An entire story arc

to save Arya some time?

Attached: Beric_Dondarrion.0.jpg (1200x800, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h50FXupHIQw
youtube.com/watch?v=GnVLfEDxGkE
youtube.com/watch?v=To_RJ_mPNqM
youtube.com/watch?v=2kMCxy3c5p8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How many times did the Lord of Light bring him back, just so he could buy Arya 30 seconds to get to a door she could lock behind her? Is it that easy to resurrect someone? Was there nobody who could've saved Arya using fewer resurrections? What about Jon? Why bring him back if Arya was the one to kill the Night King? What about Melisandre? How many centuries of life did she live, just to tell Arya "lol remember blue eyes"? I know it's just a show, but fuck, it's so badly written.

Why didn’t the lord of light just light the door on fire and block the way

Why not? It's not like your life has more meaning.

More like save the abortion of story line D&D butchered and the budget, ha ha! Am'i'right?

Why didn't the lord of light just kill the night king?

Post GoT Tribute kino

youtube.com/watch?v=h50FXupHIQw

too much hassle

Why didnt the lord of light just used a lock door instead

>an entire story arc
>to save Frodo some time?

Heroic self sacrifice is the most satisfying part of any masculine character. But when its done by lazy fags in a show for fat middle aged women, it's wasted and feels trite and stupid.

Beric died in a good way. The show just sucks.

Attached: 181d1a.jpg (1920x1604, 1.37M)

Attached: 0A07AFEF-DB6F-4CC4-A404-99A7B0C2C8DC.jpg (1024x1532, 635K)

Kino until the last 10 sec

I dont expect to get resurrected. And should I get resurrected several time, I would assume it's to accomplish something more than blocking a door anybody else could have blocked. It's just a LOST level of arc ending.

At least they tried to tie shit together in lost. And the characters were kino as fuck

I love Beric and this tribute but the empty Arya "twist" should have been cut

Yeah I know but the whole rest is fucking amazing. I almost teared up watching this.

But that's the conclusion to his arc

Bang

Attached: cowboy-bebop-spike-bang-5973c398dc6a3[1].jpg (970x545, 97K)

He threw a flaming sword and killed a wight just as it pinned her and was about to kill her

WHY DIDN'T HE JUST SET FIRE TO ALL THE UNDEAD AND REVIVE EVERYONE BEFORE NK DID

to be fair any random winterfell soldier could have done that

Lady Stoneheart was cut out of the show for this.

In the books he just brought Catelyn back to life. He wasn't anything special either.

>Lady Stoneheart was cut out of the show
good

retard, aragorn's arc was becoming the king of gondor

beric was such a good character, good tribute.

>D1:" Uuuuh so what do we do with Beric?"
>D2:"Idk just make him into Hodor V2, can we get more polar bears?"

Don't be silly, the zombies were highly flammable and easily killed by fire *before* the script of the great battle of Winterfell demanded it, now they can extinguish fire with their bodies.

that man's voice made my asscheeks jiggle with lust

Beric > Lady Reddithart

Best character in the series,
Should have screamed "FOR THE LORD OF LIGHT" and nuked himself.

Everyone involved helped the big win happen. It doesn't matter who did what because no one could have done it all by themselves. All that matters is the context, because there is no such thing as an isolated incident. Every person creates the context within which everything unfolds. You can't separate one person's actions from the larger context of the collective's actions. It's all part of the same ecological system. Every piece constitutes the whole.

Melissandre was there too, would not it have been easier for the lord of light to just revive arya once?

>would not it have been easier for the lord of light to just revive arya once?
How do you think she survived being stabbed in the stomach and faling into shit infested water?

I thought Melly would resurrect him for some zombie on zombie action but I guess the writers arbitrarily decided that was the end.

They thought Frodo was dead you fking retard.

I wish they reveal Bran as the Lord of Light or the real villain otherwise dumb and dumber should k themselves.

