How is she so good lads? By far the most interesting parts of the movie, plot wise

How is she so good lads? By far the most interesting parts of the movie, plot wise.

Attached: Avengers-Infinity-War-Ancient-One-1000x600.jpg (1000x600, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zXavNm6y8OE?t=144
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-513967/Tilda-Swinton-Her-toyboy-elderly-lover-intriguing-m-nage-trois.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

agreed

i was happy to see her again

>she

She ensured that the internal logic of the film didn't become a complete fucking mess without it feeling overly expository. Her 3 minutes of screentime are among the most important in the film.

Tilda Swinton

>b-but Strange told us to do it!
>shit negro, that's all you had to say
For a while I thought Hulk was gonna wake up while she's talking with Banner

Kronika's evil must be stopped

Can't believe people lost their shit and accused whitewashing when she was casted for Doctor Strange. She made the character far more insteresting than any chink could have.

so was she using the time stone all the time during her time.
i thought the point in the dr. strange movie was that the time stone is too powerful/dangerous to use until dr. strange came along ad said fuck it.
defending natural law etc.

Ok, I fucking lost it at this

I prefer the term "gook cleansing"

I prefer the term Hiroshimed as a parrarel to the horrific event called Holocaust

Unfortunate that Strange didn't seem to know how to use that disembodied soul trick on Thanos.

>Unfortunate he didnt use the time stone on thanos
>unfortunate he didnt teleport thanos into the sun
>unfortunate he didnt find another way to beat thanos in the 14 million paths he saw, that didnt involve waiting 5 years for time travel to be invented

is she snoke

Swinton and Redford are top tier marvel characters

Attached: ap.jpg (640x427, 35K)

Actually...

The real villain was Tony

Thanos only wanted to wipe half of life

Tony on the other hand with the Gauntlet, would pretty much wipe out any non-human being on the universe to protect the earth, and then he would kill any human that would be a threat to others or his order, basically become a full blown dictator

Doctor Strange saw 14,000,605 futures, with several thousands on which Thanos died before he could snap, but only 1 where both Thanos and Tony died

So he made Tony believe he had to sacrifice himself in order to save the universe, which was correct, but not form Thanos, but form himself

That's why Strange didn't use the time stone after Tony snapped save him from dying just like Thanos did when Vision got blown up

>Ancient One being based her four minutes.
>also Strange being based without even appearing.

Well, I guess I will rewatch Doctor Strange now.

How can even dc compete

She's with Agamotto now.

Attached: agamotto.jpg (600x337, 71K)

I like this theory because it's all set up in Age of Ultron.

Do you want a cookie?

Is her character barefoot in the movie? If so I might actually see this wreck just for a glimpse of her Tilda tootsies and Swinton soles

Affirmative action

Thought the Supreme Sorceress segment was great.

First thing I thought of

sounds like you missed part of the film. the villain in doctor strange was pissed because she was lying to all of them. thats why they stole the book in the beginning, to learn how she was using time/dormamu and whatever to become immortal

That's a pretty good theory, considering the way he talks to Cap in the beginning of Endgame during his mental breakdown. He sincerely believes in protection>freedom. I bet he would be a good addition to Hydra

>>b-but Strange told us to do it!
>>shit negro, that's all you had to say

Attached: 1555848147141.png (600x580, 568K)

no.
she was drawing power from the dark dimension thats why the black wizard got pissed but she did not use the time stone

>god tier character stories for both in infinity war
>shat on in endgame
bravo r&r

Attached: wasting my last braincell ''''quibbling'''' with tolkien.jpg (645x729, 124K)

Tilda Swinton is such a great actor i love her

im talkin about kaecilius, mads mikkelsen

I was thinking the same thing, seeing a wizard vs unchained hulk would have been mad fun

Ironically, she was whitewashed to appease the Chinese.

Yeah. She spends a full 20 minutes just straight naked without a care in the world.

Legitimately good headcanon

I must consult with the elder gods

One Punch Man is OP

>b-but Strange told us to do it!
That's what I was thinking. The Hulk literally could've said "Dr Strange's last words were for you to give us the stone".

Actual fucking KINO if this is real. Damn

what?

The magic in Dr Strange was so shit. Fucking sword and shield fights. At least Infinity war redeemed Dr Strange

I like this. hope they set up a new Age of Ultron, for real this time. Not a mere week.

isn't there some villain in the comics that is actually tony stark from another universe or some shit?

that would be pure kino

Should’ve made her a black voodoo priestess like Calypso. Way more believable than an anglo. Anglos have 0 connection to the esoteric outside of stories about the holy grail and Prestor John they stole from Byzantium.

