Night King is D&Ds creation

Reminder that the Night King is 100% show's creation and therefore if the books will ever get released we will get a much better story. Also Arya won't kill him because there is no him.

In the books, the night's king is an old legend about a man who married a dead woman.

Also reminder that the obese man hates big bads and will never write a blue evil Voldemort that the good guys have to kill just because. He does not have to please the normys.

Attached: night-king.png (480x240, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cGh3s0lPxCQ
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm sure incels will still find something to be mad about

when you realize the ONLY reason the night king was created so dumb and dumber can have an instant killswitch for the whole army of dead
BRAVA
BRAVISSIMA

>Also reminder that the obese man... will never write
Correct

Well if it's 100% their creation I have to give them props because he had such a cool mystic vibe and stole every scene he was in, at least for me.

I watched hundreds of theories about him. But they were all wrong, he was just a fag

Attached: PLEUR.jpg (700x700, 68K)

Also everyone eventually understands how retarded The Long Night episode was and that D&D sharted in their face with the Wgite Walkers eventually being about nothing.

The Imdb score has dropped from 9.7 in monday to 9.0 today. It will probably keep falling. The initial high score was due to retards giving it 10s because muh cool battle and unexpected twist.

>I watched hundreds of theories about him
Imagine how the youtubers and bloggers who spent hours and hours of their time into research and video editing just to get BTFO by D&D.

There was never anything.

Attached: 1555527801329.jpg (1023x1024, 146K)

Attached: grrm hates the show.jpg (1942x992, 523K)

Here's a funny thing. They saved all the backstory of the Walkers for the spin-off show "The Long Night".

The Long Night was just recently cancelled. So you're not getting shit all.

he was said to be in excellent health just couple months ago, I don't think he will die yet, he can definitely see 2030.

jesus fuck... They were my favorite part, aside from Littlefinger

Wrong, The Long Night is still alive.
Bryan Cogman's spinoff was canceled, that didnt have a name yet.

I hate them so much. the first five books have enough material for them to make at least 10 seasons of it and people all over the world would watch it. by season 10 the fat man would prolly release winds of winter and they could keep going frrom there.

Are the books worth reading?

Wasn't Cogman doing the long night?

Funny how the one bookfag got his project cancelled kek

Yeah I think so. You'll appreciate the books even more after watching the trainwreck show.

>if the books ever get released

Attached: 1555986960216.jpg (960x960, 64K)

Nah, the Long Night pilot is written by Jane Goldman.

>stabbing the nk with dragonglass didnt power him up

Attached: 34534.png (300x300, 42K)

The actors were getting pissy because they are tired of the show and they now think they're hot shit so they want to do movies not TV shows.

>he had such a cool mystic vibe and stole every scene he was in, at least for me.
Same

>if the books will ever get released

Blahhahahahaha!!!!!

There is not a more hopelessly pathetic fandom than bookfags. And I'm including DCfags. Seriously, GOT BoNers (book nerds) are the saddest sacks of shit I've ever had the displeasure of meeting irl. You wasted your life on those books and ow that the show is officially canon, you're suicidal. Just do it. Kys. Cause you ain't getting another fucking book, fag.

Attached: stopiticantbreathe-youre-killing-me-com-17892955.png (500x356, 96K)

>valyrian dragon couldn't kill NK
>valyrian steel could

Attached: 1315693699692.gif (241x187, 2.98M)

Looked it up and the cast looks like shit. Going to flop.

Attached: prequel got.png (750x912, 502K)

>woman
>Hebrew

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!

>excellent health
kek at american doctors
he's old and mega obese
he could have a fatal heart attack or stroke any moment

>the west vs Isis isn't good vs evil
>T. the modern Tolkien

So basically we ended up with a villain that didn't have its back story explained because muh prequel.

This reminds me of the cancerous shit in the MCU where nothing is ever resolved because they have to keep the money making machine going on forever.

Very. Although I listened to the audio books over my night runs

The Great Other.

if you'd ever read the fat man's literature kino, you wouln't lose hope either because they are just so fucking good.

Attached: 1556325588873.jpg (1343x1159, 1.74M)

ASOIAF has ISIS-equivalents aswell. They have that gang of mercenaries that go around raping and eating people. I think George's point is that it rarely becomes as easy as fantasy where the evil monsters are on one side and the good mankind is on the other.

That's not what a killswitch is.

