The entire series was full of "subverting" character deaths and badly written bullshit "twists"

The entire series was full of "subverting" character deaths and badly written bullshit "twists".
You liked them all up to now because you are retarded.
You disliked this particular one because you are a misogynist.
Prove me wrong. You can't.

Attached: file.png (1264x711, 1.1M)

bait and saged

ITS TRUE ITS ALL TRUE I FELT EMASCULATED WHEN SHE KILLED THE NIGHT KING AAAAARGHH CURSE YOU FEMINISM.

>You liked them all up to now
citation needed

This kills the incel.

This bitch looks like Mr. Bubz

Attached: ios_large_1536671934_image.jpg (600x525, 48K)

>DUDE KILL THE MAIN CHARACTERS LMAO

Will someone please GRRM and D&D that you can't just write off out of the blue major plotline devices before their arc is climactically complete just for the sake of shock? That you simply shit on all you'd been built all along?

>INNNCEEEEEEELLLLSSSS

>wanting to see the white walkers actually fight, the long night last more than half a day, and important character interactions and deaths during the battle instead of a quick death for an antagonist that has beeen built up since episode one makes me a misogynist

WHAT? Are you telling me a show written by Jews and feminists is subversive and imprints political subversion into it's writing?
I don't believe it.

I'm starting to think it's just one dude making all these shitty bait posts and threads.

This is why I've always hated game of thrones.
But normies and retards in this board have been eating it up.
Now they're just crying because they are incels and Arya killing NK triggers them.

>You liked them all up to now
false, stopped reading here

no, that makes you a retard for thinking game of thrones could have a satisfying endgame, when the entire series has been about subverting expectations, bad writing, and the fat fuck hack writing himself out of corners by killing main characters

Wtf does anything have to do with misogyny? They flushed 7 seasons of buildup down the toilet without giving the main plot line since the first scene of ep 1 any real content.
WW are completely defeated on the first battle with 0 new information or plot development about them

The show subverts expectations because audiences expect a story that makes narrative sense. audiences also expect a story in a reliably moral OR amoral universe, not a show that switches tone between buddy-cop comedy sentimentality and a serbian film nihilistic edginess on a dime and without reason.

They have done this with every single plot in the series so why not the NK? You loved all the subverting, bullshit "surprise twists", and characters dying in the middle of their arcs before, so why not now?

I stopped watching Game of Thrones during Season 3 because of how boring they where making season 2, they began doing the "45 minutes of nothing, 15 minutes of something" formula The Walking Dead does and other hour long shows.

The minute I learned they where no longer going to follow the books, I stopped caring 100% full stop.

I don't have this girl because shes a girl, I dislike her character because shes a poor actress and to be honest had a revenge plot line set up perfectly but it was ruined.

The white walkers did nothing to her, I don't care, Jon was the one having the issues with them.

Forgot to add: its been like that since s01 and if you expected anything different that's your fault

> People concerned with social issues are okay with the big threat of the story, built up for the previous 7 seasons and 2 episodes is absolutely, immediately, irrevocably destroyed in a single battle? Really?

Ned's death had meaning because up to that point he was the "main" character.
Seeing him die the way he did cemented in the minds of viewers that death could happen to anyone, it didn't matter if they were a main character or not. If they put themselves into a shitty situation, they won't be able to just pull a sick sword move out of their ass and continue fighting to win the battle, they fucking die.
Arya literally did the same thing Theon just did and got killed for, yet she managed to survive and kill the NK. Why? What was stopping the NK from grabbing the knife out of her hand, just as he grabbed the spear out of Theon's, and plunging it into Arya's chest? Contrivance.

That honestly is the only possible explanation for all the hate. It was bullshit that the NK died so early, but there was literally nothing wrong with Arya being the one to do it.

I dont care that the NK died this episode or that marya sue killed him, I do care that the big threat of the entire series had 0 plot development or dialogue. we still dont know why he wanted to do anything

> series was full of "subverting" character deaths and badly written bullshit "twists".
that's is true post 4th season, when the series started to go non-canon from the books.
> You liked them all up to now because you are retarded.
> implying
I'm sorry user, but I'm not a woman
> You disliked this particular one because you are a misogynist.
I don't like it because I don't watch anime and dislike capeshit.
I can't expect nothing else but Marvel tier writing from the rest of the season now.