I hope she comes back in the Dr. Strange sequel. Swinton is too good to just kill off.

Love her. So shocked to see her again

This. It honestly makes sense. It would've seemed more racist to cast some old Asian dude.

Don't forget Strange said to Tony 'If I tell you it will not happen'.

That was a huge clue.

this

NYC has a population of 8 million people
If half disappear that's still 4 million people

Why do all the cities look nearly abandoned like it's The Walking Dead?

Because the remaining people have jobs.

did you guys know that irl she's married to the smug looking elf from LOTR, you know the one in the reaction image that got posted a lot in the past

here we go
lmao what a fucking guy

Attached: bWVkaWFJZDoxMzUxMDAxODE.png (876x620, 817K)

meanwhile mordo was originally a white guy and they made him black

>>b-but Strange told us to do it!
>>shit negro, that's all you had to say

Attached: fe125582.jpg (252x240, 8K)

She used to fuck 14 year old rent boys with Derek Jarman.

based.

Its funny. She is one of the only few people that actually really acted in the show. She, Cap A., Black P., Iron Mans Wife/Daughter, Peter P. and Benny Cumberditch.

Russio and Brie were the worst.

I'm gonna need a sauce on that one, pal
>black panther
sure, if you consider being a wodden action figure acting

>Imyplimg you can get your soul ripped with the soul stone
>Implying you can get teleaborted while having the space stone

/SS/pectacular

Anyone else get some major “hey kid wanna /ss/“ vibes from when Captain Marvel was talking to Peter

what would happen now that the time stone is rekt on our timeline if dormamu decides to come back? how will strange come to bargain?

no, she was just being friendly to the scared kid

She's not Anglo, she's Celtic

All I’m saying is that there was a comic where Mrs. Marvel and Spider-Man
went on a date

Holy shit

Attached: 1555350865719.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

Red Skull?

Oh shit you’re right actually. I fully retract my statement then, unironically. I respect celts.

no it wouldn't, asian people wouldn't think it was offensive to be stereotyped as mystical people with magic kung fu and space magic

Shit nigger that’s genius

Attached: 34D4AD9A-BCE1-4215-9E0F-009D7A06411E.jpg (657x527, 38K)

>Tony on the other hand with the Gauntlet, would pretty much wipe out any non-human being on the universe to protect the earth, and then he would kill any human that would be a threat to others or his order, basically become a full blown dictator
t. didn't read Civil War II

she sure is

are you implying 14 year old boys can get an erection from tilda swinton?

Isn't there a comicbook storyline where Stark decides to go full autist and take over the planet for it's own good?
That sounds like it,

It was dumb. Hurt durr I'll bring the stones back tho...promise.

But in this case it was literal white-washing because the Chinese demanded so

>i respect celts

Attached: Blank-Nut-Button.png (600x446, 180K)

It was random. Maybe 7.5 million New Yorkers were killed.

Why is Doctor Strange the only really interesting character in these movies?

His movie was crap, but damn all his cameos make him seem fascinating.

She's so amazing in the role, I just don't have words to describe it. It's like, they tell her to be a magician and she actually becomes one. That's a real fucking actor for you.

>t. didn't read Civil War II
lmao why would I fuck comics

Stop trying to apply real-world logic to the dusting, because exponential growth means that it would take 40 years max for its effects to be completely nullified.

This. The doctor strange in Thor 3 is the coolest character out of everyone in phase 3

It's because Benedict Cumberbatch is an actual actor.

Stay mad central asiatic non european invader scum. Hope the IRA takes over one day.

>when he's yelling at Christine and her face says "this is a comic book movie I didn't sign up for this"

Attached: hqdefault_2_2.png (480x360, 220K)

i kept looking at her skullcap

Because Bumblesnatch is a decent actor, and his character isn't some vanilla garbage. Well, he's pretty generic, but at least he isn't boring vanilal generic like e.g. falcon or spider-boy or... I can't even remember the rest of them. Even scarlet witch is boring in these movies.

DR. Stranges powers have rules and limitations unlike other superheros that have unlimited power

and then they relegate him to do nothing in Endgame except hold back some water..

confirmed real

Because waking up to half the population being dead has side effects dummy. Looting happens, important jobs are left unexpectedly unfilled, leadership of all sorts isn't there when you need it most, etc etc.

This sounds great and all but it falls apart when you remember that the infinity gauntlet killed Tony the moment he used it.

>Elder Gods I do not understand. No matter how many attempts to fix these events, she always wins.

Attached: raiden_hill.png (750x500, 226K)

his character is also written pretty well, though. It's not just the acting.

yeah basically this
it's just supposed to be an apocalyptic event. It's not in any way attempting to be real science fiction.

