Sonic shitstorm

>Have the property with a huge Fan base of a beloved Golden Age of Video Games character
>Literally dozens if not hundreds of video games, cartoons, memorabilia, etc. to draw reference from. "How to Make a Movie" on easy mode.
>Get greenlit for a movie with a high enough budget to hire Jim Carrey to play iconic human villain
>Get rights to iconic 90s hip hop gangsta rap song "Gangsta's Paradise" by Coolio for the trailer because... reasons.
>Decide one night after many drinks and lines of coke that the best way to appeal to the target demographic is to make an abomination that looks like a little, hairy, naked goblin man/hedgehog hybrid that looks nothing like the original character except for electric blue hair but is just an affront to the eyes in all other regards.
>Character images leak and the initial reaction is that most people can't believe it's real. Most deny it's authenticity entirely due to sheer absurdity of it all.
>Trailer comes out.
>Turns out to be completely real and is worse in motion.
>Completely surprised when the whole internet hates it
>"Oh shit".gif kicks in
>In a 6 month crunch period to completely redesign character before the film is released.

Did no one on this team see this coming? Seriously?

Attached: Stateofhollywood.png (1277x648, 397K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-uY2QpW51I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(film)#Development
youtube.com/watch?v=LyM1UGD8sqM
youtube.com/watch?v=lTZ9t-KymYo
youtube.com/watch?v=gri2I0SZwgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SaO59yCkujQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lP9DKGhUiaY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

proably someone forced them to accept that design, now he's probably getting fired for being a cocky retard

Forcing? Why did they fuck up the design in the first place? They can keep their shitty design and flop the movie for all anyone cares.

Who the fuck was the nigger that decided to make his arms blue

I just want his name

Christine Chandler

Tito

There was some idiot suit that thought the design looked good and focus testing was positive.

Honestly it looks like the best movie so far because it has none of that identity politics niggerwashing agenda.
Will actually pay money to see.

The sheriff is gay and has a crush on the mechanic that works on squad cars that he's anxious to pursue. It's pretty likely they'll hook up by the end. This was detailed in the same leaks as the pictures of Sanic.

And honestly it looks like the best movie so far because it has none of that anti-LGBT brainwashing agenda, will actually pay money to see.

Is Alita all over again
Now the question is if Sonic will turn out to be as good as Alita was

Maybe if you go to your local gamestop and mace an employee you can find out.

Why would they care so much? Alvin & The Chipmunks movies were very successful and were lower common denominator cliche kids movies.

Punished Pickleman.

Attached: D26A3D76-8961-4E69-9DF5-680721DB1FDB.jpg (858x791, 53K)

But for Alita Cameron just adjusted the size of the pupils, here the problem is way more fundamental.

I thought they resized the whole eyes

No, just adjusted the pupil proportions.

Remember the Japanese guys from Sega saying that they couldn’t understand the design choices? It’s probably some higher up in paramount that pressured them to get this abomination approved

Checked and kek'd

At least with Alita if you look at the concept art without the huge eyes it just looked wrong

Attached: 47653769-6048-4887-82A5-AFE4037833DC.jpg (1242x1177, 288K)

Hollywood is full of fucking moronic "idea guys" who think their literal shits are gifts to the world.

could someone legally make a sonichu movie and pay chris the royalties? instead of nintendo or sega?

would have been the spaceballs of out time

What the fuck? The bug eyes do look better

Put the bug eyes back!

this

inb4 this was all planned by Paramount to generate artificial interest and subsequent goodwill.

So Paramount fixes the eyes then the haters find something else to complain about. I'm seeing the movie on day one. Fuck Yea Forums aka Reddit.

Fucking amerimutts never fail to amuse me. Only a race of genetically brutalized creaturas could give a shit about a kids movie of a kids game.

This is worst than the Ghostbusters 2016 fiasco, isn't it?

There's not a lot that they can redesign. If the character interacts with objects and people, they have to keep it the same size, volume and shape.

Oh, by far.

I just don't think there is anyone overseeing movie makers these days. Nobody checks the work to make sure it isn't screwed up.

Hard to compare an uncanny sanic to a comedy that isn't funny.

ok, inbred

americans are prideful retards and have no respect. they will always butcher the source material no matter how successful it was because they believe they're better at it (they're not)

That would be so ballsy that I would actually respect it.

