretty much no one clapped for this while people went crazy for Thor

Off the top of my head

IW's Highest Highs:
-Thor arriving in Wakanda
-The entire sequence on Titan
-Doctor Strange carrying the team
IW's Lowest Lows:
-Thanos/Gamora scenes kill the pacing, even though they're necessary
-Wanda and Vision is nearly skipable
-Captain Man does almost nothing but stand around doing the CIA pose

EG Highest Highs:
-Final fight set up and execution
-Any scene with Paul Rudd is entertaining
-Ruffalo made up for erectile dysfunction Banner
-The score is fantastic
-Expectations subverted 15 minutes in
EG Lowest Lows:
-Narrative starts at a crawl once Thanos dies
-Acts 1 and 2 forced Act 3 to be smaler
-Captain Deus Ex Machina, and aside from her, strongest heroes were nerfed

I thought the same at first, but thinking back on it, I don't mind the attitude Thanos takes up in Endgame. Specifically, knowing his future confirms in his mind that him and his victory is a constant across all branches of reality and he feels all the more vindicated for it ("I am inevitable").

Understandably he's arrogant and angry towards those that he feels are ungrateful for what he's already inevitably set to accomplish.

Damn that's neato, no wonder there's a huge jump between suit numbers (50 to 85).

>that interaction with scarlet witch
Drove the point right home right there. My biggest gripe with the movie as well since why care about 2014 thanos if he's not the one that caused the snap?

Attached: smh tbh.jpg (579x576, 68K)

It's laughable how hard Strange could solo Thanos with no stones. I felt like they could have written it better as to why he didn't.

Why does no one ever bring up that the ENTIRE PLOT of Endgame is one huge contrivance. Literally everything that kickstarts the time-travelling bullshit only happens because a rat stepped on the right button and somehow in a matter of a single night (or a week? a month?) Tony just “figures out” time travel. Like nigga you build suits you dont know shit about time travel, it’s a whole other ballpark to AI and engineering.

I don't think he was as ruined as people say. It's a cool twist and makes a lot of sense. It would have been harder to justify 2018 Thanos coming back to kill everyone

+final battle was okay
+not much captain marvel
+some of the fanservice and nostalgia was nice

-Overall movie was a huge clusterfuck, too many characters and too much shit going on
-stark shouldn't have died, out of all of them he deserved a happy ending
-that cringe as fuck girl power moment
-fat thor
-scarlet witch basically able to stop thanos on her own

For me IW was a shitload better, simply because the action was better and thanos actually felt like a threat

Yeah, I'd say IW felt more like an "MCU" movie with it's focus on the Guardians and Strange, but I like the base Avengers better.
I fucking love that suit. Best Iron Man suit since phase 1.

Attached: 35b957a5eae33999b557e14fc47d4a2f.jpg (456x1000, 42K)

IW by far. Endgame was alright but it was basically just undoing and rehashing the first movie.

Thing is, in the final Endgame battle, they could have won without Captain Mary Sue. They were pretty much winning. Dozen different ways the existing characters could have taken down the ship.

Nicely done

FPBP

Scarlet Witch is suppose to be pretty overpowered though, which makes Carol even more pointless when Wanda could just fuck Thanos up herself

Infinity War was better any maybe the best of them all
Endgame was solid but more of a companion piece

I wonder if that would have been apart of the 3-act structure fight they talked about, and the cuts made them bring her back to take it down faster

It should have been Wakandan ships/GOTG that took it down, could have had a cool space battle, maybe James Gunn could have directed it?

But nah just get Carol to blow it up

I don't know why it came down to a rat doing things when Janet literally said "time vortex" in Ant Man and Wasp.
>Scott falls into one
>appears in the future
Easy

Wanda v Cap Mary Sue
Who wins?

>Besides for Thanos I wouldn't say IW had heart.
Thanos was the best part of the movie and had the most screentime. The movie's good from start to finish, not just the first act.

Endgame because I never felt so hyped while watching a movie, Infinity War while it was very well paced and had a tight plot it really felt like the first half of a movie

I definitely see it as a way to cut 5-10 minutes out of the runtime

It would have been a nice callback to GotG 1 where they took down Ronan's ship. But that would have taken away from it being an OG Avengers movie. Still wouldn't have minded.

