Natalie Portman: Star Wars Prequels Backlash Was ‘A Bummer

>Portman opened up about facing the backlash to some of the most anticipated films of all time.

>“It was hard,” she recalls. “It was a bummer because it felt like people were so excited about new ones and then to have people feel disappointed. Also to be at an age that I didn’t really understand that’s kind of the nature of the beast. When something has that much anticipation it can almost only disappoint.”

>Of course, it’s somewhat of a different story now – while not universally beloved, the Star Wars prequel trilogy now very much has its defenders and unashamed fans, a curious but worthwhile era in the overarching saga. “With the perspective of time, it’s been re-evaluated by a lot of people who actually really love them now,” Portman says. “There’s a very avid group of people who think they’re the best ones now! I don’t have enough perspective to weigh in.”

You see how much pain your vitriolic hate causes Yea Forums

Attached: 20190503_154822.jpg (720x668, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vaW72ZchK6M
youtube.com/watch?v=RYGIRoJaAJg
buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/finnpoe-forever
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Unfortunately, Portman was increasingly difficult to deal with on set - some of the crew say she made several actresses playing her handmaidens, including Keira Knightley (age twelve in The Phantom Menace), cry in the previous prequels, allegedly for the crime of talking to her without permission

Apologize, you bitch.

Attached: 1556895142306.jpg (816x816, 65K)

Good, maybe the pain causes them to make better movi-
>Disney Wars
OH NO NO NO

only reddit hates the prequels

To this day I still cant tell which is the Princess and which is the decoy in any of the scenes

People who like Star Wars, liked those movies. Normies like RLM didn't like those movies.

yeah but who has the cutest feets?

i'd like to backlash her bummer, if you anticipate my perspective

Attached: zYNO6Om[1].jpg (1890x1065, 590K)

This

They prequels were flawed, but always pretty good and only gaylords disagree with this.

Attached: mpv-shot0007.jpg (1920x1080, 271K)

Truth

Her acting in the prequel trilogy was all sorts of shitty. She's easily the weakest link in Episode 3.

Unironically true.

Face-blindness is a common trait of the autismal.

>reddit hates the prequels

Attached: 1556898641011.png (390x290, 14K)

The critics and fans who rejected the prequels are of the generation that has never read anything, and has only Hollywood as a model of what storytelling can be. The RLM reviews typify this outlook.

They love memeing on the prequels BECAUSE they hate them

The only reason the prequel hate has dimmed is because new movies came out that actively was a giant middle finger to the audience. The prequels were just bad movies but there wasn't any malice in it. The new movies were spawned with hatred and you can feel it.

youtube.com/watch?v=vaW72ZchK6M

youtube.com/watch?v=RYGIRoJaAJg

Sometimes it takes something even shittier to come along to realize that something else you thought was shit wasn't so bad.

Attached: 1 TWhYIMWS_SMfkUf-D7kPEg.jpg (1920x1066, 459K)

PPST THE PIC

YOU KNOW WHICH ONE

THE ONE WITH
THE LOOK
H
E

L
O
O
K

Based Neta-Lee Hershlag making the shiksas cry.

>racebaiting retards will think this is real

Except it is. Look it up.

Give up, boomer. The current consensus is that prequels are great and the hate they got was unjustified. Only boomers and redditors still insist on calling them bad, the same people that unironically praise nu-wars.

IS THIS FUCKING REAL?

How'd they manage to drag her to the Endgame premiere? She ditched capeshit as soon as she could. Is she regretting ditching the franchise since it kept making bank while her roles have dried up?

>be begged to make new movies because literally 100% of the human population agrees that the prequels were the worst things ever created by man
>fuck it up so bad that you actually make worse movies
>not just a little shittier but so much worse it forces people to start to like the prequels

you know all the articles talking about how depressed the actors were after thr prequels and that jarjar nigger even thinking about suicide, im suprised someone involved im the nu-wars haven't killed themselves yet

Attached: 07f1b0510ca9c301b0edddb7ca2dd13e.jpg (236x258, 15K)

This man speaks truth

Everyone who saw them opening night hated them. They were garbage, soulless, horribly written, wooden shitstains surpassed in awfulness only by the turbopozzing the franchise is being subjected to now.

Because she's in Endgame.

It’s because 90% of the faggots here were toddlers and autistic children when they came out so their adderall addicted minds can’t separate childhood nostalgia from objective truth.

don't worry my queen I will rush to the defense of the prequels at every opportunity, anyone who dislikes them just needs to have sex.

>you know all the articles talking about how depressed the actors were after thr prequels and that jarjar nigger even thinking about suicide, im suprised someone involved im the nu-wars haven't killed themselves yet
Why would they? The media has done nothing but sing praises to nu-wars, and the left in general has coddled them, and that's the kind of people actors generally socialize with.

