Dude watch like 30 episodes then you'll get hooked

>dude watch like 30 episodes then you'll get hooked

Fuck shows like this, you're just convincing yourself to like it because you already invested time into it.

Attached: 250px-The_Wire_-_Season_1.jpg (250x341, 24K)

>never talked about on Yea Forums
>has nearly an all black cast
I wonder why this show is barely discussed on this board

Never heard anyone say that.

i dont like game of thrones. i tried watching it a few times but its dumb and boring.

Because it's a boring as shit where nothing good happens unless Omar is on screen

only got through 3 eps of generic cawp drama shit and niggers nigging before saying fuck it. actually, to the scene where the nigger kids try to explain chess to one another, whenever that was. best show ever if you're about 65 iq.

Attached: 1553919837559.png (779x582, 914K)

Yea Forums is the most low IQ board.

Yeah I watched S1E1 to give it a shot and finishing it felt like a chore. I’m not into fantasy shit and everyone dickriding the show so hard didn’t help.

the season with the mayor shit was so fucking boringgggggggggggggggggggg

kys culture warrior, deadwood is a nearly all white show that Yea Forums loves and is yet hardly talked about

>I don't like this show therefore everyone else is pretending to like

At least try to pretend that you are not a wetnosed Zoomer

i like lord of the rings. but not that boring ass shit.

Undoubtedly

I know TV is shit but if you genuinely don't like the wire you're 100% pleb

>got
>boring

yikes you have worse ADHD than normies, how does it feel?

It should hook you in like six episodes and that's not because it's bad but just because it's a slow build that doesn't expect you to be a retard.

>AYO NIGGA WUTZ GUUD B DEEZ WHITE BOYZ TRYNNA JINGLE A NIGGA NAWWATIMEAN??
>good

If /pol/ was capable of logical thoughts it should love a show depicting niggers as niggers.

>t. hasn't watched the show
They make it very clear that hood rats aren't angels and that a large of part of the misery that inner city black people experience comes from the actions of other black people. But it also addresses how the system fails blacks too.
David Simon is one of those commies that doesn't work under the pretense of political correctness.

reminder: rawls is gay

I'm just glad Bodie managed to get his shit together and eventually become the Point Guard of Oklahoma City Thunder. "Next Question?"

I liked it from the start.

That's Yea Forums.

It's not that great but Omar and Bunk were great characters. It does depict the reality of niggers in a way that's probably already offensive for some reason. Also Bubbles redemption arc was comfy.

It's a good show, not that plebs like you would understand. Go back to NCIS.

Attached: thebunk.jpg (320x240, 20K)

its talked about all the time and shitposting aside nearly everyone recognises it as an extremely good show
your obsession with idpol is blinding you

it's unironically great from the first episode though. It's not a cliffhanger tier 'drama' like Breaking Bad or something where you need to wait for the action to start. It's just good writing and dialogue. The accents are a bit iffy in season 1 but its pretty much kino all the way througout

some contrarian will post the chess scene copypasta and call me a 'wirefag' now or something but there honestly has never been a show i've come across that has such a wide cast of fairly fleshed out characters and tackles as many different issues and parts of society with the same level of depth

>ywn EVER be a great big fat homicide sergeant who just eats and farts around all day at the taxpayer's expense
Feels very, very bad man.

Attached: landsman.jpg (1024x768, 70K)

>best show ever if you're about 65 iq.

Attached: reaction7.jpg (480x640, 12K)

fuck off don't blame /pol/ for this retard
i'm far far right but i still think the show is excellent, its just shitposting
despite the writer being a fairly leftist jew, it doesnt lean into it nearly as much as modern shows do, im glad it was made when it was.
it highlights the struggles blacks have in those shitty poor areas, but then pretty much dumps on everyone equally for it. Remember, every single time the Wire points out how the government and bureaucracy is failing muh poor baltimore blacks - they're taking shots at the democrats/leftists who have ran it for decades. There really isn't all that much 'fuck whitey' in it, when it mentions race politics its usually quite cynically as in 'you cant be police commissioner/governor in this town because you're black/white'

Jay is a good detective when he wants to be, as when Greggs got shot. But most of the time he's just a lazy fuck.

unironically lads, how the fuck did they make a show with easily over 50 fairly fleshed out characters played by previously almost unknown actors and have nearly every single one be great?
the only really bad performances that stick out are Daniels and that one white homicide cop who died on a stairmaster
even the kids were good

While certain aspects of this show feel dated at times (some of the acting, especially from the dock workers in season 2, yeesh) it's overall still one of if not the finest written shows of all time. Anyone who doesn't enjoy this show has a low IQ.

i didnt even think about the kids in season four
normally kid actors stick out but they did a pretty damn good job

What's wrong with Daniels? He had a quiet intensity that dared you to fuck with him.

