Was 300 a good representation of the greco-persian war? they made persians way too evil to my tastel

was 300 a good representation of the greco-persian war? they made persians way too evil to my tastel.

Attached: No-retreat-no-surrender.-That-is-Spartan-law.-And-by-Spartan-law-we-will-stand-and-fight...-and-die. (720x405, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty_in_ancient_Greece
archive.is/NCBaP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was a good representation of the graphic novel it's based off of.

>they made persians way too evil
Because they actually were evil, faggot. Read history.

No, but it's perfect for what it is:

Essentially an inspiring piece of war propaganda being told by a man with fantastic eloquence and rhetorical skill.

Yeah, it was. Especially the parts where they fought on a giant desert plateau on top of some cliffs, held off multuiple millions of soldiers for days, had to fight rhinos that were 3x the normal size, and had to fight a giant with blade arms

Wasn't the Iraq War still going on? I thought it was good fuel for getting people riled up against Muslims/Arabs in general.

it was told in the perspective of a spartan, to bolster the morale of his army, thats why they fight literal monsters, its told as a greek legend

Attached: 21751855_1484244611664710_2091370032391388091_n.jpg (480x464, 13K)

what he said . Faramir is telling the story to other Greeks, he obviously embellishes the facts a bit.

One of the greatest action movies that takes place during pre-gunpowder era ever made.

all that freedom thing is bullshit though.
even in Athens they had slaves.

it doesn't change the fact that greeks did lik to talk a lot about "freedom" all the time, they probably didn't consider slaves people thou.

universalism wasn't yet a meme like it is today. You could very well claim your city was based on freedom for your people and have slaves on the side.

>they made persians way too evil to my tastel
They took poorly trained slaves and made them walk into slaughter, in real life.

Ancient Greeks were just Based and Redpilled. "Freedom" didn't mean "lmao yolo", it was the chance to live a good, virtuous life according to certain rules, and even then it was for the worthy few. "Democracy" itself isn't that different than Aristocracy, but nowadays shitskins wanna make you believe Greeks wanted niggers to come and vote in their lands.

I still think this freedom speech is more of an american thing.
hell,you have a literall scene when the king has to ask for permision to go to war.

>was 300 a good representation of the greco-persian war?

a good representation of the propaganda that would have been shared by the greeks

this guy gets it

that has nothing to do with freedom of speech and more with consulting omens, which was a fairly common practice. Hell, even the romans tore out the guts of small animals to find out whether or not they should fight a battle.

Mh yes, the empire that outlawed slavery for the most part would definitely do such a thing.

this

and this. think about it: we're talking about something that happened 2500 years ago in a pop culture context. that's as close to the ideal of being immortal that the ancient greeks coveted so much as one can get.

>Ancient Greeks were just Based and Redpilled
They fucked young boys, though.

>no evidence that original canaanites did any homosex
>but the greeks did
hmmmmm......................

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty_in_ancient_Greece

No, the Persians weren't a rag-tag army of random ethnicities of people in small squads of either dudes in paper shields and no armor, or weird guys in robes throwing bombs (that didn't exist at the time) or giant elephants and rhinos. Nor were the Spartans superhuman murder machines.

The battle did actually happen though, and the Spartans did hold off the Persians for long enough to actually get a Greek army together to fight back, but they got crushed in the end anyway.

>Fuck boys in their asses. That is Spartan law.

>No, the Persians weren't a rag-tag army of random ethnicities of people in small squads of either dudes in paper shields and no armor
Don't lie to me.

Attached: Pon_EI.thumb.jpg (400x526, 35K)

>hey we are going to invade this far away land for shekels we need you subjugated people to fight for us ok
>no
>ok lol execution

>t. every invader in the history of mankind

Spartans weren't waxed oiled up hairless metrosexuals

Attached: full on homo snyder.jpg (1920x800, 345K)

No, Persians were typically seen as liberators by most of the people they conquered and were primarily peaceful if you yielded to them.
However, it's not supposed to be that, its just a story told by that one guy with the eye patch, he's likely glorifying it and making the Persians look as evil as possible by demonizing then.

just because you have a pet doesn't mean you would be okay with being put in a cage

>hell,you have a literall scene when the king has to ask for permision to go to war.

