What went wrong - unsullied phalanx edition

what went wrong - unsullied phalanx edition

>The Unsullied are inspired by the lockstep legions of the Old Empire of Ghis, who were free men.[4] The Unsullied fight in formation as light infantry, equipped with short spears, swords, round shields, and distinctive spiked caps. They fight fearlessly and obey without question. Their elite, highly specialized training makes them most effective in their phalanx formation. They do not ride horses.

Attached: 1534582310874.png (545x340, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k1frgt0D_f4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

throw some ball and chains in their formation or slipper oil and say good bye to that formation.

One or two white walkers crawl under (which they do a lot) amd its done. They are essentially using human tactics against none humans.

Unsullied were some of the less retarded of the battle. They probably could’ve done better with a different formation like testudo, but they did their job RELATIVELY competently.

Unsullied are a meme, they can't fight for shit. They're just well-marketed

their should have bigger shields

For one, what the Unsullied showed in the episode was nowhere near a phalanx. It was literally a standard arms length formation.

At least the Boltons had interlocked shields.

hahaa just go poop a lot and they'll slip in it
checkmate grrm

yeah that's what I was going for
the writers can't even recall the one thing that the unsullied were known for
they just had they spread up all retard like

remind me how many dothraki the unsullied held off in that one battle again
wasn't it like 50k+ for days

>muh 3000 vs 20000
The retarded Dothraki horsefuckers decided to charge headfirst into a shield wall EIGHTEEN times in a row, and unsulliedfags haven't stopped going on about it since.

There must always be a night king

>Infected by the night king in vision
>dany sees a snowy throne room in house of the undying
>brans last act of service
>They place his crippled ass on the iron throne
>he encapsulates it in ice
>leave this place and never return

Attached: file.png (1280x715, 794K)

#
You are arguing with me even though I agree with you. I don't want to see it either, but it doesn't matter what we want. I didn't want Arya to end The Long Night, but D&D wanted to be shocking three years ago, so they dropped in shitty foreshadowing and retconned a conversation Melisandre had with Arya in season 3 to make it about Arya killing The Night King.

It doesn't make sense that there will be a conflict between Jon and Dany, but if and when it happens, D&D will point to shitty foreshadowing just like they did with Arya.

WHAT
WAS
THE
POINT
OF
BRAN'S
CHARACTER?

remember when /got/ shitposted about Bran being a timelord who pushed himself out the window, I miss those days

maybe place them on the other side of the trench so with there far reaching weapons they can stab WW as they crawl thru instead of being steamrolled by them

The one thing they got right in this episode

youtube.com/watch?v=k1frgt0D_f4

>implying dabid would actually follow prophecies
LMAO
>tfw Arthas trilogy never after that shitshow that was Warcraft

they have to have a call back to BURN THEM ALL
at least

TO SUBVERT YOUR EXPECTATIONS
I BET YOU THOUGHT ALL OF THE TIME SPENT ON HIM WAS GOING TO MEAN SOMETHING DIDN'T YOU

bait.

What made the white walkers the bad guys?

Attached: 59622930_866546993691423_577902418205868032_n.png (603x960, 364K)

1. Spill some nonsense about three-eyed ravens to establish the prequel series.
2. Go back north for SOME reason to establish the sequel series.

bran's mark will consume him once he gets to king's landing with the crew
the visions of king's landing in snow and the throne room in snow will come true
bran will be the big bad in the end
jon will kill dany to become azor ahai

people will be praising dnd as subversion gods in 3 weeks time

>testudo

Attached: TETSUOOO.png (640x344, 267K)

i want to believe you, truly i do
but i know you're wrong, and that's the saddest truth of it all.

Attached: nuhnowytends.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

I used to be a showfag like you. Then I took a subversion in the expectations.

Attached: 308860.jpg (210x295, 11K)

This is correct, but unfortunately it's still going to be rushed to the point where it will be disappointing anyway.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Arya had a few months of sword training and fought in the dark with a staff for a year. She earned her status as super assassin and master at arms. She is NOT a Mary Sue! Stop being a misogynist, incel.

I’ve never got the Dabid meme, why specifically dabid and not dan? Is it because Dan is the retard? Are they both? Is it because it’s easier to spell David the way a retard would say it?

right before i brought the dagger down he shouted
>WAIT! WAIT!
they don't write that part in the scripts, about how they all shit themselves. he coulda lingered on the edge of the battle with all the other smart white walkers. and today, his ice queen would be making him miserable, his wights would be ingrates, and he'd be waking up three times in the middle of winter to steal a baby
>WINE!

