I don't get it

I don't get it
why didn't he do it?

Attached: check_em.jpg (500x333, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

e-reading.club/chapter.php/79864/38/Ellis_-_American_Psycho.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Forgot to put tarp on his couch. Wouldn't want to make a mess.

Because that's not how the damn thing works and it wouldn't shoot even if he wanted to.

Don't be stupid. The early nail guns (70's-90's) could have EASILY worked that way with a simple adjustment that anyone could figure out.

It was all in his head

He simply didn't enjoy it. That, and think of the cleaning he'd have to do. That would definitely conflict with his tight schedule.

Poor writing.

when you grow up kid and have to pin a side board together for your goblino wifes sons funko pops, you'll know all about the nail gun "safety" catch

Wasn't in the script

She liked Phil Collins

she got dubs

Attached: 1506276769042.png (1688x715, 969K)

Killing is bad

Welp, it was nice while it lasted.

Because he realized that he wasnt like the other WHORES, this girl wanted to do something with her life instead of taking pills and coke.

This absolutely makes sense, most psychopath killers have a "moral" compass if you will, most dont hurt children and animals, in Patrick's case he REALLY hated prostitutes and people he considered animalistic in nature so its no surprise he didnt went against his code.

Plus she literally looks like a lamb in that scene, look at her pale skin dressed in white on a white couch, Patrick saw her as wholesome.

Also check these.

i'm pretty sure that type of gun needs to be hosed up to an air compressor

>most dont hurt children and animals

He kills a child in the book

>He kills a child in the book
and rapes a platypus

yeah 'cause he definitely could have consensual sex with a fucking platypus if he wanted too

Because he wasn't capable of committing a murder, and yet kept fantasizing about killing people. All the other ones where in his head.

Wrong wrong wrong
Ackshually IN THE BOOOOK there's a bit where he kills a child at a fair and his reflections on it are entirely about how unsatisfying it is to kill children because there's so little life there to be snuffed out.
He'd prefer killing someone with ambitions and a life to be destroyed.

But the film probably wants to hint at some bullshit about her being his only ties to the last tiny bit of humanity left in him or some gay shit.

In the book he doesn't kill her because he doesnt feel like it at the moment, which is probably as close to a glimpse into an actual serial killers mind as you can get.

She was cute

Legit?
He just didn't feel like it

>why didn't he do it?
He didn't do any of it, didn't you watch it?

>STOP SOUNDING SO FUCKING SAAAD

are you sure about that? remember his daddy was a big shot, maybe it all got taken care of

Well shit that sounds awesome I didnt know that, yeah it makes sense the movie tried to give him some redemeing qualities.

Oh if someone could describe how he kills the kid that would be great.

e-reading.club/chapter.php/79864/38/Ellis_-_American_Psycho.html

In the book it makes it a bit clearer that Pat Bateman does struggle with his murderous persona and does feel a little bit of shame and guilt, but at the same time he can go into a manic uncontrollable frenzy of bloodlust at any time and basically is a slave to these currents that pull him. This moment where he decides not to kill her (I think it was someone different in the book, not the secretary) was a moment where he had already murdered tons of women recently (some were rotting in his apartment right then) and he just didn’t feel it. He didn’t have the bloodlust and he felt he was on autopilot and so he just sort of let’s her go. Of course he goes right back into the murdering game afterwards but the idea of these moments is to show that Patrick isn’t necessarily one dimensional, and he is experiencing his own version of hell and torment inside his own mind. In the book there’s even a point where he’s crying that “he just wants to be loved” but can’t reconcile it with his need to murder which depresses him more.

Mr Big CEO

He had AIDS, thats how he was a serial killer, he just saw himself killing women instead og giving them HIV

I don't get it
why didn't he do it?

Attached: luis.jpg (480x360, 10K)

I can't believe that Bryce prefers Van Patten's card to mine..

She wasn't attractive and it distracted me for all of the eight minutes of screen time she has.

>Yea Forums
>they dont know the yummy feel of power
>they dont know the feeling of adrenaline
>they dont know the feeling of clenching your teeth and hurting your mouth while you try to do something awful

nice dubs
I don't get that scene either
was he going to choke Luis out like that? even if he caught Luis by surprise, they are equal in stature and it would surely result in a struggle that made a lot of noise

check 'em

This is how you do it. Check em.

now check this out

Attached: jan card.png (640x356, 241K)

This is it. The worst sentence I've read on Yea Forums. Horrible grammar and no point.

