Mr Cameron... I don't feel so good

>Mr Cameron... I don't feel so good...

Attached: 8agzb6duntv21.jpg (819x483, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05/02/avengers-endgame-85-percent-more-repeat-viewings-infinity-war/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

By Sunday it will be close to beating Titanic and it might even do it. It will by Monday for sure if it misses Sunday.

taking into account the early screenings, this movie has been out for ONE FUCKING WEEK.

and its already at 1.7 billion. fucking loser nerds

>Didn't even manage to beat Jusrassic World

LMAO and you cucks thought it was able to compete with the one true king.

Attached: file.png (380x410, 162K)

congratulations to disney on being rich

Yeah and whoever was ever gonna see it already did. It's going to make marginal difference from here to the end of its run. It's over!

Yeah it's looking to cross the $2 billion line within ten or eleven days after release. Which is so far ahead of any expectations it's insane. What's driving it is how insanely well it's doing everywhere on earth.

>6/10 highest grossing movies are disney flicks from the last 8 years

they need to bne stopped

>This can't be happening! I'm in charge here!

A lot of people are seeing it more than once. Only the hardcore fans care about seeing it the first one. The more casual people wait a week or two.

Titanic and Avatar both were released 2 times in cinemas. The list is falsified

BASED and redpilled!

It's going to pass Infinity War and The Force Awakens ENTIRE RUNS before it's even been out two weeks.

No WB AHAHAHA!!!!!

Why ? Just goes to show what a braindead degenerate society humanity is becoming. I wouldn't be surprised that in a couple of decades the earth is basically a mutt low-iq slave class ruled by the ultra-rich and their robots.

Titanic made 1.8 billion in its original run and then made around 300 million during its 2012 3D re release.
Avatar was re released but it made only about 20 million, so doesn't really matter.

Well, when a movie is basically "see it now so you don't get spoiled" it's going to be front loaded as hell. Also all the anti-spoiler talk also has the nice effect of keeping people in the dark about what a shit movie Endgame is.

Why is disney marked as BV but the other studios have their real names? What does "BV" mean?

>What's driving it is how insanely well it's doing everywhere on earth.
not really, Avatar did that
Endgame is getting hard carried by China which has grown a lot in the last 10 years
not even going to crack 100m in France, Japan (getting beaten by some anime crap) or Germany, Avatar almost did 200 in all of them

Titanic DOUBLED the previous record holder. For Endgame to be as impressive as Titanic, it would need to make $5.6B. Likewise to be as impressive as Avatar, it would need to make $3.5B. Inflation kills every nominal record, it's the relative success that's more important. Can't wait for Avatar 2 to beat Avatar 1 adjusted.

pic related

Attached: endgameConan.jpg (593x665, 84K)

Wasn't Batman V Superman the highest grossing movie of all time?

Attached: file.png (616x305, 345K)

It's a lock to beat Avatar now. $3 billion is the real will it or wont it question. Chinks are going ape for this movie.

It's Buena Vista
It's the brand name which was used for Disney's subsidiaries. Also the Disney studios are located in Buena Vista street in Burbank, CA

cope

It's insane how much China likes Avengers, i mean the main character is Captain America for fuck sake

But the Chinese holidays are over now, so i expect a big drop, it will lose to Avatar but beat Titanic

And then DP will be out and it'll drop like a stone, one can hope at least.

Where's that copypasta with Cameron staring at the window still not satisfied?

I saw it yesterday. Alot of filler and imo Infinity War was better.

Beuna vista is the main company, disney is a subsidiary

i didnt pay to see any of those

cry more haha

Cope is dead. Stay seething that Endgame, after 22 movies of buildup, still couldn't attract more moviegoers than Avatar, and Avatar paled in comparison to Titanic.

Attached: avatar flops opening weekend.jpg (828x253, 57K)

I'm gonna watch it on saturday, but I go to the cheap cinema where a ticket costs 5,99€.

No it's not, holidays are about over for china & pikachu is coming out in 2 days

>it will lose to Avatar
lol

Europe and Japan don't really like superhero movies. Hell Spider-Man 3 is still the highest grossing superhero movie in Japan and it made only 58 million

7/10 - DISNEY (FOX=DISNEY)

WHERE IS FUCKING FTC???

>it will lose to Avatar but beat Titanic

Buddy, it's going to be past Titanic before it's even been out two weeks.