>just for the sake of shock
Ned's death was shocking because it threw the entire story world into chaos and it was like, "anything can happen now", and that's what the last 6 seasons have been about - Arya being the best example.

you gotta admit he's right though

> They have done this with every single plot in the series
could you name me four of such plot build wastes such as NK's arc?

>series was full of subverting
Having the same exact Fantasy character archetypes, interactions and deaths is considered subversion now? Brainlets.

Attached: zZz.png (500x333, 158K)

on what?

>The entire series was full of "subverting" character deaths and badly written bullshit "twists".

name them

Not true, I hated all their deaths (selmy, stannis, littlefinger)
THis is the biggest asspull though and effectively killed the series.

Ned's death was not pure shock value because it kicked off the premise that literally anyone can die at any time, the bad guys win half the time, and conflicts are not ever resolved easily.
If they stayed true to this thematic, Jon or Daenerys would be dead right now and the Night King would be fucking shit up in King's Landing right now.

fuck off, retard

no he fucking cant because hes talking out of his arsehole

Every twist had a purpose, foreshadowing, a link to key themes in the plot

the NK getting killed by a little girl has no such links tie-ins or anysuch purpose beyond fanservice

sage

White bois be seething

We don't like it because she is not an important character in the white walker plotline to be given such a role to kill its final boss. It's basic storytelling.

Because it's boring this time , I'm not shocked or surprised I'm just disappointed. It's the equivalent of gendalf bringing the eagles to the council of elrond and them flying and destroying the ring 4 hours later and everyone going home.
We don't get all the journey and precious moments between Sam and frodo and our other heroes because the entire plot was torpedoed prematurely and the rest of the story is them arguing about Shire politics.

I liked Arya killing the Night King.

no you didn't

No, it would be like if when Frodo and Sam were crawling up mount doom, pippin came out of nowhere to help them and took the ring to throw into the lava for them

Although Ned's dead did make sense. It was the beginning of the story and the event that spanned everything else.
The Night King's demise was supposed to be the climax of the story, and it happens in one episode, in a battle that lasted less than a day (the winter had lasted 1 generation in the past), in the most idiotic way they could think of.
I don't mind Arya being the one who kills the NK. Or at least I wouldn't mind if it made sense within the development of the show. But the way they did it? Fuck that, it was bullshit.

The Red Wedding was a surprise but it made narrative sense.

Night King is a surprise but a massive missed opportunity for the narrative.

Only an actual retarded incel would take this bait and answer seriously

No, you’re just trying to start shit

To their credit they subverted my expectations of good writing.

> meatball face kills the night king
> jon snow hangs out in the snow
pottery

This.

NK: ONCE I KILL BRAN I WILL TAKE THE IRON THRONE MUAHAHAHA
NK attacks Theon and knees him, but Theon smiles as Arya goes for the NKs weak spot
NK: OOOOH RIGHT IN THE SNOWBALLS
*ghost covers his eyes with his paws*
Everyone: Looks like he didn't have what it takes to win the Iron Throne! Truly this is a Game of Thrones!
*Varys is visibly annoyed by all the eunuch jokes and insults Tyrion's height*
Then Jaime kills Cersei by throwing his golden hand at her head *POW right in the kisser!* but sadly dies as it contained all his power
Jon and Dany have a kid and call him Eddard Jaime Targaryen
Years later:
“I don’t wanna play with a Lannister!”
“Ned Jr, Jaime was the bravest man I ever met and he was a Lannister, go play with Tyrion's son”
Thuh end

Attached: 77F13538-FB90-4CAB-B56E-0E42292FE680.jpg (1509x1080, 363K)

>You can't.
I can, but don't give a fuck about shit stains like you and whatever "opinions" you may have.

