So we're expected to believe that Thor wouldn't be able to tolerate the gamma radiation emitted by the snap...

so we're expected to believe that Thor wouldn't be able to tolerate the gamma radiation emitted by the snap, despite the fact that Thor has flown through outer space and survived a neutron star, that Tony and Natasha couldn't just be brought back from the past like Gamora and that the Gauntlet couldn't have just been given to Bucky whose vibranium arm would have protected him from the effects of the snap? holy shit, this shit is dumber than religion at this point but millions of basedmales are lapping this shit up

Attached: 20190430_201608.jpg (529x552, 180K)

The movie is just bad and not well though.

Once you start putting time travel everything can be possible which makes actions pointless.

They had to give the gauntlet to hulk because it was the only way to justify him not being in the fight. Disney will never give him another cool moment until they can make a profit off of him with solo movies.

I was thinking that they should have just gotten Captain Marvel to do it, but then I remembered that she is clearly an afterthought in the movie production.

yeah there's all sorts of issies with the time travel aspect.

But another thing that nobody seems to mention is that after 5 years of being dust and coming to terms with the fact she is gone, tony has no qualms letting peppor fight in a huge battle. like what.

>the Gauntlet couldn't have just been given to Bucky whose vibranium arm would have protected him from the effects of the snap
How do you know that? Are you a materials engineer?
All i know is that the snap burned half of Tony's body, so it's not just limited to the arm carrying the Gauntlet

Pepper wasn't gone.

Uncle Bruce's recipe for Infinite Pym Particles

>Travel back, retrieve x Pym cannisters and return
>Wait any arbitrary length of time
>Travel back and meet yourself as you return from the past
>Now go back and meet yourself returning from your subsequent trip as many times as you require, each iteration netting you (x-2)^n
>Repeat as necessary
>Once time fuckery is complete, return what you initially took from Pym's lab "before the world notices."

Its a fucking movie for children, just stop. If it doesn't bother to address this inconsistencies it's because it doesn't have to because the audience is stupid and will make a billion dollars

>being surprised that a horrible franchise had a horrible movie in it
damn I wouldn't want to live in the shoes of a person who would purposefully watch this

>Go back in time to assemble the infinity gauntlet and take it with you
>Go to the moment where Natasha dies and tell her she doesn't need to sacrifice herself
>Snap and take her to the present with you
>Let her live out her days and on her dying bed, time stone her to being young again and take her back to that point in time and let her die
>???
>profit

>Go back in time to the moment Tony snaps
>Bring Hulk with you
>Use him to snap instead
>Let him live out his days and on his dying bed, time stone him to being young again and take him back to that point in time and let him die
>???
>profit

>Go back in time to take the time stone
>Use it to make old cap young again
>???
>profit

>See a new enemy arising
>Go back in time to assemble the infinity gems
>Snap him out of existence
>???
>profit

This is why you don't introduce Time Travel with no repercussions

Why didn't they just send Boomer Thor back to Wakanda and have him aim for the head? That gets them a complete set of stones, a perfect, unused Dwarf-crafted gauntlet, and no one has to die. Also, they prevent that universe's snap as a byproduct.

Problem solved.

>why didnt they give the glove to bucky, who was dusted???

>holy shit, this shit is dumber than religion
*flips katana around and slides it into sheathe (it looks really badass)*
*tips fedora at you*

Attached: 1551713394242.jpg (548x618, 175K)

>Thor wouldn't be able to tolerate the gamma radiation emitted by the snap, despite the fact that Thor has flown through outer space and survived a neutron star

I thought it was because he was drunk and might fuck it up?

Agree with other points though.

Also Tony Stark inventing time travel in like 4 hours lmao.

they literally covered all of your dumb points like 20 minutes into the movie.

She was there the entire movie. We see her in the early scenes when Tony is chilling at home.
How do you think he had a daughter?

Then enlighten me.

Attached: 6814120C-A513-4B38-81D5-380BC1ED750E.jpg (353x334, 19K)

>hasn't even watched Endgame
shoo, incel

You are missing his point. That's not to fix their own timeline, it's to get all the stones at once in a single move to borrow and bring to the main timeline, use to bring everyone back and then return it to the alternate universe they borrowed it from which is also saved as a bi-product.