>not adjusted inflation
morons

Yes it will retard. It's going to be higher than $2.2 billion after the weekend and has better legs than infinity war so far. It would take a virtually impossible collapse to not get to #1

Disney got lucky & was allowed to release during the Chink holidays, it's been an extended weekend for Avengers over there

adjusting for inflation is a meme

While I might point out how retarded you are for actually thinking Endgame is more impressive than Avatar or Titanic, Avatar 2 is going to shut your cocky ass up, and you'll like it because unlike Endgame the movie will actually be good, instead of a cash grab with pajeet CGI and an ass pull mess of a """story."""

Avatar 2 will show the world how much Hollywood is jewing audiences with cheap CGI.

Seriously why don't you Marvel fanboys ever stop? you said the same about Infinity War

cope retards, it's on pace to beat Avatar and there's nothing you can do about it

Tickets in some places have doubled in price since 2009, so no it's not

China isn't the only market that exists you know. It's going to make 850+ million domestically, maybe even top TFA. Rest of the world is doing great as well.

Is the fact that the posters look the same a part of the joke?

>people actually thought that the inital gross would more than DOUBLE to get close to Avatar
ELLE OH MAYO

Attached: cruise-laugh.jpg (419x480, 81K)

Infinity War finished at 2.04, Endgame will be at 2.2 after 2 weeks. You're going to lose.

And guess what movie is responsible for that.

it's huge start is thanks to China, it could be the highest grossing film of all time there but is likely gonna be stopped by Pikachu

Exchange rates have also tanked significantly since them, and now the same amount of tickets sold in certain countries results in less $

Imagine making so much money with what would be considered B-list performers with a shit show of cgi outsourced in China and India.

Not adjusting for inflation is the real meme. Sure you can't compare different eras like Gone with the Wind, but Avatar and Titanic had great home theater options.

I genuinely feel slightly sick that a superhero movie could beat Titanic and Avatar and be the face of the entire medium. I want to have faith that passion and good filmmaking can beat out manchild hype but I lose more and more hope each day. Someone hold me.

Front-loaded as hell. No one's even talking about Avengers anymore.

>Infinity War got to 1b in less than a week, it's going to beat Avatar, you lose

said you in 2018

It has had the biggest non holiday/opener monday, tuesday and wednesday ever in USA

Yes which is why Cameron will remain the one true king
he's the one who can reach across all markets
Feige has done his little thing, it's all downhill from here
Russos are gone, RDJ gone, Evans gone, the charismatic leads replaced by fucking Brie Larson, it's all over
now we watch Cameron do his thing

Titanic is overrated and Avatar is genuinely bad, so.

Can someone explain to me why so many people want Avengers to beat Avatar?

Like I'm seeing people saying everywhere to rewatch Endgame so it makes more money

I don't understand it

*gentle knowing nod*

It got to 1.5 billion in 8 days. Took IW 18 days.

If by tanked you mean declined a bit if you don't account for foreign inflation, then sure. Keep C O P I N G. Endgame is performing like a popular front loaded blockbuster, there's nothing special about the movie except marketing, same as there was nothing special about Jurassic World.

ENDGAME BROUGHT NOTHING NEW TO CINEMA. I hope it hits #1 WW so Avatar 2 can spank its ass.

Not that guy, but Infinity War made a billion in 11 days and 2 billion in 48 days.
Endgame made $1.2 billion in 5 days and will do 2+ billion in 12 days. So not apples to apples at all.

How can a single man be so based?

Both still better than End Game, it's a fun pop corn movie, but has massive flaws like the villain being the same one, but from a different timeline so no connections to the characters

Avatar is garbage, literally the only reason anyone cared about it was spectacle and great technology.

Both are technical masterpieces brainlet. Cameron is an unironic genius.
To lose out to a fotm capeflick would be a tragedy.

*7 days

It opened many places 2 days earlier than USA

Avatar is just as stupid as capeshit lmao, not sure why people don't understand that

Disneydrone bugmen are pathetic creatures who tie their own self-worth to the success of the billion dollar corporation that owns their souls

It's the other way around.

Attached: 1554732267983.jpg (938x630, 588K)

>technical masterpieces
someone post that Titanic webm

Fuck off, at least capeshit tells new stories

Attached: oh no no no.jpg (570x555, 120K)

japs dabbing on capeshit yet again

No it's 5.
It opened on Wednesday in some countries and the opening counts all money from Wednesday till Sunday = 5 days.