Attached: WRONG.jpg (1900x1061, 242K)

the realization that its all a manufacturered lie is exactly the sort of thing to drive someome to suicide. deep down they all know the movies are shit and the cognitive dissonance will eventually mind break them. its the hollywood equivalent of wasting your life sitting in traffic for a job you hate. the alien bitch already looks like shes coked out of her mind 24/7

>only reddit hates the prequels
then call me fucking reddit

Attached: 1550287137928.png (478x594, 530K)

>113989626
>i'd like to backlash her bummer, if you anticipate my perspective
Wooweee man

Attached: 1551443333448.png (500x300, 42K)

>refused to be around black people on set
>frequently dropped anti semitic jokes around Lucas
Based

buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/finnpoe-forever
I fucking hate you, fucking retard I had to enter this shithole but here you go, now go dilate you fucking freak of nature.

I can not believe we are at that point in time. Back in 2015 when you fags started posting here looking for star wars leaks was when the prequels defense became real for the first time. You dumb fucking zoomer pieces of shit need to stop patting yourselves on the back for wasting shit and asking for seconds.

>clickbait
Beyond retarded.

Attached: 1545478959579.jpg (300x190, 21K)

You will be first on the day of the rope

IT'S A FUCKING QUOTE LIFTED DIRECTLY FROM HIS MOUTH
Are you pretending to be retarded? Because that's just as pathetic.

>IT'S A FUCKING QUOTE LIFTED DIRECTLY FROM HIS MOUTH
>found nowhere else on the web

Oh so you're retarded and you don't know what exclusivity means, neck yourself no more (You)'s for you

She and the stupid kid were the worst part of the prequels.
Horrible acting, she should feel ashamed about it.

Phantom Menace is pretty awful. Clones had its moments but sucked. Sith was legitimately good.

>horrible acting
Only sheev managed to make something out of the script and horrible directing. Palpys whole character and voice was basically Ian's input anyway.

>Horrible acting
Star Wars was NEVER known for good acting/dialogue. Alec called the script absolute rubbish. Hamill even tells Lucas it's painful to say lines. Fisher straight up modified the script to ESB

Based Nat was just trying to stay in character inbetween takes

I don't care what anyone says, if you were a teenager back in 1999 and experienced the hype and build up the prequels which lasted for years, you wouldn't slate them.

I'll never forget sitting in a theatre in the Summer of '99 and watching the intro credits roll and feeling truly exhilarated

And yeah, even MEESA GUNGAN JAR JAR FUCKING BINKS was awesome

>dealwithit.jpg

huh? sith was shit, clones was shit, phantom menace is passable with a healthy dose of nostalgia

shes a method actor, she will never admit that

You dumb fucking modern internet users

Fuck, the color depth here if beyond amazing, this shot looks like it has HDR even without HDR. Hard to believe they filmed it on a literal desert, one of the hardest environments to capture well on traditional film.

based Camille Paglia

You had to have been there to get it, guys...

Attached: 1555870102764.jpg (640x480, 118K)

what happened to the fappening leaks?

>HNNNNNGGGG

>buzzfeed
KYS

Attached: 534899887-1024x1024.jpg (698x1024, 432K)

Ohh NONONO DELETE THIS PREQUEL "HATE" IS A MODERN PHENOMENON FABRICATED BY YOUTUBE FAGGOTS
cringe and bluepilled historical revisionist, prequels and sequels are both shit in different ways

Audience: Star Wars Prequels Were ‘A Bummer'

The reason that prequel hate has dimmed is because Disney bought the IP and launched a huge ad campaign to make people realize "actually we liked them all along you guys lol" in order to launch their new Disney owned franchise

holy fucking newfaggotry

Yeah, just like turning Gaza into a concentration camp for more than a decade is a "bummer" too, you disgusting Israeli whore.

You're being baited by jews using pilpul

she doesn't like israel and thinks they talk about the holocaust too much

Funny how the clit-cutting inbred Pallie fucks keep increasing in number.

Enhance

I liked many things about the prequells despite it's flaws, but episode 2 really stinks for me. I just really hated the romance in that movie. It felt so unnatural and fake.

>soulless
Theres that buzzword again. It doesnt mean what you think it means

Natalie Portman is a bummer.

>Does Star Wars, complains
>Does Thor, complains
>Does nude scene, complains
>Does ballet movie, claims it was pretty much all her, complains that dance double is asking to at least be acknowledged
>complains about pay
>complains about objectification

Like seriously, lighten up. You're playing pretend for millions of dollars.

There is nothing that screams "modern Internet user" more than some fag who started defending the prequels because Disney star wars is so bad. Fuck you faggot. You are just a stupid fucking faggot and I hate you.

IMAGINE

When did she go nude????????

There are Christian Palestinians you know, Israel bootlick.

Wes Anderson did a short film about her and Rushmore hanging out in a hotel room in Paris as a pseudo companion piece to Darjeeling Limited. She's nude, but just posed in a weird, awkward way covering up her bits, but she still complained about it a lot, made sure everybody knew she regretted it because of the interest.

Oh fuck I forgot about that. You only see ass but I still jerked off to it a lot.

It was a deleted scene with a cgi overlay