Holy shit. Source?

What are some other movies where Tilda plays a sexy androgynous character like in Avengers and Constantine?

He didn't have the infinity gauntlet. He had a shitty Tony Stark gauntlet. If they'd stopped Thanos they'd have had the Dwarf-forged-in-a-dying-star magic gauntlet keeping the stones in check, and both Hulk and Stark would have been safe from armburning.

I thought I liked her until I saw her feet. Debecki has better feet

He's got a pretty bad and boring movie that makes no sense, he really should have had two movies before joining the avengers. Going from a car crash to defeating a planet eater in 90 minutes just ruined it.
he should have been meaner, too

even the gauntlet got fucked up after snap

>been saying this since IW, to explain why Strange didn't lop his arm off or something
>now people suddenly act surprised by it and think it sounds great
I guess it takes reddit-spacing for people to get it.

how is she so hot? could be my grandma or something

Why didn't Strange punch the soul out of Thanos?

Only when Thanos snapped to destroy the stones. Using the stones to destroy themselves is way harder than anything else and so the gauntlet buckled first, and the subsequent non-gauntlet power-surge is what crippled Thanos. Meanwhile the Stark Gauntlet couldn't handle unsnapping people, and the Iron Man suit glove couldn't handle the power-surge even when you were just snapping a couple of thousand people in your immediate vicinity. Because they didn't have the magic mojo to contain the incredible powers of the stones at any level.

>a pretty bad and boring movie that makes no sense
What doesn't make sense about it?

He doesn't have the skills the Ancient One had because she had a thousand years to learn everything or whatever, and when he did the time-bubble thing with Dormammu there was no reason to try and learn the soul-punch because it would do nothing against Dormammu. So if he did train his skills during that time then he focused on the teleportation and other skills he already knew about, perfecting them.

thanos had the reality and soul stone at that point, along with the space and power stone.
strange could not do shit against that.

Attached: thanos & death4.jpg (1712x1321, 819K)

>he reads shitty event comics
L O L

is that aang?!

How can he spend a month reading books and become a master and defeat his teachers arch-enemy no problem, yet he's not a mary sue while captain marvel is

>without gender and without time nor space to bind

no
youtu.be/zXavNm6y8OE?t=144
the gauntlet is clearly fucked up after the snap.
the reason thanos didnt get fucked by the snap is because he is some space alien.

He hasn't studied that Astral technique yet.

So now people who remarried and started new families are going to have their 5 year younger spouses back?

If a twin was snapped and the other wasn't, there is a 5 year gap? Seems like a shit fix

hulk should have been able to heal his wounded arm.
they basicly removed his healing factor in the movie
probaly as an easy way to dump hulk as a character, as they can't use him for solo movies. and ruffolo is a terrible actor

Attached: Defenders _3 p 10 12.jpg (609x1600, 245K)

Ive been saying for a while. The Dr.Strange did not find only ONE way to win. He was saying this to convince tony that the path strange wanted was the only way to victory. Strange wanted a universe with the stones gone, thanos gone and....tony gone.

>and defeat his teachers arch-enemy no problem,

Because he didn't and the reality split happened, his teachers arch-enemy won. He didn't just suddenly get a superpower and flew up there to punch the previously unstoppable thing to win the fight, he had to outsmart Dormammu and get HIM to take the acolytes.

Imagine if, instead of just turning on god-mode and flying up to break all the missiles because she's just so goddamn amazing and woke, she had to use her brain and powers in a clever way to outdo Ronan's fleet. You know, like Tony did against Stane, remember that? Remember the ice thing? That was a nice clever moment.

end game tony probaly would not have turned into a control freak. he chilled down after he married pepper and had a daughter.
but if it was earlier tony, then he would have whent full dictator

Attached: ironman.jpg (783x1228, 158K)

was this the kinoest moment in the movie?

Attached: 1556883865538.jpg (458x458, 25K)

His superpower isn't magic, it's photographic memory that also helped him become a doctor. Any other person studying magic has to go over the same book over and over to commit it to memory, and then go back to it if some other book references a passage in it as relevant to a spell, while Strange just recalls the exact page the relevant text was on after having read it once. They even showcased this by having him be pretty shit at the initial shield-making, while he was powering through the books and memorising them all. Because a photographic memory doesn't help you with making a magic shield by channelling your chakra or whatever it was they did, it only helps you once you've reached the point of doing incantations and spell stuff building on the basics.

Whether he's a mary sue while Captain Marvel is has nothing to do with the movie, but how the audience(or Yea Forums incels) feels.

Most definitely.