Attached: PyRKKqP.png (1413x402, 46K)

cringe

I know Yea Forums can't stand capeshit which is fine I guess but it really is pathetic when posters start making up excuses for "oh this don't count!!" lmao

To be honest, it's still impressive how an original story (inb4 pocahontas and all that shit) managed to get 1st spot, as opposed to all the sequels and adaptations in that list.

it literally is, just because you can nitpick on a 3 seconds that didn't aged well off a fucking 3 hours movie doesn't make it any less great

>only one decent movie
>its from the last century

jesus hollwood

Honestly true, Avengers is just the 2010's Transformers, people forget about them after a month & after a few years look back on them as stupid popcorn movies

Titanic is timeless

I think it's a combination of things, to young people it's like an annoying older brother or even "dad movie" so they just want to see the new replace the old.

For those of us old enough to have seen it in theaters, it's kind of a slight resentment of the fact that although it was a wonderful tech demo at the time, and everyone I know myself included went to see it, it was not a good movie in any way, shape, or form. I don't remember a single characters name (except the main guy was Jake Sully? I think), not one memorable scene, no memes, no quotable lines.

It'a just annoying to see something with such a low memetic reading on the meme-meter sit at #1 for so long. So it's going to be very satisfying to see it dethroned. Which at EG's current pace will happen sooner than people think.

Attached: VmXlqiW.jpg (1200x802, 232K)

Attached: avaturd BTFO.gif (426x176, 1.78M)

It's not going to beat avatar
foreign markets are frontloaded as fuck

It is a meme, because the current price of a movie ticket is actually above the rate of inflation, not even counting shit like 3D movie that are effectively double the price of a normal ticket.

>original story

omg it's the most retreaded story of all time

they were literally telling the member of invading force goes native and turns against nation story back in rome

Even BvS legs gets it go 2.5 billion. So beating Avatar is very much in the realm of possibility.

At current pace it won't just beat Avatar, it will annihilate it.

A lot of retards on this board dont understand the box office. At this rate it could have the worst multipliers and legs of the entire MCU and still beat Avatar. It's fucking over.

I know, what i mean is that a movie with it's own mythology and worlds and shit, that isn't an adaptation or a sequel of anything, succeed where other original works failed.

If it "just" has Infinity War legs it hits $3 billion. And it's got 85% more second-viewings than IW had.

>Purple man bad, kill purple man.
Wow great story you have there capeshitter.

it's the big summer tentpole season and not december

if it was december I would easily see it

He was dead for most of Endgame so not really

purple bad man kills half the universe with magic stones
did a 5 year old wrote this?
you don't get to shit on Avatar's plot

Attached: butthurt upboats.jpg (856x522, 262K)

I didn't see your post before I posted this
based

Detective Pikachu isn't gonna do shit

Threadly reminder that r*ddit fucking shit deserve the rope, and Based Jim will give it to them.

Don't forget about inflation when taking your numbers into account either, fags. But I wouldn't expect a capefag to understand basic principles of economics.

Attached: 1517241180110.jpg (525x828, 246K)

>Avatar's plot

Attached: 1524895200007.gif (245x280, 1.3M)

>he said about Infinity War last year

Love how Cameron fanboys just seethe

>TarkovsDog comment
Funny how times change.

Attached: there aren't enough upboats in the world to cure all dat butthurt.jpg (1238x803, 159K)

The thing is it can perform worse than Infinity War and still beat Avatar.
2.29x multiplier from the global opening gets it to 2.798 billion.

they're so angry. i will drink their tears

>it was not a good movie in any way, shape, or form.
??? It was good on a visual level, which is something Endgame can't claim. It even pushed VFX technology significantly forward. The story was basic but fine, the "going native" story has been told before but never so well. The beauty in the movie gave people Avatar blues and had them killing themselves, which I think is a lot more impressive than memes, quotable lines, or character names. Maybe people don't remember the names but they sure as hell remember the characters. Avatar isn't perfect but it towers above Endgame.

It got like a week to make to 2 billion after that defective Pikachu will take over

Avatar was such a piece of shit, I watched it in 3D on like 3 grams of shrooms and while the visuals were breathtaking the actual film is garbage.

I always found it odd here that people championed the movie as something great when the 3D gimmick brought people in their seats, seriously if anyone here avatar 2 is going to be even close to avatar 1 you are insane. Nobody gives a shit about the sequel, noone.

Dark Phoenix? pls

It depends on how big Pikachu is, if it's a hit, Avengers is done

It will make over 2 billion this Sunday. It will be well past that mark when Pikachu comes

the absolute state of this board

>The beauty in the movie gave people Avatar blues and had them killing themselves

A woman literally cried so hard at the end of Endgame two days ago that she went into cardiac arrest.

