Are they incompetent or modern day geniuses?

Are they incompetent or modern day geniuses?

Was the last episode such a shitshow because they have no talent, are surrounded by yes-men, don't care anymore, and HBO doesn't provide any quality control or oversight since the show will make money anyway?

Or did they make it awful on purpose, knowing that in this day and age it would generate endless debates on the internet, controversy, articles and even more exposure, far more than a satisfying conclusion would have?

Attached: 34543535435234.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cGh3s0lPxCQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably the latter. They would be truly based if the next episode has the Lannister army + Golden Company rolling up on Winterfell and slaughtering most of the survivors.

the former but they will pretend it was the latter

Depends.
At adapting complex source material for tv? Utterly and inarguably incompetent.
At pandering to the lowest common denominator? Extremely talented.

they haven't given a shit about the show in years. their entire goal when they started this show was to get to the red wedding. every fucking interview they had from s1-s4 was about the red wedding. that's all they cared about.
and with that said they actually did do a very good job getting there and staying mostly true to the books. it's incredibly accurate to the books up until s5.
once they got beyond the red wedding they were just lost because affc and adwd is mostly just setting the stage and moving characters around, so they had to write their own stuff, and it was all shit. i wouldn't be surprised if they wanted out of the show in season 5 but the show was so gigantic at the time that hbo just threw tons of money at them to stay on.

One of them considers the Sopranos ending "Masterful". Lets just say we are in store for some serious fucking disappointment.

it was masterful you fucking mongoloid

>are surrounded by yes-men

My money is on this. They're just self obsessed. Dabid wouldn't fuck it up just to troll everyone and get exposure. They just believe they're doing a good job.

zombie
polar
bear

Embarrassing post

CANT WAIT FOR THEIR STAR WARS TRILOGY

>At adapting complex source material for tv? Utterly and inarguably incompetent.

Fuck off, season 1-3 were GOAT. They started failing when they were running out of source material.

wtf I love D now

they are interpreters. they can adapt what others have created from scratch and add their own touch to it. but they aren't composers. they can't come up with anything worthwhile from scratch themselves.
they're sinatra, not john lennon.

>Was the last episode such a shitshow because they have no talent, are surrounded by yes-men, don't care anymore, and HBO doesn't provide any quality control or oversight since the show will make money anyway?
>Or did they make it awful on purpose, knowing that in this day and age it would generate endless debates on the internet, controversy, articles and even more exposure, far more than a satisfying conclusion would have?
All of the above.

They simply do not care about the original work on any level and are actively writing in jokes (He was taller) to fuck with the actors and memes. DnD are inept brainlets.

Now Im not a hollywood actor or anything
But....... you tell me which is more compelling and emotional
Everyone is in the Winterfell crypts, and the dead are raised. Sansa and Tyrion were hiding behind Rickon's grave which they acknowledge. Then all of the corpses are animated and the audience can hear the skeleton of rickon moving around and trying to get out, but he can't cus its stone. You could even have a scene where Sansa freaks out and opens it to put him to rest because its too much for her!
Or
OOGA BOOGA SKELETONS START KILLING EVERYONE!!11111

The writers are clinically retarded if they think anything since season 5 has been good except HOLD DA DOOR which Martin wrote and knew it would be impactful, so valuable in fact that he created a whole character and fit him into the story because of the poignance of a psychic horror scarring someone in the past

Attached: 1556156370259.jpg (403x313, 19K)

"Stop asking questions, just fanwank something"
-DB Weiss

Attached: weiss.jpg (214x317, 11K)

Game of Thrones is a mainstream show, they did the mainstream thing, it went down well with the mainstream audience.

FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF

-actual DB Weiss quote

>Great Hall
>evryone there except Sansa
>Jon Snow sits the Iron Throne
>a great feast about to begin
>"Strangers waiting" starts playing
>a cunning, assassin looking guy is seen in the back
>Sansa finally enters the the Great Hall
>Jon takes a look at her
>cut to black

Books were better

Hanlon's razor.

I truly believe they aren't good writers at all - look at their credits. Benioff wrote Troy, and the abysmal X:Men Origins Wolverine. DB Weiss wrote a single episode of It's Always Sunny. Most of the good parts of GoT were Martin's writing. The show had a significant drop in quality when their screenplay and script relied on their own credentials.

That being said, of course they know their audience and that audience is millions of people who watch the show for shock value. They don't care about narrative integrity, themes, character arcs, etc.

"Themes are for 8th grade book reports" - David Benioff

>At adapting complex source material for tv?
>At pandering to the lowest common denominator?
You seem confused, television is inescapbly the medium of the lowest common denominator. I mean, it's not even really a medium, it's a device promoted by the CIA in the Eisenhower era for piping aspirational commercial messages into your home.

>OOGA BOOGA SKELETONS START KILLING EVERYONE!!11111
Infinitely superior, clearly. You'll never work in the entertainment industry.

>"Themes are for 8th grade book reports" - David Benioff

tfw I googled that and it's fucking real

>"Themes are for 8th grade book reports" - David Benioff
He's unironically correct.

Some have called GoT "fanfiction". But the truth is that it's not even that. D&D aren't fans. They don't care about fantasy. They don't even care about storytelling. These are talentless hacks who are in it for the money. Benioff specifically strikes me as the sort of Fratboy/jock type of guy who has always held us "nerds" in contempt. He could give less of a shit about the story.

t. average GoT viewer

There are like 10 threads about game of thrones right now, all claiming to hate the show yet none of them have missed a single episode of this series for retards. I really, truly hope you all kill yourselves

kys pleb faggot

Its easy to criticize as a wannabe writer, but I refuse to believe that on that level (financially speaking) people arent aware of the quality of their writing.

