Hey

Hey.

Look at me.

Bitch

Attached: avatarfagsbtfo.png (572x715, 336K)

Get fucked avatarfags

We won.

PURPLE MAN MOVIE BEATS BLUE CAT MOVIE
BASED

>the face of the entire medium is a fotm capeshit
I'M NEVER GONNA DANCE AGAIN

Marvelchads rise up! Time to celebrate!

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!
A MOOBIE MADE MONEY!!!!!
HONEY CALL THE BULL WE'RE CELEBRATING!!!!

Fucking based.

595 days until Avatar 2 you marvel fags. Enjoy it whilst it lasts. We’re coming for you.

Attached: B86FEC0D-E51A-4F50-B7F4-CFE604277C82.jpg (249x243, 14K)

'most money earned' is not the face of the entire medium you fucking retard. it's significantly prefereable to avatar being the 'face of the entire medium' anyways

I'm a GWTWchad so why would I care

Who cares user? Avatar is owned by Disney now. We win anyway. :D

I unironically feel sorry for people who feel like they've accomplished something when an ultra-commercial movie makes the profit it was expected to. It seems an odd thing to feel a sense of accomplishment over.

Don't forget the Mouse owns you now.

>We
do you own shares in Disney

DON'T YOU SAY IT

Attached: 1556802958110.gif (426x176, 1.78M)

>it's significantly prefereable to avatar being the 'face of the entire medium' anyways
It doesn't really make any difference. Pollution is pollution, it doesn't matter what's printed on the barrels of toxic waste.

>it's significantly prefereable to avatar being the 'face of the entire medium' anyways
Fucking how?

ON YOUR LEFT

It's actually over $1.7 billion now

No...why asking?

Anyway,any ideas for Phase 4 Yea Forums? Would love to hear them.

Look at both movies by ticket sales or inflation adjustments, bitch

>WE DID IT GUYS! WE WON, WE MADE THE JEWS SO MUCH MONEY, IM HELLA FUCKING HYPED RIGHT NOW!

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 499K)

Doctor Doom movie

Disney doesn't own the Avatar IP, smooth-brain. They only have the publishing rights, which Cameron could strip from them if he pleases.

BASED James Cameron raising the bar again for sci-fi after the faggotry that was the 2010s.

Avatar 4 will do $5billion. Screenshot this.

It is to 99% of the population. This is gonna validate capebabies for the rest of time.
And Avatar was a masterpiece of filmmaking

>Avatar 4

Why so racist? Disney are awesome
I feel threatened by your conceptions

By the time it comes out natural inflation rates should mean $5 billion is equivalent to $100 million today.

>at 1.6B vs. Avatar's 2.8B even though it's already been a week
>it will definitely beat it, just wait a couple more weeks!

what did he mean by this

endgame's story is no more sophisticated than avatar's

>AVATAR WILL LOSE! PLEBBIT TOLD ME SO! REEEEE YOU CAN'T KEEP WINNING!

Attached: 1517421768626.png (1080x1081, 341K)

>inflation
Good point, 2.78 billion in 2009 USD is equivalent to 3.3 billion this year!

>plotfag
Avatar is a technicaly masterpiece that hasn't been matched since. Marvelflicks still look like PS2 games

endgame's is automatically worse since it involves time travel

*cuts Endgame's legs*

Attached: 1551471679340.jpg (630x630, 44K)

disney controls the market now. they will manipulate so every new release get the next best thing ever.

That's literally every corporation on the planet.

honestly i'm convinced.

based jim

all rise for the queen of Yea Forums

Attached: Zoe_Saldana_by_Gage_Skidmore_3.jpg (2255x3480, 2.99M)

>I'm pretending to be retarded!

>Zoe wins either way
How is she so fucking based

Get fucked Avatarfag

Attached: oh no no no.jpg (570x555, 120K)

Avatar is a solid 7/10 just due to Cameron's stellar visuals and action directing. He's easily the best action blockbuster director of all time.
End game was a solid 5/10 but i would maybe bump it to a 6/10 considering how well the Russos handled the sheer amount of characters on screen without making it feel like a mess.
Both don't DESERVE to be the highest grossing films of all time based on what they are at their core. But as far as please all, family friendly, popcorn blockbusters go, there aren't many more that I'd rather see stand in their place apart from Jurassic park.