There any good rips of it up yet? Like ones that aren't just a dude with a camera in the cinema

Buddy it's going to cross 2 bill in 10 or 11 days out, it won't ned two weeks.

I disagree with almost everything but...
>The story was basic but fine, the "going native" story has been told before but never so well.
You're right, for all that "dude ferngully with aliens" shit they say, what mattered was the execution, because you have to be lying to yourself that they only reason it reached 760million was because of the 3D.

It will actually be over 2.2 after Sunday

Why, cause RDJ died? how fucking predictable

>Endgame's plot
>dude time travel xD

Just count tickets instead
>muh money
Every disney film is making more with merchandise than the movie in that case. Cars for example

It's been out for barely over a week

This is outdated. I looked it up and it's past 1.7 billion now not including today

>seriously if anyone here avatar 2 is going to be even close to avatar 1 you are insane. Nobody gives a shit about the sequel, noone.
plebeians think that because they think it's going to be just another sequel
this is more than 10 years later and Cameron has never made the same movie twice, he's good at reinventing himself
Avatar 2 will look nothing like the first 1, so no one has any idea what it will be other that it will revolutionize cinema and bury capeshit forever

A blue pocohantas films sequel is going to bash capeshit and reinvent cinema?

Abatap go to bed, you are worn out faggot.

>A blue pocohantas films sequel is going to bash capeshit and reinvent cinema?
We don't really know the plot of the newer one, capeshitter, so hold your horses.

I don't even like capeshit, but Endgame is more of an achievement then Avatar ever was. The first film is the most predictable, bland garbage that you could literally ever watch. It's obvious that Cameron lost it as he went from aliens and terminator to an environmental activist film. He's a retard.

It's made more money in China than USA, it's pretty insane

I bet Avatar would have got 3.5 Billion with today's Chinese market

>Endgame is more of an achievement then Avatar ever was.
Underage detected. Opinion discarded.

>the absolute state of humanity
There isn't a single kino on this list.

why are they so based?

Attached: jap chads.jpg (859x507, 81K)

Not for long. China will finish with about 650 million while domestic will be 850+ million

it's been out in China for 2 days more than in the US, in which it made 150 million, and China is always more frontloaded

Avatar was stale the moment it hit screens. It's completely forgettable. It's literally gone with the wind mixed with pocohontas. It's garbage, bottom of the barrel shit to fill masses minds with thoughts of green earth garbage.

Fuck off.

>Avatar was stale the moment it hit screens.
Which is why it made more than Black Panther despite other CGI-loaded shit like Fury of Titans releasing before.

>"gone with the wind mixed with pocahontas"
>this is supposed to sound worse than the latest capeshit

Avatar is 10 times the achievement that Endgame is
Endgame is barely even a movie, it's a mess of a plot with tacked on time travel loaded with fan service and loaded with shit anyone who hasn't seen the last 20 movies won't get
it's more of a big tv show finale that made no advance in anything, it's only making money

lol, look at the release date for avatar zoomer

You are literally making an argument about black panther and avatar. You might be brain dead.

Endgame is not as offensive as Cameron's liberal manifesto on screen. Jesus man get a grip.

And avatars achievement is what? Championing 3D as the next big thing even though noone gave a shit after....ummmm let me think...oh yeah it had ok visuals for the time...ummm oh wait...oh YEAH, it made a LOT of money. That's it's only achievement, which makes you a hypocrite basically.

Why did Titanic make so much money? It's amazing and all but hardly seems like normie bait. Unless normies had taste back then

this but Black Panther

Conan is almost a cultural icon in Japan. The fact that Endgame even came close to this is already unbelievable.

It was a cultural phenomenon. Even like peoples parents wanted to go see it at the time. Like people who don't care about movies went to see it. I remember it because I'm old.

>Comparing meaningless numbers with no work done to account for context and the value of a dollar over time is a meme

>look at the release date for avatar zoomer
Yet, that shit stayed in theater for months. Look, i didn't care that much when it released, but to think it didn't connect with audiences despite it's basic plot it's a rather dumb claim.

Black panther is literally right wing ideologies mixed with blackies so noone notices. Wakanda is literally nationalistic and would be considered racist by todays standards. How is this similar to avatar?

fucking T3 made twice as much as Infinity War in Japan
fucking T3 has made more than Endgame will make, let that sink in
shows you how huge T2 must have been over there
Cameron is the only one who understands Nippon

Attached: t3.jpg (841x868, 131K)

Titanic is made for normies, pleb. The love story is ultra simplistic and cliche. That's for the women. The titanic going down (which admittedly is a very impressive feat) is the action that brings the men in.