Why? They didn't see his corpse
Classic mistake

We both already know this won't happen and this show will end in a totally predicable way, with lots of "slay queen" moments

they didn't imbecile

DnD are fucking terrible writers. Don't expect anything good from them. They know how to direct and produce, but they shouldn't be in charge of the script

No they didn't you fucking retard. The only reason they stormed the black gate was to buy time for Frodo to climb mount doom and destroy the ring.

not literally dead brainlet, dead as in no other choice other than run in and give one last honor in frodo's name thinking aragorn had failed.

Beric should have been the one to die lighting the trenches or he should have died to bring back Mel so she could light them. Rez her like LSH in the books.

Or Arya should have died and Beric should have rezed her so she can kill the NK.

Instead he died so Mel can meet Arya and say "blue eyes lol" okay bitch send a raven next time poor dude is falling apart for seasons for what amounts to a tweet? He deserved better.

The mouth of sauron showed aragorn the mithril vest and this destoryed aragorn's hope. He says "for frodo" as a last heroic attempt to fight in his honor considering they were surround completely.

They had no idea frodo was climbing mount doom so they weren't buying time you brainlet. and by dead I meant metaphorically "fucked"

>why? how? what? why?

Shut the fuck up and enjoy the show

If you like old punk like Stiff Little Fingers, you should definitely watch Berric Dondarrion nail the main role in Good Vibes. It's like The Commitments meets 'the Troubles' but it's guaranteed to make you feel good after.

>run in and give one last honor in frodo's name
no? to give frodo time to reach the mount doom and destroy the ring. they literally say this during their battle plan scene you absolute brainlet

this Thoros tribute is good

youtube.com/watch?v=GnVLfEDxGkE

>Heroic self sacrifice is the most satisfying part of any masculine character
This is a thing in the media because it trains young men to grow up supporting wars in the middle east. go die for gondor and youre a hero and such.

>youtube.com/watch?v=To_RJ_mPNqM

Watch the scene again you fucking imbecile. Aragorn flat out says "I do not believe it! I will not!" and they aren't even surrounded yet.

>he mouth of sauron showed aragorn the mithril vest and this destoryed aragorn's hope
That's why Aragon kills Mouth of Sauron and tells him he doesn't believe Frodo is dead?
>hey had no idea frodo was climbing mount doom
So that's why they say that their plan is to give him time to climb mount doom?

Good Vibrations I meant. Ser Davos is in it too.

Just consume product

Every time someone uses consume in this context I just imagine boogie chowing down on a stack of DVDs

It works when they sacrifice themselves for people you care for. However, no one cares for Arya.

>Beric should have been the one to die lighting the trenches

That would have been the best end to his character. They should have had the army of the dead push the defenders back untill they had to have made a hasty and desperate retreat. Then, a badly wounded Beric should have sacrificed himself to light the trenches to push the enemy back.

I hate that they killed him because it wouldn't stir up the current reddit fandom as much as other deaths would have.
Beric was supposed to be a sympathetic character who only reluctantly and rarely engaged in "ends justify the means" behaviour. His selflessness cost him his life multiple times. And it's not like being constantly resurrected is a superpower. His memories, his connection to a far more pleasant time, to his family and friends, fade more and more every time Thoros revives him. Everything he does is unceremonious; his guerilla war against the Lannisters and later the Crown, is more than just an uphill battle, it's costly, almost forlorn.

At first I was baffled why the moralizing, overtly-compassionate viewers of the show never praised him the same way they did Jon Snow or Daenerys or Tyrion. Beric, like Ned was meant to show that the high-road doesn't yield immediate benefits, in fact it's often tremendously taxing and that the morality we ought to understand can't be counted or put on a "progressive" scale. It's tested in our own hearts by difficult choices and solidified when we witness moments of suffering done behalf of those less fortunate. He's somewhat of a Christian character with his willingness to sacrifice himself, his unwavering love for the commoners and the fact he gave up a life of comfort and renown as a tourney-knight and lord to deliver whatever justice he could.

What he isn't is a personality you can sell. He doesn't make dumb quips about forgetting tradition. He never made any snide comments about inheritance or popular government. He's not a funny little jokester that's also an ethnic minority or a woman. There's no silly slogan we can attach to Beric and he doesn't kvetch about progressive flavour-of-the-month emancipatory politics. He died without fanfare because someone was needed to give a real kween her incredibly hamfisted moment to shine and it could have never been Tormund, Tyrion or Brienne.

