Why did it start so good then fall off ?

Why did it start so good then fall off ?

Attached: hbo-vice-principals-comedy.jpg (2560x1707, 1.44M)

It's not a good premise

Premises don't matter if the show is funny

it's like from an old school of comedy
will ferrell movies and stuff
cheap stuff
funny, but pretty dumb
they're just too dumb for the drama to work

in the post-louie tv comedy era, the bar has been raised, and it doesn't really fly anymore.
with shows like barry or atlanta being made, especially on hbo, VP just fundamentally isn't good enough

Louie is shit now though.

but louie was a hackneyed woody allen pastiche?

down to the dumb gershwin and b&w shots of the brooklyn bridge

holy fucking reddit

>Louie is shit now though.
What do you even mean? It ended in 2015

Do you think that's clever, pointing out that Louie is heavily influenced Woody Allen? Louis Ck even made his last film about Woody Allen.
>hackneyed pastiche
>b&w shots of the brooklyn bridge
>gershwin
... is that supposed to be a criticism? It's meaningless.

Have you seen the late show arc with David Lynch? You really think that's not good?

so essentially there isn't enough neuroses and 'funny man actually sad'. perhaps not enough life lessons. you're right, this show doesn't sound comedic enough.

>there isn't enough neuroses and 'funny man actually sad'. perhaps not enough life lessons
they actually did try to do that though
it wasn't lighthearted and 'just funny' like a regular 3 camera sitcom either

It was just too stupid for that drama to work at all and it also robbed from the comedy.

Its pretty good but not sjw enough for the jews to promote it through their normie networks they made bromance friendship triumph over thots and axe wounded cunts that appeals to the incel fantasy according to jews so is a no

And don't get me wrong. I do like unabashedly stupid comedies.

... it was on HBO though, which is by far the most progressive tv network, and the best.

Hbo doesnt get to tell what show will be popular you brainlet

Other way around, the 2nd season was better.

I don't know. I feel like it ended when it should have though. Also, whatever the hot teacher is called then weeew lads

ok sure, but if you're going to blame stuff on sjw and jews and women then doing it while championing a product of the bastion of sjw and jews and women is kind of ironic

maybe it just wasn't as good as you think.

Alright then you've got me jidf officer jail me up

same reason everything starts good then falls off. the creatives have an idea they've been playing with and working on for years, maybe their whole lives, they put it into action as a fully realized premise and story, and it's done. if it succeeds the studios want more but they don't have it, so they come up with whatever they can on short notice but it's just not as good.

the only exceptions to this are the 0.0000001% of extremely talented people who are able to churn out consistently high quality, or basing something off, say, a book series, with a long history of established lore to steal from before you run out and have to invent your own complete garbage at the end. this is why most other countries don't normally do the american capitalist system of milking shit forever until it finally dies from being emaciated.

It wasn’t that funny to begin with and was utter shit compared to eastbound and down

I reckon a good 50% of HBO shows don't actually follow that trend

The HBO comedies that are currently on, Veep & Barry for example are as good as they've ever been.

First half was directed by comedy kinoseur Jody Hill while the second half was directed by failed kinoseur David Gordon Green. David Gordon Green's Eastbound & Down episodes were generally regarded as the the worst as well.

I've only seen season 1 maybe i'll keep going then