How can a video game have a better and more well developed character than 99% of modern day movies?

How can a video game have a better and more well developed character than 99% of modern day movies?

Attached: 28d.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

>red meme redemption
>well developed characters
XD

There are like 10 hours of cutscenes in the game.

Only felt sad at Arthur’s death, he was too much of a blank slate compared to John.
However I can say with 90% confidence that RDR2 is the best prequel in fiction

You end up spending like 200 hours immersed in the character.

I hate Guarma chapter

>Here’s your Uncharted

Yes, your green text is correct. Glad you agree

>200 hours
I think I got to 2000. I only just got to the epilogue because I tried to get as many challenges and random extra missions as Arthur finished as I could. I'd had my horse since October when it got shot by Pinkerton's and was actually sad about it.

>200 hours
>2000 hours
Did yo literally crouch walk everywhere in game?

At least it only lasts am hour, by the time the surprise and excitement of seeing a new place wears off you're already leaving. Plus from a thematic standpoint it's high purity kino.

>2 day long walking simulator
it hypnotizes you, there was no actual development beyond going from excited criminal to reluctant criminal, dont kid urself

>Plus from a thematic standpoint it's high purity kino.
Explain it from a thematic standpoint

Did a lot of exploring and hunting. The game is at its best when you stumble on come crazy shit in the wilderness.

There's literally not 2000 hour of content in the game, there aren't even any multiplayer games that are worth playing that long. You autists who put many times more hours into games than necessary baffle and disgust me.

Listen when the trapper requires 4 perfect Opossum pelts it takes about 12 hours of playing and a week of rage quitting.

The irony that Dutch has built up an idyllic island paradise as the main goal in his mind only for him to get to one and it turns out to be an absolute hellhole that accelerates his descent to villainy and madness

I CANNOT BE STOPPED
I STAND UNSHAKEN

Attached: come and get me you bastards.webm (1920x1080, 1.44M)

Is that when you abandon John and go back for the treasure?

>there was no actual development despite the actual development
Yikes

Attached: rdr 2.png (701x221, 14K)

Gangs been running away from their problems for the whole game and when it seems like they've finally properly escaped they lose all the loot and get fucked up and go right back, partly due to the fact that business man they pissed off runs the island showing they can never truly escape the consequences of their actions