And Ray Cole was played by the show's producer, so not a real actor. He also died in real life so they used the stairmaster story to write him out of the show.

>some of the acting, especially from the dock workers in season 2
non-american here, can you elaborate?

By having about half of the actors literally play themselves.

I prefer OZ.

Fun fact: The kid that played Wallace went on to play both Killmonger in Black Panther and the title character in the Creed movies.

Attached: wallacemonger.png (1047x351, 606K)

>dude let’s just make drug trafficking de facto legal lmao

Attached: 4CCC2EE3-6CC3-4128-AED6-5490CA626CD9.jpg (350x233, 21K)

Hamsterdam was a work in progress.

and everything turned out better... really makes you think
orangeface.jpg

100% correct.

>good writing and dialogue.
No it isn't.

It was a real political plan in Baltimore and basically what they did in Christiania.

>dude let's just have a literal child kill him in the third to last episode lmao
What were they thinking?

Attached: omar little.jpg (1600x1060, 165K)

>i'm far far right

more like far far away from ever having sex

i remember an interview with simon where he explained that this was a brief window at hbo when tv shows were extremely writer centric, the writers had a lot of control and the actors were a mix of tv veterans and local nobodies that would deliver what the writer wanted reliably and without a fuss. but now prestige tv dramas are a big deal and hollywood assholes want in, so the writer is overruled by some big name actor that wants to hire his pals, produce, co-write, direct some episodes and so on. that's why simon's current show has to be a gimmicky vehicle for james franco to play twins horribly. that golden age of the wire, sopranos, deadwood etc is done.

you know people compare this to Thrones all the time, right?

The Wire is boring, dude. Face it. Don't feel bad. All cop shows are boring and played out. The Wire just sucks a little bit more than the rest.

>Miami Vice >> The Wire

This kills the faggot.

What was that one cop show where a cop was forced to give a crackhead a blowjob in exchange for his life?

There is a thread literally every day about this show

Mcnulty... my office

Attached: 1547825875853.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

i almost didnt watch got because of that fantasy shit in first episode. watch the 2nd episode. first 4 seasons are god tier and definitely worth watching. there isnt too much of fantasy stuff and writing and characters are great

it's like 3 episodes at most

>The Wire is boring

Attached: 1541519561675.jpg (821x797, 120K)

I know people used to compare The Wire to Breaking Bad before

It's normally compared to the Sopranos (I don't know why either when the Sopranos is clearly superior). And superior to Plebbit of Drones.

Ah, a Gabagoolist enters. Can't help yourselves, ever.

Attached: # 6.jpg (500x500, 96K)

>tfw barely liked the show until 15 episodes in
>tfw only thought it was a masterpiece upon rewatch

i am unironically that guy. the wire takes time to adapt to because it's not structured or written like most other tv shows

>tfw i now consider it the best show of all time with season 1 being the best season

Attached: 1398537061791.png (1585x1527, 101K)

I got hooked on the show in the pilot because well it is not like most mother tv shows.

I've rewatched it at least 10 times now, and every watch I find something else I didn't notice before. It is truly a visual novel.

Season 2 is pleb filter.
I want all season 2 haters shipped to r*ddit

daniels, cutty, kima, & nick all make that cut too

>What's wrong with Daniels? He had a quiet intensity that dared you to fuck with him.
really stiff line delivery, limited range

if you watch him in anything else youll notice this pattern (he did voice acting in Destiny.. same rigid delivery)

>tfw they remastered the show in a cropped and panned 16:9 ratio instead of original 4:3

Attached: 1553162761680.jpg (500x769, 89K)

Based. Season 2 and season 1 are the only truly great seasons, it's all downhill after. But it's a very gentle downhill slope and then a sharp drop off.

I don't understand how/why this show keeps getting discussed.

Attached: 8SYXiip.jpg (750x751, 154K)

The only thing I don't really like about season 2 was the introduction of Brother Mouzone. He seemed too much like a cartoon villain.

Based af, I like this user a lot

I was hooked from episode 1, I don't know OP. Maybe you're a bit of a fag.

If you don't get hooked by the first episode you're probably an idiot.

What do you all think of the deuce?

Just finished the 2nd season, it's pretty comfy. Dont like James franco or the bitchy NYU girl his character dates, but everyone else is almost as solid as the wire.

>tfw chris partlow looks the same 10 years later but Frank sobotka doesn't need a fat suit or bald cap anymore

Attempted the show twice and have to admit it takes around 4 episodes for it to click. Now one of my GOAT shows with Seasons 1, 2 and 4 being some of the greatest in television. What ranks it below Sopranos , Twin Peaks and Evangelion for me is the final season’s serial killer arc jumping the shark.

Slightly related: on the topic of Sopranos, I only find that imperfect due to the amount of goddamn car crashes used as a plot device. One of the best endings to a show ever though.