Attached: SpartanSocietyStructure.jpg (1000x637, 196K)

>A civilization that outlawed slavery are the villains, not the eugenically created soldier civilization protecting their hedonistic, slaveholding brethren.

Umm, yeah. That's a big yikes from me.

>somehow this makes persians the good guys

Attached: 1530269912951.gif (193x200, 2.2M)

Where can I find graphic first hand accounts of Greek homosexuality? Like from any philosopher or other writer of the era?

>reading comprehension

Attached: 1479744212307.png (586x578, 37K)

You can start with Plato relating how Socrates used to fuck Alcibiades in the ass.

it was good until they went videgames and dropped the phalanx for 1 on 1 mortal kombat fights against monsters and shite.

I mentally erased those sections tho, so it was good to me.

One of the best parts of Thermopylae, I felt, in Herodotus, was "molon labe". The movie made it sound like a typical action movie line, but it's in the original texts.

I was born in Greece and lived there as a child, when 300 released I was like 9 years old but was still allowed to watch this in the cinema because everyone had a patriotism hard-on for this movie. The ending scene is actually perfect for this since Greeks still hate everything east and south of them.

>since Greeks still hate everything east and south of them.
Nah, these days we're being prepped for niggerdick. I just hope we rise up before it's too late.

what about what's to the North of you

Attached: macedonia-map.gif (900x679, 89K)

It got the main shit right, Greek heavy infantry was superior to the Persian light infantry, but eventually buckled under superior numbers. The story is from the Greek perspective so of course they are the good guys. The real question is why in the fuck they ever made a prequel.

>the Persians weren't a rag-tag army of random ethnicities of people in small squads of either dudes in paper shields and no armor,

Yeah they basically were, at least most the army was crappy barely trained light infantry

>Spartans did hold off the Persians for long enough to actually get a Greek army together to fight back

No, the battle was of no strategic benefit to the Greeks, they were able to muster a counter attack regardless. If Sparta had held out for maybe a day longer Xerxes might have been forced to leave.

>got crushed in the end

Greece won the war, dumbass they won at Salamis, Platae, and Mycale. Persia's shitty light infantry was nothing compared to Greek heavy infantry.

kek, no it was jewish fantasy

>was 300 a good representation of the greco-persian war?
Only Americans can have such retarded thoughts.

You're not greeks tho, just like I'm not an American indian.

Real greeks were raped to death, there is no 100% pure greek phenotype any longer, greeks went extinct. You're all sons of Persian men, born from rape, just like us over here except by Spaniards instead.

>Real greeks were raped to death, there is no 100% pure greek phenotype any longer, greeks went extinct. You're all sons of Persian men, born from rape, just like us over here except by Spaniards instead.
Read and weep JIDF: archive.is/NCBaP

>When the researchers compared the DNA of modern Greeks to that of ancient Mycenaeans, they found a lot of genetic overlap. Modern Greeks share similar proportions of DNA from the same ancestral sources as Mycenaeans, although they have inherited a little less DNA from ancient Anatolian farmers and a bit more DNA from later migrations to Greece.
The continuity between the Mycenaeans and living people is “particularly striking given that the Aegean has been a crossroads of civilizations for thousands of years,” says co-author George Stamatoyannopoulos of the University of Washington in Seattle. This suggests that the major components of the Greeks’ ancestry were already in place in the Bronze Age, after the migration of the earliest farmers from Anatolia set the template for the genetic makeup of Greeks and, in fact, most Europeans. “The spread of farming populations was the decisive moment when the major elements of the Greek population were already provided,” says archaeologist Colin Renfrew of the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom, who was not involved in the work.

so much for the rape theory

I seriously hope you don't expect me to understand any of that gibberish shit you just quoted.

Persians were evil (Still are) but Spartans were no better. Both got decimated by based Rome.

based retard

Attached: dxl2ui5v2r611.jpg (900x900, 83K)

My old lady latin teacher was convinced that the persian wars, especially salamis, saved the western civilization from the east and consequently from islamisation. That was before 9/11.