Actually buying movies

Do you actually buy Blu-Rays of movies and series? Or do you think it's an absolute waste of money?

Attached: Blade Runner Blu-Ray.jpg (472x600, 64K)

My wife does
Its stupid

yes

Yes. So many good movies out there that aren't ripped in good quality.

Try finding 1:1 rip of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. You can't.

The truth is that if I wasn't poor I'd buy all the films that really interest me.

Honestly, now's a pretty good time to get into Blu-ray if you've got an old PS3 lying around. Nobody's buying them so they're getting really cheap.

Attached: 1556192633736.jpg (775x837, 49K)

Second hand stores, pawn shops and charity shops are great, blu rays are really difficult to damage and can be found very cheap. I go nearly every weekend and come back with more than a dozen for under $20.

There's something satisfying about having a physical copy, holding it in your hands. Also I like to support the publishers that restore/remaster older and more obscure films. Arrow Video and Vinegar Syndrome are my favorites.

Attached: arrow_video_may_2019.jpg (852x1200, 246K)

Why yes, i have a large kino shelf that guests are very impressed by

I buy shit ONLY from living directors that I want to support actively in making more movies
Other than that, I download a 40-50GB BDMV, burn it to a $3 bluray disk and I save $40 from buying the actual thing

The original release or the studiocanal UK one?
both in 1:1

Blu Rays don't cost anything like $43, even if you're from a third world country like australia or canada

Yeah nvm I had criterion prices in mind
You still save money though

I like owning the physical media and putting them on my shelf, It's more satisfying to have a physical collection with their cases and box art than just having stuff on Hard drives. or streaming them and potentially getting viruses.

Plus while I would have called someone crazy for it years ago, I feel this whole woke leftist authoritarian movement is going to get a point when old films are going to be deemed problematic and not be sold anymore. Even a comedy like Blazing Saddles for example will be banned for nigger being said too many times by white people. I don't know even if there was war and internet ceases to exist once you have a physical copy nobody can take it from you. I'll take my tinfoil hat off now but the way the west is going I don't see it being insane at this point

Have sex

I do. Only stuff I really like though.

What's the difference?

2.35:1 aspect ratio as opposed to 2.39:1 original
Maybe some colour grading here and there but I don't know about that desu

This is already happening, the BBC have removed a lot of "problematic" jokes and lines from Only Fools and Horses in the most recent DVD releases, you have to track down the original releases from the early 2000s if you want to see the broadcast versions.

Only dvd/blurays that aren't usually on streamng services

How are the Simpsons home video releases?

I'd buy them used ofc, since I don't want to give the showmakers money for their Michael Jackson stunt

This is the first I've heard of it

Well there you have it, they can't rewrite the history I see if I own the original

I live in a small town where a lot of the movies I want to see aren't available, and the internet is unreliable.

I buy them, then pass them on to friends if they're good or to Goodwill if they're bad. I save them sometimes, but rarely.

Season 6 box set has a shitty design, and I don't care for the easily losable episode guide booklets, but I like owning them. Commentaries for every episode, and they're entertaining.

They're good, I don't have any but my friend has the first 10 seasons or so, they're peak Simpsons!

I'm white and employed thus I pay for my entertainment

Attached: 1537978711757.jpg (736x804, 58K)

Stellar. Season 11 Episode 5 has a particularly impressive master.

Cringe

Attached: moe.jpg (262x234, 14K)

you mean Based

Problematic shit being edited out of films and books is already happening not to mention releases being updated with pointless changes like Star Wars and Warriors etc.

Fuck you, Sneedshitter scum.
You provide nothing to the world but CRINGE.

Attached: moe.png (262x234, 55K)

I do. I like the ease of just sticking it in the dvd player and watching it. Last DVD I bought was the special edition of Gladiator for like €2 on Amazon. Last time I saw it was when it was released so it was enjoyable watching it and going through all the special features

I think collecting or owning anything is stupid, it's all stuff that is going to be useless when you are dead.

Just the ones from GKids since they were thoughtful enough to spare me useless movie trailers.

Attached: 1550958854820.jpg (232x293, 11K)

Then why haven't you disposed of all your worldly goods and taken up life naked in the wilderness?

I only watch my favorite movies once every 5-10 years. If 4K UHD DTS-HD Bluray is still the standard for physical releases in 10 years, I'll consider starting a collection.

Otherwise, shit changes too often for me to be happy with a collection for life. I just download a rip when I want to watch a movie. Even rips change standards and formats too often to make a digital collection. 10 years ago I was happy watching 700mb xvid dvd rips. Now I need 20gb perfectly encoded x264 4K rips with 0 visible artifacts.

I meant things not necessary for living

Whatever device you're using to post here is not necessary to your survival

Good point user