They weren't ' on mount doom' in the got story , they we're facing the walkers in battle for the first time. Battle of winterfell = helms deep.
They skipped all the interesting parts of the story , the ones where the heroes pretty much see no hope for victory and things are truly desperate.

subverting your expectations, hehehehe nuthing personnel kids

Attached: Teleport_Scroll.png (560x800, 169K)

Attached: file.png (1080x960, 385K)

I never read ASOIAF and I never watched Game of Thrones. I never had any investment in this. It's your fault for thinking this will be the next LOTR.

Attached: ahem.jpg (600x600, 33K)

Attached: game of reddit.png (1351x540, 75K)

I never liked the show. I thought it was corny and all the characters are unlikable.
I haven't even been watching this whole time, so I don't even know what the show is about anymore.

I just jumped on this recent hate bandwagon as an excuse to shit on this garbage show. Fuck you and everyone else who enjoys this glorified soap opera.

It would have made a lot more sense if she had thrown the dagger at him. They established she has wicked knife throwing skills, and that dagger she used was established as being perfectly balanced.

Eloquently put

I can prove it because I'm fine with Arya killing him, but the way it was done was so fucking boring and shallow

One question to the bookfags. Did Melissandre and Arya ever meet at all in the books, or that was made up for the show? If they did, Melissandre tell her that bit about the blue eyes?

Arya is still in Braavos in the books and as far as I can recall isn't even aware of Melissandre

someone please post the jamie vs night king pasta

So to add insult to injury D&D made that whole encounter up many years ago to build to this moment? What a fucking retards.

When did these threads get so Goddamn stupid?

Tb 100% h with you I'm not sure but like I said I don't remember Arya and Mel ever meeting

This user is a gentleman and a scholar.
The execution was shit, user.

they dont, arya runs off after abandoning hound and leaves for assassins, where she still is

Arya killing the NK isn't an issue in off itself.
The problem is how it happened.
First of all, it isn't setup at all. We see Arya running out of the Great Hall, literally on the opposite side of Winterfell, and then materializing mid air half an hour later. After THEY THEMSELVES established how difficult it was for her to make it through the castle.I believe doofus and dingus even stated somewhere they did this on purpose to make it a bigger surprise. How anybody could think this was a good idea is beyond me.
Secondly, her actions were completely detached from everything else that happened in this episode. Beric and Sandor were the only ones who kinda helped, but that's it. Jon didn't matter, Dany didn't matter, the Westorosi armies didn't matter, the Unsullied didn't matter, the Dothraki didn't matter, the dragons didn't matter, Theon didn't matter, Jamie and Brienne didn't matter, Varys didn't matter, Tyrion didn't matter. THE ENTIRE FUCKING SHOW, 8 SEASONS OF BUILDUP DIDN'T MATTER JUST HAVE THE BITCH HIDE IN THE FUCKING TREE AND DROPKICK THE ICE NIGGER FUCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I've been saying it for a while but Arya is by far Dabids biggest victim.
In the books she's a literal child traumatised by seeing half her family killed and being isolated in the middle of a war.
She's constantly having to take on new identities to stay hidden to the point that she starts to lose herself, and eventually becoming 'no one' just to dissociate from reality and escape from the horrors she's lived through.
She's sustained entirely by hatred and her need for revenge to the point of treating her list of people she wants to murder as a prayer that she repeats every night.
The ONLY thing she has to remind her of her true self is Needle which is the only thing that proves she once had a family that loved her.

She's GRRM's ultimate example of how perpetuating the endless cycle of violence and revenge only leads to more pain and loss of humanity.

In the show she becomes a badass murderer because isn't murder just so fucking COOL?
I clapped when she murdered the Freys! I clapped when she murdered Littlefinger! Now I can clap when she murders the Night King!
I'm so glad Arya's character developed into a strong powerful female role model who learned that murdering all her problems away is the solution to everything!

Attached: DABID3.jpg (747x583, 47K)

And if Sam found the same knowledge of killing WWs from the books of Citadel, meaning the memory was already recorded, what was the point of it all?
Lets be real, NK got Snoke'd and even in worse way

Attached: RREEEEEE.jpg (1280x540, 52K)