Arya is an avatar of the God of Death, NK is an abomination and an affront to the God of Death.
Face it, Arya was a dual class cleric/rogue that's why she was able to kill the lich.

I think we wouldn't have been bothered if they would have only give us some hints about his origin, that's all I wanted from the Battle of Winterfell... The Night King having some depth...They showed us how he was looking at John and could have killed him but didn't in the Suicide Squad episode...

The thing is no one will care about the books if they ever get finished. This series, book and show, is tainted. It's like trying to enjoy the original Star Wars trilogy only to have the festering hatred of the sequels linger in the back tainting a pure form of cinema.

Don’t care. Won’t watch.

why would he feel the need to make that point if he's created the exact same scenario though?

do you think D&D unironically believe that what they are doing is beautiful and epic? That what they do is good television?

Attached: 1555876770787.png (511x428, 252K)

>and therefore if the books will ever get released we will get a much better story
cope harder bookfaggot. This is the shit you will get except wth more detailed food/rape descriptions and sarcastic quip type dialogue

Bro, the only people that give them some backlash are on Yea Forums. Reddit & Youtube are sucking their dicks rn (there are some exceptions on youtube)

>niggers and imbreds

This show should unironically have ended with the dead devouring everyone in Westeros simply because they were doing stupid political infighting instead of uniting, making it a cautionary tale against retarded human greed and power hunger, but then again... It's a show about magical invading undead and faceless assassins. What are the chances the people who need it the most would even get it? Plus what effect does a TV show ever have? Avatar was basically Ferngully and it's not like people did anything with it but fap to the blue waifu.

>Arya is an avatar of the God of Death
I know you are trolling but they kept repeating that the NK and his army are literally death itself.

I would prefer anything than wasting the threat of the white walkers (which they've been hyping up since LITERALLY THE FUCKING FIRST SECONDS OF THE SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!) the way they did

user you are coping and thinking too much. You are trying to make it so that it somehow makes sense and that it isn't stupid hack writing. let go.

Even if he dies tomorrow we will still get the next book because it's mostly done already and if not a early draft and a shitton of notes exist and someone else will finish it. There's still Melinda and that other superfan of grrm.

Nah, read The Stormlight Archive instead if you want real Fantasykino. The author also won't make you wait 28 years for the next book.

No, you can see them getting more and more despondent with every every after show segment

Just have sex lol

I’m trying to start a discussion about this in my thread people are ignoring.

Attached: 6D707767-96C5-4CB5-A98F-08ECC4D89937.jpg (1080x719, 83K)

>it's mostly done

No coping it makes perfect sense.

cringe, nk looks like vitalikk buterkin here

I think his point is generally that conflict is more nuanced than just white vs black. There are black and white conflicts in ASOIAF aswell but they are often made complicated somehow. The show has become good guys on one side against the bad guys on the other. It's so simplistic and easy compared to the books. It's like the narrative went from ASOIAF to LOTR. They also likened Long Night to Helm's Deep. Which to me is telling how much they've distanced themselves from ASOIAF to please mass audiences and themselves.

Attached: GRRM-theshow.jpg (2048x768, 358K)

The walkers dying at Winterfell will happen though. GRRM loves the Scouring of the Shire and will try to emulate that by having a smaller threat be the final baddie

Reminder that in May 2015 George said that TWOW was a few months away and intended to meet the 2015 deadline

Reminder that it's May 2019 now

If you watch the after episode talks, you suddenly realize that the DABID meme is not a joke but, in fact, 100% real.

>According to legend, Night's King lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete. He was a fearless warrior named the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Later, he fell in love with a woman "with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars". He chased her and loved her though "her skin was cold as ice", and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well. Night's King brought her back to the Nightfort and after the unholy union, he declared himself king and her his queen, and ruled the Nightfort as his own castle for thirteen years.

>During the dark years of his reign, horrific atrocities were committed, of which tales are still told in the north. It was not until Brandon the Breaker, the King of Winter, and Joramun, the King-Beyond-the-Wall, joined forces that Night's King was brought down and the Night's Watch freed. After his fall, when it was discovered that Night's King had been making sacrifices to the Others, all records of him were destroyed and his very name was forbidden and forgotten. It is likely this led the lords of the north to forbid the Night's Watch to construct walls at their keeps, ensuring the keeps would always be accessible from the south.

>Maesters are skeptical of the legend, thinking the Night's King's corpse queen was possibly a daughter of a Barrow King from the barrowlands. Some fan theories link her with the Others because of her description.