Attached: 1480925998144.png (499x499, 164K)

They're complete idiots.

They should've done something with the wreck-it-ralph aesthetics which would be perfect for sonic's style
that would've made them an easy billion plus animated movies like that are these days an exact science

instead they opted for this ludicrious nonsense where sonic will help a certified cuck actor get laid while an over the hill Jim Carrey makes stupid faces

Someone hit the nail on the head ... it looks like a collegehumor video.

I refuse to believe they committed a movie budget to this.

Reminder there are people who defend the current design.

director is from funny or die

Sonic plot. Spoilers.
>sonic is on earth by mistake, chaos emeralds are a danger to earth.
>eggman, dr kintobor by this point is just a human genius
>sonic is the first person to honestly outdo kintobor, kintobor becomes OBSESSED.
>sonic has a chaos emerald already, which gives him that "electronic" aura and glowing eyes about him.
>throughout the movie kintobor is piecing together just what's going on and gets a sample of sonic's quill, and harnesses the power that's in it
>from him getting too zealous with his testing it goes wrong in the final acts, his IQ jumping from around 200 (which is already genius by human standards) to 300. Turning him into Dr. Robotnik (self proclaimed)
>he finds out about the chaos emeralds, all of which have been located, but sonic ends up sending robotnik to mobius to banish him along with sonic himself, to save earth from being ruled over by a madman who is sick of everyone being dumber than him and wants to be 'in charge'
>in the end, as shown in the trailer, robotnik has no machines, no help, just his damaged clothing and stuck on Mobius by himself surrounded by creatures like sonic.
>But he has that quill of sonic's, still. Ending scene is him using that and his 300 iq to make the first robot, that makes another, which helps make more, and then a factory is made, then weapons, (as a montage.)
>it ends with robotnik sitting in that iconic floating egg mobile, as he pushes a button, a comically big red one. "Find Chaos Emeralds"
>Robots swarm out of his factory, all based on the originals from the first game. (but realistically metallic looking.)

sounds good

shame the movie looks cheap

Kino as fuck

It's Sonic, dude. The popularity of this franchise and character baffles me. So many shitty games, and the character himself is obnoxious in more than half his incarnations. Pretty much the only thing holding up Sonic as an "icon" now is furries, furries and autistic people.

Yeah but it's typical for Sonic. This awful movie isn't the movie Sonic needs, but it's the one that Sonic deserves.

It looks really cringy with the dumb jokes.

Rick Sanchez

leaked pics of redesign

Attached: fast.jpg (528x1024, 78K)

and new music for the trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=t-uY2QpW51I

Attached: grounder and scratch.png (756x572, 379K)

are redditors the most powerful race in the world?

Thinking about it, you're right. They probably could have just did a standard Sonic vs. Robotnik CGI cartoon movie and made bank. I wonder how they convinced the producers to make a live-action Sonic movie in the first place.

>90s: Sega marketed itself as the "cool" alternative to Nintendo, Sonic was created to personify that
>today: Sonic fandom now consists entirely of the most hopeless, pathetic autismos on the planet

Attached: 1.gif (500x373, 497K)

That sounds ridiculously kino

>most hopeless, pathetic autismos on the planet
Excuse me.

Attached: Moviebob-Mario.jpg (320x475, 29K)

For the love of fuck. I've been asking in any and every thread that has even a hint of Bob in it. There's a pasta that talks about him having sugar for blood and that he "smelled the children before he saw them". Does anyone have it?

>property with a huge Fan base of a beloved Golden Age of Video Games character

I had set a as a kid and liked Sonic a lot more than Mario.

But it was just a video game series, I think there was a cartoon but it was never very popular. Sonic really has no personality or story.

You need to stop pretending everything you saw for the first time before you were fifteen is a “cultural touchstone”, this shit is just as bad as rebooting a property for the third time or making a fifth sequel.

>Sonic really has no personality or story.
You mistook him for Mario.
Play Sonic 3 for story.