You are a fucking moron, again it only stayed in theatres that long because of the 3D gimmick. Only time a Cameron film made that much money is when he shilled for a gimmick that hadn't been done before, or as well. Avatar stayed in theatres for months. What's your argument again?

Don't worry, Detective Pikachu will be here next week to deliver us all from the capeshit plague

Because it had something for everybody and especially women who drove insane business for it. I was in high school when it came out and knew girls who went to see it 20 times.

TICK TOCK CAMERON

ENDGAME IS COMING

>At current pace
it's just the release hype, no one goes watching a movie after its already out for 2 to 3 weeks.
it will only sink from here.
the hype is alraedy gone.

Lmao no.

It didnt even hit a billion.

equally if not shittier. not the themes but the movie quality

Lmao furfags make me laugh

>113940160
>tracking for the biggest second weekend of all-time
>hype gone

kek

Eh fuck Avatar 2. Cameron is old and getting senile

OH NONONONONONONOOOOOO

What the fuck are you even babbling about anymore zoomer. I think I broke your brain.

People (read: Disney shills and manchildren) need to participate in company wars in order to defend the honor of the multi-billion dollar corporations that pump out the entertainment products that keep them in arrested development, and in order to feel like they're part of a winning tribe. It's like being a sports mega fan, only much more embarrassing

Not gonna lie, im a little bit sad about how easy it is for movies to make 1 billion dollars now

For a long time only Return of the King & Titanic grossed over 1 billion & to achieve that, those movies were literal global phenomenons, grandma's got out of their retirement villages to go see these movies

$2 billion is the exclusive club now since only 4 movies are there (soon 5)

what about the movie made it so appealing to so many people though? it' a love story on a boat.

>it was a wonderful tech demo at the time
Holy shit, you faggots will go through any lengths to defend giant smurfs.

Both Avatar and Titanic stayed in theaters for over a year, simply because people kept going to see them over and over.

Japs are just xenophobes, they'll watch the same movie about the same anime 900 fucking times just because it's made in Japan.

The only reason they go nuts for Spider-Man is because they think he's a toku hero.

>again it only stayed in theatres that long because of the 3D gimmick.
And you think that gimmick would have worked as well if the movie had a shit ass story, mythology or dialogue?
>Only time a Cameron film made that much money is when he shilled for a gimmick that hadn't been done
>The Abyss doesn't exist.

Imagine being this mad because DC can't break a billion.

Because the big blockbuster hadn't become normalized yet. Especially with titanic. Movies nowadays are lucky if they stay in theatres for a month or 2 even if they hit a billion.

The film had nothing new about it, it was a rehash of gone with the wind and pocohonatas, the film is basically capeshit because the magic maguffin everyone wants is UNOBTAINIUM. Fucking moron man you defend avatar but hate on capeshit. Fuck off.

It's because Japs are high IQ and Cameron movies are the only high IQ blockbusters in existence. Endgame falls apart if you use even 3 digits of IQ to think about it.

No fuck you cuckfag.

Titanic was unique, no movie had ever before thrown together such an ambitious crossover of several different genres successfully. Look at the Pearl Harbor movie for an example of what can happen if it's not done perfectly, what James Cameron did was thought to be impossible before he did it.

You asked me a question, retard. Kys

Bonding with my dad is more important than not seeing capeshit in theatres. He wants to go see endgame so that's the plan tomorrow morning on his day off, likely followed up by a comfy nap.

>not adjusted for inflation
Literally doesn’t matter. Also, Avatar was a completely new IP that didn’t have a decades long film franchise to hype it up.

They just really don't like supehero movies.
Pic related is from last year. Even Ralph made more than IW and Bohemian Rhapsody beat their anime movie.

Attached: TBdAvDs.png (618x434, 32K)

>Because the big blockbuster hadn't become normalized yet.
Gone With The Wind, retard

Based on what evidence? That he thinks capeshit is stale and predictable and usually bad? I'd say he hasn't lost his marbles yet, unlike 96% of critics who slobbed Shitgame's knob.

I'm sorry I don't understand english through a shitskins mind. Makes no sense to me. You're like a monkey making noises.

It has 85% more second/third viewings than Infinity War and even if it only has the same legs as Infinity War it beats Avatar at this point.

People rushing back to see it another time. Sometimes they line back up right at the theater and try to desperately see it again right there. They beg to be let back in. They beg and plead with tears streaming down their face "please god just let me see it again".

To be fair, the world's population has massively inscreased so it's not as impressive as before.

The fuck?