That's what I mean. I didn't like it at first, but having had time to think, I actually like the direction they went with. IW Thanos gets a complete character arc that leaves him more solemn, but then Endgame Thanos finds out about his future and those still struggling against him and undergoes a different arc of his own.

No, he was pissed that they reversed his plan and so he was like "fine, you ungrateful fucks, since you don't want to accept this then I'm just gonna snap all you fuckers out of existence and start from scratch so nobody remembers", and he fought to kill.

they're both powered by Infinity Stone. I hope when that happens SW just tears Captain Cunt into pieces.

Never saw the Ant man movie but regardless I think that bringing time travel and alt universes into the MCU is a horrible idea. Imagine from here on out any huge dilemma (eg. an invasion) or failure (eg. mass dusting) can just be undone (or at very least influenced to gain an advantage) by use of that fucking machine. From here on out all stakes are brought lower than the fucking floor and all danger is illegitimised.

meant for

They were never going to top Strange v Thanos and Iron Man v Thanos.
Instead you got the obligatory massive grunt army and too much shit going on.

I actually liked his "fuck this shit, you're all dead" mind change. It added to the Shit Just Got Real factor.

Agree. There is nothing wrong with endgame being a big fan service send off all things considered. Nitpicking aside, it’s weak 2nd act and rushed 3rd act make it a weaker movie compared to Infinity War.

Cap vs Thanos was pretty close, but the final battle becoming more of a chase for the gauntlet inevitably neutered the individual standoffs into a series of tug of wars.

Then why did I pay twice to see all of it?

Ironically, I've seen people who didn't like IW Thanos actually treat him more seriously exactly because of the change in mind he has in Endgame.

Rogue

Bruh cap america shaving was the biggest misstep of this flawed movie. Probably thanks to Chris Evans, the character already looks like he’s got one foot in boomer territory with a puffier face which might’ve been hidden by that beautiful beard. Also doesn’t help that they put him in oversized golfer button-up shirts the entire film.
I thought they filmed this directly after IW? Why does the character look so different?

Attached: 06563DC0-3297-4B8B-A965-1BB6C26C5FE5.jpg (640x640, 76K)

They had opportunities to have individuals shine, for example they could have groups of Avengers fighting a Black Order as a miniboss fight It would've been cool to see how the fights play out and letting individuals and groups shine.

I think they were too scared of having a long run time.

Agreed. Also despite bringing all the dusted characters back there were a surprisingly low amount of interaction and teamwork between all the characters, only a select few.
I’m particularly mad that Bucky has all but 1 line in the entire film, and that they seeme to have made such little use of Dr strange.

They had that in IW, another reason it's a better movie

>capeshit

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (640x420, 2.76M)

That’s not a plot hole nigger. Weak writing, yes, plot hole, no.
But I agree Tony figured it out way too fast but it can be explained away that Ant Man told him the building blocks, Tony “just” put them together.

I was actually pleasantly surprised that they had Scott actually be the one to introduce and explain the concept to everyone. Tony may have fine tuned it to make it work sure, but the idea and learned experience behind it all came from Scott's adventures in Ant-Man 1 & 2.

>Me like big dum battle pew pew it's so dense every single image has so many things going on
Brainlet. Best part of the movie was the 3v1 fight right before that

>expecting a lot of interaction between the various characters in the final fight and fun and surprising team ups
>everything was so rushed there was no time for it
Biggest letdown of the movie.

I wonder if enough material exists for an extended edition.

>posting worst girl

Cap, Thor, Stark vs Thanos was the best part of the whole movie. I wouldn’t have minded if that fight had been longer.

I just watched both, watched EG in theater then watched IW at home, and Infinity War is vastly superior. Clearly better.

I'm not saying Endgame is bad, I really enjoyed it. But IW is better in every way.

no

IW is framed around Thanos being in the right and as such feels different and unique compared to the standard superhero movie.

Endgame is pretty much Age of Ultron on steroids, albeit better written.

wasnt that the point? Death being his happy ending?

This, although the fact that Thanos can even stand up to Thor let alone all three of them at once seems a bit retarded. I guess Thor is weaker because he turned into a fatso so whatever.

