Lovecraftian kino

Will it be kino or Nicolas Cage schlock?

Attached: colouroutspace_poster.png (700x895, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y7jp1CT1h6c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i don't know, but damn that poster is terrible.
>i just pirated photoshop and spent 5 minutes googling forum sig tutorials, the image

Shouldn't it be "Based on an H.P. Lovecraft story"?

Yea it should.

Also, what story are they talking about?

Any trailer ? Or pics from the set?
ANYTHING?!?!

There's another nic cage flick with bisexual lightning?

Should be "based on THE HP lovecraft story"
Seeing as it's probably based on the story of the same name

>Also, what story are they talking about?
Horrible CGI from outer space

we already saw this frickin movie last year, it was called Annihilation and (spoiler) it freakin sucked

>Oh look its Darkest Dungeon all over again

Kino.

>bisexual lighting
That meme never caught on. It felt stupid enough to work but never got a lot of (you)s

It'll be a good bench-warmer for the real Cage kino.

Attached: Capture.png (343x74, 3K)

When is somebody going to step up and adapt The Music of Eric Zann?

Attached: 1511198844491.png (341x314, 151K)

Me,you just wait,I will Pioneer a new age of Lovecraft kino. I just need to finish this script.

Attached: meontheleft.png (800x540, 365K)

Richard Stanley adapting a Lovecraft story with Nic Cage? I hope someone is filming the making of.

Adapting Lovecraft to film is just as asinine as adapting Shakespeare to film.

welp, this might be the most reddit thing I'll read all day

hope they don't fuck it up like the indie flick did, would've been a million times better if they revealed the color with the corpse and not with the scene right before it

Is that a fucking lama on the poster

Lovecraft wrote about the imaginable which is precisely why it lent itself to well to its intended medium, it allowed the horror to be painted by the reader. Shakespeare didn't write books, wrote plays, which were written and intended to only be viewed and experienced at the theater. Feel free to disagree, I encourage it, matter of fact I would be disappointing if you didn't. Just know that no matter what you say or believe I'm right.

nic cage isn't allowed to have two good films in a row so maybe

mmmmm smells like reddit

>lovecraftian!

Attached: 1555510577752.gif (347x267, 65K)

I don't know but it doesn't look good that they spelled color wrong
Perhaps it is a stylistic choice ;^)

So is there any Lovecraftkino other than this?

youtube.com/watch?v=y7jp1CT1h6c

You're out of touch if you think lovecraft is söy

S o yboys love Lovecraft, they just edit out all the bits they don't like and replace the protagonist with a black woman.

seething amerimutt

Both.

It may work, but the problem is how to differentiate yourself from the book/movie Annihilation. The book's writer and director said they were not directly inspired by Lovecraft's tale, but the plot is too similar to arouse suspicion.

> A meteor falls on Earth, gradually it changes animal and plant life with denatural mutations. Human beings in the perimeter suffer from hallucinations and paranoia over time. The expansion of the effects of the meteor is observed by a color that does not match any observable pattern on Earth.

The difference in Lovecrat's tale is that tge "color" is a predatory force, which apparently goes from planet to planet (or reality in reality) feeding on the life force of the place and escaping into space after that. It is not tangible (much less you can destroy it with a grenade), but it has a main part of the "body" less abstract and amorphic than a simple color.It does not want to readapt / repopulate / rearrange life on Earth, which it causes is only an indirect effect of its presence and the form it feeds on.

If the movie works it can not give any explanation of what it is, why it came and how it is possible to fight it. It is an alien force / concept that runs away from our understanding, which we simply had the misfortune to encounter and the luck of not going crazy coexisting with it. This is one of the concepts of the Cosmic Horror: we do not always have the answers we want, but this is not always a bad thing.

Attached: a2106523465_10.jpg (1200x745, 170K)

Nope, sound it out. Haitch Pee Lovecraft.

Hopefully that's true, but regardless an openness to his aesthetic leads to redpills

I'm waiting for Dreamquest of Unknown Kadath, but just the kino travelogue parts, minus the dumb battle scenes.

The beees...in spaaaace

>Based on a H. P. Lovecraft story.
>on a H. P. Lovecraft
>a H.

The letter H when said as a letter begins with an A vowel sound. This is like saying "I ate a apple."

Dropped.

if stanley can remake annihilation without the BLACKED.COM stuff I'll support the torrent release.

You Brits love to drop H's all the time except when it comes to your 'orrible 'ideous Haytch

>The Music of Eric Zann
Good taste user

Attached: tmp_2F1447110116882-ekhk78dpt10dx6r-e7bef7f1291ce102d09014599dbe6d76_2Fcenterfold.jpg (2517x1276, 896K)

>From the Redditors Who Bankrolled MANDY
what did you expect

lovecrat, like all literature over 20 years old, is condensed and concentrated soi

It might be "Herbert West: Re-Animator"

>I was haunted by the weirdness of his music
That's gonna be a hard yawn from me

>haitch
>zed
>brits unironically think this is better

>directed by Jordan Peele
Instead of the horror being that the MC has nig ancestry, it will be that he has slave owner ancestry.

Aren't those just synonyms?

imagine being enough of a redditor to actually type this shit out, but also being enough of an incel cuck to post it on Yea Forums

> The Brts

Listen, mate - you can have a wobble

Maybe it's a regional thing? Lovecraft was a huge Anglophile and probably spoke in some kind of New England accent so maybe he pronounced it haytch and the poster is just paying tribute to that, like by using the British spelling for colour.

I really really liked this book. It wasn't scary but for the first time I thought the themes developed were trully original. If someone could bring these themes to an horror level like Stephen King it would be the best horror book.

Only cockney guttersnipes say "haytch" and lovecraft certainly wasn't that.

Attached: eliza doolittle.jpg (627x800, 97K)

yikes

They made it onions when they remove his racism and his misogyny.
Did you read Alan Moore Lovecraftian comic? It's pure shit

>Adapting a visual medium into a visual medium is assinine

Attached: JS135274461.jpg (615x409, 27K)