Reminder that if River Phoenix was still alive, Leonardo DiCaprio wouldn't have a career...

Reminder that if River Phoenix was still alive, Leonardo DiCaprio wouldn't have a career. Most of the roles that were given to him were meant for River at first.

Attached: 1554928990953.jpg (870x1067, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

throwbacks.com/phoenix-family/
people.com/celebrity/joaquin-phoenix-blasts-breakdown-reports/
youtu.be/aDE3vrcDjqE
youtu.be/Yi1Lk6ttFqs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perineal_raphe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

prob would never got Joaquin tho too

>Phoenix was a lifelong vegan.[34] His first girlfriend Martha Plimpton recalled: "Once when we were fifteen, River and I went out for a fancy dinner in Manhattan, and I ordered soft-shell crabs. He left the restaurant and walked around on Park Avenue, crying. I went out and he said, 'I love you so much, why? ... ' He had such pain that I was eating an animal, that he hadn't impressed on me what was right."[24]

Johnny Depp wouldn't have a career. That is why he killed him.

Joaquin already had a career when River was alive, if anything, he'd be less broken than he is now.
Depp was never offered a role that was meant for River, so that's irrelevant.

River faked his own death and then did plastic surgery. He's still acting with a different identity, you just don't know about it.

he went full homo irl for Gus Van Sant

That's the least fucked up thing that happened to him.

>River said that the controversial religious movement (or cult depending on who you ask) known as The Children of God is "ruining people's lives." While he didn't talk about it much, what he did reveal was truly haunting. The family joined in 1973, and worked as missionaries and fruit gatherers. But that wasn't the upsetting part. The controversial church was known for their "Flirty Fishing" policies where they had their members try to encourage new converts by sleeping with them. The Bottom family disagreed with this policy, but years later, River revealed that when he was only four years old he lost his virginity to someone in the cult, but "blocked out" a lot of the details. "I'm glad I did it when I was young," River said, "But I didn't want... different body parts that were in my face to make me perverse when I was older, so I blocked it all out. I was completely celibate from 10 to 14. You're just born into that reality, and you accept it."

throwbacks.com/phoenix-family/

Attached: 1522707600693.gif (413x243, 51K)

>dying on the street outside of a nightclub

what a loser

At least he didn't die alone. His brother was holding him and his sister was there too.

Fuck I just watched a doc about those freaks damn poor River!

>le edgy zoomer reply
cringe

he was taking drugs with his younger siblings around? What a disgusting degenerate

>tfw Chad can literally leave and cry like a baby and women will still say how much they love him
It's true that you can have any type of personality that you want as long as you're attractive and there will be no consequences

Do you think we would have gotten such kino out of Joaquin if he never went through the trauma of his brother dying in his arms?

>cries over crab legs
>does a bunch of drugs and dies
kek

Not a chance

how do I into Joaquin?

You Were Never Really Here > I'm Still Here > Her(e)

Is it true that River and Joaquin have the same mother but a different father?
If you're saying that his brother's death inspired him, you are really fucked up, pal.

Attached: 3000.jpg (965x579, 69K)

Read up on stanislavski before replying to one of my posts again

basically just watch The Master and The Yards. maybe Gladiator

If you were in a sex cult and forced to have sex when you were only four and then had to live with that, wouldn't you do drugs as well?

But having sex is the answer to any problem

the diary industry had river killed. they knew his potential to harm their practices. legends always die young r.i.p

>maybe Gladiator
>maybe

Attached: arnie.gif (353x209, 2.62M)

>I was completely celibate from 10 to 14

Attached: 1513709158237.jpg (470x470, 31K)

>when we were fifteen
>went out for a fancy dinner in Manhattan
based. wish i could have done stuff like that as a teenager. im in my 20s and i still have never gone out for a fancy dinner.

Stop saying shit like that. This is what Joaquin said about it when he was filming Walk The Line.

>“You know, the press has kind of imposed upon me the title of Mourning Brother, and because I haven’t been vocal about it, the assumption is that I’m holding onto this (stuff) that’s just not there,” he tells Newsweek.

>“I don’t need to pull from my experience for a character, and I’ve never understood why actors would, except for lack of ability, imagination or research,” he says. “I had all three things, so this is a little frustrating to me.” The actor blasts attempts to establish a link between his acting and the real life tragedy of his brother’s death as “slightly exploitative.” “It kind of makes me sick,” he added.

Forgot the link
people.com/celebrity/joaquin-phoenix-blasts-breakdown-reports/

Joaquin said that because he didn't want to admit the truth. His brother's death destroyed him and he became alcoholic after filming walk the line because the scene where Cash's brother death really affected him according to the crew of the movie.

I guess I don't really think often about the techniques behind acting-- so is Joaquin saying that he creates his performances by observing and mimicking the mechanics behind certain behaviors and expressions, rather than by "getting into character" psychologically?

obviously hes sad about what happened user, but that doesnt mean it made him a good/great actor.

no hes just saying he has acting ability, imagination, and researches his roles.

River was a shit actor, if he was alive today he'd be a bloated burnout

>Vegetarian times
Dear Lord..