Attached: hsui888.jpg (346x146, 6K)

>plotfag
It's like judging an album based on the cover art kek. It's the least important part of a movie.
There are 10/10 movies with no plot at all. But you'll never find a good movie with trash cinematography or editing. It's LITERALLY the fundamental part of a film, the only thing separating film from theatre.

>literally re-inventing 3d tech AGAIN for A2
>perfected underwater 3d photography for A2
>trained literal children to hold their breather for 4 minutes to get the shots he demands
>Kate Winslet joining the cast who are all reprising their roles
>based quartrich back in some form for both sequels confirmed

Face it capecucks. Based Jim doesn't lose. All you're doing is motivating him to put you further into the ground.

Attached: hasta la vista.webm (960x382, 2.81M)

the future is beautiful

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-02 at 10.23.01 pm.png (926x75, 33K)

No, it really isn't.

Are you the only person who's in the middle

>handled the sheer amount of characters on screen
everyone says this but it's not an accomplishment. it's not a technical challenge to have as many stars as you like show their face at least once . all it needs is budget

you know, it could actually happen
your average capeshitter is so brainwashed they will go multiple times and delude themselves into thinking they won some kind of victory

Why does anyone give a fuck how much money a movie makes if none of it ends up in your account?

You're not a cuck are you?

I think Avatar 2 will get the top spot back if Avatar loses it.

As someone that has no interest in capeshit.
I am honestly glad Endgame is doing better than Avatar. Because at least Marvel feels like a cultural event while Avatar did well because it looked good.

Infinity War was much better.

lol at people coming out the cinema believing they didn't spend their money needlessly

Exchange rates in a lot of countries is now much poorer, so the international gross of Avatar will dip significantly

Cape shit is cape shit but Avatar was absolute garbage.

Get fucked Avatar.
Cameron's only bad movie.

Attached: 1556414751997.png (1329x797, 852K)

what was the name of that trip who shilled avatar for months

I didnt really mean it in that way. I meant how it flows well. Look at justice league as a comparison, it's all over the place with a lot less characters.

The 3 Avatar films in development are just scams.

Attached: Buissness man.png (314x318, 176K)

all these movies are scams

Not in the large markets like China and France.

Damn. China sure loves white people, huh.

>after a century of comics consisting characters that were based on ancient deities from ancient stories that spanned over a millennia ago
>after generation after generation of vidya, retcon, fan service, and all other kinds of marketing
>after billions upon billions of dollars spent on over 22 movies over the past decade
>after all the effort humanity put in leading up to this finale
>imagine... just imagine... it doesn't do it
>just imagine, that standalone film FROM said decade ago that began that cinematic challenge remains at the top
>imagine it doesn't break that 3 billion and become the top grossed movie in human history
>imagine, after ALL that, it STILL doesn't come out on top
>just... imagine

Attached: 1556395155203.jpg (358x318, 96K)

oh I hope they bumped up the designs of the Na'vi...

Attached: Queen of Cats.webm (1728x720, 2.81M)

what do you mean?

Attached: Neytiri_4500.jpg (1934x1088, 226K)

>2019 movie beating a movie that came out a decade ago
Nothing to gloat about. Lmfao.

Only took them 10 years and 21 movies leading up to it.

yeah if anything that's pretty sad it took this long. Avatar was a solo film all on its own and still did 2.7 billion. didnt really even like the movie all that much, but they set a record that wont ever be beaten.

Attached: laughtiri.webm (1280x720, 665K)

the retarded ballsack man capeshit is unironically better written and acted than avatar which is one of the worst well-regarded films of all time.