God Marvel fans are pathetic, it's not even half as good as Spiderman 2 or Dark Knight

Wow one other time it happened was in 1940. So basically you are proving my point for me. With more films coming out with much more money behind them, more films will make a billion that means less films can stay in theatres that long than any of those three movies did to make enough.

Not only that, back then in 1940 there was no VHS so if you wanted to watch it you had to go to the theatre, today if a movie is good you can buy it on blu ray 3-4 months later. Completely different circumstances.

Not him but you're forgetting that they eventually put Avatar back in theaters after the video release.
Cope

>Because the big blockbuster hadn't become normalized yet.
GET THESE FUCKING UNDERAGE KIDS OFF MY BOARD

This can't be real

nigger panther is hamlet + atlantis + niggers. stop defending this steaming pile of shit, capeshitter.

read

Women loved it, it has a tragic love story with people from different economic/social levels and the man ends up sacrificing themselves for the woman.

Men got to see a big boat sink.

It has crossover appeal.

I don't care about black panther, I'm talking about end game. Black panther is a piece of shit, I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up if I'm being honest lol.

>The only reason they go nuts for Spider-Man is because they think he's a toku hero.

he literally is tho. got his own giant robot and everything.

>the film is basically capeshit because the magic maguffin everyone wants is UNOBTAINIUM.
This is what capeshit does to your brain, it makes you think every show/movie with a maguffin is capeshit adjacent. Fucking retard.

But it did, 3 times already.

>comicbook.com/marvel/2019/05/02/avengers-endgame-85-percent-more-repeat-viewings-infinity-war/

It's literally one of the worst plot devices in a film ever, with such a heavy handed political message that it makes vibranium seem intelligent by comparison. Take your mouth off of cameron's cock for like 2 seconds and breathe so you can get oxygen in your brain.

Way to ignore Spielberg's filmography in the 70's 80's and 90's you complete retard

There's >70 years between Gone with the Wind and Avatar, blockbusters were a regular thing way before Titanic, I'm surprised you're able to breathe without assistance.

Unobtanium is an actual scientific term, brainlet. Stop pretending you know more than you do.

Pearl Harbor had the exact same formula and was a huge bomb and literally laughed at.

It wasn't the formula, it was the execution.

>comicbook.com
sounds legit

So? It's a movie screenplay, not a scientific paper. It's fucking stupid, and it wouldn't have been hard to come up with a different name for your macguffin.

Not that guy, but that's from a Fandango survey. Although I don't know what percentage of all tickets sold they represent.

Attached: 4ZOe8Bn.png (623x802, 698K)

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

His entire filmography is not even close to the density of blockbusters now. Your point?

Only few movies made even close to a billion back then, adjusting for inflation of course. Now every film has a chance of making that marker.

>being happy about some kike making tons of money out of gullible and retarded fanatics

god i hate Americans

>all this coping
Yep. The guy who went to the bottom of the ocean doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Listen to the redditor instead.

Not an argument, nerd

"It sounds stupid" Isn't an argument either, dipshit

It literally is, brainlet

Attached: 1391288232940.gif (400x300, 143K)

The whole point if the term unobtanium is that it's used for something that doesn't exist. Using it in a fictional universe is similar to a 4th wall break

>Using it in a fictional universe is similar to a 4th wall break
A deliberate reference to opening up the 3rd Dimension.

Attached: James-Cameron-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-and-David-Lynch-on-the-set-of-Terminator-2.jpg (650x417, 18K)

>makes less in Germany and France than Australia
Europeans and Japanese don't care much about capeshit. Avatar 2 will destroy Endgame at the box office because Endgame wins over the Chinese and Anglosphere audience, but fails a truly global spread.

Even comparing Avengers to Transformers is an insult to Michael Bay, who at the very least has a great eye for visuals.

Heck, Endgame makes less in Japan than France and Germany.

>Avatar 2 will destroy Endgame at the box office because Endgame wins over the Chinese and Anglosphere audience, but fails a truly global spread.
holy fucking c o p e

>it took 22 tries from the Mouse to beat the King

lmao. Avatar 2 will break 4 billion.

MR CAMERON

RELEASE AVATAR AGAIN NEXT SUMMER

SAY YOU NEED IT TO REFRESH PEOPLE ON AVATAR IN PREPARATION FOR AVATAR 2

WE CAN'T LET ENDGAME WIN BROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Avatar 2 won't make nearly as much as the first, he waited too damn long

Avatar 2 won't even beat Avatar 1, there is no fucking way it even comes close. People went to see that shit as a tech demo, what you need for huge followup is story resonance, cultural resonance, nostalgia, it doesn't have any of that, people can't even remember the characters names.