Attached: NightsKing.jpg (950x1365, 199K)

Would have been pretty funny if Robb raped her

I love watching these utter hacks bullshit their way through interviews. Dabid implies Bran can see the future and everything is deterministic and he doesn't even realize just what a retarded statement that is.

>it's mostly done already
>this level of Stockholm syndrome

>The warriors of the one true god vs a bunch of degenerates
Yes, this one is clear.

>... in the books he is a legendary figure, akin to Lann the Clever and Brandon the Builder, and no more likely to have survived to the present day than they have.

quote by the obese man

>the Long Night lasted under two hours
>the apocalypse was just an inconsequential sidestory
>"muh Arya foreshadowing because Melly said we'd meet again or something" defense from people who speedwatched every other episode from every other season and don't remember shit like pic related

Attached: 1556656831436.jpg (1200x630, 89K)

>He chased her and loved her though "her skin was cold as ice", and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well.
Absolute Chad. Why is everything in the books so much better?

>and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well.
grrm does know women

Attached: a22.png (634x697, 115K)

What could have been

It's also funny they changed their own prophecy. DnD had one fucking prophecy to go on and even that had to be retconned.

Melisandre says green eyes before blue eyes. So Arya should've already killed Cersei. But also she has already killed blue and green eyed people so what the fuck does it matter? Why is it specifically them? And not even in order. This prophecy sucks.

why does this make me seethe so hard

>yet more blackwashing.
Despite all the memeing I was actually enthusiastic about more GoT material.

Attached: tiresome.png (1022x731, 643K)

>Melly: People die if they are killed
>*BRRRRRRRRRRRAP*

>More white walker shit
Literally no one watches this show for that.

I loved the white walkers, don't tell me that they are not interesting

disagree. D&D have pleb tier imagination, who the hell lets them make a FANTASY series.

>we never got to see ice spiders

Attached: ice spiders.jpg (1189x1343, 207K)

multiple definitions of killswitch exist and you can easily tell by context what he meant, don't be a reddit contrarian.

First off, there are no niggers in Westeros. Second, what the fuck is the point of giving a White Walker backstory when they've already proven to be utterly useless drones? Not to mention we already had the backstory in the show and saw how the Night King was created.

They should have done Dance of Dragons, but I have no plans to watch it either way. The show is complete fanfiction and GRRM seems to think so himself.

real world good vs evil conflicts are literally white vs non-white though.

Dance of Dragons could've worked but the CGI for dragons probably scared them. Not to mention that uncle that was fucking his 9 year old niece.

>D&D have pleb tier imagination
The only imagination D&D seem to have is subverting expectations and delivering fanservice. All done in an extremely cheesy-like Hollywood style. They do not understand what makes the books so good, they just think that shocking moments=good shit.

> Darkest hour

yeah, no joke.

You can atleast agree with me that the conflicts GRRM portray are a thousand times more interesting than the predictable, trite and pandering "conflicts" in the series. Maybe because

actually, after the episode D&D talked about stuff and they said they only decided that Arya will kill the NK 3 years ago. So the Melisandre prophecy is just a lucky retcon.
They literally said that Jon doing it would have been boring. Fucking hacks.

men in muslim countries routinely rape children and animals, both male and female. There's no culture or country in existence that isn't ''degenerate''

If you listen to Melisandre's prophecy, it sounds more like Arya will take on multiple eyes than her shutting those eyes. Also the order is all wrong with green coming before blue but they retconned that.

>love white walkers
Literal jobbers and all scary factor is over

actually in the books there are 3 niggers who are not your regular brown kangs but literal black as coal kangs.

there's the refugee prince from the summer islands who is in king robert's and later joffrey's court. and then there's the ebony whore Chataya and her daughter Alayaya who help Tyrion hide his whore Shae from Cercei. They are also from Summer Islands.

Attached: Chataya_and_Alayaya.jpg (300x462, 81K)

They aren't. If you want zombies, go watch the walking dead or resident evil or some other shitty zombie series.

>They literally said that Jon doing it would have been boring. Fucking hacks.
They only wanted to adapt the books because they thought the Red Wedding was shocking, ignoring everything else that made it so good. It was not shock just for the sake of it, it had its ramifications, it allowed the story to progress and it came natural. By natural I mean that it didn't happen for no reason. Robb made mistakes and just as in real life - he paid for them.