Attached: 1555521031658.jpg (1024x724, 69K)

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS.

MELLY JUST MAKES STUFF UP HALF THE TIME.

IT'S EVEN LIKE THIS IN THE BOOKS, IT'S NOT HARD TO UNDERSTAND.

She was just pep-talking Arya.

People who criticize great art are just attention seeking. To 'stand out' when they really have nothing of worth to say.

This is your brain on "just keep your brain on!". When will you self tormenting brain on people stop punishing yourselves?

>My opinions can't possibly be wrong so you must just be disagreeing for attention

Attached: 1485051024425.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

People who hand wave away criticisms as attention seeking behavior will never produce great art.

What are they even reacting to?

this was pretty kino too

Meryl Streep's golden globes acceptance speech

Its a good thing this is not great art then.

Or he could have died the same way as he did in the corridor but in a much more spectacular fashion. For instance, when the wights bit into him he could have bursted into flame (since his blood reacts with his sword and others to set them alight, it might have a similar reaction against wights), resulting in a wall of fire that blocks the entire corridor and spreads to the entire column of wights behind him.

They didn't. They attacked the Black Gate because they believed in the tiny chance that Frodo was alive and making his way through Mordor, and wanted to distract Sauron and his armies.

Why didn't she just hold the door?

>Beric
>Barricades

>Hodor
>Holds door

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

which would have fit with his discussion with jon north of the wall about how they can help others not die and be the shield that defend the realms of men. sure he kept arya alive but he didnt understand the importance of doing that. he died once to keep a beekeeper alive in the books so his sacrifice for arya wasnt that big of a deal unless he knew arya was going to kill the NK, which he didnt.

it wasnt a choice he made to save winterfell he just saved a girl who happened to save winterfell.

him dying knowingly protecting all of winterfell would have been much more fitting end to his story.

Do you forget what happens when they speak to the Mouth of Sauron?

Should be Beric-AIDS instead.
Does that mean he's been spreading diseased blood all over everyone and their swords?

The show really shits on the magic of it's own legends.

>Mel was completely fucking wrong. Going to Dragonstone wasn't her misreading the signs and trying to find the PTWP. Arya was never at Dragonstone at all, resurrecting and thinking it was Snow was also a mistake.
>No bleeding star, the comet meant nothing.
>No Nissa Nissa or lightbringer, Azor Ahai's legend completely disregarded.

DUDE the LORD OF LIGHT sent the BOAR to bobby b so he could die so the war could start so STANNIS and RENLY could die and ned stark gets beheaded so Arya can flee and then LMAO something assassin guild etc pp just shut your fucking brain off twats gg don't @ me

it's so dumb for them to include azor ahai and ptwp shit if they aren't really gonna do anything with it.

melly should have just been a priestess with coll powers for the lord of light and thats it. she should have aged every time she used her powers, and when she lit up the trench she should have died right then

“Can I dwell on what I scarce remember? I held a castle on the Marches once, and there was a woman I was pledged to marry, but I could not find that castle today, nor tell you the color of that woman's hair. Who knighted me, old friend? What were my favorite foods? It all fades. Sometimes I think I was born on the bloody grass in that grove of ash, with the taste of fire in my mouth and a hole in my chest. Are you my mother, Thoros?”

>lost
>tie shot together
Come on man I loved Lost but they had more loose ends than girls that do shoots for Tushy. They didn't wrap up shit. They didn't tie everything up in a nice bow. They had a jumbled mess so they took a pair of scissors and just cut off anything that didn't look right then stuffed it into a new box.

Dabid doesn't know who lord of light is.

they killed him because it's early days and they have 3 episodes left.

No, Aragorn kills Mouth of Sauron and tells everybody he won't believe his lies.

He should’ve resurrected Somebody important.

