Jesus fucking Christ you guys memed me to this page but everyone on there is a fucking pretentious art fag without any...

Jesus fucking Christ you guys memed me to this page but everyone on there is a fucking pretentious art fag without any sense of humour. It's just awful. I just use it to log films now but is there an alternative with less shitty folks? What's your opinion and experience with Letterboxd.

Attached: special snowflake box.jpg (467x81, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/crantiuscolto/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are other anons using it amongst the normies, OP. Just search "kino" and you'll find a brudda.

>I just use it to log films now

What else would you even want to use it for? Discussion? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a loser.

>noooooooooooooo why don't people who believe film is art and have a real passion for it hate all these epic quirky horror filicks? FUN is all that's important brotendo, just because your film is in black and white and existentialist doesn't make it better than the avengers!

This but unironically

except they love the MCU over there

thats me unironically. i write whatever the fuck i want, i use the word kino, i am politically incorrect, sometimes ironic, and nobody seems to care.

in general they hate all the movies prior to 2000

when OP was talking about humourless fucks and pretentious people he was clearly not alluding to MCU fans you 80 IQ chimp

You gotta be kidding, there problem with letterboxd is that isn't pretentious enough, it's full of tumblr retards and one-liner reviews

>is there an alternative

>A24/Criterion shills
>not the definition of pretentious

they all are though? you see them rating whatever Orson Welles and Taiwanese New Wave, then the latest Avengers and A24 in order to blend in all the time

1. block the most egregious twats (on desktop they'll still show up in the 'popular reviews' trio, but not if you click on 'more')

2. wade through the rest of the shit to find some people with similar taste. I've gotten some good recs just from looking through what my 'friends' were watching.

also try going to the page for a movie you absolutely love (preferably something not all that popular) and checking out the 'x fans' page (next to the rating). That'll give you all the people who have that movie in their favorites on their profile, so odds are they'll have similar taste to you.

3. now only look at your friends' activity (maybe check out the people your friends are interacting with) and the expanded popular/recent section for specific films

surely it's a good thing to watch (and hopefully enjoy) many different things?

If you can't find stuff that you like without aping random idiots on the internet you have failed as a human being.

Only true contrarians watch solely old black and white films and stick to watching them, otherwise their pretentious street cred is hurt.

first of all don't talk shit about taiwanese new wave
secondly there's a big difference between the real art niggas who actually watch taiwanese new wave, the pseuds who watch criterion shit, mcu shit and a24 shit because they want to think they actually enjoy film as art and have the IQ required to appreciate it but don't so they end up watching the shit they actually want to watch which is MCU shite then pretend they like it ironically/dude it's ok to have fun and then the actual plebs who have a letterboxd account to log IMDB top 250 core for no reason

I'd rather take one-liner reviews over tl;dr ones that drone on and on anyday.

Try rym, it's what I use

>I just use it to log films
is there any other use of this page anyways?

Well you can look pretentious by writing kino meme reviews and linking your posts to people to admire.

*m'lady*

Attached: 1526619328157.jpg (750x463, 46K)

its perfect as a catalog. Other than that its quite shitty social media.
inb4 implying any other social media is not shit

so we're all non-pretentious, non-shitty folks, right? what have you all been watching? I'd like to find some new people to follow.

here's my last month
letterboxd.com/crantiuscolto/

Attached: 2019-04-30 13.41.06 letterboxd.com 10d987aada1f.png (736x1518, 259K)

pleb