In the show, you have Cersei killing the most powerful nobles and her supporters, as well as the Pope. And she sits on the throne... because? Fucking Robb died and lost the war because he killed one of his lords for ignoring his orders and breaking his marriage deal with Frey. There is nothing of that in the show anymore. All the logic was thrown out of the window the moment Dumb and Dumber took full helm.

The White Walkers themselves are not zombies.

GOD WAS NEVER ON YORU SIDE

Oh 100%, I enjoyed the first two seasons, but after that I fell off, picked up the books instead and had a much better time.

It's not degenerate if you do it in the name of god.

That was the point of them, are they just dumb drones ? Or is there something more ?

But it was subverted and everyone is talking about it. They did the job well. Keeping hype and buzz going while putting in minimal effort. Bravo

these. Shock is the only thing the show is about. if you listen to normys talk about it all you hear is
>OMG the show is so good you never know when your favourite character is going to die!!1!
When killing characters became less unexpected they started to do outright retarded shit like jaime raping cercei and ramsay raping sansa and melisandre burning shireen. D&D are a disgrace.

I can't disagree with this. It's obviously working for them. Same as capeshit - people watch it for reasons I simply cannot comprehend.

based

reddit show

They are drones with no motivation or deep backstory

we live in a reddit society, everything is reddit.
I am reddit
(you) are reddit
we all are
reddit

Attached: asfadsf.jpg (1024x576, 95K)

>with no motivation
HOLD ON THERE. Hold on. That's not true. They want to kill all of humanity for some reason. Also the Night King seemed to have a special boner for Bran

Zombies also want to kill people for some reason.

>>we never got to see ice spiders
and ((D&d)) wasted millions on a polar bear last season during the expedition beyond the wall with the king in the north himself and his team of faithful companions...

Attached: 4a9d-750-563.jpg (750x563, 65K)

who do you think was their first choice?

That spider concept is fucking cool, t b h.

Bronn

Hotpie. Imagine the subverted expectations.

And they cut Victarion. Fucking homos

Attached: victarion-greyjoy-house-greyjoy-deviantart-daenery-iron-throne-5b2d80493fc114.3660508115297086172612 (1379x921, 1.44M)

After the big white walker disappointment is anyone even remotely interested in the final 3 episodes? There isn't any hope left that they will be good.

Attached: nostalgia.jpg (825x524, 65K)

youtu.be/cGh3s0lPxCQ

How the night king/great other will win the war for the dawn

I don't think people will watch this. People only like GOT for the fat man's characters, the world itself is fairly rote fantasy.

They basically cut Euron as well and replaced him with their own OC who happens to share his name.

>In the books, the night's king is an old legend about a man who married a dead woman.
it never ceases to amaze me what lengths incels will go for some pussy that can't say no to them.

Aiden Gillen, Nikolaj, Sean Benn, the guy who played Robert were the reasons why S1 was such a beauty, I don't think the prequel's actors are of the same calibers tbqh

kek
at least he gave his seed to her

They committed a huge mistake by concentrating so much effort on the Martells and few to none on Euron.

>tfw got a bitch tear when Bran told him he was a good man
That was the redemption he wanted, from one of the people he wanted to hear it from the most.
He died correcting his mistakes, redeeming his past, as a Stark (formerly Greyjoy) in Winterfell, his home.
Incredible that such a kino moment could be found in this shitpile of an episode.

Nothing Theon did mattered since Bran implies it's all deterministic anyways.

>Nothing Theon did mattered
It mattered to him.
And fuck that cripple british goblin, can't believe there was a time when I wanted to suck him off.

I can tell you right now GRRM has not written shit.

He is at this moment sitting in front of a blinking cursor with the words "WINDS OF WINTER" at the top of a blank word doc.

Book Arya kills every WW General in the Books, just you wait

There's no White Walkers in the books, just Others.
They don't have a hierarchy as far as we know.

WE DIDNT EVEN GET THE ZOMBIE POLAR BEAR MAN

Where were all the zombie mammoths or direwolves or bears
why did the undead only have one zombie giant

White Walkers are the Others.

Literally everyone on asoiaf and freefolks have been bashing the show for 4 seasons.

inb4 redditfag

Because they only had 1 girl to kill it.

>Night King is D&Ds creation

I hope to god you are right.

not kino at all
it's a classic redemption story
it's cliched and dumb and quite boring, and in the current context complete fucking fan service
the same applies to jorah's death

Incorrect.