Was there anything important with Loki grabbing the tesseract and disappearing in the Avengers 1 time line? (if it was the avengers 1)

they could have had sam becoming cap without that cringey scene, I would've preferred captain america just disappearing and then you see sam later on and you see steve rogers in his own time, they didn't need to hit you over the head with it

>even watching it in the first place
capeshitter pleb

My only 2 complaints about Endgame were:

1) Bucky should have gotten the shield/mantle of Captain America. Falcon should have stayed as Falcon.

2) The Thor nerfs were retarded. Thor was stronger than Thanos + all the infinity stones in Infinity War once he had Stormbreaker, so why the fuck did he struggle with Thanos without the stones?

Other than that Endgame is probably my 3rd favorite MCU movie behind Thor Ragnarok and Winter Soldier.

Attached: pepe4.jpg (403x392, 20K)

Maybe it's because I've been waiting on this moment for 10 years, but seeing Cap with Mjolnir felt so cathartic. Both his and Stark's arc's wrapped up well, imo.

Correct. Endgame was fan service, celebration, culmination, send off while Infinity War has an actual narrative to tell and is more solid as a film.

However, that scene with the Dr. Strange portals with all the good guy armies pouring in beats Thor's arrival in Wakanda in IW.

I went into Endgame with zero hype and I can confirm it won't age well. I give it 8 months before people come around and realize what a boring, meandering, fan-service filled, zero substance snooze fest. The last battle was an ugly CGI vomit and tiresome. Plot was predictable and it ended by restoring the status quo setting up a clean slate for the super obvious phase 4.

6/10. Capeshit.

>Bucky should be new Cap

Barnes is known internationally to have done countless assassinations in the service of HYDRA. Some of those could have been against the US. News reports say he was in charge of the bombing that killed Black Panther's dad among others. He can't be the icon known as Captain America even if the authorities say he was brainwashed. Who knows, Bucky may also do what Cap did because wasn't he also frozen countless times.

>Thor's nerfs

Yes, what the fuck was up with the depowering. He got his ass kicked numerous times in the final battle but was the strongest in Infinity War. He even wielded two powerful weapons here. Maybe it was the weight gain

>missed the entire plot point post civil war where Steve is wanted because he aided Bucky
and it didn't stop him from being Cap

It literally did though. He gave up being Captain America during Civil War's climax, he didn't take the mantle back until Endgame.

He wasn't Captain America anymore in Infinity War. Widow, Falcon and he were fugitives and they saved Scarlet Witch, Vision's asses in Scotland

>Need a hand?
>I like this one.
>You better not throw up on my ship!
>There. I aimed for the head.
>Remember me? Ant-man! We fought at the airport!
>No, not like back to the future... okay, yes. Just like back to the future.
>I'm ant-man, do you want my autograph? Oh, I see. I'm not as great as the hulk is that it?
>Watch out for the idiot eating tacos in the landing zone.
>I think I pooped my pants, but I don't know if it was baby me or old me or meme.
>Tell noobmaster69, I'll come to his basement and shove his arms up his ass.
>Come on, Thor! We need you... ... we have beer on the ship.
>Easy there, Lebowski.
>I think you look great, Cap! As far as I'm aware, that's america's ass.
>HULK HATE THE STAIRS!
>Hail Hydra.
>That IS america's ass.
>Thank you for all you've done... for this country.
>Weird beard.
>So he's an idiot.
>Haven't you seen indian jones?! There are always traps!
>*slap*
>I can do this, I can do this... I can't do this!
>I can do this all day.
>No no no, I take the big one, you take the small one!
>The first time didn't hit! The second time hit them both!
>It was either him or a tree...
>Yeah? Well, I am... Iron man.
>You like cheeseburgers? I'm gonna give you all the cheeseburgers you want.
>Yeah, of course you're in charge! Hahahah! ... Of course.

Endgame is a fucking embarrassment.

He was still Captain America, he just didn't have his shield and was in hiding.

good post

although
>hail hydra
was pretty good

is winter soldier the best marvel movie ever made?
yes

i agree with whoever said higher highs and lower lows in this movie. but man the black widow death scene was so shit. they had to turn that into an action scene? completely deflated the tension for me. and also every single quip was utterly shit.

