Was this so hard, Paramount?

Was this so hard, Paramount?

Attached: IMG_20190501_110920_073.jpg (460x460, 69K)

The movie looks like shit, but I didn't feel like it was anything outrageous.

WHO GIVES A SHIT

I do

>blue arms

Attached: kylo.webm (1280x720, 841K)

The right one actually looks like shit. The movie design in it's completion does have glaring issues but I'm glad they somewhat redesigned Sonic for the movie rather than just CG superimposing the same old modern Sonic from the games that's been done to death.

In pic related where the issues are hidden by the angle, still-frame and pose (Sonic's body being too "long", the ugly facial details such human teeth and visible eyelashes, eye rims), it's looks like everything I would have hoped for.

Attached: MV5BZWUyNzhjZWYtMzIzOC00MmE3LWI0NWQtZTI0OGQyYjE5NzM5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg2NjQwMDQ@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,67 (674x1000, 206K)

They didn't make him look like a cartoon, they didn't make him look like an animal, they made him look like a toddler in a fursuit.
If they had to give him a new design, at least they could've made something that's a bit less weird, not mentioning the repulsive face with human teeth.

Took my 5 minutes. Wasn't that hard.

Attached: file.png (460x460, 183K)

I know this is a joke, but I don't get it.

imagine being this new

Every autist

Is a little boy in furry pyjamas really how you'd imagine Sonic?

fag

Is there any videogame movie adaptation that hasn't sucked?

Uwe Boll has unironically never made a bad vidya movie

We did it user. We have our own Sanic The Hedgeheg movie

Why did they make him into an uncanny valley abomination instead of making him look closer to the games?

Attached: sonic movie fixed.png (890x797, 662K)

Because Sega hates Sonic fans

Ace Attorney.

NINTENDO

Screencap this
Chris Chan is going to do a mass shooting at the film's premiere.

I don't get it

>rather than just CG superimposing the same old modern Sonic from the games that's been done to death.
Different doesn't automatically make it better, and this is a movie, nobody would be bothered if they used the designs from the games because the last Sonic movie was 2 decades ago. That's a really bad defense you got there.

Bet bro

to trigger the spergs and make chris chan kill himself

comparison.

Attached: 1556668227996.jpg (737x1153, 82K)

Right looks just as shit.

>why didn't dey stick cartoon in live action movie?

He looks too shiny

That's like saying people were already bored of Iron Man by the time the first movie came out in 2008 because he already had nearly 50 years of comic books.

Because it looks a million times better and doesn't make viewers want to gouge their eyes out? Roger Rabbit did it and everyone loves that movie. What's wrong with you?

Out of all possible choices, they decided to go with a midget in a fursuit.
Actually, you know what, they know their fanbase PERFECTLY.

>Because it looks a million times better
no it just looks lazy and even more out of place.

>Roger Rabbit did it and everyone loves that movie
anyone who uses this comparison is a retard and probably didn't even actually watch Roger Rabbit.

>the shitty low budget woody woodpecker movie did a better job with its character than the big Sonic movie

Attached: big_1513270429_image.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

I like left better. It’s surreal and almost horrific. It adds a whole new layer to the autism that raises it to kino levels rather than fanservice levels.

This movie might just be autism incarnate.

took me 30 seconds before I saw it. Bravo!!!

And on my birthday no less. Good thing I long outgrew this franchise or I'd be a little miffed.

>no it just looks lazy and even more out of place.
Out of place is not an argument, especially when the "out of place" looks a million times better. Why the fuck are you defending this?
>anyone who uses this comparison is a retard and probably didn't even actually watch Roger Rabbit.
Let me guess, you think it doesn't count because the plot of the movie was about cartoons colliding with the real world? Even though that's completely besides the point and it's proof that your "out of place" nonsense isn't a valid argument since what matters is the fact that this formula was shown to work?

why did they make a sonic movie?

people here just love being a contrarian

Op post is a much better design. The legs and overal proportions were the biggest problems and he fixed it.

The fur, color pallete and sneakers were already pretty good

>Out of place is not an argument
When we're talking about a movie that's supposed to be immersive it is.

>especially when the "out of place" looks a million times better
but it doesn't.

>Even though that's completely besides the point
Context is never completely besides the point.

>When we're talking about a movie that's supposed to be immersive it is.
Complete horseshit, Roger Rabbit is a trillion times more immersive than any piece of media with that mentally scarring cgi abomination of a hedgehog can ever hope to be because people are too busy being disturbed just by looking at it to get anything worthwhile out of it.
>but it doesn't.
What's wrong with your brain? How the fuck can you defend this? WHY are you defending this?
>Context is never completely besides the point.
Yes it fucking is. Do you honestly think people would suddenly stop liking the movie if the "context" wasn't about the cartoon world existing and instead had some other excuse as to why those characters exist, like some potion or machine that turns creatures and objects into living cartoons? Admittedly I can't say it would have the same charm but it's a hell of a lot more charming than making as creepy as the Sonic movie. Even though the Sonic movie plot is also about an alien creature appearing on earth so it's perfectly justifiable (not that people would give a shit about scientific explanations in a SONIC MOVIE) and more importantly the public reaction has shown that people would be much more comfortable with it?

Like it's baffling how you think that the version that's been shown to horrify everyone is better than the version that people are actually liking. What bizarro world do you come from?

I like Sonic's game design, but in a live-action movie I would like to see Sonic adapted to that environment. Something just feels lame and uninspired about having a movie that's essentially just pic related; as if they simply shot the movie to feel like, say, a Jim Carrey movie (to the the same degree was Looney Tunes: Back in Action was a "Brendan Fraser movie") and then pasted Sonic in post like a special effect.
I agree that they went overboard with some details and made him look grotesque; I said as much in my original post. However, doing him in realistic 3D CG, giving him animal textures, muscles and tendons makes it seem as though Sonic is a legitimate part of the world as opposed to some sort of tulpa, elf or fairy, so I agree with the direction.

I think people who just want to see nothing but cartoon-game-Sonic, with perhaps a realistic texture, and claim that mock ups such as are "done right" are being silly. I would be disappointed if Sonic had been done this way.

Attached: 159.gif (500x281, 983K)

I cannot believe people are delusional enough to start defending this design. I feel like if they had just one person on the design team that was even a casual Sonic fan the design would have turned out drastically different. It's like they got together a group of people that had never heard of Sonic before to make the movie design on purpose. Fucking imagine if detective pikachu looked like some mutant little midget in a rat fursuit.

SONIC'S ARMS
ARE NOT
B L U E
L
U
E

could someone with Photoshop skills please make detective pikachu in the live action sonic style

>if Paramount were making Detective Pikachu

Attached: KILL ME.jpg (1920x1440, 212K)

You complete fagfiend, shut the fuck up please

Attached: 1552976949159.jpg (255x220, 7K)

Needs human teeth/lips

Left is giving me cat in the hat vibes. Almost looks like a kid in a fursuit.

CWC does