Attached: WAIT! WAIT!.jpg (1509x1080, 1.2M)

I'll go fucking buy the entire Game of Thrones box set if this shit comes true

You give them too much credit.

welcome friend
enjoy your short stay here while on tour

>if only
You just know that D&D just don’t know any better, the big bad will literally be Euron, the new ramsay

D&D isn't half as smart as this would need them be.

Attached: g_sAw.png (605x572, 44K)

to reveal Johnson Snow's true parentage.

The show is over. But Bobby B posting will never get old.

>no /got/ in title

Thanks for killing the thread, idiot. Next time make sure you do it right

I am also wondering about that. I was expecting there to be some twist at the end where the white walkers ended up being morally in the grey zone and just the evil guys. Like they served some purpose that wasn't just to kill everyone for no reason

You take things too literal

>throne room in snow
Can mean three things
It’s ashes not snow, it’s snow as in white walkers, it’s snow as in Jon snow taking the throne, either way in the vision she never touches the throne. She walks out beyond the wall and finds her family.

Based

>next episode
>big battle at kings landing
>hardly anyone left
>cersei sees bran
>haha time for you to finally die
>brans eyes hurt into blue fire
>he stands up out of his wheelchair
>raises his hands
>resurrects his army
>FOR THE NORTH!

Real /got thread here

Speaking of true parentage. Remember the time when Mel told Varys she brought ICE and FIRE together?

If the NK won, would he try to take over the world or only Westeros?

Why does everyone forget that Euron is the democratically elected leader of the Ironborn? I thought Americans cared about Democracy.

this keeps all the normies out
reddit comes here and searches for /got/ so we hide in peace

its not democracy if people vote wrong

Worst part about these threads is people posting screencaps of their shitty posts that nobody responded to and people like who had a rough day at McDonalds so they try to control people online

Yeah but he's a bad guy.

Attached: 15558504018190.png (578x566, 29K)

In the books, the first long night happened in the far East as well as North. But then the Nights King as leader of the White Walkers has been show-only.

Nights King exists in the Weirwood network
He is in the Land of Always Winter preventing people from seeing the truth of his origins his shameful act. Bran is to lay him to rest and prevent his return. Children had the walls built due to this even after his initial defeat

Predict what Preston will say tomorrow

I don't care that The Night King didn't have a motive beyond killing everything, because season six basically spelled it out that he was a weapon of mass destruction gone wrong. I wasn't even expecting to get the "he wants erase all memory of humanity" exposition we got this season.

I just want to know why the threat from the Others was built up as the true threat to Westeros only for it to not really matter in the end. Why end season 7 with it snowing in King's Landing and the Wall coming down? Winter came and went for Westeros in maybe in what? A few months? The Night King tore down the Wall, killed everybody in Last Hearth, and then died in Winterfell during the first big battle he fought.

Now, with 3 episodes left to fill, there will be a fight for the throne. Jon and Dany will split because conflict! and both "Mad Queens" will be put down. That's how D&D will handle GRRM's ending outline.

You haven't been paying attention. Bran is marked. The ending is going to be a free for all of sorts.

Most of her "training" involved selling oysters and mopping floors.

You know, I thought the idea for Confederate was kinda cool, but seeing as how D&D can't even handle a series that is one step above sword and sorcery schlock, there is literally no way they can actually handle something like alt-history. I guess I'll just have to stick to Southern Victory, no matter how utterly derivative Turtledove's writing is.

who the fuck is Euron?

Democratically elected king, that murdered the last king, and admitted to murdering said king

Attached: 1556663658515.png (830x666, 452K)

To talk about Sansa getting raped

Attached: 1501612785748.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

theon I must go
before I do
were you ever raped theon? can you tell me about what time in your life that was?

YO LITTLE GEORGIE I JUST PISSED AND SHIT ON THE BATTLEFIELD AND THE UNSULLIED STEPPED IN IT BET YOU FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN NOW HUH LITTLE GEORGIE

>game of Reddit
You have to go back

I'm pretty sure that Ramsey raped Theon a few times

Attached: honk.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

The usage of the word "phalanx" in classical greece was a generic word to describe any formation of men armed as heavy infantry. Ancient Greek authors had no trouble calling Persian, Assyrian, Macedonian, Roman, Egyptian, etc heavy infantry formations a phalanx. Same with the term "hoplite", it was a generic term for a warrior armed as heavy infantry. Has nothing to do with overlapping shields.

Daily reminder TWOW is already finished

Ed's dead fag

Anyone hope they go back to Meereen for the final episode?

Is this autism or Aspergers?

Real /got/ thread

yeah sam kisses him on his dead lips but ed is still slightly alive so they say goodbye

kill CIA without having to actually think of how to outsmart him