>Did no one on this team see this coming? Seriously?
You should read the project history. This was a stinker that originally started at Sony, who developed the project and did everything, including the designs. They also went through several drafts of the script with 5 different writers. Then after spending millions of dollars of developing the movie and hiring actors and crew and a director, the used the project as a tax write-off to recoup their losses, and in turn handed off the project to another studio who wanted the property. That studio was Paramount, who kept the project going just as Sony left it, with the same crew and everything, despite that it was obvious that the project was a clusterfuck that the previous studio had abandoned. And keep in mind, Sony was the studio that did Ghostbusters 2016 and the new upcoming woke Men in Black movie.

>On October 2, 2017, Paramount Pictures announced that they had acquired the rights after Sony Pictures' Columbia Pictures put the film into turnaround. However, most of the production team remained unchanged.[21] In February 2018, it was announced that the movie would be released in November 2019.[22][23]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(film)#Development

Attached: 1556729485654.png (1142x578, 656K)

You know how at the end they show us Robotnik in Eggman mustache and shit.
I just assumed we'd eventually be transfered to Sonic's realm where he wouldn't look like shit.

I just assumed his human world form looked like shit.

Also poor fucking artists. They all probably knew this Sonic was shit. They all probably brought it up several times. And now they'll all probably have to work unpaid overtime.

Sonic was huge, about as big as game franchises get besides Pokemon. Multiple cartoons, comics, everything.

Attached: Macys Day Parade.png (200x300, 111K)

Attached: mjsonic.jpg (500x354, 41K)

Speed is the best stat.
Cocky is the best attitude.
Chili dogs are delicious.

If you don't like Sonic you're fucking lame and a faker.

looks like rain, go cover your mud hut

the hell with Sonic, when's the Kid getting a movie

Attached: kid chameleon.jpg (320x224, 13K)

>MJ exposed as a child molester the same year the Sonic movie comes out

It's just not Sonic's year is it?

Attached: michael jackson boys.png (593x596, 884K)

sounds like actual kino.
hopefully the jokes won’t all be as corny as the trailer

Why did they get rid of the unieye in the first place? It's sonic's defining feature.

Which was worse?

-Gangster paradise
-Sonic teeth
-Sonic design
-Sonic goes so fast he stops time a la quicksilver
-Robotnik using "big words" to call the soldier basic

>Chili dogs are delicious.
Chili Dogs are trash. Chili and wieners go together like water and oil.

I don't know why, but I need to see this movie.

I don't know. There is no pleasing retarded fanbases of anything.

responses like these are why this will earn a billion dollars no matter what they end up doing with it

Sonic in the human world.

It's really like they learned nothing from Sonic 2006.

Will this be the first instance of the internet causing the cancellation of a big-budget movie?

Cancellation?
Don't kid yourself.

They won't change sonic's design either. Director said what had to be said to damage control and he'll give us some stupid excuse in 2 weeks on how they aren't changing a thing.

To be fair, Sonic with humans has always been a thing. Weird hedgehog human romance was even considered back in early concept art.

Attached: madonna sonic.png (992x694, 714K)

>im-fucking-playing the "sonic" they shat out in that trailer wasn't made purposefully bad as a publicity stunt
This is all a marketing gig, they're capitalizing on the "Sonic is bad" narrative. In reality the "redesign" was probably done earlier this year, and they just used the old model for this trailer because they knew it'd get people talking

Attached: 1466185663674.jpg (207x200, 13K)

Haha retards, the real true and honest design is already in the movie. They made this fake ugly one so that everyone would complain about it, and Paramount will look like a cool company by listening to the fans and “changing” it.

Attached: 7FDF3C12-1548-4E53-B771-A63A4E94E2A1.jpg (200x387, 36K)

Do you really think Paramount would do that?

Attached: buster.jpg (480x360, 25K)

nailed it. and everyone fucking fell for it

You're giving these studio fucks too much credit.

You're right. The director is just a virtue signaling cuck and man whore who lets his wife's son fuck him in the ass.

That's so much fucking work for something that isn't going to do well.
It's also a dumb as fuck strategy.

Look at Detective Pikachu. People were really skeptical but the trailers changed minds.

The plan shouldn't be: make shit so you can look cool with something better.
It should be: Make something good.

It's Sonic, though. No one gives a fuck about Sonic the fucking Hedgehog in 2019, especially considering it's going up against DP and Ep9 so they probably figured they'd have to pull some shit to get people talking. And pull some shit they did. Any way you look at it, there's clearly some weird shit going on with this movie.