>avengers assemble
>i am iron man
>she's got help
all made my skin crawl. i didn't buy any aspect of gwyneth paltrow in this movie

Dubs confirm it

Logan > Dark Knight > Spiderman 2 > Winter Soldier > Hellboy

Avengers assemble was ok. Go signal for attack

I am iron man, yeah, unnecessary

She's got help. The absolute fucking worst. Suddenly, Mantis, Gamora, Wasp, Shuri, Scarlet Witch appear. Valkryie and Rescue were helping spiderman so it makes sense they were near him

Endgame was fucking shit compared to infinity war

Attached: 57d08f521700000233c78495.jpg (960x1440, 411K)

"she's got help" could've been okay if it was like four of them but when the camera panned to show these eleven characters I burst out laughing

I didn't think it was terrible but the thing I wasn't so enthused about was how getting the soul stone was almost the exact same pacing and shots as Infinity War, even the music was the same.

All the magic Asian guy had to do was open a portal on Thanos' head and cut it off. No gauntlet to protect him.
Fat Thor was a disaster.
Thanos went from a kino villain to a generic 'big angry boss with an army'
Also
>I'm inevitable Mr Anderson

Top 5 cape kino :

1. Suicide Squad
2. Green Lantern
3. Thor Dark World
4. Batman and Robin
5. Dawn of Justice

>Come out of IW thinking, Wow, they actually pulled it off'
>Come out of Endgame thinking Greatest Hits was kind of amusing, but movie didn't get really good 'til near the end
>This clearly means IW was better
>Internet doofus thinks IW is only preferred because it's older

Technically the first half was a fair bit better than the second.

I legitimately cringed when all le strong women teamed together. Tumblr fanfiction tier writing. And the fact the two black panther women ran towards the army with spears is almost as bad as Black Widow fighting aliens with handguns.

Goop my nigga

6/10
>Thor was shit and stupidly underpowered
>Thanos should have had more involvement and not been a past version
>Too much Nebula
>Not enough Strange
>Captain Marvel absolutely pointless

>people ITT complaining about CGI
You're right. They should have built an actual Avengers compound, nuked it from orbit, and then torn open holes in space to bring in a bunch of wizards and aliens.

Because it had more Spiderman and Dr. Strange, aka the best characters

I did too. Normally I stay away from /pol/ shit but the pandering was so blatant I was completely taken out of the moment.

>too much Nebula
do your parents know you're gay

Where? I don't think a single person has mentioned CGI

The only reason he was even able to stood up against them was the sword

Attached: thanos-weapon-endgame-1554120208.jpg (480x703, 64K)

1. Infinity War had better pacing. Even with the various sidebars like making Stormbreaker and getting the stone off Vision, it didn't feel like the story slowed down much. Endgame spent a lot of time setting up time travel, having Tony meet his father, having Thor meet his mother, having past-Thanos and past-Nebula figure out what was going on. These weren't even necessarily bad moments, but the momentum suffered for it.

2. Infinity War had the better Thanos. Throughout the first movie he was portrayed as a reluctant and progressively more sympathetic villain. It was difficult having that Thanos die in the first 20 minutes of Endgame and be replaced by what legitimately felt like a less-developed character.

3. Having Thanos win at the end of Infinity War was genuinely cool and interesting, and it was always going to be difficult to come up with a satisfying way to undo that.

4. Time-travel is a weak plot device in general.

Endgame was still good.

infinity war, it doesn't make sense to kill thanos then fight another thanos just because muh nebula, also the second thanos doesn't feel as personal as the first idk...
They should've used quantum shit + dr strange sending the stone to the past to get someshit that would allow them to beat him, the real thanos, with the broken gauntlet that would allow him to only use one stone at a time. no wakanda foreva shit battle, just based duel, then take his gauntlet and imprison him somewhere he can't escape... his death (start of the movie) felt more tragic than black widow's or tony stark's.

I mean originally these two movies were just Infinity War part 1 and 2. The same story that took up way too much time and had to be cut. That is to say, if you were to make a super cut of both films and just cut out the title sequences, make minor adjustments to make the connections more seamless then you would have a more accurate viewing of the whole story that would be much more satisfying to watch.

Of course that would be like a 5 to 6 hour long movie.

Attached: Skaar.jpg (770x577, 151K)

Endgame was a highlight reel and ode to the series. It wasn't a good standalone movie if you take that out.