>this shit is dumber than religion

You paid to watch this shit, you faggot.

Attached: gaytheism.jpg (1190x840, 316K)

nice triggered tumblr meme retort
cope and seethe more, Yea Forums isnt your safespace

Thor was going to do it but he “wasn’t in the right state of mind”
yeah it is stupid and a cop out so that Hulk didn’t have a part in the final battle for some reason

>The buzzwords make me right.

>says after posting a reddit meme from 2015
post a rageface next, kiddo. maybe the kike you're worshiping will give you a headpat

To be fair Thor's emotional state was a mess, and he was constantly flip-flopping over every action he did. It was likely a good call because the first thing he did on his mission in the past was run away.

>triggered
>tumblr
>meme
>cope
>seethe
>safespace

Attached: 1543330773744.png (250x202, 8K)

I think the dumbest and most insulting thing is that we're expected to believe that all the dusted people who were snapped back to life by Tony just continue living as if nothing has changed since 5 years ago. when you think about it, the logistics and financial/material burden of rehabilitating 50% of humanity back into society would cripple entire economies and governments and probably cause worldwide riots/civil wars to break out

It also saves that universe's Thor from becoming the guy who murders an enfeebled, helpless Thanos in an(understandable) fit of grief and rage. Understanding it is one thing, but the movie treats it as if it's acceptable behavior. Crimes of passion are still crimes for a reason. This Thor is no longer a champion of life and justice. He's back to the same impulsive behavior for which Odin deemed him unworthy of his power in the first place.

He shouldn't even have been capable of lifting Mjölnir, let alone summoning it. Fir a "kid's movie," that's a pretty shitty message.

Found the JIDF shill.

Attached: pagan_shills.png (637x332, 57K)

Most people forget or look past the “worthy” part which is unfortunate because the second cap picked it up they were all like YEA HES WORTHY

Imagine if your wife disappeared, and her sister comforts you, and you end up dumping mad creampies in her for five years, then suddenly your original wife turns up again.

Or you move in to one of the several million now deserted properties and spend years doing it up, only for the original occupants to suddenly turn up back on your couch.

Wrong. IT'S NOT TIME TRAVEL that makes a plot bad you idiots, it's poor writing that makes the plot bad.

It was a right handed gauntlet and Bucky's fancy arm is his left one

Exactly this. There are smart ways to do time travel and dumb ones. This movie not only chose all the dumb ones, it invented a few more.

Bill and Ted handled time travel with more respect.

Stop it! This movie is a masterpiece and ending for 11 years and you guys are running this special moment ! Just enjoy and relax.

>thinking the the world is 4000 years old
Enjoy your life of praying to the ceiling.

Fuck you. Ceiling cat has never once failed to answer my prayers.

>no repercussions
Strange 2 is gonna be about mordo shitting on strange for all the fucking repercussions the time fuckery caused
Any of the cosmic shit in guardians 3/the eternals movie is likely to deal with the same thing as well.

These past couple of years have been a buffet of disappointing story conclusions. I fully expect "Rise of the Apologies" to be the bitter dessert.

>the glove is for a right hand
>Bucky's robo-arm is a lefty
Well that fucks that one.

At any rate, Disney reduces the payroll and costs by $50 mil by NOT having RDJ and around $20 mil for NOT having Evans in the next one.

It wasn't a reasonable conclusion at all, and was more of an emotional one.

Wonder how much they lose by NOT having RDJ and NOT having Evans in the next one.
Probably more than 70 million.

If you believe for one moment that they're *ever* going to reference this shit going forward, you're only fooling yourself. They've made ignoring shit they've already established a house specialty. Take this as a case in point:

The MCU suffers from the same disease that's infected Star Wars. It has lost its respect for the established characters, mechanics, and continuity. It's becoming big-screen identity politics and shit writing poorly glued together by ass-pull after ass-pull. Want an example of what I'm talking about?

Heimdall.

Remember back when the Bifrost first made its appearance? It was presented to us in an easily believable way. It's some techno-magical construct and Heimdall is its appointed guardian and gatekeeper, precisely like he is in myth. Heimdall activates it by unlocking it using his sword as a sort of key. At the conclusion of Thor, we see that there are *some* consequences to the Bifrost being shattered, that without it, it's no longer easy to reach Earth or presumably the other Realms. Even though not exclusively shown as such, it's easy to imagine it as a sort of transport hub, with a trip to Asgard being necessary before you can make a trip to anywhere else.