Real question:
Will Sonic go super Sonic in this movie?

I am an adult male. Over thirty years old. And I will watch both this and detective Pikacku. I . DON'T . CARE . IF . YOU . HATE . ME

No, but Robotnik will find a certain special gemstone in the post credits scene
source: ;)

They are hoping to make this into a franchise, as evidenced by some evidence in the trailer. So probably not. They will probably introduce other characters in the sequels. And the eventually lead to a super sonic ENDGAME

Clown world is just getting started.

Attached: 1555176634048.gif (683x384, 552K)

Would that mean a Knuckles or Tails reveal?

I don't even think about you.

I know they wouldn't do it but Fleetway Super Sonic would be kino as FUCK

Attached: Fleetway_Super_Sonic_4.png (523x1063, 824K)

Attached: 0839-MomDesi.jpg (1200x900, 147K)

I don't think any of us think or care about you.

what makes "Fleetway" SS so special?

well great
that makes me less stressed out that someone is scrutinizing me and judging me
this is really good

You and me both, brother. Fuck it.

Attached: 1556664443709.jpg (799x542, 65K)

I wonder if we could be dealing with some multiverse shit.
The static before the eggman reveal makes it feel like it's some alternate timeline/universe.

>Sonic? You're looking pretty yellow, you okay there?
>SONIC ISN'T HOME RIGHT NOW

Attached: popcorn.gif (498x498, 1.13M)

I thought you didn't care, bro.

he has jaundice

tip top zozzle

]]I[[ ]]DON'T[[ ]]GIVE[[ ]]A[[ ]]FUCK[[ ]]BROOOOO[[

>there will never be a scene where Super Sonic beats the faggot cop and his nigger wife nearly to death

Attached: 1553810359277 (2).jpg (888x767, 69K)

youtube.com/watch?v=LyM1UGD8sqM

It's not as if they didn't even have a reference , Sonic Adventure did the animal/human interaction thing on the Dreamcast decades ago and managed to be less creepy.

It'd be nice but Fleetway Super would be kind of a bit too extreme for a family film

You know what? Good for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=gri2I0SZwgQ
PINGAS

It's honestly the worst character design I've seen.
Not even a sonic fan but I liked the CD game from 95 and mania
The animation and lighting is dreadful as well
If they delayed it a year to completely redo the cgi on sonic I'd be fine with it

Attached: sanic.jpg (1142x801, 320K)

Was just listening to this. And the instrumental version:
youtube.com/watch?v=SaO59yCkujQ

Wel at least it will befunny or die

I believe they already re-did the CGI. I honestly think that trailer was a red herring.

in the fleetway comics sonic is a sarcastic dick to everyone

when he goes SS he wants to murder everyone

Attached: 554e5110fe7985f99b420f4a13348cdf.jpg (878x915, 193K)

Sounds great.
Once they fix the cgi I'll be down as fuck.
If they don't I'll just watch it for the lols

Attached: 68430075.cms.jpg (1200x900, 541K)

>SS he wants to murder everyone
Pretty much this. Fleetway SS is a psychotic bastard that beat the absolute FUCK out of Shadow and tried to kill Amy

This one's good

Last one was most annoying for me. I get annoyed any time I hear someone call someone else basic.

I refuse to believe the actual movie looks that bad but didn't they mention they where spesifiically redesigning the character?
Only upside is that everyone gets to meme gangsters paradise it's one of my favourite weird Al songs to boot so I get a tripe meme whammy

Attached: 1555183935615.png (785x1000, 254K)

More people are paying attention/feel safe to criticize it without being harassed, but as an insult to the original franchise, GhostJUSTers is still worse. The Sonic movie would probably just be a mediocre Sonic movie if not for the abominable Sonic model. Ghostbusters wasn't even a Ghostbusters movie.

Bluepilled

They probably have the scenes already done with different face designs
No big deal

AMV nostalgia
youtube.com/watch?v=lP9DKGhUiaY

yeah just check it out here:

When the director and actors start calling people incels and losers for criticizing the move, perhaps.

New age marketing
The finished film already had "fixed" sanic

Quit calling for their tricks

wow. I've never even seen that one before and it almost made me cry.