Because Bateman is not the main antagonist of the movie- he is just imagining/daydreaming everything since first murder, and Bateman is historia imaginary friend
Those murders never ocur to people he knows- even Paul Allen is seen somewhere else
Also in the epilogue of the book someone sums up real Bateman as 'pussy', so probably this is why he is daydreaming having balls and hurting people

In one sentence or less, please.

He stabs a kid.

slits a kids throat at a zoo, doesnt enjoy it as much as he enjoys killing adults

To answer op's question: Patrick doesnt kill people that genuinley care about him in a non-superficial way

but her "love" is superficial
she thinks he's good looking and powerful
she's like that shy girl who gets asked to the ball by the chad sports player in school
nothing about his personality attracts her

Oddly specific. Are you ok user?

>most psychopath killers have a "moral" compass if you will
they fucking do not, you absolute retard
psychopaths have no problem raping, torturing, and dismembering kids, then ransoming them to their parents and throwing the dismembered child body at the parents while laughing
one of the clearest signs a kid is a psychopath is that they torture and kill animals

now *sociopaths* (aka damaged normies) still have some moral compass, sure

She was a good girl and he felt sorry for her

He had something good in his heart after all

Attached: 1549846615957.png (1000x1000, 120K)

maybe he subconciously felt killing her would be wrong since she aggresively shows affection and admiration to him all the time
or he is probably just fucking around and decided not to that particular time because he is a fucking psychopath
also check these digits, whatchu know bout that probaby nothing

Attached: 1543770556308.jpg (1381x815, 74K)

she and various other people comment about bateman being "nice" and "kind" in particular compared to bryce, van patten etc. because he keeps up his nice guy image
>cool it with the antisemitic remarks

Check this.

/thread

Not really. It could just be running off an air/butane cylinder in the grip/handle.
The safety catch is just that the tip has to be pushed into the target. You can easily defeat the safety by welding or gluing the catch in the ready to fire position.
>t. guy who used to help his dad do building shit decades ago

So did this movie really happen or not?

>It could just be running off an air/butane cylinder in the grip/handle.
In the 80s? No chance.

Exactly

Attached: all this projection.jpg (600x800, 82K)

it's not clear
one running theme is that all these guys look like each other and wear the same clothes
if you pay attention to the dialogue, they constantly confuse eachother for other people
so Paul Allen being seen in London could just be another business guy with the same haircut and suit

That, my good sir, is BASED.

nice. very impressive

Attached: 1395759734598.png (393x391, 216K)

2 instances of dubs, pathetic thread

Attached: bateman_facepalm.jpg (442x493, 48K)

he decided he wanted to nail her first

he wasn't part of that "yale thing"

you're thinking of donnie darko

lmao.
Iunno what's funnier, the context of this or the three rustled people who replied before me.

Attached: 138716391a7e740a3355b11a1293ee10529091f35675d814b6cafbf0ebe31565.jpg (406x385, 44K)

Let's see Moonmans card.

>rustled

Attached: 1546798298632.gif (480x360, 2.52M)

some asshole shut off the air compressor and stole his hose. EVERYTIME when I work late.

Attached: cara-wot.jpg (800x414, 44K)

Does he really? Genuine question.

In that vein, the part of the book that got me the most is when he visits his mother who notices that he is "sad". Pretty much my favourite scene, after all that's been leading up to it!

The obvious answer is that his intelligence overpowered his psychotic urges and convinced him she was too obvious a target and it could lead to his arrest.

check'em

Yeah. That book is one of my favourite books to read. Even though 50% of reads like a Moore’s catalogue about fashion, there’s something very intriguing and dark comedy-like about its narrative. And Pat is a great character. I loved the chapter “Thursday” where here’s just rambling incoherently and foaming at the mouth and doing crazy shit. I also like how BE Ellis plays around with the narration style and he switches between firsts person perspective (when Bateman is in a more clear state of mine) and third person (when he starts slipping). Really adds a nice layer of characterization to him and his disassociation.

>1 trillion replies, not a single double
pleb thread