>the media invented dulce et decorum est

Attached: 2-song-of-roland-778-ad-granger.jpg (594x723, 410K)

>>Mel was completely fucking wrong. Going to Dragonstone wasn't her misreading the signs and trying to find the PTWP.
To be fair, Mel was frequently wrong, or at the very least couldn't interpret her (correct) visions. I agree about the Jon Snow bit and Arya killing the NK was retarded, but there was precedent for her being wrong before.

dammit viggo

I loved this part, I wish they had done more with his character in the show, but you can't get any quips out of him so I guess it was pointless to hope for more. I do think his death should have echoed his book death in that he should have died to resurrect someone or save Winterfell or something, instead of just slowing down Arya/the Hound and bleeding out.

What did she say?

The only right way for him to go would've been him saying something like "for the night is dark... but the dawn breaks" and exploding in light killing a bunch of zombies desu. Normies would've eaten that shit up and so would I

This scene was laughably bad as well. The amount of times he died in the hallway was ridiculous, only for him to make it all the way in the end and then die inside the room.

Fuck got fags im casual as fuck. He was a good character and although it was Honor recylced it was ok with me. Great episode no one can be disappointed with what we got.

Maybe reviving her is the special thing

Also the fact that even though he told them to keep running they didn't, and instead decided to wait for him to slowly stumble out and die. It basically made his death pointless and he instead slowed them down instead of helping them escape.

He did a lot more over the course of his life - that was just his final act.

>He did a lot more over the course of his life - that was just his final act.
Name 571 things he did

Quit using logic, incel.

Am i the only one who thinks season 8 episode 3 should have a laugh track added to it?

Gotta have him die like a bitch
like stannis
like theyll do with jamie too eventually

because you cant have young men having good role models in popular media just have guys like lil cuck snow give up his kingship so he can save the world of men

oops jk looks like a stronk woman did it for you too bad about that oath loser better luck next cycle.

Attached: 145d895e05c112ba77dac12079d970f4.jpg (670x1192, 100K)

he didn't died in that fight, his arc ended with him becoming a king.

He is the hodor of arya
Im surprised his name wasn't buytaim

Yeah I thought Melly would rez him. Not sure why she didn't at least try.

He tolerated 571 of the Hound's shitty little quips.

The episode did it to Jon too, all he was doing for the latter half of the episode was run around like a chicken with his head cut off doing nothing.

Beric can't actually summon fire. He uses a flint to spark his sword.

Attached: 9134.jpg (2178x1785, 2.14M)

dont forget about jorah
die for your queen

wow a poem written and published and promoted to push the idea that you should die in some mudshit trench in europe in ww1

thanks for proving my point my dude

Thought he used his blood.

That was what he wanted though.

Hey how about John 15:13 if that's onions enough for you.

>I cannot tell fiction from reality
If someone was stupid enough to fall for this meme, they deserve to be cannon fodder, beats them breeding at any rate.

But I'm pretty sure it's the elite that supports American wars, poor people don't usually give a shit beyond the paycheck/benefits they get from serving.

>poor people don't usually give a shit beyond the paycheck/benefits they get from serving
Nope, poor dumb people love wars and the idea of glory on the battlefield. The elite start wars to benefit themselves, the poor support them due to misplaced loyalties and delusions of grandeur.

>For instance, when the wights bit into him he could have bursted into flame (since his blood reacts with his sword and others to set them alight, it might have a similar reaction against wights), resulting in a wall of fire that blocks the entire corridor and spreads to the entire column of wights behind him.
I'm sorry, user, but that sounds cheesy as fuck. Have you been watching too much anime?

tyipcal liberal hollywood actor bullshit you'd expect an uggo white woman to say

You are the downfall of civilization

>The Lord of Light needs you to do this thing literally everyone else could have done thats why I am going to bother ressing you over and over again. This is a good use of my power.
What a pathetic way to die. I feel sorry for him. This whole ending feels like such a spit in the face. Everything in episode 3 feels like a generic conclusion with no real thought behind it. We are just supposed to accept all these things without thinking too much about it which is the opposite of what GoT was.

FUCK D&D

Attached: 1549884098412.jpg (552x457, 28K)

The Song of Roland is a medieval poem you pleb

It's kino
youtube.com/watch?v=2kMCxy3c5p8

I wish melissandre would sit in my face

He doesnt exist...

im the night king slayer, you gotta deal with it

it's charcoal pine resin