It sounds like producer decision made by a producer who had no idea what he was working on but who still though he knew better..

Honestly not bad.

>everyone gets to meme gangsters paradise
Hello soichild.

I hope they make Robotnik a fucking asshole like in the games

Attached: eggprick2.jpg (2256x2042, 500K)

It's Knuckles who doesn't like the blacks.

Attached: blacks.jpg (600x1182, 91K)

So why is his design bad? Sonic has never been about quality. Also he looks better with separate eyes.

It's been a meme to shit on anything related to SEGA for the past few years

How boring. Is this npc logic?

Yes. "Sonic was never good" eventually became "Sega as a whole was never good".

This video is historic. It should be somehow implemented in the movie.

I refuse to believe this whole shit isn't some next level marketing stunt.

There is no way they didn't test screen this garbage before coming public with it.

Trolling isn’t allowed outside of Yea Forums.

How can focus testing have been positive? The major flaw of us humans is a lack of sincerity. I bet they accepted this design just to please some higher-up.

People allocate a piece of their head space dedicated to remembering such useless retardation?

>isn't some next level marketing stunt.
It is. They probably redesigned Sonic months ago, maybe even last year.

How many sonic threads are on this board? The movie isn't even out.

I'm a huge Sega-faggot, user. It makes me sad to see that most people consider the Dreamcast to be a steaming pile of shit nowadays.

Attached: vmg95yd9csg21.png (768x768, 206K)

Is the first instance of so many people caring about particular changed that a movie was changed before it was released?

Tiny turbos was a fun game

Edgy

>The movie isn't even out.
When it's out, the entire North American grid will shut down and there will be no electricity

It's the only instance I've ever seen where a studio basically flat out said "Fuck, fine. We'll change it then, you fucking crybabies"

The problem with focus groups is, that you can pretty much handpick them to enforce your own take on the matter you want to hear criticism of.

it was the 90s

It was edgy in the best way possible. He's basically Broly the Hedgehog. Much better than giving them fucking guns and talking about giant monsters and gods and the apocalypse

>Also he looks better with separate eyes.
no he doesn't. have sex

That cat is happy as all fuck when everything around him is in ruins.

Refusing to watch movies with blacks and gays is the samething as refusing to watch movies with straights and whites. Films and politics have always been intertwined. Just enjoy kino

>giant monsters and gods and the apocalypse
>in pic related
that's pretty fucking weird, not gonna lie

Attached: dcd0dbe2002c1adb7d9646f85138d211 (1).png (420x420, 203K)

sonic is gay lol collect golden rings wow fun game

All the controversy just makes the stock values of Jim Carrey Eggman memes rise higher and higher

unbased and cringepilled

UMMMMM
MEOWWW

unbelievable
but that's the age we live in
and this is a milestone

This whole thing was done on purpose for PR. No one would have cared as much as they do now if they didn't show a fucked up design. Everyone's talking about it, they've done their job.

Attached: DannyS.jpg (617x576, 177K)

pure happy gato feels

You had to have been there, man. It was like the Woodstock for millennials.

that was such a bad ass moment from fucking Mad Men. Ironically, he did think about him tho.

im 26 years old i had it on genesis and it was fucking gay dude

Well, then you were one of the outcast millennials who no normal millennials liked.

30 year old sanic fan here, 3D sanic is glichy trash my dude. if you like the music thats okay though.

it was an ironic moment, yeah. too bad the irony is totally lost on the entirety of the internet when reposting that dumb image

>buy dreamcast
>buyers remorse
>goes off sale a year later
>some fags years later say it was the best

it wasn't, it was noisy

the only good game was ikaruga because you could download it in 1hr because it was 20mb and you could easily burn it

fuck sonic adventure, it was a cringy pile of crap when it came out I was horrified when they started talking behind the music in the fucking weird hotel, then it all went down hill after the glitchy level beach binned that garbage

piracy didn't kill it, there was no games to pirate

fuck sonic
fuck chu chu rocket
fuck fur fighters
fuck revolt
fuck slave zero in its shitty ass
fuck shitty ports
fuck eco the dolphin
fuck wacky races
fuck fishing sims
fuck skyward sword
fuck phantasy online

crazy taxi and ikaruga thats it

dreamcast fags are like the fags who say the saturn was better than the ps1

ok bud go masturbate

That would be retarded. Most people will ignore this shit after seeing the first trailer. The only people who will continue watching their shit are people looking to laugh so they won't care if they fix it either

nobody likes anyone who visits Yea Forums autismo

>>In a 6 month crunch period
this will take less than a day to fix my dude they literally didn't care

nice comeback (you didn't even think about it for five seconds)