I mean Avatar had revolutionary 3D.
The revolutionary thing about the MCU is able to connect all these movies and brings these characters together in a satisfying matter.
Both movies are accomplishments in their own right

And literally billions in marketing. The Avengers movies probably cost close to 2 billion in marketing alone, and all the other big MCU releases cost anywhere between 150-250 million per film.

the mcu didn't connect shit
hiring the same actors and convenient writing isn't a universe

Is that why every other universe failed to replicate the MCU success?

>Avengers fight big threat
>Go on to do solo film
>Iron Man (or whoever) faces big villain, who destroys cities
>Doesnt need the Avengers
that's not connecting. lmfao. disney cuck

You know what I mean

Attached: mres.png (254x491, 222K)

I didn't see either movie hahaha

where did i say the mcu wasn't successful? where did i imply i even gave a shit about cinematic universes?

There's literally no way for Avatar 2 to make as much as the first movie. The only reason it made so much money was because of the new 3D meme, other than that it was a boring predictable movie.

more than that dude

>not knowing James is releasing a 3D movie that doesn't need glasses

no...

Attached: Neytiri_4523.jpg (1934x1088, 202K)

There's no other way.

Attached: murr'ress.png (1199x1699, 2.85M)

Avatar CGI vs Marvel CGI (a decade later by the way)

Attached: marvel-cgi.jpg (1503x836, 149K)

na'vi are not cats

Attached: Neytiri_4539.jpg (1934x1088, 209K)

You can't be THIS bluepilled...
no pun intended

I wouldn't call it so early, the movie is starting to lose steam and isn't blowing up everywhere, I hope his ugly s()y face is proven wrong
I'm a Cameronfag but also a Russofag
they are the only guys who could possibly do it
it's all downhill from here for capeshit though, the Russos are leaving, RDJ gone, Evans gone, the main charismatic figures replaced by Brie Larson, it's all over
The next decade is going to be all Cameron
prepare your anuses

You had a nice run, avatarfags.

Attached: 399043902903.jpg (827x1032, 73K)

it's starting to lose steam when it's about to have the biggest 2nd weekend in history and just had the biggest monday/tuesday/wednesday non holiday/openers ever?

kek

Zoe is so hot and based

Attached: 1556527310296.png (287x425, 124K)

Man she looks nothing like Gamora

No no no no I'm in charge here you can't do that!

> biggest monday/tuesday/wednesday non holiday/openers ever
>non holiday/openers
is that the best you can do?
and having the 2nd best weekend in history is the bare minimum to beat the highest grossing movie of all time, it's capeshit won't have Avatar legs

Based

Attached: xxx_days_until_avatar_2.webm (800x450, 2.84M)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Yeah I'm sure Pocahontas 2 is gonna be great.
You delusional fool.

Cool name me one villian in a solo Marvel movie that destroys a city

BIGGEST SECOND WEEKEND, NOT SECOND TO BIGGEST WEEKEND

It'll be at 2.2 monday morning. It can waltz to 2.8 off of the worst legs in MCU history at that point

Mad?

wasn't so worried at 1.4 but...

Attached: 7247557474.png (736x842, 501K)

Cameron says he wants it be to like godfather
which worries me
because the sopranos fucking sucks

both movies suck though so who gives a shit?

>fotm

Nope
Chinese holidays are over & Pikachu will kill it week 3

it's going to beat Titanic though if you don't adjust for inflation, which no one ever does even though tickets for Titanic were like 5 bucks

non holiday is a lie, it's making so much in China because it's been the holidays over there

Lmao you're an actual retard if you think your furry shit will do anything. It will be between 2.2 - 2.4 billion by the end of this weekend, or TEN DAYS. Then it just needs $400 - 600m to beat Avatar, which it could do in one week

>non holiday is a lie, it's making so much in China because it's been the holidays over there

I'm talking about domestic days, faggot

And when the movie clears 2.1b after the weekend (it's tracking to easily), the math will state that it can beat avatar with the worst multiplier in mcu history after 2nd week

How can DCucks cope now that they have to beat Avatar and Endgame?

hfyfags really stroking their ego
even if it beats a decade old film, how much did it take in reality? over a century of work from millions?

says alot about uor society....