Anyone notice Thanos' personality shift in Endgame? He went from "calm serene guy that knows he's doing fucked up shit but for the good of the universe" to "lol stereotypical gonna destroy the planet cuz ur annoying"

see

I don't get all these people saying IW had better pacing, when it was rushed as fuck. Most characters have the time to say like three lines before the scene changes yet again and baddies jump from behind the corner.

Engdame did it all better, taking its time to deliver the story the directors wanted. The only downside was that it really is fucking over now.

So, the majority of this movie spends it time establishing that
>Time Travel doesn't work like in Back To The Future
>Going back in time is more like going to an alternate timeline, your personal past cannot be changed

They then proceed to pull "Old Man Cap" which doesn't make a single fucking line of sense based on what they've been trying to establish as time travel rules.

Endgame sucked for the same reasons the SW prequels sucked. We knew the ending.

Anyone else get some major “hey kid wanna /ss/“ vibes from when Captain Marvel was talking to Spidey or was that just me

He went to an alternate timeline and then came back to the prime one at an undisclosed point.

Plus Loki snatching the tesseract, which should have prevented any of the post-Avengers events from ever taking place but was never addressed.

nigger he just saw that some fags in the future took his head off, of course we went mad

Before they do the first real time travel test they discuss this and state how going back to the past in the prime universe is not possible.

You're describing a Thanos who knew he'd lost and was on the verge of losing AGAIN versus a Thanos who had everything going his way. They're the same character just at different points in their timeline.

That's right, which is why he went to the past in an alternate universe and then came back to ours.

Both stupid capeshits but Infinity War was more memorable.

Ah, I understand what you're saying now.

The whole point was that there are no alternative universes/timelines, but a single continuum, which you can't change after it's happened.

Better doesn't mean good. Both swap from scene to scene that you run the risk of getting whiplash but there was a lot less of it in IW.

If I gave Infinity war a 92
End game gets an 80, maybe even a 77
Multiple huge mistakes in decision making (thor, hulk)
Big miss on utilization of 3 hours.

>IW has bad pacing
IW's pacing is one of the best parts of the movie.
its a 2 and a half hour movie that goes by in a breeze, is rewatchable, and hardly has Any wasted time in the movie other than Guardians shit.

It kinda makes sense. The Thanos in endgame is from 2014. He wasn’t the one who snapped, he didn’t sacrifice his daughter, he wasn’t the same humbled Thanos we saw during IW or at the beginning of Endgame.

That’s kind of funny actually. I think they dated briefly in the comics.

there's a 4 year difference between both Thanos
in the meantime he got wiser and also he loses all his beloved on IW

I hated what they did to Thor, but I still mostly laughed at his scenes.

Weird feeling

There's something enjoyable about Boomer Thor

Wouldn't he appear out of the machine then (albeit as an old man but still) and not on a random bench?

Havent't seen any of them but I guess it's because it's shorter and you suffered less

Isn't that the same armour as in original Secret Wars (1984) and earlier?

>but was never addressed.
The movie explained that would create a new alternate timeline. That's what happened.

Kys

I concur.

Infinity War > Avengers > Age of Ultron > Endgame
prove me wrong: protip you can't

infinity war over endgame.
endgame's 3rd act ruins the movie.
have the og 5 (clint or natasha dead from vormir) fight thanos and as thor (not hulk) snaps and brings everyone back, hulk beats thanos and restrains him while tony stabs thanos with his own sword, cap would die as a sacrifice to save tony from the same sword tony would later use as revenge to kill thanos. this way you focus on the og rather than have a clusterfuck battle of likeable characters being reduced to battle extras and you avoid the nonesense with steve's time travel if he's dead. plus thor would then redeem himself for allowing thanos the time to snap in infinity war and tony would still be the 1 in 14 million reason why thanos is beaten (ala doctor strange) but he has no real reason to die i feel. plus hulk would finally redeem himself after the whooping in infinity war and captain op wouldn't come in and introduce her pis powers. lastly, if you leave the snap until as thanos is killed, it provides the stakes that at until you beat him, the 50% dusted aren't yet saved and back alive

based agent smith

Why did my pp get hard when Carol asked Spider-Man if he had something for her

Endgame had me checking my watch multiple times. Such a borefest.