I think the truth is that the writers know they can get away with anything, since the masses with gobble up garbage and ask for seconds. The "longest night" was probably 90% of the season budget, so the writers were told to keep it short and wrap up the CGI portion of the season in 1 episode. As to the Arya killing the NK, that was probably virtue signalling to appease their demographic.

Again, I refuse to believe that writers with such a massive responsibility to deliver arent aware that theyre producing pulp trash.

>These are talentless hacks who are in it for the money.
Like every successful fantasy author, you mean?

>Benioff specifically strikes me as the sort of Fratboy/jock
Oh right, so this is about your anger that someone gainfully employed looks like he physically stinks less than you do.

I've never watched an episode, but he's right. These absurd videos where male virgins who've never read serious literature break down the "themes" of some juvenile tripe, like a cargo cult version of literary criticism... it's pathetic. It's like seeing a Stone Age-level aborigine trying to play a violin by waving it in the air.

I've never seen a single episode of got it sounds pretty faggoty desu.

>Again, I refuse to believe that writers with such a massive responsibility to deliver arent aware that theyre producing pulp trash.
The show is intrinsically pulp trash and always was, as are the books it's adapted from. Fantasy IS pulp trash.

t. average humanities major

Hold on there bucko. Theres a difference between calling a specific book or tv series pulp and labelling a literary genre as "pulp".

Its childish.

dabid might actually be smart afterall

Yes, fantasy is pulp trash, and pulp trash is childish. We agree.

>literary genre
Popular fiction isn't a literary genre. That's like shelving recipe books in the poetry section.

>We agree.
We can agree on your autism, thats for sure. Next thing youll tell me that anything other than non-fiction is pulp.

>Popular fiction isn't a literary genre.
Yes, but fantasy is.

>Next thing youll tell me that anything other than non-fiction is pulp.
It's sad that you meet real people so rarely that you think I must hate fiction. No, I read literature. Fantasy is pulp trash.

Depends. Did Dabid know that the books wouldnt be finished? Or were they under the impression GRRM will finish them and the show can rely on them?
Because, they have done a pretty good job with S1-S4. But finishing a story that you yourself didn't write, not knowing what the original creator had in mind, I imagine is really fucking difficult. From what I can tell GRRM hasn't been involved with the show for years.

Fantasy is popular fiction. Arya killed the Night King and you're crying about it. You aren't a serious person, don't wriggle on the hook.

Well, it is. And you are a pleb

I seriously wonder why they have nobody consulting then on medieval battle tactics or anything, even for a fantasy show.

If the Battle of the Blackwater were to be filmed today, there would be no wildfire plot, and a thousand of CGI boats would ram each other while launching flaming catapult rocks.

>ad hominem
>just blindly repeats his non-sensical statement
Ok lad. Fantasy is pulp. Go reread some real literature like "Capital in the 21st century".

>Fantasy is popular fiction
And popular fiction is entertainment, therefore entertainment is pulp. See what I did there? Its called reductivism.

youtu.be/cGh3s0lPxCQ

Attached: 1556697182892.webm (480x360, 2.87M)

Is it just me or does Weiss sound really, REALLY dumb? Like borderline retarded. Every time he gives an interview it's just a disaster.

>Jaime has always been told he has no honor so...he's...trying to get more honor

Are you talking about the Kingslayer or Prince fucking Zuko? Christ I hate listening to this moron.

>Because, they have done a pretty good job with S1-S4. But finishing a story that you yourself didn't write, not knowing what the original creator had in mind, I imagine is really fucking difficult.

this is a great point

i want to be so critical of them because i feel like they have steered the show from aspects that i personally enjoy but i could not imagine being in their shoes. they have so much to live up to and deliver and they have so many different people to appease that they are just doing what they want. for what it's worth, it's not like they are doing a bad job. it's not like the show is shit. the problem with the show is that george takes a decade to write a book

Based retard

You don't know what an ad hominem means. When you zeros break out the Latin debating society phrases I have to roll my eyes.
>real literature like
This is tragic, you literally only know fantasy books and pop non-fiction. Fantasy is intrinsically pulp. That's its ontological essence.

>Its called reductivism.
You mean "It's" called reductivism. And it isn't, it's just a false syllogism. Not all forms of entertainment can be meaningfully described as pulp. A pop single, for example, has no relationship to pulp storytelling, but is nonetheless entertainment.

>You don't know what an ad hominem means
I took 7 years of latin in a private school. But hey, tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself in order to cling to your delusion that "all fantasy is pulp" in order to score those big upboats.

Well played son

Attached: 1255.jpg (1143x546, 191K)

Oh god, this fucking idiot is back

"HE MAKES MONEY DOING IT SO HE'S INHERENTLY BETTER THAN YOU WHO ARE DOING NOTHING WITH YOUR LIFE"

Jesus Christ, you couldn't project harder you fucking loser

Nah, even George is a better writer than this. His dialogue is cringe and he made plenty of ass-pulls for the prequels, but at least there is a proper arc for every character.

Even the idea crayons pasta doesn't do justice to the incompetence that the GoT writers demonstrated with the third episode.