Nah, that would make Cameron look butthurt.
He should casually drop the trailer for Avatar 2 around Christmas 2019 out of the blue, which would drum up colossal hype worldwide, then drop Avatar 2 around Christmas 2020, making 4 billion at the box office.

>Cameronlets actually think Avatar 2 will beat the first
It has no gimmick to make third worlders keep seeing it over and over

Agree. I thing avatar was helped by the novelty. The technology was advanced for movies at the time. And the fact that nothing else was going on. No other movies or TV shows to watch

>Although I don't know what percentage of all tickets sold they represent.
That's the problem. I'm pretty sure it's relatively small, especially considering a ton of countries either can't or don't use online ticket services.

You guys are as deluded as the anons who doubted Avengers: Endgame would make 3 billion. Avatar 2 will make 4 billion, the Asian market is huge now compared to 2009.

you are completely delusional

Not that Jim has told us about

It was Europeans watching the film over and over you smooth-brain amerimutt. China was a small slice of the pie when Avatar came out.

How many days until the inevitable release?

Attached: comfy.jpg (680x437, 48K)

I watched it once and I admit it was a spectacle that you didn't get from other movies, but I didn't feel the need to go again (although I hated the tree dance scene simply because everyone in the audience felt the need to copy what they were doing and I felt like a dick for not joining in).

However, people I know watched it like 5 times in theaters.

I already bought my 3rd ticket

Attached: 1555711508298.png (923x713, 333K)

Based

Based Japanese people.

Not a single good movie on that list. Just dumb flicks really sad.

I haven't seen any movie on this list

>all these mental gymnastics just to say avatar isn't capeshit
stop fellating cameron, please. he's washed up. he hasn't made kino in two decades and now he's going to waste the twilight years of his career shitting out avatar sequels

Attached: 1534476267870.jpg (509x371, 52K)

based frogposter

I've seen them all but the only ones I would tell someone to watch are Titanic and IW/Endgame.

It's because Terminator is about robots and nuclear anxiety.

Nigga we're going to witness the first movies to break 10 billion Avatar 5

Makes me sick, but hatred of capeshit only deepens with the behavior of its fans.

:^) infinity war multiplier only looks good because china came out weeks later

IT'S JAMES CAMERON, THE GREATEST PIONEER!

You mean James Cameron, the washed up hack

cope and seethe

>tfw genuinely prefer Titanic over Avatar
IF Endgame beats Titanic, I don't even care if it ends up beating Avatar. It always rubbed me the wrong way that Avatar did better than Titanic back then, even if they're both by Cameron himself.

>>tfw genuinely prefer Titanic over Avatar
So do most people

Jim is literally owned by Disney now so why the fuck anyone cares?

cope that gone with the wind will never be beaten LMAO

Infinity War's real opening weekend is 859 million when adding China and Russia which opened a week later. It made 2.048 billion, so 2.39x

This. Shit's like a goddamn ouroboros.

Titanic is better than Avatar, but they're both better than capeshit

You are talking about the difference between a movie that had a decade long 22 film build up drawing in fans of every one of those different parts of the franchise and a film that came out ten years ago and had nothing since that a lot of people posting on this board right now never saw in theaters and barely even remember. It's a completely different scenario. I love Cameron but A2 will not beat A1 at the box office, A1 was a phenomenon because of the spectacle and the tech unless A2 is released in full VR rigs where you get to fuck Naavi pussy its not going to be the same event type thing.

It will do well, very well, but A2 wont even break the top five all time.

Dude, I was a little kid when Avatar came out and now I'm a full grown man. I never saw Avatar in the theatres, but I am hyped for the sequel and will be there opening day. There is a whole new generation who wants to experience the cinematic phenomenon that the previous generations witnessed. You will be mindblown when the tsunami of box office revenue from Avatar 2 dwarfs Endgame.

>Jim is literally owned by Disney
Bob Iger came begging on Cameron's door so he would let him use the Avatar IP to open a team park in Disneyland before Disney bought fox
no one owns Jim, if Disney doesn't do his bidding he will go elsewhere
Disney is nothing but a money funnel to him

>I was a little kid when Avatar came out and now I'm a full grown man. I never saw Avatar in the theatres, but I am hyped for the sequel and will be there opening day.
Jesus Christ, I keep forgetting there are literal kids on these boards.

>There is a whole new generation who wants to experience the cinematic phenomenon that the previous generations witnessed. You will be mindblown when the tsunami of box office revenue from Avatar 2 dwarfs Endgame.

hahahaha hahahah
look at this
look at this!