In the past it was different. The elite visited Yea Forums and everyone else were losers. I suppose to oldfags keep coming back despite the younger influx being mostly losers.

why would i spend longer than 5 seconds thinking about some fagtard serial masturbator

>fuck phantasy star online
Come on now.

Alita's problem was the pupils looked disproportionate to the rest of the eye. Once they corrected that she was perfect.

Sonic will have to be completely redesigned. Everything was wrong. When I saw the back of him it felt like I was looking at a small naked child. I felt inappropriate looking at it.

this website was created by a homosexual to talk about anime

>born in 1993
>claims he played a console from 1989

Were you like 3 when your mommy bought you a used Sega Genesis? Or are you just afraid to admit you only first picked up a Genesis game as a Wii Shop port in the mid-2000s?

look at this Yea Forums used to be an elite board. If it's shit now, it's because YOU don't put any effort into it. And that makes YOU a loser. Not Yea Forums

>this nigga never played Hydro Thunder

The final shot of Robotnik by itself makes me want to watch it. I like the story they gave him.

anime is japanese, not homosexual. there are no homosexual in japan. next topic

Canadian homos are forcing it

Keep drinking your onions then you fucking numale

This. I know it gets better but they just couldn't show it. Jim Carrey as crazy ass robotnik with crazy facial hair is just the best idea anyone has ever had, as far as I'm concerned.

>there are no homosexual in japan

user....

They did not see the autism attached to Sonic coming.

The "shitstorm" is just a bunch of autists throwing a fit but since the internet allows their voice to be heard, we have all of this happening.

Lots of IPs had shit adaptations, their fanbase threw tantrums? Yes, but they weren't autistic enough to keep it for weeks.

Autism is one hell of a drug.

of course, they stopped selling games

I remember looking for the section one day and all the games where taken off shelf

not even discounted , every store

I was born in 1992 and my dad bought it for my oldest brother who was born in 1986. I mostly played sonic 3. Go play with your gay sonic dolls

If it is a PR move, it's a risky one. The way these backlashes go is hard to predict and the non-fan viewer base can be turned off permanently thanks to the first trailer.

My Yaoi disagree with you, s-senpai!

OKAY maybe Yukio Mishima's lover was gay (even if if Yukio Mishima himself was straight as FUCK but willing to be interested in otherwise sexualities for some reason [for research reasons, surely])

blame Arin Hanson of Game Grumps

Could JC Eggman defeat Thanos?

I was on Yea Forums in 2007. Yea Forums was always fucking gay and filled with weirdos and perverts that nobody IRL liked. Stop talking about things you don't understand.

newhalfs are not gay user

its because they actually planned the backlash and orchestrated it... how else do you think they are going to change it so fast? just make a crappy trailer with bad version of sonic and that's it. don't be so gullible.

It's debatable.

glad you knew to say male and not man

I was on Yea Forums in 2004 and back then it was filled with the smartest people you could ever find irl, because Yea Forums itself was so hard to find at that time. I didn't fit in because I wasn't as smart as they were. But at least I found them.

ok lol

those people are building companies now
i hope you think that's funny

Damn, these sanic threads are a trip

down memory lane

Its risky yeah but think about it. No one has really ever done it before. More people know about this movie now because of the memes etc. Risky move but could really be smart marketing.

The real question is why the fuck the focus group testing returned with the results that this design was the preferable one to any other design including what would obviously be a on-model game-Sonic. And don't say they didn't focus test. They always fucking focus test. And the focus testing gave us the abomination. They didn't do anything wrong here, they followed the focus testing and should be a sign that audiences are completely fucking retarded.

Let's be real here. It's obvious they didn't ask the Internet in the focus testing, which is where Sonic fans dwell. And now because they never understood where the fanbase is, they have to spend probably a fair chunk of change to redo the CG. That's going to come out of someone's pocket.

