Pikes in front!!! Archers behind!!!

>Pikes in front!!! Archers behind!!!

Even an orc knows battle formation better than DnD

Attached: Lieutenant_Gothmog.jpg (713x747, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v_RgNLI1rYY
youtube.com/watch?v=MXAWVydZyz8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gothmog was portrayed as a legit interesting character. He would probably enjoy shitposting with us in his free time.

Well, he was a general. So, he had to know battle formations.

Did those retards think 3 arrow volleys would take down 6000 dudes

What makes you think that

youtube.com/watch?v=v_RgNLI1rYY

He seemed insightful and generally facepalmed at brainletism.

I don't think you can be promoted in rank like that without some knowledge about war.

What a fabulous headgear. Does this fashionable gentleman have a name?

Attached: IMG_20190502_191214.jpg (1417x598, 155K)

The Catapult prisoner releaser

Nevermind, his name's Guritz.

Orcs are pretty smart, though. Just look at their cool siege weapons.

Its not hard to imagine an orc with above average intelligebce shitposting on here considering tons of them are doing it at this very moment

He's intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

not just some orc, an orc coming from a clan famous for inbreeding. that´s why he looked even more fucked up then the other orcs

youtube.com/watch?v=MXAWVydZyz8

10/10 would bang
NO HOMO

why are LOTR fags so insecure with GoT

Absolute unit.

just like me

Rhealitz d'Priznirz

Nah that's the grinch

yea its because they had jaime lannister, the best tactician still alive down outside the castle serving under le strong woman

Lmao it's the opposite though. Even my normalfag friends thought the last episode was boring as shit.

>literally who ogre
>interesting character
we all know lotr is great but holy shit dude get P Jackson's chode out of your mouth

He was the most articulate and non-brainlet of the orcs we see, only maybe Ugluk seemed as smart.

Every time there's a big GoT battle they always compete with Helms Deep though

>CAVALRY AND ARTILLERY IN FRONT
>PIKES BEHIND

Shut the fuck up you gimp lmao

>distinctive look
>shows above-average skills
>big guy
I think Gothmog is a pretty cool dude, eh sieges Gondor and doesn't afraid of anything

It's literally what the mongols did at the siege of kaffa. It scared the pansy Italians so hard they bailed back to Italy and since the corpses mongols were throwing were infected by the black death we got the literal holocaust back in the XIV century.
>30% to 50% of all Europeans died in the next 4 years.
Kino.

Lt. Guritz is his name.

Tyrion won the battle of the blackwater.
Jon was lord commander and defended castle black against the wildlings.
Jaime won a few battles and took the twins back from the blackfish.
Beric is based af and could've probably come with some based strategy.
Jorah served with the golden company and must at least know not to place a trench behind the army or charge like a mong in the dark at zombies.
Grey worm is also not retarded as a general.
etc.
DnD's are retarded as fuck, just watch the interviews, normie tier talking.

>Tyrion won the battle of the blackwater
Hhmm more like Tywin did :)

If Tyrone hadn't managed to hold out for so long, Tywin would have run into an already occupied city instead of into an ez flank.

Actually you would put the arches in the front so they have longer range and no obstructions to see through/over, then you move them back as needed or they switch to pikes/other melee weapons. Arches always (of course not always) carried close-combat weapons as well.

>6000 dudes
They were only firing at Will.

>Beric is based af

to me the character of Beric was just someone who was all around okay combat-wise but could light up his sword and not die when killed

>Will is a guy clumsily avoiding the storm of arrows from one side and all the charging horses from the other while laugh tracks play

When you have a giant fucking tsunami of horses coming your way (downhill I might add) I'd think you'd neither have the time nor need for the old "archer shooty back-a-roony". Any arrow will most likely hit even if you shoot in a random direction.

based and subversivepilled

GoT faggots have constantly been comparing their crap show with LoTR. You're new here if you want to pretend otherwise.

Imagine if Winterfell was besieged by these guys

Attached: adam-dotlacil-variance.jpg (1800x707, 557K)

BRING OUT THE WOLF'S HEAD

Attached: file.png (737x571, 589K)

what do they think about sauron's tax policies

Im actually pretty sure that historically you would never put infantry infront of your archers.
This is bad practise by him. It would be okay if he was protecting his archers but then they probably wouldnt be firing; you want to maximise your range with archers given the opportunity cost of lightly armed troops in your army and the limitations on firing rate you have with them. Otherwise theres no point. Plus you dont want your own troops interfering with your arrows amd vice versa.

They thought his federal tax system was alright, but didn't like the regional VAT in Mordor, so they preferred to serve in Isengard where local consumption taxes were more competitive for businesses and the revenue instead drew more from land and income taxes.

Black legion would have massacred winterfell

Westeros would be fucked if Uruks invaded

depends on the archers on the discipline of the army in question, certain bows were specialized just for long range combat, and it enabled the archers using them to stand behind infantry - other skirmishers or short bowman/ranged levies did often come out in front to harry the enemy and then would run back - some archers rode on horseback and would ride the enemy down or soften them from a range while still being mobile enough to flank and escape, the point is historically pretty much everything was tried and if you were good enough and had the resources for it many options worked

he's good at guerilla warfare, the brotherhood survived in the woods and fought whatever was sent at them.

That's what they do. Archers step in front of pikes after he says this, they let out a few volleys then retreat behind the pikes before the Rohirrim got to them.

Your skirmish line would form ahead of the infantry and then fall back when appropriate

I'll just verify those numerals for you.

I haven't read the books but I wish Beric was more fleshed out in the show. Why has he been allowed to revive so many times?

>dragons get btfo'd by ballistas
>dothraki impaled on 15 feet pikes
>"fearless" Unsullied slaughtered by 300 pounds rage-mode uruks
humans wouldn't stand a chance against these lads

> orcs created a few days ago in birthing pods have far more tactical knowledge and battle prowess than the assortment great generals and battle hardened veterans in winterfell

its crazy I know