>Tony on the other hand with the Gauntlet, would pretty much wipe out any non-human beings on the universe to protect the earth, and then he would kill any human that would be a threat to others or his order, basically a full blown dictator
Go away Thanos, you are dead.

That ignores all the people who would die from the resulting chaos.

>singed but still functional
>fucked up
Compare it to how fucked the Stark stuff got and there's no contest. His shit was simply inferior because there's no magic element.

He saw over 6 million possibilities in 10 seconds and hasn't learned everything possible?

>needing leaders

what's the matter, you need someone to tell you what to do or you can't do anything?

It's either this or there is some bigger threat in the future and things had to happen exactly the way they did to defeat it.

He would have probably gone even more paranoid protective, now that he had a daughter and a way to make sure she'd always be safe. Dude's always been about keeping everyone safe at whatever cost, and you think finally having a daughter would change that?

earth was probably a paraidse after the snap just like thanos predicted.
avengers were doing heavy anti thanos propaganda for +5 years because they couldn't handle the fact that some of their butt buddies are gone

what the FUCK was he pointing to lads

Be honest lads

Would you smash

He was meaning to flip Tony off but since his hands are fucked that's the best he could do.

British acting talent.

Attached: 1543842276064.gif (257x200, 1.24M)

Is Carol really a Mary Sue though? One of the key features of Mary Sues is that they don't struggle or have setbacks, but Carol spends the first part of her movie brainwashed and unquestioningly following the orders of the fascist Kree while thinking they're heroes, and only when she's presented with indisputable evidence that her memories were tampered with to manipulate her does she realize that she's been fighting for the wrong side. Another factor is that everyone likes the Mary Sue, unless they're the bad guy, but while Tony and Thor seem to like her, Widow thinks her plan to single-handedly face off against Thanos is reckless, Rhodey questions her lack of protection of the Earth, and Rocket spars with her verbally.

It's a subtle reference to the fire rising. This was the last thing Stark had to be reassured of before he felt comfortable sacrificing himself.

Nope. I'd imagine in most of those futures he was trying out multiple ways to defeat Thanos on Titan, but he doesn't have the necessary groundwork to be able to pull off an astral push.

This.

Attached: paul bettany4.webm (1350x1080, 2.98M)

Heaven, telling Stark where to go.

Its because you have to be SUPERHUMAN to use all Six Stones and not die due to the intense energy and gamma radiation. Hulk can deal with it because he is what he is from being mutated by gamma rays, if Thor was at his peak like in Ragnarok or IW, he would've as well, perhaps Strange too. But even with his armor, Tony would've died due to the fact physically he isn't a superhuman freak like Thor, Hulk, Thanos, etc...

What about all the people on planes at that moment who’s pilots were dusted at 30,000 feet etc all those people would still die

he converted to islam

Attached: Facebook-d3e411.png (500x438, 89K)

Tilda? I'd be her boytoy a fucking heartbeat. but only if she kept herself as androgynous as possible, no long hair and dresses.

>god tier anything in IW

Mary Sue just means Character That I Don't Like And Think Is Bad, user.

Attached: 1555172164582.jpg (480x449, 13K)

>he thinks pilots actually do anything while the planes are cruising
laughingstewardesses.jpg

The "Best of us" can't do Astral techniques despite being able to live 5 years 6 over 6 million times in 10 seconds?

>So he made Tony believe he had to sacrifice himself in order to save the universe
When does that happen? Don't remember that part. If you are talking about the one where he raises his finger, he doesn't imply sacrifice there, from what I remember.

Attached: 1489327754118.jpg (587x627, 69K)

based

Attached: 435435.jpg (600x463, 72K)

A bit more info on this, in comics, Ancient one is Tibetan, and the Chinese hate the Tibetans. Just like how all the posters for Black Panther showed him with his mask on in China. Chinks are weird.

One was with the aid of an infinity stone. The other is not. You might as well have a problem with Thanos not being able to do astral shit.

I'd tild her swinton

Why would the Sorcerer Supreme who protects the Time Stone, and who has already used it to save the earth want the Stones gone?

Anyone else got mad uncomfortable during her scene with Hulk? Instead of spending like 3 minutes with her caressing his head and getting her squishy bald head close to his as if she was gonna kiss him, they could have spent that time on a better ending.

So? he still lived out/experienced those timelines

Thanos is not the sorcerer supreme and had no reason to learn anything

>Looting happens
what if the half that got destroyed included all the black people?

Friendly reminder that she keeps a lover almost half her age. It could happen to you.
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-513967/Tilda-Swinton-Her-toyboy-elderly-lover-intriguing-m-nage-trois.html

Attached: Tilda and her lover.jpg (980x571, 163K)

>Mordo's face when the Avengers' rampant perversion of the natural order

Phase 4 big bad?