I don't understand why Avatar garnered the attention that it did. Literally space Pocahontas. However, I'll admit that it's impressive that a brand new IP was able to get the top spot, compared to Endgame which had 11 years and 23~ movies backing it.

>no 3d meme to save them now
OH NO NO NO

for one, it's not your typical edgy sci-fi

Attached: the purple pill.png (1200x1544, 1.9M)

Both were mediocre as fuck. Avatar was groundbreaking visually but offered nothing new for story

Attached: 1529774481984.gif (500x281, 3.77M)

Based

There is one way
Many, that must all be done at once, in sync

EARRRAGGH! BUT OUR MAKE-UP! OUR MAKE-UP!!!!! AURURARGH. NO!!!!

Attached: 1488648299809.jpg (954x794, 198K)

12 days* also it will be lucky to break 2.1 bil after this weekend
it all rests on if it slows down in China, which is highly likely due to holidays ending

Episode IX will beat Endgame.

End Game's competition is really piss poor, fucking ugly dolls, what is that?

Pikachu should have been released earlier

souless oportunistic garbage being rape by the biggest event on modern movie history.

fuck it. ENDGAME deserve every penny of it, i may watch again just to add to the humiliation.

ENJOY MEXICAN BOOMER TERMINATOR, FAGGOTS.

>ugly dolls
chucky came out?

Mousefag

Reminder that both movies are shit and in 15 years people will be on to some new toy while real classics are remembered.

Imagine if Avatar had 10 years and 22 films to build up tension

>biggest event on modern movie history.
you guys are so sad. a fictional movie that you wont remember in 20 years is a big event in your life? bunch of incels. have sex.

Attached: 1556026677704.png (353x405, 151K)

That's a testament to Marvel if anything, they made 22 fucking films and the average is 900M per movie, could Avatar do it in the time Marvel did? Well it's taking more than a decade for a sequel so no

more than that

Iron Man 1 happened 11 years ago, everyone still remembers it and talks about it, Endgame is that pumped to a hundred. Cry more and have sex incels.

WRONG

>everyone still remembers it and talks about it,
No shit because it was the start of the movie franchise that just released its zenith movie.

>incels
fat virgin detected.

And Endgame is the finale

No it isnt. The capeshit train will ride on so long as chinese love seeing shitty cgi action with white people.

this is the most that anyone has talked about avatar in 10 years

Not just China, it had a $350 NA opening, first to enter the 300's

based avatar reminder

That's for Endgame genius. America I'm not worried about. MCU just put in time machines and once that makes shit toxic, people will see MCU films less domestically.

Chinese have a gigantic attachment rate for shit films which is why I talk about them specifically. See Transformers.

It's going to stop at 2.5 Billion, Pikachu is going to really eat it's lunch on Week 3

>not adjusted for inflation
lmfao delusional cape-ies

oh no no no

This.

I truly think people will be less amped in the west for MCU because of no more RDJ. It's the chinese that really fuel these movies for a long time.

Why do bloggers celebrate as if they're going to get any of the returns on this movie

Episode IX wont beat Episdoe VIII

Only retards adjust for inflation

I have no clue how Avatar got more popular than something like Takers

>it takes Marvel 10 years and 22 continuous movies just to build up to one movie that can come close to it
>Avatar was a single movie
oh no no no no no no

Attached: 1556801455110.jpg (448x455, 220K)

why do you think anyone expects money
this is basically like sports fans talking shit about the other team. It's about "your team" winning

nigger, it is what it is: a success.

im into carl theodore dreyer and john cassavettes and some jean cocteau but i can watch some capeshit without acting like some neurotic jew or a screaming pseudo nerd desperate to belong.

yeah, one side did a whole cool mythology that made billions along the way, the other has literally zero relevance other than gimmicks.