IW had actual memes

he was too reasonable in IW and that upsets the GA

Idk I guess they could explain the thor part with him being fat and not as strong

Infinity War was focused on a singular character, Thanos, struggling through literally everything thrown at him until finally reaching his goal in the end. Everything in Infinity War is an obstacle to its main character than he must suffer through and overcome, and it actually builds up a strong protagonist from it all the way to the ending. While it followed lots of different groups of characters, they were all contributing to that one central plot of stopping Thanos.

Endgame is more like a spattering of things. First trying to follow each character dealing with the loss of billions, then trying to get the band back together, then going to three mini separate plots stealing heisting the stones, then stopping 2014 Thanos, with no one central unifying character really.

Honestly, their biggest mistake was killing off their developed Thanos and bringing back 2014 cartoon villain "do my bidding reeee" Thanos.

Attached: soyboy-smile.jpg (1280x960, 174K)

>Anyone notice Thanos' personality shift in Endgame? He went from "calm serene guy that knows he's doing fucked up shit but for the good of the universe" to "lol stereotypical gonna destroy the planet cuz ur annoying"

That's because that's literally what Thanos was like from 2012 up to IW. He was the generic, characterless, big bad guy sitting on a throne in the shadows getting minions and cronies to do everything for him an being all threatening and hurting and killing his underlings and blah bah blah.

The Thanos we got in Infinity War went through essentially a weird version of a hero's journey where he was at first that 2012-2018 Thanos but now taking matters into his own hands. He had a mission to collect the McGuffin's, starting off cocky and arrogant, then having to undergo sacrifice and struggle to achieve his goals, having to make a difficult choice. In the end he has more humility and quiet, still gloating in some ways like telling Thor he should have gone for the head, but also not interesting in wanton killing. Each one of the Avengers he takes down non-lethally in his way, and even commiserates with Wanda on her loss of Vision. Then in the end he returns home after completing his journey a wiser and more experienced character who's had loss in his life but persevered through to his ends against all odds.

Not only did he not die, there's legit no reason for him to stay dead. That's how badly the Russos broke time travel. The mechanics they set up to half-ass this sequel make it possible to "borrow" someone from the past, dupe them with time travel, then return the original to where you got them.

Great fucking writing.

>need to die

Infinity War was better because it was shorter and had a much tighter script.

Endgame Thanos not being the same one as in Infinity War took a lot of the emotional weight out of the whole thing and is probably my biggest reason for preferring Infinity War.

Nebula should be much bigger on the EG cover, considering how much focus she gets.

Endgame had some good concepts (fat thor, Cap and mjolnir), but it's a long damn mess. I rewatched it twice and was unbearably bored.
Infinity War is a easier watch, but still feels flat compared to Thor Ragnorok.
Yeah I'm done paying for movies.

Infinity War is much tighter, Endgame's middle seems endless.

Thanos goes back into being a forgettable Marvel villain in Endgame whereas he was the best character in Infinity War.

Endgame has a few moments and Tony meeting his dad and playing with his daughter were all great but I think he was the only one that got moments good like those. Edgy Hawkeye felt flat, Black Widow's sacrifice wasn't really felt, Thor was pathetic in a bad way and the only one that came close to being good was surprisingly Nebula.

So IW is better in the end.

After she missed her jump with Rhodes due to being incapacitated from Thanos accessing current Nebulas memories, she was able to get back up. But what she did was try to call the Avengers back on earth from Quills ship. Why didn't she just travel back to the future since it didn't matter when you did it.

Why was she so retarded?

Attached: Nebula.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Infinity War was far better. Using time travel and reverting Thanos back to a much less developed and more generic bad guy was pretty much the Russo's throwing their hands up and admitting that they had no idea where else they could go with the IW Thanos.

For the same reason Quill acted stupid when they were almost taking off the gauntlet from Thanos in IW: the plot needed to go somewhere so they forced it.

>Hello there, 15yo boy. I'm going to say something sexually suggestive to you in spite of being 40 years your senior because double standards are awesome.

I love how you can tell how the guy on the right is just not really into it.

They could have easily made a scene of Thanos saying "Bring her to me"

They never even showed how Thanos got her anyway. She went from Calling for help to being on his ship. That scene just makes her look really stupid. There was a way easier way of moving that part of the plot along.

based aqua poster

Stay mad Aquakeks

Attached: 1556530227675.gif (330x620, 774K)

notice how i never used the term “plot hole” but instead wrote “contrivance”? Which is accurate.
kys you daft cunt.