It's a good movie

When the mouse is done half you Avatarfags will still be alive. I hope they remember you.

>Calling Cameron a washed up hack
>Even though I see Alita generals everyday.
Never change Yea Forums

Bob Iger is a shit stain that disgraced Walt's company into garbage propaganda.

Jumanji 3 will make a 100 billion. #Litty

Attached: Dwayne-Johnson-Jumanji-wallpaper.jpg (2000x1000, 737K)

>I see Alita generals everyday.
Literally only because weebs fantasize about fucking her

Its going head to head with IX.

Don't let us down Rocky. Break that dumb bitches back. Rock bottom her!

chadzam comeback will derail week 2. SCREENCAP THIS

based chadzam falseflagger

It won't have the legs, it might beat Titanic, but it won't come close to Avatar.

Detective Pikachu is going to stop it from beating Avatar, but who cares anyway, sales don't equal quality, this is something that seems to be lost on the younger generation, they get really frustrated that Avatar & Titanic still beat their Disney movies, even though James Cameron said he didn't care that Dark Knight was looking to make more domestically than Titanic back in the day

Attached: 1534185326561.jpg (1920x796, 521K)

Detective Pikachu won't even hit one billion, screencap this

The fact that people here claim this board is somehow better than /r/movies is hilarious. Arguing constantly about how much money capeshit will make and why that is or isn't good. Embarrassing.

>tfw you haven't seen any of those flicks and never will

BASED and redpilled

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 29K)

Titanic and Avatar are pretty good desu

get the fuck out of our board faggot

seething cameron faggot

>they'll watch the same movie about the same anime 900 fucking times just because it's made in Japan.

If only every other country had that sense of nationalism, things would be better.

It had the biggest opening day or some shit like that.

Funny thing is, if WB would've done things right, like not turning the characters into extreme edgelords and made a previous build-up, BvS could've done 2 bil easily.

But I'm glad they failed in such a way. That will teach them not to be lazy fucks.

i've paid about the same for avatar as i have for endgame.

How did Avatar earn so much money?

Avatar was i no way a good movie and was only a succes because of the 3D meme

Good filmmaking trumps muh hype every time.

Avatar was good? I almost fell asleep watching it and I can't even remember wat it was about besides blue ayy lamos

Are these figures inflation adjusted?

LOL

Both of the movies are shit. All of the top 10 are shit desu.

COPE

and those are high iq and only true kinosseur topics

Attached: 1520878932011.png (680x698, 2.46M)

Attached: 1528552793412.png (701x670, 605K)

it was the netflix and chill of that era. Watch titanic with a girl and you would be guaranteed sex

Germany and France have these voice overs, they are terrible to watch. They also hate the usa so seeing captain america makes them rage on the inside

Why the fuck is Titanic still so goddamn high? It's not even a fucking normie movie because the majority of men (who are the lion share of movie goers btw) find it way too boring.

Attached: 1322161623978.jpg (419x403, 178K)

unobtainium is used in scientific applications to describe materials that don't exist, it's easy to see how a real material could end up being called unobtainium if it was thought to be fake for so long. The history of language is full of stuff like this, and Avatar is based in the future. This is the laziest and dumbest nitpick of the whole movie.

This, the visual language of The Avengers movies is blander than unsauced spaghetti

Can't speak for France but the German dub is fine.

Maybe you're just trying to find excuses why not everyone likes your faggy capeshit movies.
>MUST BE THE DUBS!!!!
cope

S E E T H I N G

Attached: 1506976402687.jpg (1600x951, 363K)

the whole sinking part is pretty cool. I watched the movie multiple times just because of that.
Also women watched it multiple times for Leo and the romance. it just had something for everyone. True 4 quad movie.

We got dark matter and dark energy. I'm pretty sure even if we figure out what they are, we'd still continue to call them that.

>Conan dabbing on capeshit yet again

Attached: 1556629611103.jpg (268x284, 17K)

>Fear it... Run from it... Destiny still arrives

>xD
epic my dude

Highest grossing art house film pretending to be a superhero film of all time

as always based japan

Y-yeah guys b-barley a week ;'_'

>Yeah and whoever was ever gonna see it already did.

Yeah, you guys said the same thing about Captain Marvel. NO ONE was going to see it after the first weekend. And then it made 700M more.

Attached: Brie-Larson-in-as-Captain-Marvel.jpg (617x412, 297K)

>did a 5 year old wrote this?

Looks like it.