ARYA IS NOT A MARY SUE!!!!!

DEBATE ME!!!!!!

Attached: anger.jpg (644x500, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cGh3s0lPxCQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

makemeasammich chop chop

Arya? Who? What? A...Arya? N-nigger?

>Outsmarts one of, if not the, smartest characters in the show (Littlefinger)
>Outduels one of the strongest fighters in the show (Brianna) who has decades of fighting experience on Arya
>Sneaks up on and kills the Nightking who has superhuman levels of perception

Ok

I have never read a post saying she is.
Everybody just agrees her killing the NK was dumb as fuck and ruined the episode.

>dies after killing 2 wights
doesn't seem like a sue to me
youtu.be/cGh3s0lPxCQ

she's not, the whole argument is a straw man (or womyn in this case).

nothing to debate you on. she clearly isn't a Mary Sue. she is, however, written as an obnoxious cunt that is overly sure of herself. last episode actually made me warm up to her a little more again, since she actually faced some obstacles during the battle for Winterfell.

I am, see

She wasn't. For SIX seasons. She wasn't.

She actually goes through an arc. She finds her way to Braavos. She trains. She fights the waif.

Then she has to make a choice. Between Duty (to the Faceless God) which would give her everything she needs to exact her revenge or Honor (her Stark heritage).

The Catch 22 was excellent. Would she give up on who Arya Stark is and become "no one"? Or would she lose what she has earned all to keep her identity as a Stark.

And Arya said, "I'm a Stark" but then *kept* all the gifts she had. With no consequences. With no repercussions.

That *specific moment* she became a Mary Sue. Because she had everything going *right* for her with no real conflict, struggle, or dilemma.

Shes not a mary sue, just the worst most cringy character of the past two seasons who had this big moment soley to subvert expectations

She's a "Black Hole Sue":

Her gravity is so great, she draws all the attention and causes other characters (and, often, reality itself) to bend and contort in order to accommodate her. Characters don't act naturally around her. They instead serve as plot enablers for her, with dialogue that only acts as set-ups for her response. She dominates every scene she is in, with most scenes without her serving only to give the characters a chance to "talk freely" about her. Most people don't oppose her and anybody who does will either realise their fault in doing so or just prove easy to overcome.

The very laws of the universe bend to accommodate her. If there's only one in a million chance she could succeed at something, she'll accomplish it with flying colours. If the logical outcome of the story would end in her failure, a Deus ex Machina will ensure her victory. Nothing is too implausible for her to accomplish, whether it be going from Rags to Royalty, killing an Eldritch Abomination, or bringing about world peace.

And killing the Night King is the icing on the cake. even if she had some sort of training, everyone in the show has. Isn't the King like an unbeatable guy? Why was he surprised by such a ridiculous move?

Arya wasn’t a Mary Sue in the first 4 seasons, but they did completely turn her in to one after the show got off the books.

she isnt a mary sue she studied the blade, knows the guy who made google maps and can find you in half the time it took me to write this sentence

Attached: 23590762.jpg (450x450, 6K)

Instead of debating you, let me ask you a question: What is stopping Arya from going south next episode, and assassinating Euron and Cersei? Maybe the mountain and Qyburn too just for good measure. Bronn as well, and the leader of The Golden Company. And any prominent Lannister relative or bannerman who might continue the fight. What could possibly stop her magic god ninja power from killing them all?
Do you understand why some people may have problems with the state of her character now?

Attached: 1546389285855.jpg (699x761, 232K)

Not OP, but faceless men are extremely overpowered anyway. With abilities like that most politics and scheming wouldn't even matter.
It's something terribly unbalanced and shows how magic just doesn't fit in a "normal" world.

>Ribbit Spacing

Attached: 1545328403078.png (399x382, 89K)

She's not. She's worked for her victories.

Yes, she is

Attached: Teleport_Scroll.png (560x800, 169K)

Even Maisie expressed her worries about this "undeserved kill". Everyone knows what's going on, they're pushing the agenda at the expense of the actress herself. She doesn't want to be the next Daisy Ridley but the writers still went for it.

They aren't overpowered, because the Faceless Men live by a strict religious code and only kill people who their god tells them to kill. Arya doesn't live by this code and just whatever she likes, so there is no reason she can't kill Cersei other than the plot won't let her.

you can't really turn a non-Mary Sue into a Mary Sue. the concept has to be present from the get-go.

the key part of a Mary Sue is the absoluteness: they NEVER make mistakes, have NO training, and are ALWAYS the center of attention.

there are more than enough of the above: if you weaken the concept you're going to end up having to call characters like Conan, the Man With No Name, James Bond etc Mary Sues.

Shes about to get her super power, idiot diaper-baby trump lover. Marvel/G.O.T. crossover movie is coming soon.

>you can't really turn a non-Mary Sue into a Mary Sue. the concept has to be present from the get-go.
FACT!

Attached: ajljw8gt9ga11.jpg (680x502, 43K)

I kindly ask you to address this She’s a Mary Sue

I agree that the face-stealing ability is a bit broken in a world where most magic is so niche that its viewed as pure superstition by most.
But the current state of Arya goes far, far beyond that particular trick.

She is pretty Mary Sue-ish now but not straight up, I mean obviously she wasn't always a Sue. They just turned her into one with a cheap "training" plotline they wasted so much time on just to justify this ridiculous shit a little girl is doing now ahahahaha. So stupid man. Where the fuck did she learn the 2 sided staff fighting? Or any of the shit she can somehow now do?

Just consider for a moment that Arya could literally conceivably kill Thanos.

Not a Mary Sue my ass.

*drops mic*

Attached: GOT Yikes 13.jpg (982x257, 135K)

she could teleport to him and stab him undetected, but i would imagine a single stab couldnt kill him. it couldnt even kill her. the only way she beat the NK is because the undead apparently havent even thought of the fact that valyrian steel or dragon glass is a thing or heaven forbid they wear armor to avoid getting 1 shotted

i see what you are trying to do, but its not funny.

The fact that it’s even debatable though it’s ridiculous. NOBODY else in GoT’s universe would even be able to touch Thanos, but Arya might actually be able to kill the guy.

There’s a strong hint that you can never achieve faceless men power unless you follow their path/teaching and give up your sense of individuality completely and commit to their god.
Arya’s whole arc plus her current “power” just throw that out of the window. It never even suggest that faceless men are good “fighters”. They simply manage to kill people in mysterious and efficient ways. It doesn’t seem like Arya even finish her training nor even get through the initiation process of Faceless Men. It’s just dumb

>
>writers actually implied that if Arya didn't get concussed, she would have easily carried the battle of Winterfell with her full unhampered combat prowess and assassinated the Night King earlier.

Attached: sanic309809.png (506x460, 402K)

What if her god told her to kill the Night's King through Melisandre. It would make sense that the Many Faced God and the Lord of Light would make an enemy of the Night's King for if he were to succeed, there would be no reason for them to exist/ no life to preside over.

Nothing in the show suggest this. I dount we will never go back to arya and her deal with the faceless men and their god. You have to accept that they serve as cheap plot device to give arya a power up. Ask yourself this question. Did arya change any bit as a character before and after her arc in Braavos beside being extremely capable in conventional combat plus disguise skill? They throw the mystique of the faceless men and their god for this.

By the original definition - being a flawless original character in a fanfic who is completely unrealistic and always portrayed in the right - she is not.
By the current colloquialism of a character succeeding and being generally perfect, not really.
She is just a main character in a shitty show. She has plot armor and agency. Everything else is just a problem of suspension of disbelief.

Arya fit that definition for 3 seasons already