Then Disney took over.

Now twenty-odd movies later, Bifrost is something that can be "summoned" even with the entirety of Asgard destroyed. It's no longer a device, but a power that both Thor and Heimdall can summon at will from anywhere, sending themselves and others anywhere they choose, apparently. We see Heimdall do that very thing when the writers needed a way to get the Hulk back to Earth, but could think of no way to make it happen, so they just ass-pull Heimdall sending him there with the Bifrost, but in spite of the implications that has on battles against foes like Thanos, the audience is expected to just pretend like there's something stopping them from just teleporting their foe into the closest convenient star.

That's absolute shit writing.

They're not gonna make as much money anyway because after saving the universe there's nothing they can do to impress the audience and create this level of build-up again.

It'll take YEARS for them to figure out what big build-up they're gonna try next as it took a decade to get to where the MCU is now. In the mean time it'll be low-stakes solo movies with occasional crossovers like Thor/GOTG.

they'll just have their literal whos like shang chi and eternals making 1 billion somehow to show that "it's still alive"

Eh. The established characters (BP on down) will do better than the new-wave ones will.

Is there any more arcs in the Marvel Universe as big as the infinity one?

Attached: 1555666508207.gif (500x517, 328K)

This
Its all about the spectacle and setpieces now
Just turn your brain off bro

There's plenty in the comic books, but the problem isn't that. The problem is being able to sell such arcs to movie-goers who aren't comic book fans.

Do you really think movie audiences will give a shit about saving the universe a second time? There lies the problem. It's obvious that Disney's plan is to sell the MCU from an SJW perspective. Personally I think that'll work as well as pushing it in TLJ did.

The most logical direction from my perspective is a Secret Wars build-up

They also did this because they needed a way to(finally) bridge between GotG and the rest of the MCU. They had three Thor movies, two Avengers movies, two GotG movies, and a Dr. Strange movie to do it with, but instead, it all comes courtesy of IW, with Thor lazily and clumsily smacking the windshield of the ship whose name I still can't remember. In the vastness of space. It doesn't get any fucking lazier than that.

I would have been perfectly fine with time travel being the way they wrap up 10+ years of storylines if it had been done is a better way. The way the time travel is done is something extremely difficult to do and for some reason they can only do it ONCE so it can't be replicated. With the reasoning being very clear. So its all or nothing.

Instead we get Tony saying "Computer....make time machine!" computer does it. "Wow it works!" Then they say "We can't undo certain things but can undo other things....because" With no real sensible explanation as to why they can't just keep undoing more and more things. They end the movie with still having all the stones and as much pym particles as they want. They could literally just start from square one all over again and try again this time knowing what to avoid to make sure tony and natasha dont die and everything goes how they want.

kek

>bring back everyone who's been gone for 5 years, instantly
>most of their stuff is gone, 'reclaimed', stolen or rusted and decayed. No home, no car, no job.
>a lot of their loved ones have moved on like they were fucking told for the last 5 years
>even those who didn't are now 5 years older bitter traumatized fucks
a happy ending for all

Attached: whutllama.gif (135x120, 357K)

This is valid but do you really want an extra 20 minute scene where Tony and glasses Hulk struggle to create time machine in movie that's already 3 hours long

You're applying adding extra scenes to a poorly written movie. I'm saying they would have been better served with the plot being different. Have the method of time travel be different so it's not just some easily repeatable thing. Even with tony dead and the machine broken. They still have all the science, all the stones and more pym particles. The way it's done in the movie there is no stakes and no satisfying ending and they don't even explain WHY they can't just try over again.

The plot would have been better if changed entirely to have the time travel be done in a different way instead of building a time machine. and this other way has an explanation of why it can only be done ONCE. would even create more tension because they need to succeed or else.

They acted like "We only have enough pym particles for one trip" But show they can just use time travel to get more pym particles and do it as much as they want to anyway. There was no tension or anything other than forcing it by saying "We can't bring them back" without saying why

I just love how several times during the movie they made fun of other time travel movies for not making any sense, and then made as big if not bigger clusterfuck themselves.