Attached: phoenix_family5o1_640.jpg (594x800, 86K)

>being this ahead of your time

River was a bastard

Is it possible to feel bad about someone else's tragedy? Why couldn't River live for his brother? Why did he have to go?
>youtu.be/aDE3vrcDjqE

To be fair, Summer doesn't look like the rest either.

Attached: ph6-39-283.jpg (767x688, 329K)

OP here. Anyway, back to the topic. River was supposed to be in the basketball diaries and total eclipse. He was also the first choice for Jack in Titanic back when the movie was still in discussion.

>He was also the first choice for Jack in Titanic back when the movie was still in discussion.
Titanic was in 1997, River died in 1993

>thinking a film like titanic went from birth to completion in 5 years

Attached: lifeandtimesoftim09-300x400.jpg (300x400, 26K)

>Five child stars and their shining parents
>Shining parents
Same parents who forced their kids to perform on the streets and lure strangers to their sex cult. Same parents who were fine with strangers fucking their kids.

What was his best role?
>Martha Plimpton
Eww..
They have the same parents, some siblings don't look alike, simple like that.
>I don’t need to pull from my experience for a character, and I’ve never understood why actors would, except for lack of ability, imagination or research.
Okay then, we know how he's joker is going to be then.
Why did I watch the whole video?
If River was alive, they'd obviously choose him instead of Leo who was a literally who back then.

Enough talk about Joaquin, how would Keanu have fared if River had never died?

>Okay then, we know how he's joker is going to be then.
Yes I'm sure his experience as a deranged clown-man would have come in handy.

I think Keanu's career would be the same as now. I don't think that things would be different if River was still around.

Imagine naming your kids like that.

Attached: 35.jpg (674x895, 250K)

Weren't their parents in some weird hippie commune cult or some shit?

What a beautiful couple

Attached: shortlife1.jpg (393x564, 56K)

His original name was River Bottom

Leo got his boyhole passed around by Hollywood pedophiles too, but he didn't drug himself to death. River was just weak.

I don't know who this cracka is but he has terrible skin for an actor wtf

The difference Leo likes that because he's obviously gay.

Am I the only one who thinks that she looked like a guy? I watched her in Parenthood and she even sounded like a man.

Attached: 8-38-210.jpg (799x508, 253K)

Unironically I cried because of that video.
youtu.be/Yi1Lk6ttFqs

When you think about it and stare at her for long enough, every woman could be an androgynous man. There's no one feature that says "definitely has to be female" in a face
But yeah it's the jaw, nose, and tiny eyes in this case

He could do better yet he chose her.

How old are you, kiddo? You have to be at least in your late 20s to post here.

River was in a fucked up sex cult, morin and had sex when he was four years old. There's a difference in that.

yea gotta respect him being content with that. shes so fucking ugly, bet she couldnt believe her luck

River doesn't look like his ugly siblings. Whose the adulterer, the father or mother?

>bet she couldnt believe her luck
Yeah, until he fucking died lol

>River doesn't look like
You mean,
>River DIDN'T look like.
He's gone, gotta use past tense.

have sex

Every man is just a manly woman.

He said what he had to say because he didn't want people to see him as weak but we all know the truth.
>“River and I would talk about getting old, being in our 50s together, how it’d probably take us that long to get to work together. There was something gorgeous about us being old together. River will be missed. I mean now, more than ever I wish I could talk to him.”
That's sad, bros.

Attached: 25423&8$.jpg (635x1041, 469K)

Yep, that's also true. There's no universal gender markers due to different levels of testosterone within both genders

His new identity is Jonny Depp.

plus the clit is just an underdeveloped dick

the reality/science behind the genders makes me both lust for women and find them fucking disgusting at the same time

He's not gone if he lives on in my heart you shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perineal_raphe

Assuming that he had another father, that's not his real name.
Makes sense

disgusting

the sad thing is girls are the apex because technically all dudes are just overdeveloped girls

>when youre the freak

Thankfully biology has imbued us with this drive to still find them hot despite all the disgusting shit

I have a brother and I'm not even close to him yet I think their relationship was beautiful and I feel sad about what happened.

>the sad thing is girls are the apex because technically all dudes are just overdeveloped girls
nice try fag, women are just underdeveloped men.

>What was his best role?
The one where he and Keanu were fags.

Wow now I'm glad he dead

I wonder how many Oscars he would win if he was still alive.

>walking out on a girl because she eats meat and she still chases after him
absolutely based alpha vegan

River was based and one thing I liked about him was how honest he always was. He didn't give a fuck about what others would say about his words or actions, he even called out the shit that happened to him and his family, compared to other celebrities, that was a rare thing to do. Too bad that in the end he gave up like this.

Depends. Would he have a career like Leo or Depp?

The thread is literally about how Leo has a career because of him do there's your answer.

I look like Stephen, but with shorter hair.

Attached: 1212_malo_mcdaniel_hearing_.jpg (1140x1063, 82K)

What do you mean by fancy? I've never been to a fine dining restaurant, I guess, but I've had some nice dinners.

read the thread nigger

>4 years without sex

How in the fuck did he survive?

absolutely yikes

You from Middle Georgia famm? that pic you posted...

no, from the UK. got the same facial features. chubby cheeks but thin, big eyes, curly hair, weak jaw. shit sucks. my skin is a lot worse than his though.