How does it feel to live long enough to see all your favorite franchises go down in flames?

Attached: 1556747232358.jpg (596x369, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cGh3s0lPxCQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Im a DC fan, so I wouldn't know loser

I stopped watching this at season three so I don't care

Free

I only watch anime, the last kino medium

I don't have any favorite franchises.
I watch a movie or an episode of a tv show, think about it for about 3 seconds and then move on the next one.

A women wrote this

Attached: download (9).jpg (225x225, 26K)

What is some true kino to look forward to?
All I can hope is they don't butcher John wick 3.

Stopped watching this shit in season six. Still waiting for the next book.

A brainlet wrote this, a real one

>favorite "franchise"

Imagine being this much of a mindslave to corporations.

After rewatching and analyzing the ending I feel foolish for ever doubting D&D. When Jon stands up from behind the rubble we see him seemingly give up hope and scream desperately at Viserion. To the casual viewer it may have sounded like he was screaming "aaaahhhhh" but if you listen closely he was screaming "Aaaazoooor Aaahhhai." Jon knew the whole time his entire purpose was to sacrifice himself so Arya could land the killing blow. God I love this show.

>MARTHA!

I wouldn't know almost none of them have adaptations.

its quite liberating desu senpai

Jokes on you, I've been bred to be disappointed.

Attached: 1452457575515.png (596x650, 136K)

as long as half-life 3 never comes out i'll still have something to live for

Is there anything that would be able to stop Arya if she also teamed up with Ramsay’s 20 good men?

Cousins MVP 2020

YOU MOTHERFUCKER KEPT ASKING FOR STAR WARS...i know whats happen would happen.

somethings are best left alone

There are no good shows that last longer than 5 seasons before the Quality drops massively. Prove me wrong.

Stargate and star trek TNG and DS9

Attached: 1551490957494.jpg (960x651, 48K)

27 yards

the americans. its solid all the way through

GoT of Thrones will be the last major show with a mostly white cast. And the only black guy on the show with a name (besides the long forgotten pirate negro) has no penis. In retrospect all the girl power shit will still make this better than any other big show for a long time. And I just mean the big cultural phenomenon things, not niche stuff like The Terror.

pretty fucking bad to be honest with you

The outer limits (1995)

literally all those shows drop in quality after 5 seasons.

Attached: 13627281697863926361.jpg (360x360, 19K)

>Dune coming out
>nolan kino coming out

There's still some hope left

Attached: snap.png (890x1104, 1.12M)

Lucky me, most shit I like is completed or can be considered as.
>dumb fucks still not getting it
DC only really started shitting the bed when they butchered Suicide Squad.

Mad Men did not have a massive drop, neither did Sopranos

No, it didn't, they got only better towards the end

Simpsons was good until 7

You wouldn't know because it didn't even make takeoff before it fucking exploded like the Challenger

Someone missed out on Batmania of 1989

You're right. Having a manlet kill the Night King would have been SO much better writing than having the max stealth assassin kill him.

Gundam has survived one live-action adaption, and I'm sure it'll survive whatever they're working on now.

Attached: 06d.gif (540x304, 1.77M)

This was always the case. From the top of my head House, X-files, Simpsons, South Park etc. All had massive drops in quality and very few actually managed to redeem themselves in the end. The problem is that because I'm simply not retarded enough to move with the progressiveness and the "wokeness" of modern shows and their audience there are very few things that I can watch without cringing as every time some show tries to scold me on some modern, hot social issue I feel like customer being duped by an old, experienced telemarketer doing all his tricks to sell me some shit I don't need.

SnK was already good and got even better later in the history, it's truly a miracle of writing

Feels great!

>I feel like customer being duped by an old, experienced telemarketer doing all his tricks to sell me some shit I don't need.
Except they just make me want to cancel any subscription and demand money back

Every mass media franchise goes bad eventually, this is just kind of a fact of life. There are more important things to spend your time worrying about

a patrician wrote this
only retarded faggots actually care about movies and television

Star trek TNG and DS9 are still perfect

I don't enjoy things like I used to anyway, so I don't mind it.

TNG isn't its own franchise

Still waiting on LotR and WoT, it's gonna be fucking obscene....

Attached: 1490909733298.jpg (1520x1604, 334K)

what makes you think you're safe? sooner or later they'll come for anime

I'm not 19 so none of this comes as a surprise. Already had this with LOST and various other shows that declined in their later seasons

youtu.be/cGh3s0lPxCQ
Im still in denial desu

Attached: 1556697182892.webm (480x360, 2.87M)

Its a series and all spinoffs in same universe worked out fine, also lol at your attempt to put arbitrary limits on qualifiers

Jews fear the samurai

>The year is 2020
>GoT is dead
>Star Wars is dead
>Box office numbers for Marvel capeshit have finally stagnated
>Trump wins a second term in office
>Netflix declares bankruptcy
Prepare yourself lads, you're about to witness the beginning of the most based decade in history.