Attached: whspurdo.jpg (184x184, 10K)

if captain marvel wasn't the absolutely worst handled character in the MCU, she could've done the snap. they gave her literally no character development besides a haircut change.

>be in a helicopter when getting dusted
>comes back to life in midair and fall to your death
It would've made sense if they went back in time to the point when Thanos snapped for the first time but this is laughably bad.

This is probably the point I had most issue with this movie, most of the time travel "plot holes" are people trying to pretend they have a brain only to show they are brainlets but this, when I saw Parker going to the school like it was normal school day or like he was the only one that disappeared and everyone acting like normal I was like what?

Are you telling me everyone in his class was also wiped as well? Families and everything? Not one got Scott and Cassie Langed?

The chaos caused by the reappearing population would probably be greater than the chaos caused by the snap.

Who cares, lmao.

No. I want it to be left out entirely if they can't do a better job of integrating it into the story. Here's a crazy thought:

What if they actually used the stones having a consciousness for some actual benefit?

Instead of an ass-pull time travel resolution, we get one where the two "most-conscious" stones, soul and space, are revealed to be working as co-conspirators? The Soul Stone seeks to acquire souls and the Space Stone seeks to create space. They're working together to acquire souls and create entire pocket dimensions for them to live in. They're revealed to have been doing this for millions of years, the Space Stone sending those who seek the Soul Stone to make their sacrifice to acquire its power. As time passed, the will of the Soul Stone came to dominate the others, and it was actually its influence that was poisoning Thanos's already unbalanced mind, calling out to him, telling him to seek out the others and unite their power in a way no one before ever had.

>Thor lazily and clumsily smacking the windshield of the ship whose name I still can't remember
It has same same name as of crazy bitch from Charmed that hates white people

wow man this is really good, you should send it to marvel:)

why didn't Tony use the stones to make himself strong enough to handle the snap?

Attached: 1553383749230.gif (400x400, 3.13M)

Thor was too pickled at that point to be trusted to fix Thanos' snap and not just wish for hot wings

I think they meant Thor wasn't in a proper mental state to safely use the gauntlet, and I'd say that's pretty fair. He was a drunk incoherent mess.

I'm ok with every other possible plothole this movie has, but Black Widow's fate really bothers me since she's always been one of my favorites and in this movie especially. But yeah, I've got nothing on this one, other than that I'm sad.

That Bucky thing never crossed my mind, but now that I think of it, I can see his arm just immediately getting wrecked from all the energy and who knows, maybe you need to have a more direct contact with the glove than just your prosthetic robo arm.

Thor can't heal as well as Hulk and he is the better fighter so Hulk is the right choice there.

If they kidnapped an Iron Man from another universe, then that Universe wouldn't have Iron Man anymore.

Bucky's arm is metal and he got snapped.

And the big reveal is that he didn't ever actually kill anyone after Gamora, his sacrifice. All of them, half a universe's worth of beings all living in their own separate illusions, pocket dimensions created by the Space Stone, given Reality by the Reality Stone, made timeless by the Time Stone, and all made possible by the infinite energy of the Power Stone. Up until their unification, all the souls claimed by the Soul Stone resided within it, weak dimensions created solely by the limited power of the Space Stone. Thanos, who always sought balance, both in himself and the universe, has been struggling mightily to resist the bolstered influence if the vampiric Soul Stone that, unsatisfied with having laid claim on half the souls in existence, greedily now wants the rest. Its will is strong, but it is now opposed by an unexpected opponent - the Mind Stone, which had spent its entire existence devoid of sentience, a sentience it now possesses courtesy of the Soul Stone having greedily, and unwittingly, consumed a creature of pure consciousness - the Vision.

The Vision has become the embodiment of mind, and he reaches out to another of the Mind Stone's creations, Wanda, through her dreams. It's up to one team consisting of Thor, Wanda, and Dr. Strange to find their way into the realms contained within the Soul Stone, unite the others lost in the snap, find Gamora, and do battle with and wrest control from the vampiric consciousness of the Soul Stone itself while the others do battle with a truly deranged Thanos in their reality, a Thanos increasingly incapable of accessing the entirety of their power because of the growing disharmony within them.

Where's my check, Disney, you utter fucking hacks?

so does time travel itself create new realities or only when an infinity stone is taken?