I'm doing an horror themed movie session later this week and all i know and have is weeb horror...

I'm doing an horror themed movie session later this week and all i know and have is weeb horror. Nobody's gonna want to watch this with me. Please provide me some good, watchable western horror movies.

Attached: 1548344320632.jpg (842x792, 81K)

Smoke trees.

Attached: marutaro.jpg (600x600, 70K)

is this a movie or youre telling me to smoke literal trees

Jacob´s ladder

I think this movie is normie friendly now, so you won´t have any problem.

>Jacob´s ladder
if you're watching this with normies they're just gonna think its weird and boring. It's better to go with the safe bets, like Alien, Terminator and The Thing. Or you can do fun horror movies like Braindead or so bad its good with Troll 2. Nobody likes watching kino in a group, where you have to pay attention, and cant talk. So watch something fun instead. its a social event after all.

That's a sensible advice

I dont think theres anything wrong with putting more "heavier" stuff though, they actually pay attention, we leave the drinking for after the movies. Like last time we had Hausu (which is dumb and fun) and whispering corridors in the same session.

the house that jack built

thats not horror

tales from the hood

The Descent
/thread

Attached: consider.jpg (600x600, 32K)

if your friends want cheesy fun horror go with Phantasm or They Live or Return of the Living Dead, if so-bad-it's-good horror then Howling 2 & 3 or Roar or Lords of Salem. for older hidden gems there's Exorcist 3 and Cemetary Man, or modern ones The Void, Without Name, and Yellowbrickroad.

The Company of Wolves - it’s pure kino

very cute dogs in this movie

what kind of horror? there are horror flicks for many different moods, from the ring to the shining

The Ring wouldnt fit as i mentioned previously, they wouldnt want to watch oriental stuff this earlier, needs to build some comfort on them first

Basically western horror is fine. Zombies, ghosts, demons, serial killers, i just want it to be remotely scary and or entertaining. The idea of putting something "so bad its good" like trolls would amuse me but i dont think they would like it very much. They pay attention to the movies believe it or not, we leave the alcohol and goofing for later

The Wind
Aterrados
Marrowbone
Creep 1 and 2
The Ritual
The Endless
Savageland
The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Southbound

Have fun OP.
Horrorkino user out.

Attached: coffee zone.png (394x329, 100K)

you know theres an american version of the ring right retard?

What kind of horror are you thinking?

I really liked the Creep movies.

God Told Me To
The Stuff
Bad Taste

Event Horizon.

>suggesting the american version of the ring

why would you do such a thing?

Yeah i do. They all do too. And they dont like it (i think it sucks too) because its still based on an oriental horror story despite not having oriental actors

So yes, i know grudge, the eye, dark water, one missed call fuck pretty much every weeb horror movie from the past decades got english versions. They dont fit either.

checking some of these out thanks frens

Attached: 1429876465272.jpg (125x125, 3K)

The Blob remake from the 80s is suprisingly good.

>good, watchable western horror movies.
doesn't exist, horror isn't meant for film

It's okay to watch these films while you're starting to learn to watch adult cinema, but you NEED to understand that Yea Forums is a board of intillectuals, who have already watched all of those filmmakers' films. I myself have watched each one of your respective suggestions multiple times. You are plebs, and you will remain a pleb for a very long time, so as you develop as a filmwatcher--IF YOU CAN--I suggest you stop posting altogether and lurk, watching us, studying us to learn our ways in this cyber santuary.

Attached: 1440456112957.jpg (533x728, 35K)

Watch Dracula, Sovereign of the Damned WHILE drinking. It is an acid trip of a anime movie, where the Japanese are tasked to make a movie about American comics featuring a British literary character. It’s batshit insane. I wanna talk about it, but don’t want to spoil it it’s so fucking weird.

WolfCop is also pretty fun if you want weird and silly. Also things like The Stuff, Trick or Treat, 2001 Maniacs, and The Grabbers.

As for serious, try any of the following

>Late Phases (Werewolf)
>Rosemary’s Baby
>The Omen
>The Blob (1980 or original, your choice)
>The Fly (ditto)
>Either the Poe Cycle of Vincent Price films (avoid The Oblong Box and Tomb of Ligea, they are boring and bad), or the “revenge films.” (Phibes 1 & 2, Theater of Blood, Madhouse).
>Re-Animator
>Any of Carpenter’s Apocalypse Trilogy
>Carpenter’s The Fog
>Pumpkin-head
>Leprechaun

Otherwise just go with the flow, most of the horror classics are right on the surface, just waiting to be watched, and even more down below the surface.

I love this genre so much.

Attached: EC270738-3E59-4804-912C-7D48828153D1.jpg (572x303, 144K)

if you generally want to appreciate horror, and not just whatever the latest scary movie is, then the following are a safe best of the genre:

The Exorcist
The Shining
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Halloween
Night of the Living Dead.

The last good horror film was probably The Babadook.

>The last good horror film was probably The Babadook.

Attached: 1359552469877.jpg (630x526, 58K)

hereditary is better than babadurr

Re-Animator is fun

Critters 1 and 2 are kino
Evil Dead 2 is always a good choice
The Phantasm series (not including 5) is kino
Texas Chainsaw 1-3
From Dusk Till Dawn
House
Night of the Creeps
Bad Taste
Dead Alive
Maniac Cop 2