Attached: 1536822288555.jpg (334x506, 42K)

Based and Snyderpilled

Feels great!

Attached: 1556697352592.jpg (960x960, 110K)

>my favorite franchise
People who get mad about franchises are incredibly pathetic

Attached: 5460EA6D-E54C-4C38-BD37-31AE3F243815.png (192x239, 23K)

Cause they are getting sued for it right now.

Outer Limits was shit after Season 4. Just rinse and repeat

I don't really care as it gives me entertainment making fun of how shit all of it is now and making fun of anyone that actually likes this crap now. After all, isn't entertainment what we want out of these properties anyway?

Attached: Arias Training.png (564x516, 35K)

They all go to shit eventually and then they just stop making more seasons and sequels. Thats the way it has always been. And entertainment is just entertainment anyways. I dont build my happiness and well being around how well some mochachino drinking hipsters getting paid to write about superheroes manage to do their jobs.

Attached: really.png (1500x1477, 29K)

SSSEEETTTHHHIIINNNGGG

I hope so, user

Attached: 1554724711137.jpg (932x747, 178K)

Seinfeld.

Saturday Night Live hit it's peak about 15 seasons in.

So what's left to watch the rest of the season now? I feel like D&D thinks they're so clever with their "No le humanity is the real evil don't u see" . This was suppose to be the endgame, where it all comes together, i mean what the fuck have we been watching this show for the last 7 years. When you look thought all the lore in GoT all kinds of crazy shit has happend in the history of the world, this whole "night walkers return" bit was made this specific period special.

But what are we left with now? Cersei being the 4D chess villian all along, jon not wanting to accept the crown and 3 more episodes of game of THRONES? Get the fuck out of here. I always liked the politics and war aspects of the show more than the fantasy, but the showed moved past that and this was suppose to be the last stand. what a let down lol.

I dont get it

Yeah I don't understand anons who are defending the direction
>le it was always about le politik!!
Fuck off. These stupid squabbles won't be 1/100th as entertaining as what the Night King arc could've been if done right.

Trips of truth

the song of ice and fire universe always felt like a continuation of the LOTR story. Like what would happen to the world 50 years after literal "evil" was defeated by good guys and we all got peace. Then what would happen 100 years later, 500, a thousand? Well turns out people forgot all about it and the world turned to shit. I thought the whole point of the show/books was man returns to their former glory in face of unspeakable evil, that they all had to put their differences a side and "rise to the occasion" once more.

Kek turns out you just slay those zombies, and cersei is a bigger threat. Are we gonna watch skirmishes between the golden company and the north now after we were expecting the biggest, built up event in the show?

>the last Harry Potter book was shit
I was a kid but I remember how disappointed I was with The Deathly Hallows.
>Twilight died with Eclipse
Don't judge.
>GRRM will never finish ASoIaF
It would be shit anyway, so, it doesn't matter.
>Pokemon died with the icecream pokemon
It was too much for me and I wasn't interested in Pokemon Go.
>Endgame is pure garbage
This one hurts me the most because I loved Infinity War. Marvel movies will go down the same route followed by the comics.

Thanks God for Japan (specially anime and light novels) and literature from France, Spain, Italy, Mexico and Argentina. The Americans can't destroy them.

Is there literally ANY way they can end it in a satisfying manner? Any conceivable way?

Please good, let it happen. We really need an extra-based decade to make up for the 2010's. It could go either way, all of this could feasibly happen and usher in a very based 2020's, or it could go totally the opposite and we'll be living in a hell twice as bad as the 2010's. Please, please let it be the former.

I feel obligated to mention The Dark Tower...

I never liked King.
People who write to much will write nothing but shit.

Congrats on being wrong. But to say that it's rare would be true.

Franchises, individual films and shows are collective artworks. True kino only exists as good performances, good production design, good writing, etc. It’s beyond rare for a production to do everything well and even rarer for it to keep it up over time. Judging something as a whole, based on what it became rather than isolating the parts of it that are worthwhile is just pointless.

Attached: A2607C5E-BDFB-4F5F-AAE0-2A27892E48A3.jpg (434x621, 61K)

>Star Wars died with TFA
>Halo died with H5's Campaign
>The Rangers Apprentice died with Book 12 - fittingly the last in the series