Attached: MUH NATURAL ORDER.png (740x577, 360K)

So are we just never going to see the Hulk persona again?

What happened to that plot thread in IW when Hulk kept refusing to come out?

Are you talking about the Dormammu bargain scene, or checking out all the different timelines with the stone? With Dormammu there was no reason or way for him to learn an astral soul punch because there's nothing to punch, Dormammu wouldn't be affected by it. With the timeline-checking he wasn't living lives out in full, deciding what to do. He was just quickly skipping through the timeline dvd to see how it ends.

Because previously the stone wasn't collected from the corners of the universe along with a gauntlet, up for play by anyone wanting to use it. If Asgard was still standing with Odin safeguarding a stone then he probably wouldn't have felt the need to get rid of them.

That said, he might even have pulled some trickery to retain the stone for himself while making everyone believe it's gone, like in the Illuminati comics.

>The are

>tfw half of population dies and makes your job easier by already killing half the wizards.
>they come back five years later for some reason.

Thank you. People don't realize that these are science fantasy at best. Tony's nanotech is magic, the supersoldier serum is magic, Pym particles are magic, traveling the quantum realm is magic, and so on (that is, you could replace all mentions of them with the word "magic" and the plot itself would not be affected). Nothing is limited by the speed of light. Matter can be generated from nothing. Energy can be generated from nothing.
None of these are flaws. They're just fantasy, pure and simple.
It's why relativistic kill vehicles are bullshit in Star Wars, another science fantasy series. It's a samurai story, a cowboy story, a Hero's Legend, etc. But it's not sci-fi. It has spaceships and "lightspeed travel", but those are meaningless as far as plot goes. You could take the entire story of Star Wars and place it in a medieval fantasy setting, but not lightspeed.

That's a staple of boomer facebook memes.

Yep, that's what I said. Well, science fantasy, same thing.
My point was that actual science fiction would have the "science" as part of the plot as opposed to merely part of the setting.

Writers have never known what to do with Hulk. In the original 1960s Avengers, Hulk left in issue 2 or 3 because they realized pretty quickly that there weren't many threats they could create that the Hulk couldn't fix in a few panels. They just needed a way to keep Hulk from tackling Thanos in the ending and they did a horrible job of it.

She made my dick so hard in Constantine

>113990166
>not in any way attempting to be real science fiction.
>>>
> Anonymous 05/03/19(Fri)22:44:38 No.114008516▶
>

Literally Jarman's 'novels'.
>Read: Biographic texts

God dammit.

Attached: 1549665896081.png (771x366, 63K)

It's explained in the movie that Banner spent 18 months in isolation, merging with Hulk. They are now one.

It's 'Chroma' where he has sex with a fourteen year old boy and 'dreams' that her character from Jubilee is there too.

Note: Jarman was a medievalist who was obsessed with Piers Plowman, a 14thC Dream Vision that reveals powerful yet hidden truths.

why those that guy has ass hair on his chin

>that scene where she's standing on Constantine and spreads her wings
I'm not even a footfag, but goddamn.

You'll understand once you reach puberty, sweaty.

She takes forever to say nothing.

Put me in the screencap etc. This kinda makes sense.

He's got a point. There's a time when you should look at your facial hair and say "This isn't working. It needs to be longer or shorter, but it looks like ass in its current state."

He gets to travel the world with Tilda Swinton. I don't think he needs that look at himself.

>I thought Hulk was gonna wake up

Bruce and Hulk's minds became one. Remember how he recognized the Valkyrie?

One of the few films I liked Sir Benedict Cumberbatch in. He was a good Doctor Strange.

Attached: sherlock holmes.gif (240x184, 401K)

You are retarded.

he saw only one future where theyre saved , everyone was trying to grab the gauntlet , this was the cue that its Tony who needs to take it and do the snap , one finger as in one possible outcome out of 14million

I would give my left nut for a future movie where somebody has to go to an alternate universe where RDJ has become an immortal godlike dictator via the stones and has to stop him. Bonus points if it's Peter Parker.

That would require RDJ to do another marvel film, and I'm pretty sure he asked to get killed off so he wouldn't be tempted to come back.

Surely they can tempt him back with another hundred million dollars. I find it hard to believe he's gone for good and won't even cameo.

He's good in the To the Ends of the Earth miniseries, if you like Age of Sail stories.

>alternate universe version doesn't have a goatee

Ironman always has brain backups and shit, so he’ll probably show up as an AI hologram or they’ll grow a new body for him.