Iron Man begins
Iron Man dies

>implying any marvcel movie is "relevant"

Have sex

>12 days
It's been out 6 days domestically and 10 internationally. In fact, over half of the foreign markets opened the same day as the US

End Game made 300m more than Infinity War in the opening, 900m vs 1.2bil (China/Russia etc had IW delayed a week, im putting them in to make the 900m)

IW ended at 2b worldwide with honestly no competition, EG needs almost 800m more than that to beat Avatar, it's already 300m ahead of IW so only 500m to go, but to do that, it has to basically have 3 things line up

-Detective Pikachu has to bomb (unlikely)
-Chinese audience who saw it on the Tues-Thurs Holiday were not the same people waiting to see it on the Weekend but saw it during the Holiday Weekdays instead (toss up due to no historical data, it's rare for an American movie to be released during this chinese holiday)
-Marvel fanboys keep seeing it again & again, even on the 3rd weekend (likely)

Not a Cameron fan, i thought Avatar was a shitty tech demo, but here are the facts

Can someone explain to a brainlet like me why this all isn't calculated according to the number of ticket sold? Seems like a more objective way to gauge a movies popularity.

tickets have doubled in price since 2009

It will bomb just like Alita Battle Angel

I dont know which one your referring to

I like this idea. Dooms armor is left overs from ultrons army during sokovia, with some personal tweeks.

>endg*me scrapes past Avatar making $2.8bn overall
>few months before release of Avatar 2
>based Jim re-releases Avatar so everyone has a chance to get back up to speed in the way it was meant to be watched
>Avatar earns enough to push it over the $3bn mark and solidify its position over endg*me
>Avatar 2 makes $3.5bn - $4bn overall
>mass suicide of capeshitters causes Avatar 4 to perform significantly better
Where were you when capeshit fans were given false hope of glory only to have it rightfully ripped away from them only a few months later?

Attached: 1517261755022.png (376x242, 16K)

There's many ways to watch a movie nowadays. Gauging a movie's popularity based on ticket sales alone is also flawed.

Flavor of the millennium

I was expecting something more based

What if Marvel rerelease Endgame months after its run is over?

>Capeshit v.s Pocahontas in space
It's all straight trash

Attached: 1544208292504.jpg (225x225, 10K)

That was weebshit he was co-director for.

>pocahontas
>not dances with wolves
Retarded meme frog poster

I never got the reason for all the Avatar hype. I didnt know it did those numbers though, damn.

It took more than just that breh

>they'll still say pirates are ruining the industry

>imagine using the meme that stemmed from an MCU movie against all of the MCU

It only made as much money as it did because it was the biggest 3D CGI movie at the time and no one had seen a movie like that. Now those type of movies are seen on a yearly basis and everyone hates 3D. This was back when people were amazed at small shit like video games with motion controls and phones with touch screen. Mark my words, Blue Cats 2 will not make as much money as the first.

Attached: 1552980889450.gif (500x375, 618K)

avatar was one of the most boring movies I've ever watched, sure looked great visually but holy fuck snoozefest

You mean like Jaws 3-D? Yikes!

>Plot is the least important part of a movie
Based retarded poster

Attached: okfrog.jpg (494x498, 30K)

>plebbit told me so
why would redditors say something like that, considering reddit is THE James Cameron hub?

There are ways.
If he does a few key things, it will, make billions.

Attached: DAD755E9-2956-49E1-8297-80ABA67D92EF.jpg (720x720, 42K)

The fact that Yea Forums is celebrating that Disney is gonna new their way into the number one spot feels like it's opposite day. The only movie that was truly deserved for the number 1 spot was Jurrassic Park. Anything afterwards were just OK movies.

NOOOOOOOOO AVATAR BROS WE GOT TOO COCKY

Based falseflagger.

YES

YES

I LOVE CORPORATIONS MAKING MONEY! AVATOLD? MORE LIKE, AVENGOWNED! LOL!

You can tell a Redditor made this.

Unironically kys, you utter retard. Cameron took ten years to develop the technology necessary for Avatar, while the mouse took ten years to throw shit at the wall and have you lick it off. Infinity War and Endgame are both badly written garbage for s󠀀oy󠀀 gurgling retards, as is all mouseshit.

Wrong movie, cringe faggot.

That's what butthurt haters actually believe. Cry more.