Pure, unbridled kino. I want to see it now.

I am happy that Based Paramount is going to redesign Sonic for the live-action Sonic movie. Hopefully, Sonic's arms will NOT be blue in the live-action Sonic movie. Also, I hope that Sonic will look like his old-school classic version in the live-action Sonic movie (pic related).

Attached: sonicthehedgehog.png (320x500, 161K)

The problem is that Sonic is a shit design any way you look at it. No, I don't mean the movie design, I mean the cartoon and game design.

They have to try and make that piece of shit work in a live action movie. Good fucking luck. It literally does look like an autistic, braindamaged, transgender fuck-stain with a cognitive age of 7 drew it.

That is kino as fuck!

Attached: sonicmania.png (800x450, 643K)

getting angry about the fast running hedgehog movie

Attached: 1552634438009.png (645x773, 11K)

People have been brainwashed by the adage, "any publicity is good publicity". It's bullshit in some circumstances especially when it comes to video game movies.

Video game movies are on the backfoot even today. There is still a stigma attached to video games so any movie is going to be at a disadvantage from the get-go. If it isn't fucking Pokemon or something the mainstream appeal just won't be there. If some genius thought it would be okay to have a PR stunt start with negativity, it's not only risky as you said, it's outright fucking retarded. Video game movies already start with "okay" appeal, a PR stunt that revolves around negativity smashes it down to "bad" appeal. And what's worse is that most people aren't going to give any fucks about the trailer so if their first impression of the film is some fucking memes on Facebook, you've utterly shot yourself in the face because you let some memey shit plant a flag before anything your marketing team officially releases.

lol at this clueless faggot

>kintobor
This old shit still? Just fucking call him Eggman. Stop living in 1991.
>it's another Japanese IP gets butchered and all the changes are kept in when dubbed to nip, confusing and alienating the audience enough to make it flop in JP episode

He wants his name AND his address so he can doxx him

I love that song fuck off killjoy

Attached: REEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (700x500, 154K)

i can't read this plot
what if it's real?

My mind's not changed. It's too gritty looking for Pokemon which is colorful at its core, and it looks dark so you can't see how bad everything looks. I don't know why people are excited for this.

>kid's game
Sonic Adventure 2 is unironically more deep and entertaining than 90% of the shit this board praises

Attached: 1525820742356.jpg (640x480, 44K)

You NIGGER

Pink Light Saber... make so.ething so obviously wrong with the movie that all other faults are basically null.

wtf is going on with that seatbelt?

And is it really allowed to drive? Jesus...

IAN BRANDON SOMETHING

It's on rails belt that tightens itself by pulling on the more proper location.

>In a 6 month crunch period to completely redesign character before the film is released.
don't they just have to change the skin

Yes perfect. Sonic was even in Wreck it Ralph 2. And he looked perfect. I really wish Paramount would just put it out as is so we can laugh for eternity.

Attached: 32732220-CA52-413B-8A2B-770BDC66A0B0.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

its a sonic movie dude, not avengors/game of bones/Tru Detective

i wish viviantheg never removed that video

>first capeshit
>now this
And you faggots actually caring about all of it. Yikes.

this actually sounds good

Yea Forums is full of morons. Why do you guys care about AMERICAN video game movies, especially live action ones? They will always be shit, don't give your money to these greedy fucks who are only in it for the cash and have no interest in pleasing fans of the franshise. This is being target towards drones and I am being serious when I use that word. If Japan had done this you would see something completely different.

They already had another version ready to go, and this was just proving to some dumbass with too much money or power that everyone would hate his version.

It's confirmed, director of the sonic movie has heard the feedback and is changing the sonic design.

DON'T CALL ANYBODY

>property with a huge Fan base of a beloved Golden Age of Video Games
imagine being this delusional.

Donald J. Trump

>fuck phantasy online
DELETE THIS, OR I'LL DELETE YOU

Attached: 215.jpg (505x490, 32K)

Never understood the appeal of Sonic games. As a platformer, when moving slowly, the controls are shit. When going fast, it becomes an uncontrollable mess.
Toejam & Earl, now that's a game I like.

Same here, chief

Hey, better this way around, even if it is a stunt than actual games.
There the trailers give you a false promise of great graphics and a good game.