Implying that at least the penultimate novel isn't ready, yet and HBO isn't paying him shekels to withhold publication, because the two canon diverged so hard taht they fear confusing the normies and fear unfavorable comparisons during the run.

>dude classic storylines are bad
>TWISTS and TURNS are what makes good writing!!!

Attached: soyboy.jpg (708x800, 64K)

only if the last 2 ever come out

there were 6 years between feast and dance with no game of thrones contract for most of that time, he's just a lazy slow fatass.

>defending shit writing by jumping to absolutely retarded conclusions
wew

Look at that redhead. Jesus.

what a shit tier cast. I hope it gets canned too

>blacks in Westeros

>blacks are clearly from the summer isles in this universe

Garbage anything more than some
Foreign traders in dorne and Kings landing/the free city ports is totally wrong in this setting

>wasted my life

Nigger it’s 5000 pages it took me a few months to read them all casually

They literally don't give a shit anymore. That's why they're rushing everything. They got their status and millions, so now they're just trolling bookfags for shits and giggles

Attached: 1556593449503.jpg (1920x7560, 1.12M)

reminder it was ALWAYS shit. we should have gotten the walkers running over westeros like 2 seasons ago. then we should have gotten a full season of survivors trying to fight for the dawn in the post-apocalyptic barren ice wastelands. it was always shit, this was just the final stage of disappointment. and in 10 years no one south of winterfell will believe any of the shit seen in the last episode, it's going to grow into another silly myth.

Attached: 1548165000353.jpg (312x312, 26K)

>classic
>cliched
Are not negatives.
>dumb
>boring
Are opinions.

You speak like a basedboy that would love this show.

>tfw you're a dyslexic adhd faggot and it takes you forever to read 300 pages

Attached: 1556506815472.jpg (857x484, 68K)

Something like 10 chapters have already been publicly released over the years. He's taking his time, but he's definitely been writing it.

american rating is 9.3
non-usa users rate it 8.9

expand plz ?

females rating is 9.5
male rating is 8.9

Not dyslexic but attention span is like 20s.
Sometimes I have to read the same sentence 3-5 times because my brain drifts off midway.

That's not short attention span user: You're retarded

im a slow reader and i read about 45-50 pages an hour and you can get that to 60-65 easily. so about 100 dies (3.5 months) for 5000 pages with an hour a day of reading, let's say 4 months.

Realistically, it's the sunken cost fallacy alongside the inability to discern quality on the minute level that's keeping people attracted at this point instead of the story. The show was great when it adapted the books perfectly, which it did in the first few seasons, but by the time it went to shit it had already grown big enough that it didn't matter. It's now just more product for consumption, and so quality standards have changed radically. It's not about telling a good story anymore, it's about putting on a fancy show and pretending to tell a story while straying from the basic themes behind the books in favor of subverting expectations, pandering with fanservice, and generally relying upon the engine of mass media to peddle moderate-quality shit to an aggressively apathetic public.

Unless the show consistently dips below said standards, normies will continue to eat it up like good little piggies, and even anons here will still be watching "just to see how it ends."

Attached: disappoinment.gif (500x238, 996K)

so is he doing some 1930s throwback thing where he releases a full book in increments? And at that pace, how long until ADOS?

There is no way he’s ever finishing a dream of spring

>and even anons here will still be watching "just to see how it ends."
Those fucking cunts have taken 70 hours of my life and took a huge shit on it. But they won't snuff the last semblance of dignity I have left by having me watch 3 more episodes of this garbage.

This guy probably wipes his ass and smells the paper afterwards.

well you fat fuck...
in the end money was more important. sad

>americans are retarded
>females are retarded
Sasuga

Dilate

/got/ rating. This was the lowest rated episode from all of season 6 to 8. The 2nd lowest rated episode was "No One" from season 6, where Arya trained to be a Faceless Man.

Attached: GoT156-2.png (2940x1940, 187K)

how many times in the episode were main characters about to get hacked only to be saved by someone outisde the frame? i literally lost counting. and plebs call sapokikenik a good director.

Attached: 1487598545214.png (812x583, 736K)

>blacks in this setting
If they're not in Essos then they may as well not be there at all

Also there's no way this takes off, tv writers are too pussy to do half the shit that GRRM did with his characters, it'll be a generic fantasy shitfest as usual

He's basically a lame Darth Maul rip off.

>me on the left